Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118008 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #555 on: December 27, 2020, 06:52:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #977 (1970PT) - Chris - 'Roger, whatever you may have felt about Angelique, you MUST remember that Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back.'

From "Robservations 6/11/03 - #976-977 - Tragic Attack"
Bruno is a brilliant pianist, says Roger, or Angelique never would have encouraged him. He gazes up at Ang's painting--her taste in music, as everything else, he adds, was exquisite, thanks to me. You won't stop deluding yourself, will you? asks Liz. It's no delusion, says Roger, Angelique and I shared something very special--our minds met and changed each other--yes, Angelique was my very own creation, that's why I understand her sending for Bruno. Sending for Bruno? questions Liz--Angelique is dead, she can't send for anyone. Chris enters--hello, Cousin, he says to Liz. Bruno is back, says Liz, if you haven't heard. I have, says Chris. You manage the estate for Quentin, says Liz, there must be some way of stopping Bruno from moving into the cottage. Moving in? asks Chris--I'd assumed he was merely passing through. No, says Liz, he plans to stay, says he belongs here. He never belonged here, especially not now, says Chris. You'll do something about it then, says Liz.
Of course, Chris assures her. Quickly, says Liz warningly--Quentin will be back with his bride soon! Roger laughs evilly--you make me laugh, Liz, talking so earnestly, trying to put together a plan to protect Quentin and his little bride from big bad Bruno and all the others--and it's all useless. Whatever you felt about Angelique, says Chris, you must remember Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back. Roger gazes up at Angelique's portrait, and repeats what Chris said--don't you realize that Mrs. Collins never left, not for a moment. Chris and Liz look at the portrait, too.  Roger asks to be excused and exits the room, smiling. He walks toward Barnabas and Roger, standing out in the hall, seeming as if he's going to literally bump into Barnabas--and the room abruptly changes back to dark emptiness. Roger and Barnabas gaze into the room.
[/spoiler]

And the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And as fascinating as watching PT must have been - especially watching your own counterpart - one might think Roger might have been at least as curious as to why Barnabas was suddenly sporting his Pepe Le Pew hair? But no one on the show ever questioned it. I suppose it's only several in the audience who wonder why no one commented on the change. Polite breeding must run through all of Collisport!  [santa_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 28, 2020, 08:14:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1125 (1840) - Gerard - 'The suspense is killing me - I MUST find out what the future may hold for me!'

From "#1125/1126: Robservations 09/29/03: A Headless Body; a Jeweled Mask"
Gerard finds Leticia sitting in a chair, staring into the fire at Rose Cottage.  Do you feel a little better? he asks.  Look who wants something now, she says.  I can't hide it, he admits, I do.  And what might it be? she asks.  I'll be honest, he says--the suspense is killing me--I must find out what the future holds for me!  She looks at him and asks, "You want me to tell you?"  Yes, he says forcefully, then adds, "Please."  You weren't willing to help me at Collinwood, she says, I don't believe I'll help you now.  I would help you, he says but you wouldn't tell me anything--I'll help you now, if you want to say anything to me.  It's all right, luv, she says, I don't need your help now--you'll just have to manage your little problem by yourself.  Now, you don't mean that, he says.  Yes I do, she insists--you haven't treated me right, Gerard.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references this quote (almost) perfectly (simply missing the word "may," as in "may hold"...

However, I suspect we'd all agree that Gerard is better off not knowing what the future holds for him...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 29, 2020, 12:45:10 AM »
Nice photo of Quentin today. Looks as if he's ready to celebrate New Year's Eve early!

Best, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 29, 2020, 04:00:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1221 (1841PT) - Daphne - 'Now, I know we've had our differences but they must be put aside now.'

From "#1220/1221: Robservations 12/23/03: Morgan's Sacrifice"
Catherine closes the drawing room window and wanders around for a few moments.  Daphne rushes in--Catherine, we must put our differences aside now--"You're my sister, and I do love you, and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you--please Catherine, don't go into that room tonight!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote for the most part but leaves out bits...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 29, 2020, 10:26:33 PM »
Ah, the insidious Nicholas Blair at his most eeee-vil! Excellent choice for today.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 30, 2020, 02:02:00 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #881 (1897) - Quentin - 'MUSTN'T sleep. MUSTN'T. Too much to do before I leave Collinwood. But maybe...just for a minute...'

From "Robservations 4/7/03 - #880-881 - Plenty 'o' Deaths; Petofi Tries--Again"
Charity realizes there really IS no time to lose--the minute Quentin falls asleep, Petofi will have him--forever!  Horrified, Charity slides out of bed and goes down to the drawing room, where Quentin is drinking his brandy. Mustn't sleep, he tells himself drowsily--too much to do before I leave, but maybe...just for a minute...  The glass begins to fall, as in Charity/Pansy's vision."
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well but once again it leaves out a bit...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 30, 2020, 02:10:01 AM »
Nice photo of Quentin today. Looks as if he's ready to celebrate New Year's Eve early!

Out of context it definitely looks that way:

[santa_cheesy]

Though in context things are a lot more dire for poor Quentin!! Someone's about to have their way with him - and not in a good way that he'll enjoy!!  [nodno]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 31, 2020, 03:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #554 (1968) - Nicholas - 'Too bad you had to open that door, Jennings. I could almost pity you, knowing what MUST be in store for you now.'

From "Robservations 7/10/02 - #554/555 - Guess Who's a Vampire Now?"
Tom Jennings appears, startling Nicholas. I finished the wiring, the handyman says--was there anything else you wanted, Mr. Blair? No, says Nicholas, it's late, you'd better go. Tom wants to check out the cellar, see what else needs doing, but Nicholas assures him the cellar is in good condition. Tom wants to check the foundations and barges into the room Nicholas never had a chance to lock. He's surprised to see the coffin, which Nicholas says was there when he moved in.
Tom is surprised and rather grossed out, but Nicholas says it's empty and he's getting rid of it--it was probably left as a practical joke. Tom doesn't find it funny. He says he'd better be going, and leaves, quickly. Nicholas says, "Too bad you had to open that door, Jennings. I could almost pity you, knowing what must be in store for you now."
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is back to referencing the quote perfectly...

And I've mentioned this before, but this is one of my all-time favorite eps. I love how it all unfolds because there are so many great moments, and citing but a few: Barnabas' panic at the howling dogs, Tom Jennings being attacked in the woods, and Julia proclaiming that "Somewhere in our midst there is another vampire." All very gripping and signalling the show was taking a new and exciting turn...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 31, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »
And BTW, when it comes to today's quote, Burke isn't referring to his virginal virtues.  [ghost_nowink] [ghost_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 31, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »
Ah, the insidious Nicholas Blair at his most eeee-vil!

And here's the screen capture for anyone who missed it:

Though as evil as he is in that scene, I think he's even more eeee-vil in the scene is which he taunts an already distraught and confused Barnabas about having seen him behaving oddly in the woods while presenting it in a guise of concern for Barnabas. Love it!

It's Nicholas, who asks for Carolyn. She went to town, says Julia, and Nicholas observes how distressed she is. She tells him about Vicki's disappearance, and he expresses his concern and hope she's all right. That accounts for Barnabas' odd behavior in the woods, says Nicholas. He saw him running, and he had a strange expression on his face, distorted as though he were angry or frightened, and he seemed to be running from something--curious, most curious, says Nicholas, smiling, and Julia watches this scene intently.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 31, 2020, 10:12:47 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #209 (1967) - Mrs. Johnson - 'Oh, you MUST have meant the Collinsport cemetery. That's the regular town cemetery.'

From "#0208/0209: Abbreviated Robservations 10/17/01: Collins Family Jewels"
Mrs. Johnson enters the study to find Willie looking through Collins family history books.
He shmoozes her up and learns the location of the family mausoleum in Eagle Hill Cemetery.
[/spoiler]

We're back to the Robservations that barely have any detail, which is why there's no reference to the quote at all. So, it's probably needless to say that I found the quote completely by accident. Once again I was checking an ep for a "MUST" quote that turned out not to be in the ep it was indicated to be a part of. But I'd decided I wanted something with Mrs. Johnson so I just let her eps on the disc play and I was rewarded with finding the quote that I did.

But anyway, what actually happens in the part of the scene leading up to and a bit after the quote is that after mentioning that David got him into stories about the Collins family, Willie tells Mrs. Johnson about the one that Naomi Collins was supposedly buried with jewels that were given to her by a pirate. When he asks if she's heard that one, Mrs. J. says she's heard all the legends but she also says that she wouldn't know if it's true because she doesn't think about things that don't concern her (since when?!  [santa_grin]). She then adds that the dead should rest where they belong and adds that she's buried on Eagle's Hill. And after Willie questions that, Mrs. J. explains Eagle's Hill is a cemetery just outside of town. Willie asks if that's where all the Collinses are buried, but Mrs. J. explains that's the only Collins family buried there because the rest are in the regular Collins cemetery (funny how we never ever seem to have seen that cemetery). Curious, Mrs. J. wonders why Willie asked, to which he says that he thinks he passed it the other afternoon when he was out for a drive and adds that it's a couple of miles to the south. But Mrs. J. corrects him that it's five miles north. And after Willie says he guesses he was mistaken is when Mrs. J. delivers what's quoted and shortly adds that she doesn't want to talk about cemeteries and death because she doesn't like it. To that Willie says he's only interested in the old legends, like the one about Naomi and the pirate. And when Mrs. J. wonders what's so interesting about that, Willie says he just wonders if it's true, if the pirate did give her those jewels, if she did take them with her to her grave? And after Mrs. J. says she wouldn't know, then tells him to be sure to put away the books, and then leaves, Willie's mind is definitely racing with the possibilities.

Willie cleverly manipulated Mrs. Johnson to tell him the exact info he wanted to know. But then, once someone gets Mrs. Johnson talking, it's often quite easy to get her into imparting almost any sort of info in spite of herself...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 01, 2021, 12:06:33 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #76 (1966) - Burke - 'Well, I didn't give them away. I didn't sell them or lend them, therefore, they MUST have been stolen.'

From "#0075/0076: Robservations 07/13/01: No More Pretense"
Because you don't happen to agree with the jury, accuses Roger, you think you can come here and steal Collinwood! Not steal, says Burke, I've never stolen anything--not even five years out of a man's life. Are you insinuating that I stole five years from your life? asks Roger. I didn't give them away, says Burke--I didn't sell or lend them, therefore, they must have been stolen--by you--you should have served that time, not me. You have not one iota of proof for what you say! says Roger. I will have, says Burke, see, I don't put much faith in the old adage that murder will out--because I don't think it will out by itself, it has to be pried out with some sort of lever. And you think you have found that lever, says Roger. I think Bill Malloy found it, says Burke--and what he can find, I can. It is all dead, buried and forgotten, says Roger. Not forgotten, not for one minute, says Burke, not have I forgotten the reason I came to Collinsport!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote pretty much perfectly again...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 01, 2021, 02:22:00 AM »
Soon 2020 will be in all our rear view mirrors (thank heavens) and with the arrival of 2021 will come this slideshow's second sub-theme. We're calling it "31 Days Of Come, I Must Be Going - Stay, I Must Be Leaving". Quotes will of course feature "MUST" but also some form of "COME," "GO," "STAY," "LEAVE" or even combinations thereof. lt will become quite clear once Midnite's quotes start to play out...

I hope Midnite enjoys picking out quotes for this sub-theme as much as I did for "30 Days Of To Tell Or Not To Tell" back in June. And I hope you all enjoy it as well...  [santa_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 01, 2021, 03:08:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #95 (1966) - Vicki - 'He told me that he'd been killed by someone in Collinsport, and I MUST LEAVE Collinwood because I'm in danger.'

From "#0095/0096: Robservations 07/27/01: Roger or Burke?"
You saw a ghost? he asks--are you serious? I told you you'd think I'd lost my mind, says Vicki. I don't think that for a minute, he says, but I do think you'd better explain. How can I explain something that defies description, something that was unreal, something I KNOW couldn't exist? asks Vicki--I saw the ghost of Bill Malloy--he ran the cannery for Mrs. Stoddard--he was killed on Lookout Point, and he fell from the rocks. I know all about him, my dad told me, says Frank--this thing you saw, it looked like Malloy. It was Mr. Malloy, says Vicki, it even sang his favorite song, "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor"--and it spoke to me. It SPOKE to you? he asks. Yes, he told me he'd been killed by someone in Collinsport, and I must leave because I'm in danger, explains Vicki. Where did you see this whatever it was you saw? he asks. In a locked up room in the closed-off section of the house, she says--it appeared from no where.
[/spoiler]

And again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

(And apparently someone forgot that nowhere is one word. But then, that's not the first typo we've come across in the Robservations. And it sometimes happens to the best of us...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #156 (1967) - Liz - 'Inside the cottage, Laura. Laura, GO. Not David. Laura MUST GO.'

From "#0156/0157: Robservations 09/10/01: Liz in Serious Trouble"
2 AM - The clock beside Liz ticks. Walking up the stairs, I was walking up the stairs, she murmurs--the storm, lightning, I was walking through the storm, yes, walking--where?--the cottage--that's right--inside, Laura, inside the cottage! Laura! She sits up. Laura, go, not David, Laura must go!--threaten--don't threaten me!--inside the cottage--I remember now--Vicki, Roger, come quickly, I remember, inside Laura's cottage, that's where it was, inside Laura's cottage! She leaves her bed and puts on her robe, then spots a dark figure in front of the window, silhouetted in lightning. Roger? Vicki? asks Liz. Is that you, Carolyn? Who's there? The figure comes closer. Who is it? Answer me! Who's there? Who is it?
Answer me! Liz screams, covering her face. The figure disappears. Liz grabs onto the bedpost and clings to it, sinking down.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...