Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118480 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1020 on: December 18, 2021, 02:34:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #183 (1967) - Dr. Guthrie - 'David MUSTN'T go near his mother. It isn't safe.'

From "#0182/0183: Robservations 09/27/01: Peter Lays His Cards on the Table, and His Head in the Noose"
Collinwood drawing room - Believe me, says Peter to Roger, you're doing the right thing. I hope so, says Roger. David mustn't go near his mother, says Peter, it isn't safe. I don't know how safe I am, says Roger--Laura threatened me, said she would do something drastic if I didn't let her have David. What? asks Peter. It doesn't matter, says Roger, but if she carries out he threat, it could be damaging to me--I would like to believe she won't go through with it. All I can say is, says Peter, your son's life and possibly your sister's life could be at stake--anything you can do to help them has to be done.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'You MUST be joking, drunk, insane or all three!', which is one of my favorites from this entire slideshow) was back on April 8th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 19, 2021, 05:24:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #208 (1967) - Liz - 'He MUST leave Collinwood as soon as possible!'

From "#0208/0209: Abbreviated Robservations 10/17/01: Collins Family Jewels"
Liz has heard about the fight between Burke and Willie at the Blue Whale, and orders Jason to get him out of not just Collinwood, but Collinsport.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the situation but not the actual quote. But the way the quote comes up is that after Liz says she wants Willie out of Collinwood and away from Collinsport, Jason says he had an idea that was what she was going to say. Liz insists that she said it and she means it. Jason isn't used to being given orders, but Liz doesn't care. Jason then says he expects that news has reached her of "that unfortunate fight last night in town between my friend Willie and Mr. Devlin." "Willie had absolutely no control. I should never have let him stay here one minute when I found out what he tried to do to Carolyn!" And after that is when Liz delivers the quote, which she.follows with, "And if he doesn't..." But Jason says there's no need to threaten and he shocks Liz after he says that he agrees with her completely...

And I have to say I absolutely love the screen capture I was able to get of Jason for the quote:

Priceless!!  [santa_cheesy]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Jason - 'Willie, if you MUST steal something, steal something that won't be missed') was back on November 22nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 20, 2021, 05:34:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #373 (1795) - Angelique - 'Now hurry! I MUST begin my work.'

From "#0372/0373: Robservations 02/26/02: Josette Loves Jeremiah?"
In her room, Angelique tells Ben he is now bonded to her, unbreakably, and she plans to use his strength when she has none to use. He knows he must obey her. She tells him to get an unbroken spider's web from an oak tree
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references Angelique's initial order but it doesn't go so far as the quote. But the way the quote comes up is that after Angelique orders Ben to get the spider's web from an oak tree and to be careful to make sure that not a single strand of the web is broken, Ben objects that he can't go because of Joshua. But Angelique insists that he's not Ben master now, she is, and after saying that is when she delivers the quote. Ben leaves. End of teaser...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST get it from a-- an oak tree. You MUST be very careful when you remove it. Not a single strand of the web can be broken. And bring it to me. Go!') was back on July 24th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 21, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #628 (1968) - Julia - 'I MUST see Adam.'

From "Robservations 9/3/02 - Angelique Sends Nicholas to Hell - #628/629"
They hear a knock at the door and Nicholas tells Adam he'd better go. Nicholas opens the door to Julia--who says she must see Adam. He tells her Adam isn't there, but she insists he's lying. She opens the living room doors and demands to know where he is. I can't help you, says Nicholas, good night. She tells him she has news about Eve--she's dead. Nicholas' face collapses in disbelief and horror. Dead? She was murdered, says Julia. Adam listens in.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 22, 2021, 04:08:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #654 (1968) - Barnabas - 'This animal MUST be found.'

From "Robservations 9/19/02 - #654/655 - Joe Unhinged"
Barnabas helps Joe onto the sofa. Joe says he's all right--but says perhaps I was wrong when I described the animal as a wolf that walked like a man; he lunged at me before I knew it, and I could see the shape of a dog, eyes and teeth. That's exactly what Elizabeth saw, says Barnabas--Liz was attacked, as were many other people. Joe says when he was in the hospital, he was trying to solve the mystery of what was making him behave so oddly, to do the things he'd done. Barnabas assures him the past is over with, forgotten, the present is important, (I guess that's his way of saying he forgives Joe for trying to kill him during the Angelique-jealousy mess), and this animal MUST be found.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Chris - 'There MUST be something stronger--there has to be!') was back on August 23rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 23, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #732 (1897) - Laura - 'Oh Quentin, the pressures MUST be very great on your brain.'

From "Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall"
Quentin continues to strangle Laura, then abruptly releases her when he's filled with pain, his body enveloped in light.  He accuses her of doing something to him, but she says she's not--anger, she says, heats the blood and puts strain on the heart.  He clutches his stomach, accusing her of doing something terrible to him.  She denies it, and fears coming moving closer to him in case he tries to kill her again.  "You're dead already," he moans, writhing in agony.  Laura half-humorously suggests the pressures on his brain must be very great.  Help me! he beg.  Repeat that, Laura asks.  I promise to stop you, he vows, whatever you're doing to me.  Laura maintains, I'm doing nothing except enjoying your reaping the rewards of a rich and well spent life.  When he begs for her help, she laughs.  How does it feel to beg? she demands--to suffer?  I don't want to die, he says, walking around the room in a pain-filled shuffle.  Do you think I wanted to die in Alexandria? she asks shrilly, when the fire priests dragged me, screaming, to the sacrificial altar?-- "Quentin!" I cried, Laura reminds him, "Help me, Quentin!"  She notes that he seems to be unconscious, and callously checks to make sure he can still hear her.  He can, so she continues--I remembers the priest dragging me to the flames, asking why I was crying to Quentin for help--when he's the one who betrayed me?  I had to, groans Quentin, or they would have killed me.  I finally figured that out, she says bitterly, and now the death you evaded then has caught up with you, right here at Collinwood!
She laughs--well, goodbye, she says, enjoy your rendezvous.  He tries to grab her before she exits.  Laura airily assures him, "Dying is not so bad, Quentin, once you get used to the idea!"  She leaves him alone.  Quentin sinks to the floor, unconscious.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations rearranges the words but still references the quote quite well...

Another one of my favorite Laura quotes. In fact, it's my favorite Laura scene, particularly where she callously checks to make sure Quentin can still hear her. Priceless!! Diana Millay's whole performance is wonderful...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 24, 2021, 02:40:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #932 (1970) - Amanda - 'I have five more minutes-- you MUST give them to me!'

From "Robservations 5/9/03 - #932-933 - Mr. Best Has a Busy Day"
she finds herself face to face with Mr. Best. It's storming. No, she cries, you can't come for me now. Did you forget your appointment with me? he asks--am I early?--it would be most unlikely. He checks his watch. I have five more minutes, says--you must give them to me. I wouldn't cheat you, he says, not if you were right.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Mr. Best - 'You MUSTN'T try to understand all I say. My mind is much more complex than yours, or anyone's for that matter. I pride myself on that') was back on November 19th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 25, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #1009 (1970PT) - Roger - 'Well, I'm afraid that's the cross you MUST bear-- the fact that you look so much like her.'

From "#1008/1009: Robservations 07/07/03: Au Revoir, Dr. Gladstone"
Angelique sits before the fire on the drawing room. Roger enters. How long have you been standing and staring at me? she asks--I could actually feel you staring, do you believe that? Then you must have the same sixth sense Angelique had, he says, it was uncanny. She smiles-- why were you looking at me? she asks. That's the cross you must bear for looking so much like her, says Roger, smiling gently. At least people no longer think I AM Angelique, she says, I found that terribly disturbing. I never doubted you for a moment, he says. Oh? She asks.  I don't mean any offense, he assures her, but Angelique was one of a kind.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't get the quote exactly but it does reference it quite well...

And I love the expression on Roger face when he delivers the quote -

- though little does he know how foolish he's making himself look because he has no clue that he's actually talking to the real Angelique...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 26, 2021, 03:00:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1068 (1995) - Quentin - 'No one MUST know--no one.'

From "#1068/1069: Robservations 08/18/03: More Death"
He sits down, still gazing at the envelope, laughing. Like a naughty boy, he takes it out and reads: "I will wait for you at Collinwood-come there and I will tell you all that I remember." Tell all that she remembers? says Quentin aloud--oh, no, no one must... He is about to throw it into the fire when Barnabas enters, demanding, "What is that?" Nothing, says Quentin, just a note, it doesn't say anything. The note from Daphne? asks Barnabas. No, it's from Carolyn, says Quentin. May I see it? asks Barn. Quentin holds it crumbled in his hand, trying to hide it, but Barnabas takes it from him anyway, removing it from his hand. Quentin is ashamed of himself. Barnabas reads it and shouts, "You were going to destroy this?-Why?" Quentin pathetically says, "No one must know--no one." Julia enters--I looked everywhere for the note from Daphne, she says, but it's no where to be found. Barnabas holds out Carolyn's note--this note will be far more valuable, he says-I'll tell you on the way to Collinwood. Julia gives Quentin a last glance before they go. He sits down in the chair and tries to fold his very long legs up around him, begging, "Don't tell anyone-please don't tell anyone! Please, please don't tell anyone, please!" The camera pans back as he pleads, making him appear to be a child.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Gone. Yes, they're all gone. Everyone is gone. She MUSTN'T come back here. She MUST never come back to this place. They're all gone') was back on March 10th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 27, 2021, 03:48:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1148 (1840) - Daphne - 'Yesterday was like a door opening for me, but today the door has closed, and it MUST remain closed.'

From "#1148/1149: Robservations 10/30/03: Rescue; A Sibling Horrorshow"
I don't understand very much, she says, I don't know what to believe here.  Yesterday, what I told you, he says, putting his hand on her arm, you can believe that.  Don't touch me, she says, moving away.  Yesterday was like a door opening for me, she says, but today the door has closed, and it must remain closed.  Why? he asks.  Joanna, she says.  Joanna is dead! he says, holding her arms.  You still love her! says Daphne.  No, says Quentin.  I can't take her place, insists Daphne.  Quentin assures her she's got her own place.  Don't even says that, she pleads, don't even ask me to think about that, not after I saw her crying in that asylum for you--do you think we could be happy as long as I remember that--no, Quentin.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laszlo - 'Well I, uh, I was looking for someone-- a servant. A grand house like this MUST have servants') was back on September 10th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 28, 2021, 04:38:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1200 (1841PT) - Bramwell - 'You MUST get away from Collinwood now.'

You might think that Bramwell is talking to Catherine there. I did when I saw that quote was on the potentials list for 1841PT. But when I tracked it down to use for the slideshow I discovered:

From "#1199/1200: Robservations 12/09/03: The Woman in White"
Justin's room - I had to come back to his room, Bramwell, says Melanie--he loved me, even if I wasn't his real daughter--once I wanted to find out who my real parents were, he told me not to try--wasn't it enough to have him and Mama?--it was...it was...the boys, they resent me, as they do you.  Gently Bramwell urges, you must get away from Collinwood now.  She looks at him, astounded
--get away? she repeats  Your father must have left you enough money, says Bramwell.  Where would I go? she asks.  Somewhere, says Bramwell, anywhere you can have a life of your own--wouldn't you like that?--away from this house, with all its superstitions and fears?  I couldn't leave, she insists.  Why? he asks.  I couldn't, she says, anymore than the rest of them--don't ever ask me about it again.  Bramwell looks at her sadly.
[/spoiler]

Bramwell and Melanie have a nice relationship in 1841PT. It's almost as if on some level they always knew the truth...

And the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 29, 2021, 04:06:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #738 (1897) - Jamison - 'Well, Quentin says servants MUST know their proper place.'

From "Robservations 11/22/02 - #738/739 - Barnabas & Charity Look Into Laura's Past"
Jamison knocks at the door.  Laura hides the scarab in her pocket.  Jamison is disconcerted to see Dirk--I thought you would be alone.  Dirk was just helping me with something I needed, Laura explains (tell your son what, Laura, I dare ya!).  Jamison orders Dirk to go.  Laura wonders how her son could speak to Dirk that way.  Quentin says servants must know their proper place, says Jamison.  Laura is angry to hear this--Quentin is the person trying to hurt me, she tells him, but Jamison doesn't believe her.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 30, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #114 (1966) - Roger - 'He MUST be crouched in some hovel now, a hundred miles from here.'

From "#0113/0114: Robservations 08/08/01: Befriending a Murderer"
David quietly leaves the kitchen with his bag of food and walks past the drawing room. I know what I'm doing, says Liz, and I'm going to fight Burke with every means at my disposal. I wish Matthew had managed to strangle Burke at the Blue Whale that day, says Roger. Don't be morbid, says Liz, and don't talk about Matthew--I don't like to remember what happened. David leaves the house. I feel sorry for him, says Roger--he must be crouched in some hovel, a hundred miles from here, knowing he can't go any further, knowing the police are going to find him--and he's in that position because of us.
[/spoiler]

Roger's quite right that Matthew's predicament is because of his loyalty to them but how wrong he is that Matthew is a hundred miles away.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 31, 2021, 04:32:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #275 (1967) - Willie - 'No, Jason, you MUSTN'T! You can't!'

From "#0275/0276: Robservations 12/07/01: Farewell, Jason!"
Once downstairs, Jason homes in on Barnabas' coffin and demands to know what's inside. Scared, Willie tells him the jewels are in a drawer in a table close by, and he goes to collect some pieces. Jason insists on having more, but Willie says the remainder are walled up. Jason is convinced the rest are in the coffin. Willie makes an effort to stop him, but Jason tells him, "I'm gonna open this coffin, Willie, and you're not gonna stop me.
When Jason lifts the lid, however, his expression of glee turns to one of terror as Barnabas' hand reaches out and clutches his throat.
[/spoiler]

Once again we have a Robservations with less detail than normal, and once again it doesn't reference the quote. However, the circumstances surrounding the quote are that after Jason wonders what the coffin is doing in the basement, Willie warns him to stay away from it. Jason questions why and Willie warns him not to go near it. Jason jumps to the conclusion that the jewels are hidden in the coffin and makes a move to open it. That's when Willie leaps in to try to stop him and desperately delivers the quote. Jason pushes Willie away. Willie insists there aren't any jewels in the coffin, so Jason asks where they are. Willie says if Jason wants jewels he'll get him some. Again Jason asks where they are and Willie tells him they're in the table. Jason order him to get them and Willie moves to do so...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 01, 2022, 01:44:07 AM »

Ep #494 (1968) - Julia - 'He has an extraordinarily alert mind, but it's trapped inside him. We MUST find ways to free it so that he can begin to learn.'

From "Robservations 5/22/02 - #493/494 - Baby Comes Home"
Adam is banging on the walls while Willie cowers in a corner of the cell. Like a kid having a tantrum, Adam wants to see the pretty jewelry. Julia comes in and calms the big guy down.
Willie tells her to give him her necklace, it will calm him down and save Willie's life. Julia holds it up, per Willie's orders. When she does so, Adam takes it, happy, and sits back down on his bed. Julia tells Willie to leave quickly, which he does, and he informs Julia outside the cell he won't go back in there--he thinks Adam should be destroyed. No, says Julia. Then Adam will destroy YOU warns Willie, but she disagrees. Adam has an alert mind, but it's trapped inside him. They must free it so he can learn. Willie calls Adam dumb, and Julia haughtily informs him "It takes intelligence to know intelligence."
[/spoiler]

Though it paraphrases the quote a bit, the Robservations still references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'But one thing I MUST say, though. These earrings are different') was back on September 27th of 2020.