Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118301 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #900 on: August 30, 2021, 01:02:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #119 (1966) - Carolyn - 'It MUST be the company I keep.'

From "#0119/0120: Robservations 08/13/01: Roger vs. Burke; Carolyn vs. Joe"
Look, I want to talk to you for a minute, he says. Under normal circumstances, she says, I'd be delighted to listen to your apology--as it is, I'm willing to forego it. I don't intend to apologize, he says, it wasn't you I belted. What do you want? she asks, I'm not feeling well and I'm very tired. Not feeling well? he asks, what's the matter, can't you handle your liquor? I can handle anything and anyone, she says, furious. I just wanted to tell you you don't have to worry about handling me anymore, he says. Fine! says Carolyn, send me a letter to that effect. I'm sorry to see this has happened to you, says Joe--you used to be a very nice girl. (When?) I'm even nicer now, she says, it must be the company I keep.
It's impossible talking to you, he complains. Have you finally realized that? she asks, I was trying to be subtle! And she flounces upstairs. (GOOD RIDDANCE, JOE!)
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

It's interesting that in Art Wallace's Shadows on the Wall bible Carolyn and Joe were to be married with all sorts of potential storylines to come, but things certainly didn't work out that way on the show. Though that was probably for the best because otherwise how would Carolyn have been able to go on to all sorts of other bad relationships? Plus, without her involvement with Joe, Maggie wouldn't have had much to do and may have been written out before a certain vampire arrived on the scene.

It certainly wasn't that the show thought Nancy Barrett and Joel Crothers didn't work well together or have chemistry as actors because they were paired together again in 1795/76...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Joe - 'We MUST have criss-crossed each other's paths about a dozen times') was back on December 2nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 31, 2021, 02:08:43 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #804 (1897) - Quentin - 'You wouldn't listen to me, but now you MUST.'

From "Robservations 2/10/03 - #803-804 - Truths and Consequences"
Edward, behaving oddly, lifts a figurine and admires it--I appreciates beautiful things, he says--I worked in a very fine home, the Earl of Hampshire's.  Quentin calls his name.  Yes, says Edward--the Early of Hampshire's name was Edward.  Have you been drinking? Asks Q.  The "servant" replies, I never drink during working hours.  (Priceless expression on Selby's face.)  No, of course you don't, says Q--sit down.  Edward seems reluctant, but Quentin assures him it's all right--when I told you there was something wrong with Jamison, you wouldn't listen to me, but now you must.  Edward assures "sir", I am listening.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 01, 2021, 02:26:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #570 (1968) - Liz - 'You MUST hide me, you MUST.'

From "Robservations 7/22/02 - #570/571 - Barnabas Battles the Vampire"
Barnabas is drawn out of his thoughts by a knock at the door. It's Liz. She runs in and tells Barnabas they have her coffin all ready--it's empty, waiting for her. Barnabas is shocked, and she accuses him of not believing her. "Hide me," she begs, "you must."
[/spoiler]

While the Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote, it does reference it well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 02, 2021, 02:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #300 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUST cure me!'

From "#0299/0300: Robservations 01/03/02: Mrs. Burke Devlin?"
Julia examines Barnabas. His cell structure is really changing, she says, pleased to hear his heartbeat is normal (he has a heartbeat?) While he admits to being skeptical about her experiments, he's now beginning to consider that he might even one day know life as a human being. What would that be like, he wonders. He'd be able to give and accept love, she says (hint, hint?) He WANTS to be happy, he says, and she MUST cure him!
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Burke Devlin MUST die!') was back on April 1st of 2020 (and was the one that kicked off this whole slideshow), and the second (Barnabas - 'Unfortunately we MUST trust each other. Neither one of us has any other choice') was back on February 18th of this year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2021, 09:16:41 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #66 (1966) - Liz - 'Then you MUST have a pretty complete record of everything that's happened to you.'

From "#0065/0066: Robservations 07/03/01: Showdown!"
we kept hoping--we all kept hoping as soon as we were old enough to know why w were there--one day, we'd get a letter, a special letter from our real parents. Didn't...most of the children know that their real parents were...no longer living? asks Liz, leaning forward. Of course,, says Vicki, but you can always hope. Liz sighs.
Yes, she says, you can always hope--she rises from the chair and goes to the window--you must have written a great many letters to yourself. It's like some people keep a diary, says Vicki, like my own personal diary, written to myself. You must have a pretty complete record of everything that's happened to, says Liz. It doesn't take as many letters as you might think, Vicki tells her. But your whole life! says Liz. No, says Vicki, not very much ever happened to me--until I came to Collinwood. Liz looks helpless, guilty--and miserable.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the the third quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, she was going to TELL me about a dinner party she had with Sam Evans') was back on June 22nd of 2020, and the second (Burke - 'You MUST imagine that since I've already served my five years, come out of it with my health, made a lot of money since then, I really have no cause for complaint, right?') was back on April 16th of this year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 04, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #132 (1966) - David - 'No, it wasn't me. You MUST'VE heard somebody else.'

From "#(0131_)0132/0133: Robservations 08/21/01: Burke and Laura"
Over and over, David calls to his mother. Vicki enters and says she thought he was resting. I guess I'm not as sleepy as I thought I was, he says. Were you talking to someone? she asks--I thought I heard your voice as I was coming upstairs. No, it wasn't me, he says, you must have heard someone else--can I go out and play? Not now, she says, you've got to go downstairs--your father and Aunt Elizabeth want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to them, he insists. Don't be difficult, she says, they want to see you, now go one, scoot. Do I have to? he asks. Yes, she says. Might as well get it over with, he says. Get what over with? she asks. Never mind, he says, and leaves the room. Vicki closes the window.
[/spoiler]

Except for not using the contraction like David does, the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'He MUST have sneaked down and taken a peek-- that's the only logical explanation I can think of') was back on April 20th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 05, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #193 (1967) - Roger - 'Well, they MUST have some value or you wouldn't want them. Tell me, are they valuable?'

From "#0192/0193: Robservations 10/04/01: End of Flames; Portia Faces Sam"
Tell me, says Roger, why are these paintings suddenly so precious. None of your business, says Sam. They must have some value, or you wouldn't want them, insists Roger--tell me, are they valuable? Only to me, says Sam. Roger doubts that. Are you going to give them to me? asks Sam. I might sell them to you, if I can locate them, says Roger. Sam tells Roger he's not going to sell them to him, he's going to GIVE them to him. And what if I don't, asks Roger. I'm going to Burke Devlin, warns Sam. Will HE give them to you? Roger asks. You know what I'm talking about, says Sam.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of dropping the "Well," the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 06, 2021, 01:48:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #404 (1796) - Barnabas - 'If she knew the truth, Angelique would kill her. Somehow I MUST make her listen to me.'

From "#0403/0404: Robservations 03/19/02: Barnabas Confronts His Witch-Wife"
Barnabas nervously paces the gazebo, waiting for Josette to show up. He has to warn her about the danger she's in, but can't reveal it's Angelique, or the witch will kill his beloved.
[/spoiler]

This ep is another during the period when they weren't all that detailed so this Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly - though it does reference it enough for me not to have to explain how it comes up...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 07, 2021, 02:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #481 (1968) - Julia - 'Another reason you MUST NOT do it.'

From "#0481/0482: Robservations 05/14/02: Cassandra Thwarts the Good Guys"
He grabs the eavesdropping Cassandra. "We have a visitor, Julia!" cries Barnabas triumphantly, holding her tightly imprisoned in his grip. Cassandra, wearing a much nicer wig now, struggles against him--she was just taking a walk. Barnabas demands to know how long she was listening, what she heard, and Julia chastises, "Barnabas!" Cass begs him to let her go, insisting she doesn't know what he's talking about. "You're lying, Angelique!" Barnabas shouts, still clutching her. She orders him to stop calling her that, and he says she won't upset their plans, he'll see to it. "Why do you keep accusing me?" demands Cassandra. "Why do you think I hate you? Julia, why does he? He's mad. Everyone says Roger is, but it's Barnabas who is insane! I'm the only one who knows it--I'm the only one he treats this way!" "YOU KNOW WHY!" thunders Barnabas, but Cassandra cries, "No, I don't!" and pulls herself from his grasp, sobbing. Julia tells him to let her go or make it worse. Barnabas says they're fools to be there, discussing their plans, which Cassandra will ruin if she knows of them. Another reason you must not do it, says Julia, but Barnabas insists they must escalate their plans. Upset, he races off, leaving Julia alone on the terrace, crying, "No, Barnabas, no!"
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 08, 2021, 02:38:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #675 (1969) - Barnabas - 'She MUST have delayed him until the moon was out, and then he couldn't help it. The werewolf does not choose his victims.'

From "Robservations 10/3/02 - #674/675 - Donna Friedlander, Bullseye!"
Barnabas surveys a headline in the COLLINSPORT STAR--"Mystery Murder." Julia and Barnabas feel responsible for Donna's death--if we hadn't let Chris take Donna with him, could we have stopped it? queries Julia. Barnabas doubts it--wherever Chris and Donna went last night was Donna's fault--she must have delayed him until the moon was up--the werewolf can't help it--he doesn't choose his victims.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well though not exactly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'The police took him about a half an hour ago, Mr. Garner. There MUST be something you can do!') was back on December 22nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 09, 2021, 03:28:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #711 (1897) - Rachel - 'The original Barnabas Collins MUST have been distraught when... when Josette died.'

From "Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party"
The original Barnabas Collins must have been distraught when Josette died, says Rachel. He never got over the shock of it, and couldn't accept her death, says Barn--he had to believe he'd find her again someday, it was the only way he could go on living.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations references the quote well though not exactly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 10, 2021, 01:40:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #902 (1969) - Paul - 'Famed Collins impatience. Everything MUST run according to your timetable.'

From "Robservations 4/21/03 - #901-902 -Carolyn Hears THE Breathing; Liz Follows David"
You suspect everything I say to you, don't you? demands Paul. Yes, says Liz. That makes it very difficult when I want to be sincere, and I do, about Carolyn--I want to be sincere. I'm waiting, she says. The famed Collins impatience, rants Paul, everything must run according to YOUR  timetable! If you say so, she says.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 11, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1011 (1970PT) - Yaeger - 'Why MUST I become Longworth again-- go back to the same miserable life?'

From "#1010/1011: Robservations 07/08/03: Interview With a Vampire--Finis!"
Caves - Yaeger, surveying the antidote, asks himself, why must I become Longworth again?--go back to that dull, miserable life! That fool, Gladstone, he's making me take this, even in death, he dictates what I do!
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Will - 'In your own time, you MUST have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins?') was back on July 19th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 12, 2021, 01:46:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1108 (1970) - Julia - 'Look, look at how old it is-- it really must be the original card that the family sent to friends in 1840.'

From "#1107/1108: Robservations 09/16/03: Buried Alive!"
Julia and Barnabas return to Collinwood.  Barnabas starts to dial the phone--let's hope Shaw is home, he says.  Barnabas finds a paper under a box once used to house Petofi's hand and takes it--"Quentin Collins, he reads, born 1808 died 1840--may he rest in peace."  He shows the note to Julia--"The death notice of Quentin Collins!"  he says.  Julia looks at it, concerned.
Look at how old the death notice is, says Julia--must have been the same one sent to friends in 1840.  Gerard has put this here, says Barnabas, slipping the card into his jacket pocket.  The carousel music begins to play.  I feel Gerard' presence in the house, announces Julia--he's somewhere near.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'I've got to back to Collinwood. You MUST take me') was back on July 20th.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 12, 2021, 01:49:47 PM »
If you asked me tomorrow I would say it was Quentin that drove Maggie to Windcliff. I don't know why I can't get that out of my head.