Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118436 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #840 on: July 19, 2021, 02:26:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #534 (1968) - Barnabas - 'It's in her nature to love and not destroy. Well there MUST be something in my nature that's like that too-- that... that is worthy of what she's doing for me. And that's why I cannot let it go on, Julia.'

From "Robservations 6/24/02 - #534/535 - The Point of Return?"
she thinks Vicki fell asleep. To have the dream again, laments Barnabas. Julia says Cassandra has underestimated Vicki's strength, and Barnabas agrees- and how much consolation is there in that? He's being selfish. What is he roving--accomplishing?-nothing--Vicki is strong, but also being tortured, and he's allowing it. Julia says Vicki doesn't want to tell him the dream, and Barnabas says loving is her nature, not destroying, and he feels he, too, must have something in his nature that will be worthy of what she's doing for him. He can't let it go on-he's going to go to Vicki and let her tell him the dream. Julia protests, asks him to wait longer. It's already been too long, he says. Julia feels Vicki will survive the dream, and reminds Barnabas that if this reaches its conclusion, his fate will be worse than death.
[/spoiler]

While not referencing it directly, the Robservations does reference the quote quite well, touching on all the main points...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2021, 01:56:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #749 (1897) - Magda - 'You MUST come with me, Quentin. Jenny is waiting for you.'

From "Robservations 12/20/02 - #748-749 - That Crazy Kiss of Death"
Quentin dreams.  He sees and hears a tambourine shaking.  Magda enters his room and asks if he's ready.  He tells her to stay away from him.  Don't be frightened, she says, this is a simple ceremony.  He refuses to come with her, but she says you must--Jenny is waiting for you.  He refuses, ordering her out.  Magda shakes the tambourine, telling him, you can't resist.  No, he says, "I won't go, please don't make me do this, I'm begging you."  He goes with her anyway, compelled to, protesting all the way..
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 21, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #937 (1970) - Jeb - 'I knew then how close we'd be, when you learned what you MUST, and now you have.'

From "Robservations 5/13/03 - #936-937 - Barnabas Promises to Come Clean"
do you understand why I had to do what I did to you?  I do, says David solemnly. Good, says Jeb, I'm glad you do, even if Barnabas doesn't
--the two of us always understand each other. "You were Alexander and Michael, weren't you?" asks David. Jeb grins. Yes, he admits--I call myself Jeb now--and you will always do exactly as I tell you. Yes, agrees David.  Good, you're a good boy--you get an A, says Jeb, ruffling David's hair--remember the radio your father picked up in Boston for you? asks Jeb--you gave that to me, when I was Michael (actually, Alexander)--I knew  then how close we'd be, when you'd learned what you must, and now you have--so I am going to give you something. Jeb displays his leather watch.  That's neat, proclaims David.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Jeb - 'David MUST understand that I can be cruel as well as kind') was back on April 18th of 2020.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 21, 2021, 05:05:13 PM »
Cruel to be kind. In the right measure, of course 
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 21, 2021, 10:46:36 PM »
I find it hard to imagine Jeb ever being motivated by kindness in any way, shape or form!  [nodno]  Any kindness he may have seemed to extend had more to do with manipulation than anything else...

(On the other hand, and as a side note, I really liked that song back in the day. And the funny thing is that it's almost as if YouTube knows that because quite frequently when I listen to songs on YouTube that song will come up...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 22, 2021, 04:10:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1011 (1970PT) - Will - 'In your own time, you MUST have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins?'

From "#1010/1011: Robservations 07/08/03: Interview With a Vampire--Finis!"
Will and Carolyn lead Barnabas into the secret room behind the drawing room bookcase. In your own time, you must have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins? taunts Will--sit down.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 22, 2021, 10:00:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1108 (1970) - Maggie - 'I've got to go back to Collinwood. You MUST take me.'

From "#1107/1108: Robservations 09/16/03: Buried Alive!"
Maggie sits beside Shaw in his two-seater car, heading for Windcliff.  You've got to turn around, insists Maggie.  It's too late, now, says Shaw--we're going to be at Windcliff soon.  No, she protests, I've got to go back to Collinwood--you must take me.  You must realize, he says, that what we're doing is going to be for the best for you.
No, Collinwood is where I belong, she says.  We've been driving for an hour and a half now, he says, you haven't said a word and you want to turn back now--why?   (How far is Windcliff from Collinwood, it seems to range from a couple of miles to a couple of hundred!)  I just realized that if we keep going like this, I'll never see Collinwood again, she says--or any of the people I love.
[/spoiler]

And Sebastian does not say, "You must realize that what we're doing is going to be for the best for you" - what he actually says is "You've got to realize that what we're doing is going to be for the best for you."

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 23, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »
This isn't when she leaves the show is it? I thought it was Quentin who drove her to Windcliff? I'll have to check into it.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 23, 2021, 02:34:58 AM »
And today's Must quote, I wonder if the Banker spit all of that out without looking at the teleprompter. I wonder if the cameos rehearsed all week with the regulars?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 23, 2021, 06:22:10 PM »
This isn't when she leaves the show is it?

It is. Ep #1108 is KLS' last - and Maggie's words were certainly prophetic because she never did see Collinwood again or any of the people she loved...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 23, 2021, 06:36:02 PM »
And today's Must quote, I wonder if the Banker spit all of that out without looking at the teleprompter.

Believe it or not, he did indeed get it all out without looking at the teleprompter. Though, of course, unlike the regular actors, he only had that one script to learn and who knows how long before taping he might have had it? Later on the actors didn't normally get their scripts until the afternoon before taping, but perhaps in the earlier days they were lucky enough to get them sooner...

And here's a reminder of what we're talking about:

Ep #44 (1966) - John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the
best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off.
But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and
can be called at any time.'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 24, 2021, 04:08:17 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1127 (1840) - Samantha - 'Yes. I know with whom I MUST spend the rest of my life.'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Samantha closes the double doors, then turns and looks at Quentin and Gerard.  She tells Quentin he looks tired.  Kind of you to notice, he says.  I notice everything about you, she says.  He rises and says, "Well--have you made up your mind."
Yes, she says, I know with whom I must spend the rest of my life.  The camera pans from Quentin's face to Gerard's.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Desmond - 'If I destroy The Head, the body is bound to die. I MUST do it before they are reunited!') was back on December 12th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 26, 2021, 01:34:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #44 (1966) - John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off. But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and can be called at any time.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
but I must point out to you that this trust fund you've set up is going to put you in a slight bind, financially. Liz chuckles and asks what does he want her to do--go around and make sure all the lights are out? John laughs, too, and says nothing that serious--but there isn't any loose money lying around, and when you took over Roger's interest in the company, you tied up nearly all your own cash to do it. It had to be done, she says. I'm not criticizing you for it, he assures her, the notes are signed on the best possible terms, and eventually they can be paid off, but I must remind you, they are demand notes, and can be called at anytime. Why should they be called if I keep paying the interest? Liz asks. No reason, unless somebody wants to take over your company, says John, and I don't know why anybody would want to do that. (Uh oh!) I wonder, says Liz. Family institution, says John, I had to tell somebody that the other day when he was making inquiries about it. Who was it? asks Liz--who was making inquiries? I don't know, says John, it was some New York syndicate, I just fought them off. Try to find out, John, says Liz anxiously.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 27, 2021, 02:10:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #205 (1967) - Liz - 'Well, you MUST have done something to make her nervous.'

From "#0204/0205: Robservations 10/15/01: Willie Goes Too Far"
They go into the drawing room, where Liz tells Willie she'll make it brief and to the point--"Leave my daughter alone!" I didn't do anything to your daughter! says Willie. Then why did she have to threaten you with a gun? Asks Liz. She got nervous, smiles Willie--she's a very nervous girl. You must have done something to make he nervous, says Liz. All I did was touch her, but only to admire her hair, says Willie--nothing wrong with admiring her hair. I'm not going to argue with you, says Liz sternly, I'll tell you what I told Jason--leave my daughter alone or I'll call the police and have you put in jail--do you understand me? I hear you, he says. It's no idle threat, says Liz, I'll go through with it--leave Carolyn alone! She turns and leaves. Jason closes the doors and faces Willie, furious.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly. (Well, except for the typo of "he" instead of "her.")

And it's always fun to see James Hall's Willie in a capture -

- and as much as I love John Karlen and can't even imagine anyone else portraying some of Willie's moments, I can't help but wonder what Willie would have been like if Hall had remained with the show...

Also, I've never really understood why women simply wore the jackets to their outfits thrown over their shoulders rather than wearing them outright. But it's something that was frequently seen back in the '60s...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #373 (1795) - Angelique - 'You MUST get it from a-- an oak tree. You MUST be very careful when you remove it. Not a single strand of the web can be broken. And bring it to me. Go!'

From "#0372/0373: Robservations 02/26/02: Josette Loves Jeremiah?"
She tells him to get an unbroken spider's web from an oak tree--she's going to make a dress of it. He lasciviously expresses a desire to see her in that spider web dress, but she says it's for the headless clay figure she shows him.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is also a part of the period in which there isn't as much detail, but at least it does reference the main points of the quote...