Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118302 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1155 on: April 18, 2022, 03:54:35 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1243 (1841PT) - Julia - 'Stop it, both of you. We've got a whole night to get through-- we MUST NOT fight.'

From "#1242/1243: Robservations 01/19/04: Morgan Collins' Revenge"
What about Melanie? asks Kendrick--don't you care about her?  I took her into consideration, Morgan assures him--the prophecy said she would remain insane until someone went into that room, and someone has.  I was the one picked to go into the room! shouts Kendrick.  It makes no difference who goes in, says Morgan--Brutus only wants a sacrificial lamb--a family member--and Bramwell is eminently more qualified than you.  I will hold you responsible if Melanie isn't well when the night is over! vows Kendrick.  Are you threatening me? demands Morgan.  No, promising you, says Kendrick.  How dare you, says Morgan, advancing on Kendrick.
Stop it, orders Julia, getting between and separating them--we have a whole night to get through, we must not fight.  Quite "wite," Julia, says Morgan there's no point in that.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And I have no idea why it says "wite" rather than "right" because it sounded like he said "right" to me...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'Bramwell, Bramwell, listen to me. Whatever you do, you MUST... you MUST NOT touch either of the corpses in that room') was back on November 12th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1128 (1840) - Gerard - 'Well, it's done...and you MUSTN'T regret what you've done.'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Speak to each of us separately, Quentin suggests.  Samantha thanks him, and says she'll speak to Gerard alone for a minute.  Quentin says he understands; he will be waiting in their bedroom upstairs.  He leaves, closing the door behind him.  Sam tells Gerard this has been the most painful and difficult decision she's ever had to make.  I'm quite aware of that fact, he says, I don't envy the choice you have to make.  She says she believes he knew from the beginning, didn't he?  Yes, he says reluctantly.  She says he knew, as she did--it was only a matter of facing up to the realities of the situation.
Well it's done and you mustn't regret what you've done, he says, assuming he is not the Chosen One--we've actually know each other for such a little time.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Samantha - 'I MUST be with the man I love') was back on November 11th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 19, 2022, 08:46:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1089 (1970) - David - 'Oh, about how, how cruel and mean they were. They MUST have been in order to have been buried there.'

From "#1089/1090: Robservations 09/03/03: Maggie, Attacked"
Cemetery - Gerard's grave. "In darkness he did live and die." David reads his epitaph aloud and wonders what it means. Hallie neither knows nor wants to--I want to get this over with and go home!  It isn't 12 yet--we must do it at the stroke of midnight, says David. What about the fenced-in area? asks Hallie.  He points to the gate, which has been locked more than 100 years--during the 18th and 19th centuries, he explains, they used to bury criminals and misfits here--most of the graves are unmarked, and there are a lot of legends about them. What sort of legends? she asks. (Sure, David, that's what she needs--to be terrified even more!) About how cruel and mean they were, says David--they must have been, in order to have been buried there--the story is that their souls had no place to go, they weren't wanted in heaven or hell, so they were left to molder in their graves and try to come back from death. Understandably, Hallie says she doesn't want to stay here anymore; it's almost 12.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 21, 2022, 01:54:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #995 (1970PT) - Trask - 'Well, Sir, she MUST be here somewhere. I'll go back upstairs and search further.'

The quote is delivered exactly the same at both the end of Ep #994 and the beginning of Ep #995 - however, only the summary for Ep #994 references it:

From "#0994/0995: Robservations 06/24/03: Dameon Edwards"
Trask comes down and reports to Quentin--Amy doesn't seem to be upstairs. I told you not to leave her alone! Quentin reminds him angrily. She must be here somewhere, says Trask, I'll go upstairs and search further.
[/spoiler]

However, i chose a screen capture from Ep #995 because it shows off Trask better than Ep #994 does.

The Robservations (for Ep #994) references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 21, 2022, 03:20:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #975 (1970) - Bruno - 'I have an enemy, a man who shouldn't be alive, but he is, because he's in love so his will to live is very strong. We've got to change that, you and I. We MUST destroy the person who keeps him alive!'

From "Robservations 6/10/03 - #974-975"
if you do your part--tomorrow night the moon will be full--You didn't expect me to forget what you become? Chris rises from the chair and takes a few steps--Bruno, he asks, what do you want from me?  I request the pleasure of your company for what remains of this fast-diminishing night, says Bruno--until dusk--we will spend the day together, and tomorrow night, when the moon rises...  "What are you going to do to me?" demands Chris. I have an enemy who shouldn't be alive any longer, says Bruno, but love is keeping his will to live strong--we must change that--we must destroy the person who keeps him alive!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit and leaves out other bits, but it does reference most of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Bruno - 'I can look at the moon and enjoy its beauty, but you, tonight, how desperate you MUST feel knowing that tomorrow it will be even more beautiful and more full') was back on January 18th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 22, 2022, 06:04:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #701 (1897) - Edith - 'Edward is the oldest, and because of that he's the one that I have to tell the secret to. He MUST come back soon. I MUST live to tell him the secret.'

From "Robservations 10/23/02 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching #700/701"
You do make me feel young, she says--the others make me feel like apiece of paper about to be blown away--you're getting what you deserve, she says, every one of you will, except Edward--he's the oldest and must be told the secret--he must return soon, and I must live to tell him the secret. Quentin begs her, wide-eyed, to tell him, leaning in close. No, she says--I think I hear him, someone is coming.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 23, 2022, 04:36:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #678 (1969) - Barnabas - 'He MUST live! He MUST! Not only for our sake, but for Amy's.'

From "Robservations 10/7/02 - #678/679 - Maggie Follows David Into Quentin's Lair"
Julia assures Barnabas that Chris is alive, but barely. They can't imagine what happened to him, and it surely isn't connected to his becoming a werewolf. Barnabas finds the empty whiskey bottle and sniffs it. There's something in it, he tells Julia (good nose!) She smells it--strychnine, she pronounces--I have to get some atropine, she says. Barn wants to take Chris to a hospital, but she asks if he thinks it's wise to involve the police. Barnabas agrees not. Julia will call Windcliff and have the necessary antidote sent ASAP. Barnabas kneels beside Chris and says, "I don't blame you. How often such a short time ago, I would sit in the Old House and doubt I'd have the strength to get through another night, and wonder if it wasn't best to die now." Chris begins to moan. He's coming to, says Barnabas. Julia reaches Windcliff. Barnabas says they must save him, not just for their sakes, but for Amy's.
[/spoiler]

While not referencing the quote in all it's actual words, the Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (David - 'You MUSTN'T hurt him') was back on May 6th of 2020, the second (Beth - 'You MUST NOT TELL him. You MUST NOT TELL him about me') was back on June 17th of 2020, the third (Beth - 'But Quentin had made up his mind that Chris MUST die. That Chris MUST die! That Chris MUST die!!') was back on December 7th of 2020, and the fourth (Barnabas - 'There's something I MUST do-- something which may prove most interesting') was back on February 12th of 2021.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #211 & #449.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 25, 2022, 12:28:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #608 (1968) - Angelique - 'Barnabas - wherever you are, Barnabas, I need you. You MUST come to me, Barnabas. You MUST.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
Angelique is horrified to see what Joe has done to himself. He lies on the floor, grunting in pain. She starts to remove the letter opener, but he insists he wants to die. So many rules, he moans, forgotten, broken, once I started I could never go back, never! Joe's hand is covered with his blood. Let me die! He begs Unsure of what to do, Angelique calls to Nicholas, then Joe, begging him to get up and out of here. (she is some piece of work, isn't she?) Joe is unresponsive. Panicked, she closes the doors and goes to the window, where she summons Barnabas. Come to me, she says, you must.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references about half of the quote, but it does make clear how/when it takes place...

And when I've watched this ep, I've always had a completely different interpretation of why Angelique says Nicholas' name. To me it comes across as her being petrified of what Nicholas might do if he finds out what's happening with Joe - not to mention that she knows Nicholas is with Maggie and there would be hell to pay if she interrupted that with a problem Nicholas would surely blame on her, so she wouldn't call for his help. That's why she closes the doors to the room to hide what's happening and then begs/summons Barnabas to come to her because she needs him.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST COME, Barnabas. You HAVE TO COME. I don't know what to do. You MUST COME to me now. Now. Now. Now. Now') was back on January 25th of 2021, and the second (Maggie - 'He's changed so much. But still these things MUST have been in him before') was back on August 14th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 25, 2022, 07:44:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #384 (1795) - Josette - 'Jeremiah, if you MUST be punished, so MUST I.'

From "#0384/0385: Robservations 03/06/02: Family Blood is Spilled"
Andre comes in and tells his son-in-law that Barnabas wishes to see him.  Jeremiah is reluctant, but Andre says he must--settle it without violence, perhaps, so the men can live without each other's friendship.  Jeremiah refuses to go, but Josette begs him to let their lives together be their punishment, not his death (how depressing is that)?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it's delivered as a prelude to Josette begging Jeremiah to let their lives together be their punishment...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST have hated me all your life') was back on of July 4th of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'No, Josette-- you MUST stay out of this') was back on April 25th of 2021, and the third (Josette - 'You MUST stop him, Papa!') was back on December 4th. So that all means that Ep #384 has joined the club with Eps #2, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #449, #550, #646, #678, #727 and #1057. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 27, 2022, 05:26:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #315 (1967) - Sarah - 'They MUST be very worried about you.'

From '#0315/0316: Robservations 01/15/02: "Hullo, David!"'
Sarah finally appears to David in the secret room. He's mad at her for leaving him there, and for not telling him how to get out.
He had to hide from Willie and Barnabas, who also know about this room, in the coffin. She explains the way to get out, but warns him that he still must keep quiet about the secret room.
[/spoiler]

Being that this Robservations falls into the period where there's very little detail, it doesn't reference the quote at all. However, the way it comes up is after David explains how he hid in the coffin from Barnabas and Willie, he admonishes Sarah for never telling him how to get out of the secret room. She apologizes. But he says he's the one who's going to sorry when his family gets him. And after that is when Sarah delivers the quote. David agrees and asks if she can get him out...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 28, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #176 (1967) - Laura - 'MUST you always be so cryptic?'

From "#0176/0177: Robservations 09/24/01: Let's Go Grave Robbing!"
You really do stump me, she says--I don't know how you can be so kind and complimentary one minute, and the next do everything you can to thwart me--after all, what am I?--only a woman who wants nothing more out of life than to get her son. Why are you so desperate to have him back? asks Peter. Oh, Dr. Guthrie, really, she says--even a parapsychologist should know enough about human psychology to realize that maternal instincts are the strongest in the world. IN the world, yes, he says. Must you always be so cryptic? she asks. Aren't you surprised to see me up and around? he asks. Why should I be? she asks. Isn't that why you came up here to the house? he asks. She blows out a plume of smoke. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, she says, you're getting too complicated for me. Complicated things are sometimes the most fascinating, he says, for instance, you.
[/spoiler]

And, oh the times when pregnant women (Laura wasn't, but Diana Millay was) thought nothing of smoking...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'You MUSTN'T count every single word I say) was back on August 4th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 29, 2022, 01:48:08 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

YES!!! Another quote involving THE PEN!!!!

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #105 (1966) - Roger - 'There MUST be thousands of pens like that!'

From "#0105/0106: Robservations 08/03/01: Caught Pen in Hand!"
Is this the pen you're talking about? asks Burke. Where did you get it, says Roger, looking pale. I don't think that matters, says Burke. Is that the pen you lost? asks Liz. It couldn't be, insists Roger. (Because you buried it.) Why? asks Burke. I mean, it certainly resembles it, fumbles Roger, no I don't think it could be the same pen--I didn't look at it that closely, I certainly couldn't remember every single detail of a pen. Why not? asks Burke, you had plenty of time to look at it when you took it from Carolyn--when you STOLE it from Vicki. Roger asks to see it, and Burke hands it to him--no, I don't think this is the pen at all, says Roger, it's true, the resemblance was merely superficial. May I have the pen back, please? asks Burke, taking it back--I'm sure Carolyn's memory will be better than yours, I know Vicki's will. Liz, who has been staring at her brother all this time, insists that they won't disturb either girl now. That won't be necessary, agrees Patterson, but I'd appreciate it if both of them would come to my office first thing tomorrow, I'd like to see if they can make a positive identification. What good would that do? demands Roger--there must be thousands of pens like that! Not in this country, says Burke, this is the only one of its kind. Would you see to it that your daughter and Miss Winters come down to my office first thing tomorrow? Patterson asks Liz. Of course, she promises.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 01, 2022, 01:26:26 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #733 (1897) - Magda - 'You MUST be brave. You MUST be brave, or you are going to die.'

From "Robservations 11/19/02 - #732-733 - Ang & Barn's Bargain; Three For Worthington Hall"
I have no family, no one to help me, says Rachel--Tim is marrying Charity, and Barnabas is marrying Angelique.  Magda looks at Rachel's palm.  Oh, no! she says--when I read it before, I told you you had an enemy--the enemy is still here, but closer, like a shadow of death behind you--you must go, fast, says Magda, I have an idea, but you must be brave, or you will die.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote perfectly...

And Magda doesn't say "you must go, fast," what she actually says is "you've got to go, you have to go, fast."

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Minerva - 'The innocent MUST suffer. Providence sometimes tests them. Sometimes by putting them in jail, or even putting them on a gallows) was back on October 3rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2022, 05:44:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #609 (1968) - Eve - 'We MUST be very clever. Nicholas cannot find us, ever.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
I have marvelous news, says Adam, my surprise is going to happen. She's ecstatic to learn they're leaving the house. She asks about Nicholas, but Adam says he won't know. Do you have a plan? asks Eve, excited--do you have money? Is the trip all arranged? She's touching him, telling him they must be very clever and avoid Nicholas finding them, ever.
[/spoiler]

While not presenting it directly, the Robservations does reference the quote well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Adam - 'Nicholas MUST know nothing about this--nothing!') was back on April 19th of 2020, the second (Eve - 'Adam, you MUST stop calling me. I hate it. I'm not your servant') was back on May 31st, and the third (Carolyn - 'They MUSTN'T be caught getting into the house) was back on June 16th. So that all means that Ep #609 has joined the club with Eps #2, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #550, #646, #678, #727 and #1057. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 02, 2022, 06:10:06 PM »

Ep #310 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Yes, Willie, we MUST.'

From "#0309/0310: Robservations 01/10/02: Sad Big Brother"
Barnabas insists to Willie that Sarah wouldn't betray him, and wants to go to Sarah's grave to see if she can sense his need for him, and thus appear to him.
[/spoiler]

Because this ep falls into the period where the Robservations lack detail, it doesn't reference the quote at all. However, back in Reply #859 I had already summarized much of the scene during which the quote takes place:
But the circumstances surrounding the quote begin with Willie turning in Barnabas' direction and remarking that he hasn't said anything for a long time. Barnabas then does indeed insist that Sarah wouldn't betray him she couldn't. And after pausing, Barnabas delivers the quote (Barnabas - 'It's dark now. Come, we MUST go out') as he walks toward Willie, who is still lighting the candelabra. Willie asks with surprise, "Out? Where?" Barnabas says to search for her, to find her. Willie wonders if Barnabas might know where she is? Barnabas replies her knows a logical place to find her. And after Willie asks where, Barnabas says her final resting place, her grave. Willie then says, "The Collins Tomb," with a touch of fright, to which Barnabas replies, "Yes." As Willie helps Barnabas put on his cape, he points out that they've looked there before but she wasn't there. Barnabas hopes, "Perhaps tonight she will sense my need for her and come to me."
After that Willie asks if they have to go there tonight, to which Barnabas replies with the quote. And after adding, "Come," Barnabas makes his way to the door to leave. Willie follows behind, grabbing his jacket from the coat rack as he passes by and as Barnabas opens the door. They exit...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'It's dark now. Come, we MUST go out') was back on July 28th.