Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 116755 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2020, 08:20:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #397 (1796) - Angelique - 'Well, where is Ben with the champagne? We MUST have champagne now.'

From "#0397/0398: Robservations 03/14/02: Mr. & Mrs. Barnabas Collins"
Looking like a condemnded man heading for the gallows, Barnabas returns to the festivities. Angelique is telling Naomi she wishes there had been some flowers, and Naomi wishes she'd sent some over. She tells Barnabas the wedding was beautiful and she's very happy. He says he is, too, but not very convincingly. Ben brings in champagne for the toast and as he hands out glasses, Barnabas opens the bubbly and pours the first glass for the best man, Ben's, toast--except that instead of champagne, blood pours from the bottle. Jeremiah's laughter fills the room and everyone stares in horror as Angelique runs from the room with a sob.
[/spoiler]

Another instance where the quote isn't mentioned in any way in Robservations.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #503 (1968) - Julia - 'Willie, I know why you want to find her-- you want to tell her the dream, but you MUSTN'T.'

From "Robservations 6/3/02 - Everyone Frets Over Carolyn - #503/504"
Willie tells Julia his dream, biting his knuckles, his face contorted with horror. The last door held a snarling dog, and it would have ripped him to pieces. Then Willie hears the police dogs and leaps to his feet in consternation. Julia assures him they're just searching for Carolyn. Willie awakened from the dream unable to move or think of anything else. Julia tries to figure out the significance. Willie is puzzled that telling Julia didn't help him, but she says she didn't expect it to. I must find Carolyn, says Willie, but Julia says he can't tell her the dream--if he does, she will have the dream and the curse will continue--and harm will come to Barnabas. Willie doesn't want that. So Julia tells him to stay there, but Willie screams he'll go crazy if he doesn't go. Julia suggests erasing the memory of the dream. She takes her medallion and hypnotizes the terrified man.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations doesn't include the quote - but at least in this instance there's a reference to it even if it's rephrased...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #764 (1897) - Beth - 'You MUST help him. If this keeps on-- and it will-- he's going to be caught.'

From "Robservations 1/13/03 - #764-765 - Are Silver Bullets a Solution?"
Evan straightens his clothing and answers the phone--it's Beth, calling from Collinwood.  Come out as soon as you can, she begs--have you seen the moon?  Yes, he says.  It happened again! cries Beth  He can't help, says Evan.  Bring something silver, says Beth, to protect yourself.  I can't! objects Evan  Someone must find him, she wails, before anything happens.  I can't go out, insists Evan.  But there's no one else, says Beth--Quentin has helped you, you owe him!  Judith stands on the landing, listening in.  If this goes on, he'll be caught, says Beth--we must help him!  Judith asks what's wrong.  Beth hastily hangs up.  Nothing is wrong, she says.  The conversation wasn't important--I was talking of a cousin of mine in the village who's in trouble.
[/spoiler]

Obviously Robservations does a major rephrasing of today's quote.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1182 (1841) - Joanna - 'We MUST have many, many talks like this-- long ones.'

From "#1181/1182: Robservations 11/23/03: Samantha's Astounding Declaration"
It's so good to have you back, says Daphne--when I was told you were dead, I didn't think I'd ever known such pain--or hatred--for Quentin--I blamed him at first for your death, and wanted him dead, too, it was as if a part of me died with you.  Darling, you shouldn't blame Quentin, says Joanna.  I don't anymore, says Daphne, I know now Quentin would never deliberately hurt anyone.  Never, agrees Joanna.  But then those terrible letters started coming, letters in your handwriting, explains Daphne, they were to Quentin and me, and suddenly, you became a dreadful threat to my life--and I'd loved you so much!  Poor darling, sympathizes Joanna.  They were in your handwriting, says Daphne, how could that be?  They couldn't have been, insists Joanna, I didn't write those letters--except those I wrote to Quentin while I was in the sanitarium, but I never mailed those!  But, says Daphne, taking one of the letters out of her desk--what about this one, it terrified me, I was certain you'd written it.  Those aren't my esses or t's, points out Joanna--she writes, showing her sister how she makes them.  I see, says Daphne, but if...it doesn't matter--I'm just so glad to have you back--she takes Joanna's hands in hers and asks--what did you do?--where did you go when you left the asylum?  I went to Boston, says Joanna.  What for? asks Daphne.  I don't know, says Joanna, I guess I went there because I wanted to be in a city where I could be one of many.  But why Boston? asks Daphne.  For the obvious reason, says Joanna, I wanted to be close to that part of my life that gave me the most joy--and pain.  You mean Quentin? asks Daphne hesitantly.  I suppose so, says Joanna.  You're still in love with him, aren't you? asks Daphne.  Laughing, Joanna says, you still think of me the way you did when you were a little child--you're such an incurable romantic--we must have many, many talks like this, long ones, may I come and see you again, soon?  Of course you may, says Daphne, any time--we've got to be very sure nothing ever happens to you again, never again!  I promise you, my darling sister, says Joanna, nothing will.  She gazes at her little sister with love.
[/spoiler]

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2020, 06:30:17 AM »
Yay! My favorite Barnabas Yoda-ism today!!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »
A classic line and a classic moment.

cheers, Gothick

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2020, 08:37:53 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #279 (1967) - Barnabas - 'That night MUST go nothing wrong.'

From "#0279/0280: Robservations 12/11/01: Barnabas' Swinging Party"
Old House drawing room - The house must be immaculate for the party, Barnabas instructs Willie (and is this the "tonight must nothing go wrong" blooper?) He's glad to hear Willie delivered the costumes to Collinwood, and remarks that tonight will be the most important night of his life.
[/spoiler]

Unfortunately, Robservations gets the blooper wrong...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 29, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »
(Due to circumstances that I needn't get into here, I'm not home and won't be until the end of the week. So, even though Midnite has provided me with the last three quotes for July, I don't have any way right now to get screen caps for them. But I'm going to put the code to display them in their posts in this topic and that way once I do get them, they'll show up here.)

[spoiler]Today's screen capture:

Today's quote:
Ep #544 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'If anyone else discovers you, as Mrs. Johnson's son did yesterday, you MUSTN'T panic or be frightened.'

From "#Robservations 7/1/02 - Stokes Demands Answers - #544/545"
Adam is still looking at the kissing picture, saying "Carolyn" and making with the lovesick eyes. Stokes knocks and Adam admits him. They greet each other like long lost friends. Adam prefers Stokes' house; he's lonely here. Stokes observes the cheerless surroundings and hands Adam a bunch of books, a writing pad and some pencils. Adam is pleased, but unhappy Stokes can't stick around. Stokes says Carolyn will help him, but first. . .Adam admits to liking Carolyn very much, but Stokes warns him against liking her TOO much. Stokes feels ill equipped to answer Adam's why, wishing he'd had the foresight to marry and raise a family. He sits down beside Adam and orders him not to panic if anyone else discovers him. Just tell Carolyn, says Stokes, she's his friend and knows what's best for him--obey her wishes--most important are your studies, says Stokes; everyone has warm feelings toward certain other people, which is fine, but for Adam, learning must come first--the sooner he's educated, the sooner he can leave the room and go out among other people.
Adam agrees to concentrate on reading and writing. Carolyn joins them, asking to speak to Stokes, who promises to see Adam as soon as he can. Adam and Stokes shake hands.
[/spoiler]

Again, the quote is barely there in the Robservations...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2020, 09:32:47 PM »
(Due to circumstances that I needn't get into here, I'm not home and won't be until the end of the week. So, even though Midnite has provided me with the last three quotes for July, I don't have any way right now to get screen caps for them. But I'm going to put the code to display them in their posts in this topic and that way once I do get them, they'll show up here.)

If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding yesterday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Yesterday's screen capture:

Yesterday's quote:
Ep #778 (1897) - Pansy - 'You can't stop me, the show MUST go on. And what a revealing show it's goin' to be!'

From "Robservations 1/23/03 - #778-779 - One Hand Clapping"
Carl, asleep, dreams.  We see a pretty multi-colored lamp beside his bed, a ball atop the legs of a jester balancing it.  Pansy hums her song.  He calls to her, over and over.  She's in her dressing room, getting ready for her show, dressed in spangles, all made up.  Carl comes to her and she tells him he's just in time for her farewell performance--I'm going away!  Why? he asks.  The way things worked out, she says, it's time to retire.  You can't go, he objects.  It's the way things worked out, she repeats--and it ain't been all roses for Pansy, ya know--psychic powers take it out on a girl.  He kneels and tells her, if you stay with me, I'll but you a big house, beautiful clothes, and we'll go around the world together!  Sorry, luv, she says, it's time for Pansy's farewell, and you can't stop me, the show must go on--and what a revealing show it's going to be! she grins--come and see for yourself, luv, she invites.  We hear applause, see PANSY FAYE in glitter.  She stands onstage and says, "There is one answer we seek tonight, and it must be found.  She asks for a volunteer, and points to Barnabas, who shakes his head, no.  She asks Judith to come up, not to be afraid, give her a hand! she calls.  She instructs Judith to concentrate on the answer, which will come slowly, but it will come.  Judith says she can't concentrate on the answer without knowing the question.  You know the question, says Pansy harshly, everyone at Collinwood does!  Judith doesn't!  Carl comes up and squeals, "I do!"  Pansy invites him up.  "The question is this!" says Carl.  "Who is the vampire?!"
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 31, 2020, 09:42:48 PM »

[spoiler]Today's screen capture:

Today's quote:
Ep #535 (1968) - Barnabas - 'Willie will bring a wooden stake and a hammer, and you must drive that stake through my heart.'

From "Robservations 6/24/02 - #534/535 - The Point of Return?"
At the Old House, Barnabas has a red pill in his hand (I believe it's a vitamin in real life). He swallows it with water. Julia comes in and is terribly upset to learn that he's taken the sleeping pill-she brought him a stimulant! Barnabas says he knows it's inevitable, and he wants to go with some measure of dignity. (Oh, the sad look on poor Julia's face!) He wants to get it over with. While he's awake, there's some slim hope, she says, but he denies this-and the pill is beginning to take effect. I've already given Willie his instructions, says Barnabas-after it's over, he will come to the Old House and assist him. (line mixup here, I think.) When I revert to what I was, you must help him-Willie will bring a stake and hammer and you must drive it through my heart. I can't, she says, walking away from him. He reminds her of the living hell he experienced, alive by night, dead by day-do you want me to live that life again? No, she says, and reluctantly promises to do as he asks.
Barnabas leans back against the chair, thanking her, and falls asleep. She calls out his name and shakes him, but his slumber is deep. She sits down in the other chair, watching, waiting.
[/spoiler]

(I had already done the quotes/captures for August 1-6 (and a scattered few beyond that) before the situation that called me away from my house, so there shouldn't be any problems with August.  [ghost_nowink])

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 01, 2020, 01:25:40 AM »
Thanks for these, MB. I hope everything is OK.

Sending good vibes,

Gothick

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 01, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
I hope everything is OK.

I'm fine. I've been helping out others - and will be continuing to help for a while yet. In fact, though I'm home right now, in a few hours I'll be going back to where I was throughout most of the week. But then I'll be back home early Monday for a day...

Sending good vibes

Thanks - I'll pass them along...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 01, 2020, 02:34:04 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1091 (1970) - Hallie - 'To question him directly. And you MUSTN'T. We've got to stay far away from him.'

From "#1091/1092: Robservations 09/04/03: Carolyn Finds the Playroom"
Collinwood - drawing room - David, says Hallie, Maggie couldn't speak, walk or anything--it was awful!  And Dr. Hoffman wouldn't tell you what happened to her? David asks. I heard her say this morning, to Mrs. Stoddard, that Maggie was attacked in the woods, by a wild animal, explains Hallie--but I wonder if she knows something about us, about the playroom and Daphne. Don't speak so loud, warns David. Maybe Gerard did this to her, to punish her, suggests Hallie--I wish we knew for certain. David considers. Why don't you go to Maggie and try to find out whatever you can, he advises--without giving too much away.  What are you going to do? she asks. I'll tell you later, he says. All right, she says, but you've got to promise you won't try to contact Gerard. Why would I do a thing like that? he asks. You mustn't contact him directly, she warns, promise me, we've got to stay far away from him. Are you going to see Maggie? he demands. Just promise me that, she persists. Either you go or I'll have to, he says, not answering her question--are you going? I'll go, she says, but gives him a sad look before she heads upstairs.
[/spoiler]

I was able to do several August quotes/captures way in advance once Midnite had done her last one for July for certain storylines. So, like I'd done for April, the quotes will be jumping around through the storylines rather than appearing in order (or reverse order, like I'd done for June's 30 Days Of To Tell Or Not To Tell).

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2020, 03:02:13 PM »
Today's capture really is too priceless. I love all of Grayson's scenes with Donna. The interaction between them is always fun.

Hope things are OK, MB.

All the best, Gothick

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2020, 06:50:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding yesterday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Yesterday's quote:
Ep #700 (1969) - Maggie - 'David, you MUST. You have to send Quentin away.'

From "Robservations 10/23/02 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching #700/701"
Maggie cries--Quentin, you can't have him!" she yells, vowing to not to ever let him change David--you tried and failed--"I love David, I'm going to take him away from you!"
David stands at the top of the stairs, Maggie at the bottom. I'm coming to get you, she says, Quentin can't stop me, he doesn't have the courage--David belongs to me and his family. She heads slowly up the stairs, begging David come to her. In one leap, he runs into her arms. She calls out his name, hugs him, tells him there's one more thing you must do--send Quentin away. I can't, insists David. You must, she says--turn around, look into the door, and do it. He protests he can't, but Maggie reminds him he won't be free unless he does this. David turns around and looks at the door, which slams closed. "David, we won!" she shrieks, hugging him tightly. "We won!" David falls to the stairs, unconscious.
[/spoiler]

Robservations reworks the quote a bit...