Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118582 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #960 on: October 21, 2021, 05:30:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #3 (1966) - Carolyn - 'MUST have been the wind blew it open.'

From "#0003/0004: Robservations 05/18/01: Fears About Burke"
While the girls are talking, unbeknownst to them, the door opens, but we don't see anyone come in. Vicki spots the open door and tells Carolyn she's sure she closed it tightly.
Looks like you didn't, says Carolyn, but when Vicki insists she did, Carolyn says when in doubt, look! She opens both doors. No one is out there, so she says the wind must have blown it open. There's no wind in here, points out Vicki. Carolyn closes the doors and tells Vicki she's going to have to try to get used to doors like that--it isn't easy, she knows, but she'll have to try
[/spoiler]

The Robservations simply rephrases the quote...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'Oh, good old Uncle Isaac-- Isaac Collins. He's the one who began it all: Started the whole wingding back in the 17th century, built the fishing fleet, founded the town, gave it a name-- the works.  He MUST have really been something') was back on September 1st of 2020, and the second (Burke - 'You've been hanging around that house for a long time. You MUST have seen a lot-- heard a lot') was back on June 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 22, 2021, 03:24:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #184 (1967) - Dr. Guthrie - 'I MUST know now-- what is it you represent-- the force of good or evil-- what are you?'

From "#0184/0185: Robservations 09/28/01: Laura Gets Revenge"
You've come back from the dead and you want your son, he outlines, there has to be a reason--what are you going to do to David? Love him, she says. There's more to it than that, he insists--you want him for a specific purpose. She stands. You're becoming tiresome, she says. I know I am, he says, that's because I'm closing in on you, and you can feel the pressure--I must know now--what is it you represent--the force of good or evil--what are you? You would hardly expect me to tell you I'm evil, she says. Why does Josette oppose everything you want to do? he asks. I can't imagine, she says. Does she represent good or evil? He asks, You're going to have to ask her that yourself, she says. I'll do that, he tells her, and very soon
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 23, 2021, 04:24:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #274 (1967) - Barnabas - 'That room MUST NOT be vacant long.'

From "#0273/0274: Robservations 12/06/01: Jason Gets Careless"
Oh, no, frets Willie, Barnabas, insisting that he "must live in a prescribed manner," is off to the races again, all set to turn another young woman (and he knows it's Vicki) into his Josette.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is during the period where they really lack complete detail. In fact, it begins with the part I've shared, which is actually after the quote is delivered in the ep. So, explaining the circumstances in which the quote comes up, the pertinent part of the ep begins with a shot of Barnabas going down the stairs in the foyer of the Old House, walking into the drawing room, and stopping where Willie is lighting the candelabrum. Willie remarks that Barnabas has been up "there" a long time. Barnabas replies that he wasn't aware of time. Willie then watches him as he walks over to look out a window. Barnabas waxes on about how if only night could become eternal, the blackness would be with them always. And it is after that when Barnabas turns and moves somewhat toward Willie and delivers the quote, looking upward. Willie walks over and actually asks if there isn't some other way and that's when Barnabas replies there isn't and actually says, "I exist in a prescribed manner," not that he "must live in a prescribed manner"...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'I MUST make my plans. I've already selected the next Josette') was back on April 10th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 25, 2021, 03:24:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #449 (1796) - Countess du Pres - 'You MUST promise me that the house will be clear.'

From "#0449/0450: Robservations 04/19/02: Joshua Tries to Make it Right"
Joshua asks her about her powers; he needs to fight this thing, undo it. She says if she had that power, she would have stopped what was happening long ago. He hopes she can help him-provide a witch to take off the curse--she might know of something. He reluctantly confesses that Barnabas is at Collinwood. She says they are dealing with the unknown, so the house must be empty--she will send a psychic message and if it's heard, whoever responds may have the power to lift the curse, and this person must be a friend or enemy.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations sort of references the quote - though the actual quote comes up after the part that I've quoted, so it isn't really referenced...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Nathan - 'You MUST. You will. Tonight') was back on September 4th of 2020, the second (Countess du Pres - 'Then...then I MUST accept') was back on April 12th, and the third (Countess du Pres - 'But her painting was hanging here the night he died. I was in this room. I saw his body carried from the house. You MUST be mistaken') was back on May 14th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 25, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #625 (1968) - Roger - 'Liz, now you MUSTN'T allow yourself to get all worked up.'

From "Robservations 8/28/02 - #624/625 - Wedding Day?"
Liz asks Roger what happened. He doesn't know. Liz fears this will hurt Vicki; they love each other, what can change that? Roger tells her not to get worked up, but she can't be calm. He assures her he isn't calm or unemotional
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well, though without using the word "must" - and what's interesting is in the ep there is another "'MUST" quote in this section but it isn't referenced as such either...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'No. If he wants to see me, I MUST go to him') was back on September 28th and was from the scene just prior to this one.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 26, 2021, 02:20:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #696 (1969) - Maggie - 'MUST be their imagination-- but it's not!'

From "Robservations 10/21/02 - #696/697 - Quentin Claims David"
1:15 AM.  Maggie paces the drawing room. She picks up the telephone and listens. It's impossible, she says, they couldn't hear anything out of this. Must be their imagination--but it's not!l
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 27, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #761 (1897) - Quentin - 'There MUST be some way to end the curse. You've got to help me find it!'

From "Robservations 1/9/03 - #760-761 - Died By Fire"
A very drunk Quentin knocks frantically on Evan's door, hoping his old friend will understand the lateness of the hour. Evan points out how drunk he is.  Yup, says Quentin, very--and it doesn't help.  It never does, says Evan. Turn on the lights, asks Q, I don't like being in the dark. Evan demands, what do you want?  Help! says Q--there's no one else I can turn to; only you understand.  But I can't do anything for you, says the lawyer.  There must be some way to end the curse, insists Quentin, and you have to find it.  I tried twice and failed, Evan reminds him.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Now there MUST be some solution--something that can undo what the gypsy has done to me') was back on July 17th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 28, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #952 (1970) - Megan - 'It MUST seem strange to the rest of the world-- the woman whose husband was killed and the woman whose husband confessed to the killing living under the same roof.'

From "Robservations 5/23/03 - #952-953"
Megan returns to Collinwood. Did you see him? Liz asks. Yes, says Megan--it must seem strange to the rest of the world--the woman whose husband was killed, in the same house as the woman whose husband confessed to his murder... Will Philip will stick to his confession, or is there danger he will tell the truth? asks Liz.  No danger, says Megan, as long as he feels sorry for me. What about you, asks Liz, are you feeling sorry for yourself? I've never been happier in my life, responds Megan with a horribly creepy grin.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, though it does rephrase the second part of it...

Also, it was quite fortuitous to be able to capture/immortalize Marie Wallace and Joan Bennett with -

- dueling nervous hand gestures.  [hall_wink] [hall_grin]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Megan - 'No, you MUST have your room now') was back on August 5th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 29, 2021, 03:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #997 (1970PT) - Sabrina - 'That Yaeger MUST have him someplace!'

From "#0996/0997: Robservations 06/25/03: Yaeger & Buffy
What's wrong? demands Sabrina, immediately becoming edgy. I don't know, says Quentin, and explains about the girl at the Eagle and the check Cyrus wrote yesterday. Cyrus was at the Eagle yesterday? Sabrina asks. No, says Quentin, he gave the check to some roughneck who tore up the place and gave a check in payment. I'll be able to tell, she says, I balanced Cyrus' records yesterday; he's one of the few scientists who can't subtract. . .there are two checks gone, she says--I know they were there when I finished--do you know this man's name? No, he responds, he said he was a friend of Cyrus', but the girl didn't seem to think he was Cyrus' sort, and found the connection odd. Sabrina thinks it over, and says, last week, I found an IOU made out to Cyrus from a man Cyrus claimed was an old friend--John Yaeger. You never saw Yaeger? asks Quentin.
No, she answers, but it couldn't have been Yaeger--no friend of Cyrus' would come and take his checks--unless...something has happened to Cyrus--suddenly afraid, she says, I know something is wrong--he said he would call last night, but didn't--that Yaeger must have him someplace!  Quentin tries to reassure Sabrina, and says, if he does have Cyrus, I'll find him, he promises.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Yaeger - 'That's an invaluable thing to know-- something you MUST learn unless... unless you want to live the rest of your life like this') was back on September 9th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 30, 2021, 07:16:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1064 (1995) - Mrs. Johnson - 'You MUSTN'T blame her. She's blocked it all out. It was too painful.'

From "#1064/1065: Robservations 08/14/03: Madness & Death"
Mrs. Johnson paces the dark drawing room of the Old House. She looks out the window and sees Barnabas and Julia returning. They enter the house; he begins to light candles. Mrs. Johnson comes out and asks them, did Carolyn tell you anything?  Nothing at all, he says. You must not blame her, says Mrs. Johnson, she's blocked it all out--too painful. We know that, says Barnabas, we didn't try to torment her
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'We simply MUST know what happened') was back on May 20th of 2020, and the second (Carolyn - 'The house MUST be ready for them') was back on August 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 31, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1125 (1840) - Leticia - 'You MUST get free of it before it does something horrible to you.'

From "#1125/1126: Robservations 09/29/03: A Headless Body; a Jeweled Mask"
It's no good trying to hide it from me anymore, she says, because I know all about it!  She pulls open the curtains and reveals the head.  I uncovered it, she says, and looked at it.  You shouldn't have done that, he says.  Didn't I tell you I felt evil in this room? she asks, and I was right, wasn't I?
--and now it's killed that poor old man.  He died of a heart attack, says Desmond, I must tell his family.  He didn't die of no heart attack! she rails, he died of fear, he did--fear of that awful thing!--why did you ever bring it here, it can kill you, too, you know that, don't you?  Nothing is going to happen to me, he assures her, but he seems miles away from the fun-loving guy we met.  You're wrong! she says--it's already begun to happen--you're afraid of it just like Green was--there's something it wants you to do, and you're afraid not to do it.  You just stop talking like that! he says, pointing a finger at her.  Let me help you, she begs--I don't want no harm to come to you.  Maybe you can help me, says Desmond--this man, before he died, told me something, but I don't know what it means--it concerns something very important that I must find.  What is it? she asks.  I can't tell you, he says, it's a secret.  Her voice rises; she points accusingly at the head and says, you can't tell me because that THING wants you to find it!  That's not true! he cries, turning away.  Why don't you understand how evil this is? she asks--you must get free of it before it does something horrible to you.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gerard - 'The suspense is killing me - I MUST find out what the future may hold for me!') was back on December 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 01, 2021, 02:58:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1234 (1841PT) - Gabriel - 'Well, then believe it, Mother, please, you MUST because it's true! I, I never felt better in my whole life.'

From "#1234/1235: Robservations 01/09/04: Grisly Discovery"
Flora joins Gabriel in the tower room.  Look at me, Mother, he asks--tell me if I look insane.  Of course not, says Flora, facing him.  Haven't I been perfectly lucid since you put me here? he asks, sounding rational.  Everything you said it true, she agrees.  Isn't that proof enough I'm all right now? he asks.  She looks at him sympathetically and assures him, no one wants to believe that more than I do.  Believe it, Mother, he says, you must because it's true--I never felt better in my whole life.  It won't hurt to give it a little more time, she says.  You've already given it enough time, he says, pulling the cravat from his pocket while his back is turned to his mother--think of what I've gone through in this room--I haven't complained, have I?--I've tried to understand, haven't I--done my best to take it like a man--he holds up the cravat in a straight line in front of his face--isn't that true, Mother?  Yes, agrees Flora, walking away from him.  Release me from this room, please, be begs, you've got to--I give you my solemn word, I'll be as good as gold.  Distressed, Flora says, I would like to do as you ask, but I can't without consulting the family.  You're the head of the family, he reminds her--you can make the decision yourself--Mother, please, he says, make it.
He advances on her from behind, about to loop the cravat around her throat.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carrie - 'You MUST believe me!') was back on May 22nd of 2020. And I'm sensing a theme of people wanting to be believed, though for very different reasons...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 02, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #858 (1897) - Julia - 'But I only know that you MUST be ready to do everything necessary to complete our plan.'

From "Robservations 3/21/03 - Nora & Kitty; Where Did Julia Go?"
Rectory - Julia rummages through her doctor's bag and hears the weird, spacey sound that fills the room. Angelique enters-I came as quickly as I could, she says. Do you hear a sound like the wind wailing? Asks Julia.  Ang can't hear it. It stops--but it will start again, it's all part of everything else, says Julia-it has to do with the way I came to this time; when I arrived from my own time-- only my astral body came, Count Petofi tried to have me killed because I'm not alive in this time. If you can't die, asks Angie, then what can happen to you? I don't know, says Julia, but you must be ready to do everything necessary to complete our plan, no matter what happens to me--"Are you willing?" asks Julia. "Yes, yes I am," Ang assures her. Good, says Julia, in obvious pain.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 03, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #9 (1966) - Carolyn - '[laughs] It seems every time I pop in here, you're writing a letter. You MUST be loaded with friends.'

From "#0009/0010: Robservations 05/23/01: Carolyn Plots"
Vicki sits writing at her desk. Carolyn knocks. When Vicki lets her in, Carolyn asks if she's still keeping the door locked. A habit, says Vicki. A good one around this place, says Carolyn--am I disturbing you? I was just writing a letter, says Vicki. Carolyn giggles and says it seems every time she pops in here, she's writing a letter--she must be loaded with friends back home. I have a few, says Vicki
[/spoiler]

While not directly, the Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 04, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »

Ep #159 (1967) - Vicki - 'You MUST remember that she hasn't been out of here for 18 years. Something's keeping her here.'

From "#0158/0159: Robservations 09/11/01: Liz Loses All Her Marbles"
How could this illness possibly be related to Laura Collins? asks Frank. I don't know, says Vicki, it's just a very strong feeling I have--let's go talk in here, she says, leading him into the drawing room--we have a lot of decisions to be made, a lot to discuss--Mrs. Stoddard wanted to see you--she wouldn't say why--but that's why I left that urgent message for you. I'm afraid I wasn't available, he says. That's all right, says Vicki, because it wouldn't have made any difference--you couldn't have gotten here in time--just after I called you, she went into that coma. Do you have any idea what was on her mind? asks Frank--did she seem to have a feeling or fear of death? No, says Vicki, she did seem worried about what might happen to her. Maybe she wanted to say something about her will, he suggests, people in this condition often have a change of heart, they want to include someone, or cut somebody out of it. No, says Vicki, I don't think that was it--she seemed so much more urgent. What was she saying? he asks. She was turning over the house to Carolyn, but she was determined not to leave Collinwood, no matter what the doctor wanted. Was does he want? asks Frank. He wants to get her into a hospital so he can do more extensive testing than he was able to do here, explains Vicki. Why doesn't she go? asks Frank--does she have some fear of doctors and hospitals. No, that's not it, she says--she doesn't want to leave this house--you must remember she hasn't been out of here in 18 years--something's keeping her here, but she won't say what it is--she's adamant about not going.
[/spoiler]

And considering Frank has the quote for November 2nd of 2020 -

Ep #157 (1967) - Frank - 'Well then you MUST have fairly
complete burial records of this whole area.'

- and he's standing with Vicki, and for this quote's capture Frank is also with Vicki -

- I'm sensing a theme possibly beginning for quotes for November 2nd.  [hall2_wink]