Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118494 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1725 on: October 02, 2023, 11:12:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #504 (1968) - Liz - 'But he MUST. But you've got to keep trying.'

From "Robservations 6/3/02 - Everyone Frets Over Carolyn - #503/504"
Liz tells Vicki that Carolyn is dead or soon will be. Vicki argues this, wishing she could be of more help. The phone rings and Liz races to answer it. It's the sheriff--they've got the kidnapper, but he apparently isn't talking about where he's hidden Carolyn. Liz relays all this to Vicki. They've been questioning the man, who was caught in front of the Old House, endlessly, but can't get a word out of him.

The Robservations doesn't references the quote at all. However, the quote comes up after Liz learns they have the kidnapper (we only get Liz' side of the conversation) but he hasn't said anything about Carolyn...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Well, then I MUST talk to him myself. Maybe he'll tell me something that he won't tell them') was back on September 24th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 03, 2023, 03:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #695 (1969) - Barnabas - 'Then he MUST of died just after he got to Europe.'

From "Robservations 10/18/02 - #694/695 - Roger Becomes a Believer"
Barnabas reveals what Chris said, about seeing a stranger staring at the house--a figure from another time. Quentin? she asks, explaining to Chris and Barnabas how she heard David say that name after he'd claimed to have fallen--he kept murmuring that name.
I found a Quentin Collins in the books I was looking through, says Barn, and shows Chris and Maggie a photo album to see if they can identify the man. Barnabas reads that Quentin was born 1870, date of death, unknown. Chris and Maggie locate the photo of Quentin and show it to Barnabas. It's captioned: "Quentin, just before he left for Paris." Chris and Maggie say he looks the same age as in the photo, so Barnabas figures he died shortly after going to Europe--why didn't we know this, and why is his spirit haunting Collinwood now--and why has he decided to possess the children? Why?? Quentin stares back at them from the photo, implacable.

The Robservations paraphrases but references the quote well...

Of course, we now know that Quentin never went anywhere near Europe just before he died - Joshua-Collins-Family-History-Fibbing-Syndrome, which apparently affects multiple generations, rears its head...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'There MUST be something you just don't think I can help you with. Something I can't know. And that makes it terribly difficult to understand you') was back on June 27th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 04, 2023, 08:10:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #734 (1897) - Tim - 'I MUST speak to him about Miss Drummond.'

From "Robservations 11/20/02 - #734-735 - Jamison Escapes the Closet; Worthington Burns"
Tim is knocking at the Old House door, asking for Barnabas.  He isn't in, says Magda.  I must wait, Tim says--when is he expected?  Come back tomorrow night, advises Magda.  Could he be at Collinwood? asks Tim, I must speak to him about Miss Drummond--I'm a friend of hers.  Magda lets him in.  He explains, we used to teach at the school together.  Magda says I know Trask sent you.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Gregory - 'One MUST NOT give in to these petty weaknesses') was back on February 11th of 2021, the second (Gregory - 'She MUST learn!') was back on March 17th of 2021, the third (Tim - 'She MUST have been very happy at Collinwood') was back on April 24th, and the fourth (Rachel - 'I think somewhere deep inside him, Timothy has just decided he MUST work and wait for his chance to escape. He won't betray me. Tell him, Magda') was back on May 24th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #42, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111. However, recall that there's an even bigger because Eps #66, #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 05, 2023, 05:20:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #507 (1968) - Prof Stokes - 'We MUST hope so. I am not fond of wasting time.'

From "Robservations 6/5/02 - #507/508 - Stokes Intervenes"
You're going to hear a knock at the door, says Stokes, but you won't be frightened-because I will be the person knocking--you will expect to see me in your dream, and you will--understood?--repeat it, orders Stokes, and Carolyn does. If for any reason I'm not, says Stokes, you will immediately awaken. Julia and Stokes lead the entranced Carolyn into Josette's bed, where she lies down. When he says the word, she will close her eyes and sleep, says Stokes.
Julia anxiously asks if it will work, and Stokes says they must hope so-he isn't fond of wasting time. Carolyn dreams. When the knock comes, she asks who it is, but there is no answer, so she glides over and finds Stokes.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly but does so well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'According to my calculations, only one more person MUST have the dream-- a woman-- and that woman may make it possible for Barnabas Collins never to have the dream') was back on October 17th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 06, 2023, 02:58:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #926 (1970) - Philip - 'Then he MUST have gotten out of here in another way.'

From "Robservations 5/6/03 - 926-927 - Michael Must Die!"
David and Philip go to Maggie's room.  The room looks exactly as it did last night, says David, when we were in here. Both you and Michael were in here? asks Philip. Yes, we were fooling around in here before Michael went home, reveals David. Michael never went home last night, says Philip. This shocks David. He obviously sneaked back here after you'd gone to bed, says Philip. But your room is just down the hall, notes Philip--if he'd tried to lure Maggie out into the corridor, you'd have heard them, right? Yes, says David.  Then she must have gotten out of here another way--how, David? I don't know, says David. Is there another way out of this room? asks Philip

Who knows why the Robservations has "she" rather than "he," but if it wasn't for that it would reference the quote well..

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Philip - 'You MUST not be protective about Michael now!) was back on April 27th of 2020, and the second (Megan - 'His is the only way. His cause MUST be served') was back on September 25th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 08, 2023, 12:12:08 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1014 (1970PT) - Cyrus - 'I can't possibly tell Quentin what I know, and I MUST forget what Yaeger knows.'

From "#1014/1015: Robservations 07/10/03: Hoffman Learns the Truth"
At Cyrus' lab, Quentin asks his doctor pal, answer just one question--am I losing my mind?  Don't be ridiculous, says Cyrus. Then why did I slash Maggie's portrait last night? asks Quentin Any number of things, says Cyrus--don't forget the strain you've been under lately. I may have been caught off-guard by meeting Barnabas Collins, says Quentin, but that's no reason to... Cyrus interrupts, asking about his meeting with Barnabas--the man we've been discussing in the empty room? No, says Quentin, he's a distant cousin descendant of the first Barnabas--just turned up the other evening--he's staying with the Loomises. Cyrus raises his eyebrows: "Oh?" Quentin wonders why the surprise.  Cyrus quickly says no reason, nothing. Quentin looks weary as hell. Cyrus asks about Will--no one knows what he's up to.  Cyrus realizes, I was Yaeger when I saw that coffin in the basement of Loomis House--I can't tell Quentin what I know, and he must forget what Yaeger knows. What is it? asks Quentin, irritated. I was just trying to analyze why you slashed Maggie's portrait, says Cyrus

If it weren't for one word, the Robservations would reference the quote perfectly..

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Is it true that you can reveal secrets that are hidden in the future? Everything that's happening MUST be leading to something. But what? Does the answer lie here?') was back on September 19th 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 08, 2023, 05:42:36 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #384 (1795) - Jeremiah - 'You MUSTN'T blame yourself, Josette. I begged you to come away with me.'

From "#0384/0385: Robservations 03/06/02: Family Blood is Spilled"
Josette is only too aware of how close Barnabas and Jeremiah were before she came into their lives. No, Jeremiah says, he begged her to elope, they shared some kind of madness--but not love. If she still loves Barnabas, she says, she won't even admit that to herself.

This is again a period where the Robservations have little detail but it does reference where the quote comes up...

And this quote sets another bigger again because it's the fifth time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow, joining Eps #66, #449, #727 & #993!! The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST have hated me all your life') was back on of July 4th of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'No, Josette-- you MUST stay out of this') was back on April 25th of 2021, the third (Josette - 'You MUST stop him, Papa!') was back on December 4th of 2021, the fourth (Josette - 'Jeremiah, if you MUST be punished, so MUST I') was back on April 24th of 2022, and the fifth (Jeremiah - 'You MUST believe that in all these years, I never lied to you until this. And that lie made me a stranger, even to myself') was back on March 15th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 09, 2023, 07:58:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #1094 (1970) - Liz - 'Oh there's a fascinating book you MUST read. It's in the study. I'll get it for you.'

From "#1093/1094: Robservations 09/05/03: A Song is Sung"
On the landing, Liz tells Shaw, I'm just as concerned about Maggie as you are--even more so, I think--but she's getting the best of care. I'm sure she is, says Shaw, but could you please just ask her if she could see me for just a moment?  I'm sure she will when she feels better, Liz assures him, and starts going downstairs, Shaw behind her. When Maggie is better, says Liz, I want you to do her horoscope--I've become quite a believer. I'm glad to hear that, says Shaw. I can't believe I ever discounted astrology, says Liz, oh there's a fascinating book you must read, it's in the study, I'll go get it for you. Carolyn exits the kitchen, listening, and joins Shaw. "Why don't you tell her the horoscope is false?" she asks--"Why don't you admit that it's all a lie?" His eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 11, 2023, 12:44:12 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #315 (1967) - Barnabas - 'That's why I MUST find him and question him. And then I'll know and do whatever is necessary.'

From "#1093/1094: Robservations 09/05/03: A Song is Sung"
Barnabas and Julia get into an argument over David's fate. She wants him to wait 15 minutes for an injection, but he is impatient to get to Collinwood to find out where they've been so he can conduct his own search for David. Julia does not want Barnabas to harm David, but he reminds her that she has as much to lose as he does. Barnabas is sure Sarah has told David about him.

The Robservations is from the period where there's little detail and so it doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it comes up over the course of why Barnabas insists he can't wait the 15 minutes because he has to find David to question him and in response to Julia's point that he doesn't even know if David knows anything about Barnabas secret...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Sarah - 'They MUST be very worried about you') was back on April 25th of 2022, the second (Barnabas - 'I MUST find David before anybody else does') was back on August 13th of 2022, and the third (Julia - 'Barnabas, I MUST insist that you stay here for the time being') was back on August 18th of 2022. So that all means that Ep #315 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 11, 2023, 02:06:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #191 (1967) - David - 'The phoenix lives in paradise, and every 100 years it decides it MUST go to a very special place, so the phoenix gathers up all the herbs, spices and flowers and flies to find a new place.'

From "#0190/0191: Robservations 10/03/01: Into the Fire"
the whole place will go up in a few minutes.
"That's right, Vicki," says Laura, "in just a few minutes." But you'll burn, too! cries Vicki. That's right, smiles Laura, I will, that's why I'm here, why David is here, the fire will consume everything and everyone. Vicki tries to open the boarded-up window, but without success. (This is where this episode annoyed me--why didn't Vicki toss something through the window? I would have, but she just keeps pounding ineffectually at the window, very wimpily, too.) Tell me the legend, Laura again bids her son. David says that the phoenix lives in paradise, and every 100 years, it decides it must go to a very special place, so the phoenix gathers up all the herbs, spices and flowers and goes to find a new place. Vicki screams, "Mrs. Collins, you can't do this!" and Laura triumphantly retorts that she isn't Mrs. Collins, she's Laura Murdoch. Vicki repeats it, and Laura says surely, she knew what to expect. But not this, protests Vicki, it's so horrible! Laura replies, nastily, it's the only way, you should know it by now, you and your doctor Guthrie

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I don't want to be without you. I MUST have you now!') was back on August 11th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 13, 2023, 06:28:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1148 (1840) - Daphne - 'You MUST beware of him, he hates you so.'

From "#1148/1149: Robservations 10/30/03: Rescue; A Sibling Horrorshow"
Collinwood drawing room - Quentin tells Daphne she hasn't looked at him since he came into the room--why?  There's so many reasons, she says.  Has Gabriel told you anything? asks Quentin.  Holding herself, she says you must beware of him, he hates you so.  He doesn't hate me, says Quentin, you just don't understand about Gabriel and me.  I don't understand very much, she says, I don't know what to believe here.  Yesterday, what I told you, he says, putting his hand on her arm, you can believe that.  Don't touch me, she says, moving away.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Laszlo - 'Well I, uh, I was looking for someone-- a servant. A grand house like this MUST have servants') was back on September 10th of 2020, and the second (Daphne - 'Yesterday was like a door opening for me, but today the door has closed, and it MUST remain closed.) was back on December 25th ([ChristmaS15]) of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 14, 2023, 12:00:10 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #44 (1966) - John Harris - 'I MUST talk to your mother about this.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
Burke started with nothing and built it up to a fortune, but he's not content--he wants more, because when you start with nothing, you'll always want more--I wish I could handle his bank account. I'm afraid you haven't a chance, says Carolyn--Burke seems to travel with his own banker--I met him today at lunch--a Mr. Blair. Blair? Asks John. Yes, from New York, says Carolyn. Are you sure? asks the banker, getting off the couch and standing in front of her. Sure about what? she asks. This man, says John, this banker from New York, his name is James Blair?
Yes, says Carolyn, James Blair. I must talk to your mother about this, says John. Wait a minute, says Carolyn, my mother's already bawled me out. This has nothing to do with your lunch date, honey, he says--I have to talk to her about James Blair. Oh, do you know him? asks Carolyn. Yes, I had no idea he was working with Burke Devlin, says John. Carolyn looks as disturbed as the banker.

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off. But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and can be called at any time'), was back on July 22nd of 2021, the second (Carolyn - 'But how did you know about it? Oh. I suppose Vicki MUST have told you') was back on June 28th, the third {John Harris - 'But I MUST point out to you that this trust fund that you've set up is going to cause you to have a slight bind, financially') was back on October 31st ([BOO]), and the fourth (Bill - 'I'll be going up there myself. I MUST see your mother') was back on March 1st.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #42, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111. However, recall that there's an even bigger because Eps #66, #384, #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 14, 2023, 02:42:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1245 (1841PT) - Julia - 'We MUST go and see Melanie now. If she's all right, the curse will be over.'

From "#1244/1245: Robservations 01/21/04: The End!"
Julia, says Flora, I should be looking for Morgan; perhaps I could talk to him.  We must check on Melanie, says Julia--if she's all right, the curse will be over.  I only hope she is, says Flora fervently.  They enter the tower room and look down on Melanie's placidly sleeping face.

The Robservations paraphrases the quote a bit but still references it well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Stokes - 'She MUST have been attacked by something-- some kind of wild animal') was back on September 11th of 2020, and the second (Catherine - 'I'll remember now that I MUST follow my heart, not my head. I'll never make that mistake again') was back on August 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 15, 2023, 06:10:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #777 (1897) - Pansy's Ghost - 'I MUST find him.'

From "Robservations #776-777 - 1/22/03 - Sad Demise"
my Pansy is a wonderful girl, he says, beautiful, refined, cultured--she's English, and just disappeared, he says unhappily.  He suggests they return to Collinwood.  Tim says he'll join him in a moment.  After Carl leaves, he picks up a scarf from the purple piece of furniture and suddenly hears Pansy' singing her song.  He listens.  The curtains blow in, and he's afraid.  Pansy's ghost appears before him.
Who are you? he asks, where did you come from?  You aren't the one I'm looking for, says Pansy--I have so little time, I must find him.  Barnabas? he asks.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 17, 2023, 03:00:16 PM »

Ep #644 (1968) - David - 'Maybe he can't. Maybe we MUST go to him.'

From "Robservations 9/12/02 - #643/644 - David, Amy and Quentin"
David and Amy hear the music coming from behind a paneled wall. David knows of no room behind there, but the music gets louder. Why is Quentin playing it? It might be a message that he's behind that wall, says David--perhaps we have to go to him. We can't go through a wall, protests Amy. David knocks on the wall, listening for hollow spots. The wall isn't solid, David explains.

Amy and David hear the music fading away. David muses that perhaps Quentin told them all he wanted them to know--that he's behind the wall. Why won't he appear to us? asks Amy (hey, this scene is a repeat of the one we just saw! A blooper). David tells Amy the wall is covering something up, and she wonders if Quentin is behind it. Something is, states David.

The Robservations  doesn't reference the entire quote, but at least it references when the quote comes up. Well, at least the first time it comes up. And the funny thing is when I got the screen capture I didn't even realize that the show repeated much of the same scene twice. I came across the second version and that's where I took the screen capture -

- not even realizing both David and Amy were onscreen -

- the first time around...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Amy - 'Quentin MUST be playing that music. He MUST be someplace nearby') was back on July 6th, and the second (Carolyn - 'It's Magda--she MUST want us to go someplace') was back on August 18th.