Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118293 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1830 on: January 14, 2024, 03:44:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1129 (1840) - Barnabas - 'It MUST be only an animal.'

From "#1129/1130: Robservations 10/13/03: A Certain Blond Returns"
Barnabas and Julia roam the woods, hearing something heavy moving about.  Barnabas hands Julia the lantern and takes his cane in hand, holding it as a weapon.  They hear the sound retreating, and Barn figures it's only an animal.  They come across the dead body of Hortense.  Barnabas! calls Julia.

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 15, 2024, 03:06:36 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1206 (1841PT) - Julia - 'The two of you MUST think of the scandal.'

From "#1205/1206: Robservations 12/12/03: Wedding Interruptus"
I always knew you and I would have a fight someday, says Morgan, but I thought it would be with our hands (didn't you two already do that?)--but pistols are better.  No, screams Catherine.  She and Julia stand there.  Go back to Collinwood! orders Morgan.  There will be no duel! insists Catherine.  That is up to us! says Bramwell.  Think of the scandal, warns Julia.  What a ridiculous reason to stop this duel! says Morgan--we are going back to Collinwood, he orders Catherine and Julia.  I will not let you kill each other! cries Catherine.  We are leaving, commands Morgan

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does references its circumstances well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Morgan - 'I MUST get to him') was back on November 12th of 2020, and the second (Josette - 'You haven't asked me, Bramwell, but I MUST say it--you MUST forget Catherine') was back on June 1st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 16, 2024, 04:16:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #70 (1966) - Carolyn - 'She MUST feel almost like a widow now. She has no place where she feels needed.'

From "#0069/0070: Robservations 07/10/01: Mrs. Johnson, Spy; Josette Dances"
You were worried about the dinner, says Carolyn--there, you see what you ought to have is a housekeeper and cook--it's silly for you to do all that. Why are you suddenly so interested in a housekeeper for Collinwood? asks Liz--do you think we owe something to Sarah Johnson? Yes I do, says Carolyn, Mr. Malloy worked for our company, so in a way, Mrs. Johnson did, too--she must feel almost like a widow now--she has no place where she feels needed. I'm glad you're so considerate, darling, says Liz. Besides, grins Carolyn, she's a great cook. Ah ha! says Liz. That's only one reason, says Carolyn. I'm relieved to hear there's nothing but good food on your mind, teases Liz. Then you will ask her? says Carolyn. I'll think about it, promises Liz and walks toward the stairs. Carolyn closes the window, smiling, pleased.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

Interesting that Carolyn gives a reason to hire Mrs Johnson is because she's a great cook - that's not exactly how the show describes her cooking in later eps.  [ghost_nowink]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'You MUST be the only person that's been in here in years') was back on December 12th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 17, 2024, 03:36:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #252 (1967) - Joe - 'Well, I MUST say there's nothing like the Collins family for setting this town on its ear.'

From "#0251/0252: Robservations 11/17/01: And Then Came Buzz"
Joe and Vicki are having drinks at the Blue Whale when he tells her he saw Buzz' motorcycle gang revving their engines--and Carolyn was with them. On a second go-round, they left a pile of beer cans in their wake--and Carolyn was still with them. Vicki says Carolyn is just doing this to upset her mother, then suggests that Liz might be marrying Jason because he's charming and not unattractive. Joe, however, thinks Mrs. Stoddard is heading for a fall. Buzz and Carolyn lurch in, both drunk, and order more booze at the bar. Vicki and Joe are upset to see her in such gruesome company, and not at all happy when Carolyn drags Buzz to their table to introduce them.

Being in the period where there's little detail, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, Joe delivers it after Vicki says Carolyn is with Buzz to get back at her mother and before the subject of Liz' impending marriage to Jason comes up...

And how great that Midnite uncovered another Joe quote.  [spin]  So few are actually acknowledged in the Robservations and are mostly discovered completely by accident.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 18, 2024, 06:26:52 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #399 (1796) - Vicki - 'No matter what happens, you MUSTN'T tell anyone you've seen me, especially your Aunt Abigail and your father. Do you understand?'

From "#0399/0400: Robservations 03/15/02: Is My Wife A Witch?"
Sarah has found Vicki in her upstairs room, but the latter denies calling to the child. Sarah complains that she never sees her brother anymore, nor Miss Winters, and Abigail is very scary! Vicki sympathizes with her.  However, Vicki is very upset to learn that Abigail and Joshua are downstairs--she has to hide! Sarah takes her to a hiding place in the attic that no one knows about, and promises not to tell anyone she saw her.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly and only references its circumstances through Sarah's response...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Abigail - 'The Old House MUST be searched!') was back on April 21st of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 19, 2024, 04:06:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #510 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'Julia, thank goodness it's you. You MUST come here immediately.'

From "Robservations 6/6/02 - #509/510 - Adam's New Friend/Taken to Trask"
Stokes calmly dials Collinwood, luckily reaching Julia, and tells her to come immediately-he might have just killed a man!

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does reference its circumstances...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 20, 2024, 04:40:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #755 (1897) - Laura - 'Barnabas, you MUST feel quite the hero. Were there tears in Edward's eyes when you brought the boy to him?'

From "Robservations 1/6/03 - #754-755 - Laura Pursues Barnabas"
Barnabas prepares to leave, but runs into. She taunts him about playing the hero--were there tears in Edward's eyes when you brought his son home to him?--and blames the boy's illness on the school--tell Edward I've come for my son.  She tries to stall Barnabas leaving; he says, I'll leave you to plot your revenge.
I will have it! Laura hisses at him--before this day is over, I will have it!

The Robservations paraphrase the quote but does so well... (The Robservations also leaves out identifying Laura by name as the person Barnabas runs into.)

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Beth - 'Oh, Quentin. Quentin, there MUST be something we can do. There MUST be') was back on June 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 21, 2024, 07:28:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1010 (1970PT) - Yaeger - 'Well, well, what deep dark secret is Will Loomis keeping from the rest of the world? I MUST find out. Perhaps it's something that might come in handy some day.'

From "#1010/1011: Robservations 07/08/03: Interview With a Vampire--Finis!"
Yaeger enters a room--this has to be another building on the Collins estate, he muses, the only one that could have a cellar this size is Loomis house.
He spots Barnabas' chained coffin and runs his hands over it. Well, well, he wonders, what dark secret is Will Loomis keeping from the rest of the world? I must find out, decides Yaeger--it just might come in handy someday. Using nothing more than his hands, he begins to remove the chains from the coffin!

The Robservations paraphrase the last part of the quote but does so well...

And the scene in which the quote appears not only closes Ep #1010 but is the Teaser for Ep #1011. The second version is a restaging by Henry Kaplan of his own previous version. And as can be seen in a comparison of the two, he didn't have the camera go in as close on Yaeger the second time around -

- though I'm actually shocked that Kaplan didn't end each version with a camera shot that practically went up Yaeger's nostrils because, if you pay attention to so many of his eps, it's an understatement to say Kaplan just loved extreme closeups!!

Also, interestingly enough, there weren't any candles lit in the basement in the first version, which in and of itself is shocking because DS is a show in which there have been candles lit in the secret room of the mausoleum even though no one has been in there for days or even weeks...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 22, 2024, 04:50:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #911 (1969) - Julia - 'I know I-I MUST explain but please, please let me choose the time.'

From "Robservations 4/28/03 - #911-912 - Leviathan Amy?; Harrison Monroe Delaware Tate"
Grant comes out and remarks, you and Barnabas aren't the only ones who know Quentin. No, she says. That requires an explanation, too, he says--does everyone in the house know Quentin?  No, says Julia, the children do. How's that possible? asks Grant. He came back from the dead, says Julia. Grant laughs--is that what you think I'VE done?--no wonder you're interested--a ghost with amnesia, that could be fascinating--I might forget that I'm dead! he says sarcastically. Julia reminds him, I treated you in the hospital, I know you're alive. And the kid saw a ghost, how do you explain that? asks Grant. I want you to explain it to me, says Julia.  I have no answers, says Grant--you know that, (he grabs her arm in a painful grip) and you'd better start giving me some if you expect to see me here again.
Hurting in his grip, Julia says, I know I have to explain, but please let me choose the time. He releases her.  She cradles her sore arm and unlocks the door.

The Robservations changes the "must" to "have to" - shameful!!

And I didn't even realize at the time I took the capture for the quote -

- that it was so similar to the capture that's used in the Robservations and the capture I took for the quote. But at any rate, I love them both and think either would make a great Julia avatar...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 23, 2024, 04:32:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1130 (1840) - Leticia - 'Where are you? Where are you? There is danger for you. I MUST find you before they do, for they are enemies.''

From "#1129/1130: Robservations 10/13/03: A Certain Blond Returns"
Leticia looks at the head and says to it that she has tried before and will again--"Body of Judah Zachary, she calls, "show me where you are, for I have been chosen to find you--by the powers that I possess, let me see. . .let me see--men, I see men searching for you--where are you?--where are you?--this is danger for you, I must find you before they do, for they are enemies--body of Judah Zachary, show yourself to me!"  She sees a vision of boots, of the creature lying on the ground covered in leaves.  Yes, she says, yes!  She turns to the head and says I know what I must do now, Judah Zachary.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this quote is a perfect example of what I referred to the other day -

- though I'm actually shocked that Kaplan didn't end each version with a camera shot that practically went up Yaeger's nostrils because, if you pay attention to so many of his eps, it's an understatement to say Kaplan just loved extreme closeups!!

- because I had to take the capture for this quote -

- early on or what I would have ended up with would have been this -

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 23, 2024, 05:13:36 PM »
The nose knows!
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 24, 2024, 03:36:00 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Maybe that actually was Henry Kaplan's directorial philosophy. If so, it would explain a lot...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 25, 2024, 04:02:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1207_1208 (1841PT) - Gerard - 'Tool shed. We MUST find a tool shed. If I remember correctly, there is one inside the stable. Come along.''

From "#1207_1208/1209: Robservations 12/15/03: Plagued; A Grisly Discovery"
Gerard and Kendrick walk through the woods, searching for Stella.  Why are you stopping here? ask Kendrick--there are no buildings around.  We're no longer looking for a building, says Gerard--tool shed--we must find a tool shed, and if I remember correctly, there is one inside the stable--come along.  They hurry off.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly - if only it hadn't added the word "and," as in "and if I remember correctly"...

And hmmm - could that quote be evidence that the original site of the Tool Shed Bar & Grille in PT was in an actual tool shed on the Collins estate?  [snow_wink] [snow_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 26, 2024, 01:00:10 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #71 (1966) - Burke - 'Well, you MUST have some idea. It's your report he'll be reading.'

From "#0071/0072: Robservations 07/11/01: A Suspect Day With Roger"
When do you expect the coroner's findings? Asks Burke. Sometime today, says Patterson, sitting on his desk. How do you think it will go?--you must have some idea--it's your report he'll be reading. What's your guess? asks Patterson. I think it depends on how much weight the Collins family carries, says Burke. They own the biggest house, says Patterson, the biggest fishing fleet, cannery--but they don't own me or the coroner! I'd like to believe that, says Burke. You'd better believe it, advises Patterson, annoyed--no matter how this decision goes, it's going to be an honest decision, and I don't want any trouble from you!

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 26, 2024, 03:26:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1131 (1840[-1967]) - Barnabas - 'Julia, you MUST go to Bedford-- find out what you can about the trial. There MUST be some newspaper file of some sort. We MUST find out.'

From "#1131/1132: Robservations 10/20/03: Julia Under Zachary's Control"
Old House - Barnabas speaks of a missing head, a headless body--is it still missing? he asks Julia.  It was when the governess was killed by a headless body, says Julia.  They could have been brought together after that, says Barnabas, and if they are, what kind of evil could be along us?  In 1970, they had no idea all this was involved--if the head was so important at this time, surely Daphne would have told them.  Maybe she never had a chance to learn about it, says Barnabas--they've got to find out more about Judah Zachary if they are to understand any of this, says Barn.  Julia asks if that's the name of the man when he was alive.  Yes, says Barnabas, he was convicted to witchcraft in 1692 in the town of Bedford--decapitation is an unusual form of execution for witchcraft, there must be a reason for that--you must go to Bedford, he says, find out what you can about the trial, there must be a file of some sort--we must find out--Bedford was an important port at that time--can you go this evening?  Probably, she says, but the courthouse probably isn't open in the evening.  You must try, insists Barnabas

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angerie - 'Harriet Collins, return again to the waters that are your grave, but know, you MUST COME to Daniel whenever he thinks of Angelique') was back on January 20th of 2021.

And, of course, Angerie = Angelique using the alias Valerie...

And every time I see this ep I remember how thrilling it was that MPI first released it (along with Ep #1130) on VHS apart from the other 1840 eps -

- and so we got to see a piece of 1840 when we still had no idea if the final year of DS would ever be released.