Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118430 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1125 on: March 20, 2022, 08:16:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1031 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'The fact is she got there so she MUST have some way of getting there.'

From "#1030/1031: Robservations 07/22/03: Papa's Revelation"
Collinwood, drawing room - Barnabas has just read the note Yaeger forced Maggie to write. Are you convinced now she left of her own free will? asks Quentin, taking back the note. No, insists Barnabas. Here's the letter, insists Quentin--she wrote it herself.  Isn't it possible, poses Barnabas, that someone could have forced her to write it? Why do you keep insisting, asks Quentin, irritated, despite there being no evidence, that Maggie was kidnapped?  Because, says Barnabas, I don't believe she wanted to leave you!  And who's the better judge of that, you or I? demands Quentin. Patiently, Barnabas says, I firmly believe something's happened to Maggie, and she might be in great danger. You keep saying that, but you don't have a reason for it, says Quentin. How did Maggie leave? asks Barn--is one of the cars missing? This letter, says Quentin, was mailed from Collinsport, so she must have got there, which means she did get there somehow, and she didn't walk, so she must have some way of getting there.
It's possible someone was taking her, but not to the place she wanted to go, says Barnabas. Why do you keep insisting that? demands Quentin--who would have done a thing like that to Maggie.
[/spoiler]

While the Robservations doesn't reference the quote in its entirety, it does reference it quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelexis - 'He's the only one, Julia, who can ruin all our plans. Barnabas Collins MUST be destroyed') was back on March 9th.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 20, 2022, 08:46:26 PM »
I suppose that it never occurred to Barnabas that Maggie might have called a taxi. [cold-weather] [cold-weather] [cold-weather]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 20, 2022, 10:12:24 PM »
 [pointing-up]  That would have been much too logical for Barnabas' mind.  [snow_wink]

Though to be fair, I think at this point in the storyline Barnabas strongly suspects Angelexis is at least partly behind things and he can't come out and tell Quentin that. But still, one would think he could have come up with better arguments that Maggie didn't leave on her own.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 22, 2022, 12:34:04 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1143 (1840) - Angerie - 'No, Julia. You will not go now. I know what Barnabas wants you to do. But you MUSTN'T go now because you're tired. So very tired.'

From "#1142/1143: Robservations 10/27/03: Julia in Jeopardy--Bigtime!"
Valerie, sitting by the fire in the Old House, holds up a clay doll--Julia, she says, you will not go now--I know what Barnabas wants you to do--but you mustn't go now, because you're tired, so very tired--you'll sleep--sleep, Julia--she rubs one of Julia's handkerchiefs (conspicuously marked with a J) over the doll's body.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

And, of course, Angerie = Angelique using the alias Valerie...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 22, 2022, 04:22:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1240 (1841PT) - Flora - 'It's almost as if the Ghost of Brutus waited for that moment of happiness and then deliberately struck again. What a cruel and evil man he MUST have been.'

From "#1240/1241: Robservations 01/16/04: Morgan Learns the Truth"
What's happened? asks Morgan.  It's Melanie, explains Julia--Kendrick and I had to lock her in the tower room.  She's had another attack? asks Flora.  Yes, only this one may be permanent, says Julia--she tried to kill Kendrick with a knife, we got it away from her.  Why do you say this might be permanent? asks Flora.  After we took her up to the tower room, we went back downstairs--we thought it just another attack--then Kendrick and I saw the ghost of Brutus Collins
--he was laughing at us, then he spoke, and he said Melanie would never be sane until another Collins goes into the locked room.  All of them express dismay.  We have no choice, we must do it! cries Julia.  We must do this, for Melanie's sake, agrees Morgan.  Poor Melanie, laments Flora, she was married only last night--it's almost as if the ghost of Brutus waited for that moment of happiness, then deliberately struck her down--what a cruel and evil man he must have been.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And, yes, all those uses of "must" (and even more) really do appear in the scene, so some may certainly pop up in the slideshow in the future...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 24, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #116 (1966) - Matthew - 'I left. I took my car and drove. I MUSTA drove over a hundred miles.'

From "#0115/0116: Robservations 08/09/01: Prisoner of a Madman"
Vicki gazes around the damp brick room into which Matthew has brought her. What is this? she asks. A secret room, he says, nobody knows about it but me--not even Mz. Stoddard--they'll never find me here, nor you either. How long have you been here? asks Vicki. Since the night I ran away, he says, the night you came to my cottage. Vicki gulps--the night you tried to kill me, she says. That night, says Matthew. Then you never left Collinwood, she says. I left, he says, I took my car and drove, I musta drove over a hundred miles. Why did you come back? she asks. I couldn't think of anyplace else to go, he says, besides, this is the last place in the world they'll come lookin' for me.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'You MUST be insane') was back on August 29th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 24, 2022, 09:38:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #208 (1967) - Jason - 'But I'm afraid I MUST insist.'

From "#0208/0209: Abbreviated Robservations 10/17/01: Collins Family Jewels"
Liz has heard about the fight between Burke and Willie at the Blue Whale, and orders Jason to get him out of not just Collinwood, but Collinsport. Aha, but you can't send the boy away without funds, so Jason puts the screws to Liz once again and, after verbally sparring with him in their usual Blackmail Threat of the Day, gets her to agree to give Willie $500 to get him out of Collinsport.
[/spoiler]

Once again with this ep, the Robservations references the situation but not the actual quote. But the way the quote comes up has already been explained in Reply #1058
After Liz asks for the pin and receives it, she asks if he heard what she said about the money? Jason indicates he did but insists. "Insist all you like, the answer is no!" Jason questions why she says that because she knows she's going to give him the money but Liz declares she's not and that's final.
though in that explanation I deliberately didn't include that Jason said, "I'm afraid I MUST insist," because I figured that line would come up in the slideshow at some point, as indeed now it has...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Jason - 'Willie, if you MUST steal something, steal something that won't be missed') was back on November 22nd, the second (Liz - 'He MUST leave Collinwood as soon as possible!') was back on December 17th, and the third (Liz - 'You seem to forget that man is a threat to my family-- a violent man with no control. It's come to a point when I MUST stop thinking of myself') was back on January 23rd. So that all means that Ep #208 has joined an exclusive club with Eps #2, #212, #296, #365, #449, #550, #646, #678, #727 and #1057. However, recall that Ep #211 has five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 26, 2022, 10:26:56 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #662 (1796) - Barnabas - 'I know, and now I MUST go to the village to finish what I started to do.'

From "Robservations 9/25/02 - #662/663 - Barnabas & Yet Another 18th Century Doxy"
Barnabas notices that Peter and Vicki's gravestones are gone, so he realizes he has been successful in returning to the past. Ben comes over to him--I thought you had gone into town to find Forbes, he says. Barnabas remarks, "I have returned on the right night," a statement which Ben finds confusing. Barnabas knows--now I must go to the village to finish what I started. Ben asks Barnabas if he feels all right. I'm going to do something no one else ever has, says Barnabas--change the course of history!
Ben is further puzzled at this statement--I don't understand a word you're saying.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #505 (1968) - Carolyn - 'You can't keep me here. The police MUST be out looking for me by this time.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
She hears Adam's chain outside. He moves the rock, opens the door and looks around. Carolyn, hiding behind a wall, tries to crawl quietly out, but he sees and grabs her, toppling her to the ground. He grabs her hair, and she cries that he's hurting her. She begs him to let her go--he's hurting her! "Hurting" repeats Adam, "No hurting, no!" He lets go of her hair. She cries that she wants to go home and begs him. He repeats home, and she screams that he has to stop repeating what she says. He covers her mouth and drags her back into the root cellar, closing the door. He tries to calm her down. She tells him he can't keep her here. The police are looking for her. Doesn't he understand? They'll find them here, arrest him, take him to jail. You don't want to go there, do you? she asks, then realizes he doesn't understand her.
[/spoiler]

Even though it doesn't reference the quote perfectly, the Robservations does reference it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sheriff Patterson - 'There MUST be some reason why Willie Loomis knows the man's name. There MUST be some reason why he knows your name') was back on December 5th

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 29, 2022, 12:14:57 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #712 (1897) - Angelique - 'I really MUST. I make a habit of keeping my word.'

From "Robservations 11/4/02 - #712/713 - Angelique Toys With Barnabas"
Angelique asks if he always enters rooms without knocking, and he tells her it's part of his job.
He's overseer of the estate. He saw a light, and the cottage isn't supposed to be occupied. Does the family know she's there? Not all the family, she says, and he wants to know who does know--it's part of his job to keep strangers off the estate. She gets into his face and assures him she isn't a stranger. He says she is until he finds out who brought her there. She tells him Quentin asked her to meet him here. "I might have known," says Dirk, annoyance in his voice. No other member of the family would arrange a "meeting" here. He knows Quentin too well, and she asks about him. She's better off not knowing, he insists, by her or any other woman. He ruins everything he touches. She asks Dirk if he isn't taking a chance talking this way in front of her. How does he know she won't tell. Dirk says she can tell him anything he'd like--nothing would please him more. Oh, I see, says Ang. Dirk doesn't think she'll tell. She says he doesn't know her or her life, but he thinks she's very nice, and he advises her to leave this place and never come back. She's flattered and appreciates his concern, but she's going to stay--she must. She's a big girl, he says, and knows what she's doing.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote, but enough to know when it takes place...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 29, 2022, 06:00:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #251 (1967) - Barnabas - 'But we MUST be realistic. If she were still alive, the police would have found her by now.'

From "#0251/0252: Robservations 11/17/01: And Then Came Buzz"
It's Vicki, who explains that there's a curfew in town now, due to the attacks and Maggie's disappearance. He asks about poor Miss Evans in the past tense, which upsets Vicki. She might not be dead, Vicki says--but then again, she might, says Barnabas. "Unless she's being held by a madman," counters Vicki (zing, Barnabas!)
[/spoiler]

Again we're in the period in which the Robservations aren't that detailed so the quote isn't directly referenced. However, there is enough of an indication to discern how/when the quote comes up...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'She tried to betray me. She tried to destroy me. She MUST die') was back on January 27th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 30, 2022, 03:34:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #506 (1968) - Liz - 'Now lock your door after I go out. You MUST get some sleep.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
Carolyn calms down and tells Liz Willie broke into her room; she doesn't know why. Liz locks the window, assuring her he wouldn't get another chance--she's telling Barnabas to send Willie back to Windcliff. He told me he didn't mean any harm, explains Carolyn, he wanted to talk to me--he must be crazy, he kept jabbering about a dream he had and had to tell me about it. He's having hallucinations, says Liz, he told her about some dream, too, at the Old House. Carolyn thinks what scared her the most was the way he spoke of the dream-it must be the most terrifying thing that's ever happened to him--he acted like he had no peace of mind until he talked about the dream. He said Carolyn was the one he had to tell the dream to, which puzzles both women. He took a huge risk, breaking into my room, says Carolyn, yet he did it anyway-why? Willie's mental state, guesses Liz, but Carolyn said he didn't act deranged, just terribly frightened. Carolyn thinks Willie really did have this dream and for some reason, she is the only person he could tell about it.
Liz doesn't believe this, and tells Carolyn to go to sleep. No, says Carolyn, she's afraid. No one can get in, Liz assures her. But it's the dream that is scaring Carolyn-if she goes to sleep now, she'll have the dream Willie was telling her, and if she does, she's afraid she'll die!
[/spoiler]

For some reason the Robservations only partly references the quote. However, as with the previous quote, there is enough of an indication to discern how/when the quote comes up...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 01, 2022, 01:44:26 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #711 (1897) - Evan - 'I don't know, but we MUST try before the situation becomes worse than it is.'

From "Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party"
Quentin suggests they imagined Angelique. I didn't imagine being helpless and speechless, says Evan. If she sees something, says Quentin--how did she know about my women? "Perhaps just by looking at you," says Evan sarcastically--or perhaps she knows more about all of them than she's telling. Yet we know nothing about her, says Quentin. Evan suggests they fight Barnabas without her--send her back to the dark hell she came from!--we must try, before things get worse. Quentin says there's no way to send her back, and they know it, not for them, not against her--whatever reason she's come here, wherever she is right now, our Angelique, our ally, our beautiful black-hearted child of the angels, is planning to stay. Angelique's laughter fills the cottage and both men stand, staring around them, scared as hell.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references a portion of the quote, and what it does reference it paraphrases - but what it does reference it references well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Rachel - 'The original Barnabas Collins MUST have been distraught when... when Josette died') was back on September 7th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 01, 2022, 07:02:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #463 (1968) - Barnabas - 'The witch MUST be burned!'

From "#0463/0464: Robservations 04/30/02: Julia's Ultimatum"
At the Old House, Carolyn tells Barn she can't stay long, and he's annoyed--she promised to help him. Now he needs her. . .it never worked with Vicki, he says, and he doesn't know why. Maybe he does know--the picture told him. There's a spell working on him, using Vicki to fight him. Carolyn is confused. Barnabas can't explain, he knows she's anxious to go on her date. She assures him she'll do anything for him--she came here, didn't she? Yes, says Barnabas, pleased, grateful. They must do something for Vicki immediately--the witch must be burned, says Barn. What witch? asks Carolyn, and he tells her the woman in the picture is the witch. She giggles, and he isn't happy. A picture can't fight you, chuckles Carolyn--a witch can't be bought in an antique shop. He'll deal with that himself, tonight, he says.
[/spoiler]

For the first time in a while, the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

I love the expression on Barnabas' face as he delivers the quote:

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Vicki, look at the stone. Look at the date on it. You MUST realize that whatever happened a week ago had nothing to do with this') was back on November 17th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 02, 2022, 12:10:06 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #716 (1897) - Judith - 'Are you here? You MUST be.'

From "Robservations - #716/717 -11/6/02 - Jenny and Her Babies"
Judith figures the mysterious woman might have returned to her home, so she walks the corridor outside the tower room and goes in. "You are in this room, aren't you?" she asks. The door slams shut.
[/spoiler]

Having the Robservations reference the quote perfectly again was very short lived because obviously this one doesn't reference the quote at all. However, Judith delivers it as she makes her way down the corridor to the door to the tower room...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Judith - 'Nora, you and Jamison MUST forget your mother. You MUST') was back on January 26th.