Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 117344 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #570 on: January 03, 2021, 03:53:59 AM »
I'm sorry I missed Willie and Mrs. Johnson! I will have to go back and watch that episode.

So, Eagle Hill cemetery, at least in the Spring of 1967, was five miles outside town. Yet later on, I seem to recall, people living at the Great House visit the cemetery on foot. Fascinating. Of course, not nearly as extreme as the space-warp between Collinwood and Windcliff--I think it varied from being around 100 miles away to a lengthy afternoon stroll from the estate...

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 03, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #211 (1967) - Caretaker - 'Oh no, the living MUST LEAVE. They MUST NEVER COME here again.'

From "#0210/0211: Robservations 10/18/01: The Courtly Cousin From England"
A dog barks as Jason touches a tombstone outside the mausoleum. Go away! calls the caretaker. Who's there? asks Jason. Only the dead, says the caretaker, now go away. He joins Jason outside. I'm looking for someone, says Jason, a young man, he might be here. The living must leave here, insists the caretaker, must never come here again--he should never have come here, I should never have let him stay--the last living man I'll ever allow here, mumbles the caretaker, no one may ever come here again. Look, old man, I don't know who you are, says Jason, but if there was a young man here, I want to know what he did, when he was here and where he went.
Sacrilege! Says the caretaker, resentfully, disturbing the dead!--criminal, that's what he is--he pretended to be someone he wasn't. If that were a crime, we'd all be in jail, says Jason--now, what did he want here--what did he do? He said he was a Collins, but I knew he wasn't, says the caretaker, he said he wanted to pay his respects--but he has no respect.
[/spoiler]

And again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 04, 2021, 02:18:25 PM »
I'm sorry I missed Willie and Mrs. Johnson!

This was the screen capture for you and anyone else who may have missed it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 04, 2021, 02:46:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #377 (1795) - Jeremiah - 'I MUST LEAVE this room! LEAVE this house! LEAVE this town!'

From "#0376/0377: Robservations 02/28/02: Andre Takes Control--He Thinks"
He walks away, tells her that when he's alone in his room, he doesn't feel this fever for her; then returns to her side and kisses her face. Let everyone in the house know, insists Josette. we must be together! Jeremiah succumbs, then cries out this can't be--he is leaving Collinsport, now, tonight. He races from the room. Josette is upset and confused.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote but at least it does reference it slightly...

And this is not only the third quote from this ep, it's the third quote from this scene. The first (Jeremiah - 'Because I MUST!') was back on August 22nd and the second (Jeremiah - 'It MUST! Or everyone will know!') was back on October 22nd.

And interestingly enough there are actually several "MUST" lines in this scene. And as I mentioned back on August 22nd, one that we're still holding onto will fit in perfectly with a future sub-theme. Though while we know what that sub-theme will be, we've yet to decide when it will come up...

This "MUST" line is the one we were holding onto - and we were holding onto it for this "31 Days Of Come, I Must Be Going - Stay, I Must Be Leaving" sub-theme...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2021, 12:56:50 AM »
That's a wonderful shot of Mrs Johnson with Willie! I love the angle.

Thanks, MB!

cheers, Gothick

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 05, 2021, 02:36:23 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #661 (1969) - Barnabas - 'This time she went to the gallows and died. What I MUST do now is GO back a few hours before that time to save her.'

From "Robservations 9/24/02 - #660-661 - A Trip Back to the Past"
Barnabas kneels besides Vicki's grave and tells Julia he must go back in time to help her. Julia kneels with him and says it's isn't necessary--Vicki went to the past once before and when she was about to be hanged, she was somehow returned to the present.
Only because there was someone in the present to take her place, says Barnabas--and the tombstone is proof--this time Vicki went to the gallows and died--I must go back a few hours before that and save her. What would you do? she asks. I'd change the events that took place the day she was hanged, he replies.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 06, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #642 (1968) - Carolyn(speaking as Magda) - 'You MUST stop them! He MUST STAY where he is.'

From "Robservations 9/11/2 - #641/642 - Insane Love/Who is Magda?"
"You must stop them!" she begs--"He must stay where he is." Stokes asks who she is, and she responds, "Magda! My curse. . .my curse!" She screams the words. Stokes asks what curse. Carolyn screams and Chris grabs her into his arms, halting everything. "Stop it!" cries Chris. Stokes tells them all that whoever was there, is gone.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST wait for word from him. He's trying to reach you, Vicki. He's trying. You believe that.') was back on August 31st - and the second (Carolyn(possessed during a seance) - 'He MUST NOT come back!') was back on October 21st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2021, 03:38:40 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #796 (1897) - Julianka - 'I MUST GO in one moment. I MUST find the one thing that will draw them here-- it will not fail-- the new blood of the orris root.'

From "Robservations 1/5/03 - #796/797 - Quentin's Bacon is Saved; Another Curse"
Old House - Julianka lights candles (including a black one, of course).  She holds up a glass of nightshade, "a gift of the devil god for those who hunt rest without peace."  The devil's thatch, a gift to remind us that agony is not only human, for the spirit lives on, and when there is spirit, there is agony.  Great god of the distant mountains, beloved of my people, help me tonight when the moon begins its downward path--give me the power that was my mother's--let me help this man."  She holds her hands in prayer.  Barnabas and Quentin enter.  She looks at the latter and says, I see the sign over his head.  Rest, she tells Quentin.  He sinks down on the purple thing and asks, can you cure me?  She nods.  Are you sure? he asks--if you use the hand, might I not turn into something even more frightening?
Not if the ancient gods are with us, she says--and they will be--I must go in a moment, find the one thing that will draw them here--it will not fail-- the new blood of the orris root.  Quentin turns away, disgusted.  "You do not believe me," says Julianka.  "You will..
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 07, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »
Oops - I forgot to mention that today's quote is the second from the ep. The first (Julianka - 'I MUST begin at the moment when the moon begins to descend to the earth, the moment before the moon disappears, for when it does, it MUST take the curse with it to the underside of time.') was back on May 30th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #976 (1970) - Roger - 'I am... but I'm, um... there's something I MUST do before I GO to bed.'

From "Robservations 6/11/03 - #976-977 - Tragic Attack"
Liz paces the foyer.  Roger, it must be the animal I've seen before, she says, but it's not an ordinary animal--it wears clothes and walks like a man!  I've got the police combing the grounds, says Roger--how's Carolyn?  I put her to bed, she says, and had Julia give her a sedative--you should go to bed yourself, you're tired. There's something I must do before I go to bed, says Roger--just something I promised Barnabas I'd do. He bids her good night.  Liz, seemingly puzzled by his mysterious errand, goes into the drawing room.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the most important part of the quote perfectly, though it skips the introductory part...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2021, 08:00:17 PM »
Nice photo of Big Lou today.

Thanks, MB and Midnite!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 09, 2021, 05:52:50 PM »
Nice photo of Big Lou today.

Thanks. I tried to capture him in a classic Roger stance...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #993 (1970PT) - Hannah - 'All I know is I MUST LEAVE this house.'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
Quentin races to Hannah's side. What happened? he asks. "My throat!" she cries. "Light the lights, quick!" He does as she asks.  Whatever is throttling Hannah lets go. She gasps out to Quentin, a hand was choking me!. Sounding as if he doesn't believe her, he insists, tell me what happened. She flatly informs him, I can't do anything to help you, because the spirit that roams these rooms won't be driven out--it wants to stay--and it's powerful--believe me, most powerful! There must be something that can be done, protests Quentin.  Look! says Hannah, pointing to the desk drawer, which is opening by itself. What does it mean? asks Quentin. Look inside and see! blares Hannah. Quentin opens the drawer and takes out Bruno's sheet music, which has blood on it.
There's a note, says Quentin--"It must be tonight."  In whose hand? she asks. I can't make that out, he says--it's printed; it's all got to mean something--Bruno, the music, the message. All I know is, says the terrified Hannah, I must leave this house! You mean you can't explain anymore of this? asks Quentin angrily. I'm too frightened to try, she admits. Promise me, he says, don't mention any of this to Bruno. Do you think he's implicated in some way? she asks. PROMISE ME! he shouts. She agrees--if I can, but please, I must go. He grabs her arm and orders, tell me if you find out anything more about this. She nods, pulling away, but cautions, expect nothing at all from me.  Sounding as if she's going to cry, she runs off. The clock shows 10:10.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Cyrus - 'Now also, you MUST take safeguards against any impurities or unbalances within the synthesis-- I mean, I have indicated how important and delicate this chemical is!') was back on October 14th...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:52 PM »
Aunt Hannah! Always great to see her, though she understandably is not at all happy here.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 10, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »
Aunt Hannah! Always great to see her, though she understandably is not at all happy here.

She's definitely not happy:

But then, who would be after what had just happened?  [snow_wink]