Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118420 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1695 on: September 06, 2023, 12:46:10 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #247 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUST continually keep an eye out for that young David.'

From "#0247/0248: Robservations 11/15/01: Maggie Makes An Escape"
At the Old House, Willie tells Barnabas he's been having problems keeping Josette in her room, and Barnabas asks Willie to bring her to him.

This Robservations is during the period where there's little detail and so the quote isn't even referenced. But at the start of the above scene, before Willie brings up "Josette," Barnabas issues his warning about David as Willie lights the candles...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sam - 'My pipe, I MUST have left it in here. I know I had it when I came in') was back on July 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 06, 2023, 12:50:06 AM »
As a preview of coming attractions, thanks to Midnite picking today's quote from Ep #500, I discovered that there's an edit on the DVD version of that ep. And like how I learned that for Ep #582 the Sci-Fi version has some of the missing bits but the syndicated version has even more because it's completely unedited, the same holds true for Ep #500. And once again I'll be sharing videos of how the edit or lack thereof plays with each version...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 06, 2023, 05:30:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #393 (1795) - Josette - 'I did. It woke me so it MUST be true.'

From "#0393/0394: Robservations 03/12/02: Jeremiah Plays Hide 'n' Go Seek"
Josette and Naomi burst in and tell the two skeptical men about seeing the hand thrusting through the earth of Jeremiah's grave. Joshua is sure Naomi's been dipping too heavily into the sherry again and Andre figures Josette's at the end of her rope, emotionally, and encourages her to go to bed. He goes with her because she's afraid to be alone--Jeremiah is going to come looking for her!

This Robservations is during the period where there's little detail and so the quote isn't even referenced. However, before the hand thrusting through the earth is even brought up, Josette says she heard a voice, telling her Jeremiah was alive - and after Andre says she couldn't have heard it is when she insists she did by delivering the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Countess du Pres - 'Clearly, we MUST find Miss Winters. Whether we like it or not, there is a reason that she's disappeared') was back on June 7th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 07, 2023, 06:36:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #500 (1968) - Sam - 'You MUST have known.'

From "Robservations 5/29/02 #499/500 - Sam Caught in the Middle"
Barnabas wants Julia to stay, and a furious Sam accuses her of being "in on this" with Barn. I'm not in on anything, insists Julia. Sam says she can stay, then explains to Barnabas that he followed his instructions; he describes what happened. Julia listens carefully as Sam tells of aging Angelique's portrait--all ordered and paid for. A woman came in, the woman in the portrait--she said it was stolen. Barnabas insists he had permission from the owner. Sam refused to give it to her. When he went back to paint, the woman told him he'd never finish it. He picked up his brush and found he couldn't see! Barnabas exhibits fear, knowing what has happened, feeling extremely guilty that he has brought this on Sam, who demands to know what Barnabas involved him in.
Barnabas says he had no idea there would be any danger.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However, it comes up after Barnabas says he had no idea there would be any danger. And Barnabas may feel bad in the aftermath, but that's too little too late. Despite the fact that he knows full well what Angelique is capable of, of course he had no idea he would be putting Sam in danger - first and foremost Barnabas thinks of himself - he doesn't think ahead to how the repercussions of he wants might affect others - just so long as he's going to potentially get what he wants out of his schemes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 07, 2023, 10:06:16 PM »
As I said the other day, when I was getting the screen capture for Ep #500's quote I discovered another edit on the DVDs. It occurs in the scene just before the one that includes the quoted line. As the scene was playing I noticed what definitely looked like an edit had been made to the scene. Of course, that didn't necessarily mean that it was an edit specific to the DVDs because as we know on rare occasions the Master Tape for an ep was edited if, for example, the ep ran long. So I pulled out my syndication copy of the ep and lo and behold there was indeed more. And something that's different from the situation with Ep #582, the Sc-Fi Channel's version of the ep does include footage that isn't on the DVD, but it's also missing footage that is on the DVD. So, with all that in mind, first up here's a clip from the DVD of the edit in question -

- and note that Maggie's line that her father has gone blind is in that version - however, note that it doesn't appear in the version shown on the Sci-Fi Channel -

- though note that what it does include that the DVD doesn't is Julia saying, "We'll go with you, both of us." - but those bits from Maggie and Julia are only a part of what should be in the scene, as you'll see when you watch the following clip made from my tape of the syndication version of the ep -

Interestingly enough, the Robservations summary of that scene from Ep #500 makes reference to both Sam having gone blind and that both Julia and Barnabas will go -

From "Robservations 5/29/02 #499/500 - Sam Caught in the Middle"
Julia sits upstairs at the Old House, reading a book. She answers Maggie's knock at the door. The young woman relates what happened to Sam--he wants to see Barnabas, but he needs Julia more--he's gone blind. Julia rushes off to get Barnabas--they'll both go.

- and again that's because I recall Robin saying that she was using the MPI VHS tapes to do her summaries. So that means that anyone who's kept their copy of Volume 54/#3 has the complete version of Ep #500 that seemingly no fans who only own disc 1 of Collection 8 of the DVDs do have. Or, of course, if you're like me, you kept your syndication tapes. Though that won't save me in all instances if there are edits on the DVDs for any of the eps between Eps #210 and #338 because I didn't start recording and keeping my syndication tapes until I recorded Ep #339 in syndication...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 08, 2023, 06:30:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #645 (1968) - David - 'Oh, I just showed Amy one of my secret hiding places. If you really MUST know, I'll tell you. But then it...'

From 'Robservations 9/13/02 #645/646 - The Kids "Play" With Roger'
Liz turns to David and tells him, we've been worried to death about you two. Barnabas asks where they disappeared to. Liz wants to know, too. Amy walks over to David and says, "And YOU said they wouldn't miss us!" We went out for a walk, lies David. We've been searching for you for two hours! Says Liz--where have you been?--did you get into trouble? No, says Amy--is it all right to tell them, David? David protests. You don't want me to tell because you'll feel embarrassed, says Amy--boys are like that, whenever they do something they should be proud of, it always makes them embarrassed when anybody talks about it. Amy explains that it started early this morning--she had a terrible dream, and woke up crying, ran to David's room.
She told him she was afraid of this big house, it makes her feel small and lost. David took her outside to an open field to watch the sun come up, so warm and peaceful and quiet, and when she looked at the house again, she felt good inside and knew she'd never again be frightened. This made-up tale impresses a grinning Liz, who can't possibly be angry at such tripe. Amy asks her not to be angry. We were frightened, says Liz. Amy chides David for not thinking of everyone else; he apologizes, sincerely, to his aunt.  Liz, proud of his obvious feeling for Amy, says they're safe, and it's all right. Barnabas, puzzled, asks, "If the two of you were out in the open field for such a long time, it's odd no one found you." Amy says, we weren't there all the time, and I have to keep where we went David's secret. David admits they went to one of his secret hiding places, and if they really must know, he'll tell. Liz says he doesn't have to do that, but insists David give his word that it will never happen again.

The Robservations references the quote well.
Amy is becoming as good a BS artist as David!!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 09, 2023, 03:46:52 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #744 (1897) - Barnabas - 'As soon as he can. And you MUST be ready for him.'

From "Robservations 12/18/02 - #744-745 - Barnabas & Jenny"
Barnabas easily disarms Jenny, taking the knife away from her.  She cowers against one of the columns, fearing he will kill her now.  He assures her he won't do that, takes the knife and tosses it into the fireplace.  "No more knife," he assures her.  Quentin is going  to hurt me, says Jenny.  No he won't, says Barnabas.  Why is he coming here? she asks.  He kneels and tells her, "You know why--because he's in love with you--there were other girls, but he married you."  Yes, she says joyously, in a church (imagine Quentin taking vows in a church!)--when is he coming back?  As soon as he can, says Barnabas--you must be ready for him.  I don't understand, she says.  Wash your face, comb your hair, put on a pretty dress, to show Quentin how beautiful you are, urges Barnabas.  Yes, I'd like that, she agrees.  Barnabas leads her upstairs.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Jenny, I MUST go now, but I want you to stay in this room') was back on January 31st of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 10, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #906 (1969) - Paul - 'They MUST be very anxious to get rid of me.'

From "Robservations 4/23/03 - #905/906 - The Obnoxious Alex; Is Grant Really Quentin?"
Someone knocks--Carolyn. Thank God you're here, he says. She asks, what's wrong--Megan said you were terribly upset when you left the shop. Please, he begs, listen carefully because there isn't much time--there must be some way to get out of here. There is a way, she says, and holds up a check--it can take us anywhere we want to go.
Seeing it's for five grand, Paul remarks, they must be very anxious to get rid of me. Oh, yes, she agrees. So typical of the Collinses, he says--want just a little extra for their money, to prove I came back for that money and nothing else. Carolyn gazes at him hopefully. Again, Paul hears Alex chanting his birthday song in his mind, over and over. Paul is nervous. The check could make all the difference, he admits, but if I take it, it will ruin you and me, and I don't want that. He tears up the check. Carolyn falls into his embrace.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 11, 2023, 09:54:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Satutrday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1001 (1970PT) - Angelique - 'My dear Alexis, you are always so right. Someone MUST be destroyed. But it won't be me. It will be you.'

From "#1000/1001: Robservations 06/27/03: Switched at Death"

Once again a Robservations doesn't summarize the teaser. It's a replaying of the ending scene of Ep #1000. So, here's the summary of that scene:

From "#1000/1001: Robservations 06/27/03: Switched at Death"
Alexis enters the tomb (they play some really scary music here) and opens her sister's coffin. She looks down at the seemingly slumbering visage of Angelique and wonders, what was your secret?  She touches her arm--why do you still look as you did in life?--I only know that it is wrong--it goes against the natural order of things--I don't want to do what I have to do now--Quentin and Cyrus are right--your body must be destroyed.
The woman in the coffin opens her eyes and, with a slight smile, says, "My dear Alexis, you are always so right--someone must be destroyed--but it won't be me--it will be YOU."

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST face it, you MUST accept it') was back on August 22nd of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 12, 2023, 03:10:06 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I do have to say that when I saw that Midnite had picked the above quote, I was thrilled because it's not only one of my favorite moments from the entire series, but it's from what it easily one of my Top 5 favorite scenes. It wasn't always easy for DS to completely shock its audience, but that's definitely a time that the show accomplished it.  [thumb]

And in honor of that quote being picked, I've pulled out an audio tape that I discovered while working on my  NoDS audio tape. Among other things, this other tape has a few incomplete audio recordings of a 60 second ad ABC ran to promote the 1970PT storyline. It's probably my second favorite promo ad behind the '66 one that features Vicki running across Collinwood's lawn - the one that was finally released on the Master of DS DVD/Blu-ray - but the 1970PT ad has never been released. So, for those who may have never seen it or have simply forgotten about it, here's a transcription of what the ad was like (you may recall that back in the day I kept a folder transcribing every DS ad I ever came across, many of which I've shared here on the forum).

Barnabas is in the mysterious East Wing room at Collinwood and he is holding the book The Life And Death Of Barnabas Collins.
Julia: Barnabas, please, I must talk to you.
Barnabas: Julia, go back!
Suddenly the room has changed into Angelique's room.

Will is in the basement of Loomis House.
Will: You're going to be my prisoner. My hope, my salvation. Yes, my salvation.
Then he turns around and closes the lid of the coffin.

Alexis is playing "Ode To Angelique" on the piano in Angelique's room, unaware that Quentin is behind her.
Then Quentin is sitting beside her on the piano bench. She looks at him as he puts his hang on her chin.
Quentin: I understand.
He kisses her.

In the drawing room at Collinwood during a seance.
Sabrina: Murder! ::sigh:: ::sigh::
Alexis starts to faint and her head falls to the table.

In the mausoleum Alexis is looking down toward Angelique's coffin.
Alexis: Your body must be destroyed.
Suddenly Angelique's eye lashes flutter, she opens her eyes, and she turn to look toward Alexis.
Angelique: Someone must be destroyed. But it won't be me. It will be you.

"Dark Shadows" is written on the waves.
Announcer: Watch Dark Shadows this afternoon at four, three o'clock Central Time on ABC.

So, you may be asking yourself why did he mention the audio tape but share the transcription? Well, sharing the transcription is a way to set things up to share audio of the ad to better picture what the ad is like. Now here are two copies of the audio, illustrated with screen caps from the scenes you'll be hearing. The second one has more of Will and a different voiceover from the announcer at the end (the first voiceover is why I'm sharing them both):

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me, I seem to recall that I may actually have a complete audio copy of the ad, but as of yet I haven't come across it. But I also haven't had the chance to listen to even a third of the audio tapes I have and I know that many of them are 1970PT eps, so it could be quite likely that if I do have a complete copy, it could be on one of them. If I ever do come across it, I'll most likely share it. Though one day when I have the time what I would really like to do, given that it may never be released, is recreate the ad entirely with both the audio and the video...

And finally, here's an interesting anecdote: I checked out each individual scene to make sure I had transcribed it correctly (I had) and as I was checking the scene from Ep #986 in which Alexis is playing Ode to Angelique on the piano in Angelique's room and Quentin comes over to her and asks "Alexis, what's wrong?" (a part of the scene that isn't in the ad) suddenly the Alexa on my tablet comes to life and says, "As far as I can tell, nothing is wrong. If something looks wrong, you can use the Alexa app to submit feedback." Whoa! Even putting aside that apparently Alexa doesn't know its name isn't Alexis, that was spooky!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 12, 2023, 11:38:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1075 (1970) - Barnabas - 'Well, she MUST be made to understand. Are we to stand around waiting for the second clue to take place?'

From "#1074/1075: Robservations - 08/21/03: Lilacs"
Drawing room - Quentin repeats, "The night of the sun and the moon." That's all Carolyn wrote, explains Barnabas--I'm sure she meant tonight. What do you think we ought to do? asks Quentin. Julia has gone upstairs to see if the children are all right, says Barn, but I feel they should be gotten out of Collinwood immediately, for their safety. Impossible, says Quentin, pouring himself a drink--I may believe that, bit Elizabeth never will. She must be made to understand, insists Barnabas. Quentin downs a healthy swig. Are we to stand around waiting for the second clue to take place? asks Barn. What would that be? asks Q. Again, it's cryptic, says Barnabas, says an unfinished horoscope. Barnabas, says Quentin, are you sure of that? Yes, says Barnabas, positive. Do you know why Liz won't send the children away? queries Quentin.  Because she doesn't want to frighten them, guesses Barn. . More than that, says Quentin, she is convinced that for the remainder of the year, nothing will go wrong here at Collinwood. That's a rather dangerous assumption, opines Barnabas. She's convinced of that because she just had an astrologer draw up her horoscope! reveals Quentin. Barnabas regards his cousin with alarm.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Then something MUST happen to Hallie or David or somebody else before she'll even listen') was back on March 10th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 13, 2023, 05:40:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1127 (1840) - Desmond - 'But you MUST tell me if you have it. Please, don't lie to me.'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Leticia prepares to go to bed.  Desmond knocks on her door and she pats her hair and squeezes red into her cheeks, prettying herself up.  He anxiously asks her if she took something from the drawing room.  What are you talking about, Ducks? she asks.  He reminds her she told him to get rid of the head.  It's gone? she asks.  Yes, he says, and if you didn't take it...  If I didn't take it, what? she asks.  He swears that he won't blame her, he knows she did it because it frightened her, and he appreciates that, but she must tell him if she has it--please don't lie to me!
Leticia assures him she'd tell him if she had it--he'd make her tell him the truth--she could never lie to a man as nice as he is.  He's very upset, and she tells him it's for the best that it's gone--it was changing him, it was evil--don't try to find it, don't ever try, she begs.

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Desmond - 'If I destroy The Head, the body is bound to die. I MUST do it before they are reunited!') was back on December 12th of 2020, and the second (Samantha - 'Yes. I know with whom I MUST spend the rest of my life') was back on July 21st of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 14, 2023, 06:56:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1203 (1841PT) - Julia - 'I hope you haven't seen him. But if you do, you MUST not talk to him.'

From "#1203/1204: Robservations 12/11/03: Naive Fiancee"
What happened to Stella Young? asks Melanie--why isn't she here anymore?  She wasn't happy here, so she left, says Julia.  Why did she leave us so abruptly? asks Melanie.  Why are you so concerned about Stella? asks Julia.  I'm not concerned, just curious, says Melanie, it seems so odd--she was Mother's secretary for such a short time, then just vanished.  Vanished? asks Julia--she left.  Did she leave a forwarding address? asks Melanie.  No, says Julia.  Isn't that rather unusual? asks Melanie.  Julia rises--why are you asking all these questions? asks Julia.  I told you, I'm just curious, says Melanie.  There must be a reason, says Julia--does it have anything to do with that man?--Kendrick Young--has he been on the grounds, have you seen him?  Melanie turns away and lies, "No, Julia."  I hope you're not lying to me, says the older woman, it's imperative that if you see him, you must tell me.  I haven't seen him, I swear it, says Melanie.  I hope you haven't seen him, says Julia, but if you do, you must not talk to him.  Why does he upset you so? asks Melanie.  He doesn't, says Julia, he's just a troublemaker, arrogant and unreasonable--he will never be welcome in this house.
I will remember that, says Melanie.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Well, violence MUST manifest itself, I mean, through, through someone. Now, when we brought Father out of the room, he was the one who had violent streaks-- now he's dead-- but violence MUST manifest itself through someone') was back on June 4th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: September 15, 2023, 03:28:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #66 (1966) - Roger - 'I MUST say, Burke, I've been completely wrong about you.'

From "#0065/0066: Robservations 07/03/01: Showdown!"
I'm just as anxious as you are to find out how he managed to slip in the water and drown, says Roger--and that's what happened you know--don't make it any worse than it is! A man who's been around boats all his life just slipped and fell in the water? asks Burke. There is no evidence to the contrary, says Roger. Evidence!--I'd rather rely on my instincts, says Burke. Why should I kill Malloy? asks Roger--he was a friend of mine--I had no reason to want him dead. You didn't? asks Burke--Malloy set up that meeting to force Sam Evans to state that I was NOT driving that car the night the man was killed. "Burke, you make me sick!" says Roger.--"How long are you going to hang on to that ridiculous story?" And if I wasn't driving the car, you were! shouts Burke--you should have served that sentence, not me! I must say, says Roger, I've been completely wrong about you. I'm glad to hear that, says Burke. I said that you served five years in prison, and that it hadn't done you any harm--now I see that it has--it's driven you insane! I still have sense enough to say that you were the only one who had a motive to kill Bill Malloy, says Burke.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And I love how Roger makes it seem as if saying he's been wrong about Burke is a good thing only to turn around and say that Burke is insane. Pure Roger!!  [thumb]

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, she was going to TELL me about a dinner party she had with Sam Evans') was back on June 22nd of 2020, the second (Burke - 'You MUST imagine that since I've already served my five years, come out of it with my health, made a lot of money since then, I really have no cause for complaint, right?') was back on April 16th of 2021, the third (Liz - 'Then you MUST have a pretty complete record of everything that's happened to you') was back on September 1st of 2021, and the fourth (Vicki - 'I suppose you MUST think it's very strange that when a child is surrounded by so many other children, she's lonely enough to write herself letters') was back on June 14th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #42, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, $629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111. However, recall that there's an even bigger because Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 16, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #249 (1967) - Carolyn - 'If that's the case, fine, but I MUST know it.'

From "#0249/0250: Robservations 11/16/01: Maggie Fakes It"
(Opening scene of Carolyn, Roger and Vicki in the drawing room and Jason eavesdropping on their conversation not summarized.)

The Robservations falls into the period where there's little detail - so much so that in this instance both the Teaser and Act III aren't even summarized at all! However, what happens in the Teaser is that first Carolyn walks from the window to Roger, who's standing in front of the fireplace, and she says, "I don't care what anyone says, I'm going into that room." Roger replies, "Yes, but, Kitten, how do you propose to do that?" The camera pulls back to reveal that Vicki is sitting on the couch as Carolyn replies, "Somehow." But Roger says, "Well, I'm as determined to get into that room as you are, but how?" Vicki pipes up and offers, "Carolyn, you might be placing an awful lot of importance on something that has nothing to do with the problem." But Carolyn counters with the quote and then insists, "I intend to get into that room tonight." Though Vicki warns, "Carolyn, please don't do anything that you're going to regret later." Roger wonders, "But how can you get in the room if it's locked?" Carolyn explains, "Well, there are two ways. The first way is to steal the key from my mother." But Vicki believes, "I don't think you're going to do that." "I don't think so either. So I'm left with the other alternative-- to break in." Roger says, "Well, that will take some doing. Do you want my help?" "I'll need your help. Then it's settled, we'll break in tonight, after Mother goes to sleep." But little do they know that Jason has been listening outside the door...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Well, you MUST admit, Liz, keeping a room under lock and key for 18 years is bound to invite a certain amount of curiosity') was back on November 15th of 2021, and the second (Liz - 'I've decided that I cannot go on living the life I've been leading. I MUST remake it, the best way possible, for everyone's happiness. So I want to say... I want you to know...') was back on November 28th of 2021.