Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118503 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1035 on: January 01, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #817 (1897) - Petofi - 'Surely you MUST realize now you have no choice, Mr. Collins, there is no one left to help you. You MUST take me with you into the future!'

From "Robservations #817-818"
Her neck drips blood; she opens her mouth to reveal two very sharp fangs!
Beth screams at this vision, sobbing, it can't happen that way!  Yes, agrees Petofi, It will unless you do exactly as I say--go to him.  She walks slowly toward the adjoining room.  This is the very last time that you will go to him, promises Petofi.  But I must go to him whenever he calls me, protests Beth--he is my master!  He WAS your master, says Petofi, but no longer--turn your back on him, or you will die and spend eternity as a vampire.  Miserably, Beth turns her back and leaves the room.  Petofi touches Barnabas' coffin and says, "She came to you because you were strong, she left you because I was stronger--surely you must realize now you have no choice, Mr. Collins, there is no one left to help you.  You must take me with you into the future!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 02, 2022, 04:42:38 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #26 (1966) - Liz - 'What did you do, David? You MUST have done something.'

From "#0025/0026: Robservations 06/05/01: Evidence Everywhere"
Liz and David enter the drawing room and she asks him to explain that statement. Please, Aunt Elizabeth, he says. You made an accusation against Miss Winters, says Liz, and you're not leaving until I get a full explanation. David says she tried to hurt him, that's all--she grabbed at me and pulled me into her room--I was lucky to get away. Miss Winters never seemed like that sort of person, remarks Liz. Nobody believes me! laments David. What did you do? she asks--when he doesn't reply, she insists he must have done something. I took her stupid letter she got today! he says--I borrowed it, just to see what it was about, and she got mad. I don't blame her for being angry, says Liz, but I find it hard to believe she hit you. Well she did, he says, falling into her embrace, I'm scared, she hates me and is going to make up all kinds of stories about me.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 03, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #177 (1967) - Dr. Guthrie - 'Before you get too excited, you MUST realize that this is only speculation.'

From "#0176/0177: Robservations 09/24/01: Let's Go Grave Robbing!"
Just yesterday afternoon, right here in this room, I suddenly found myself becoming faint--I lost all consciousness of where I'd been, and even how much time had elapsed--I didn't even know how I'd gotten here. That's exactly what happened to my mother, says Carolyn--how awful for you. At the time, I thought so, he says, but now I think it's extremely fortunate--you see, I know who my adversary is--as I told you, something happened to stop the job of putting me into the trance, and unlike your mother, I know where I was and who I was with--I had just paid a call on Laura Collins. Carolyn gazes up at him, smug, smiling.

Carolyn jumps up from the sofa. Laura--of course! she says, I knew it from the very beginning, there was no one else it could have been. Before you get too excited, he warns, you must realize this is only speculation. Not to me, she assures him, I know it's Laura. We have no proof yet, he says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 04, 2022, 07:42:36 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #275 (1967) - Carolyn - 'We'll get the best lawyers in the  country. And... and you MUSTN'T worry. I'll be right there with you-- all through the trial.'

From "#0275/0276: Robservations 12/07/01: Farewell, Jason!"
Carolyn goes upstairs to her mother and apologizes for running out the way she did--she realizes her mother did what had to be done in regards to Paul,
and she will stand by her no matter what--they can get the best lawyer. . .
[/spoiler]

This is another Robservations with little detail, but at least in this case the situation surrounding the quote is referenced...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Willie - 'No, Jason, you MUSTN'T! You can't!') was back on December 29th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 05, 2022, 07:00:07 AM »
If you've visited the BoardIndex page(the opening page) in the last hour, you may need to clear your browser's cache in order to see the correct graphic for today's "MUST" quote. Otherwise you may be seeing the same graphic for both quotes.

Then again, you may prefer not to see part of Jeff Clark's head.  [santa_wink] [santa_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 05, 2022, 05:14:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #425 (1796) - Countess du Pres - 'I only know I MUST keep you alive until after midnight.'

From "#0425/0426: Robservations 04/03/02: Tragedy on Widows' Hill"
I must go to the Old House to look for my ring! declares Josette, climbing out of bed--Barnabas will expect me to have the ring. This statement horrifies Natalie, who tries to stop her. They struggle, overturning a small table, breaking the lamp that was on top of it. "The sound of glass shattering," remembers Natalie, who glances at the sky and is aghast to see storm clouds beginning to gather, obscuring the moon. The door blows open, terrifying both women.
[/spoiler]

The details in this Robservations aren't bad but it doesn't reference the quote. The quote actually comes up after the lamp breaks and before the countess sees there is no moon. After the lamp breaks, the countess worries that the prophecy is coming true little by little and begs Josette to stay. Josette asks what they're going to do and the countess replies she doesn't know. She then delivers the quote. And after a clap of thunder, the countess checks the window and declares a storm is coming and there is no moon...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Josette - 'I MUST find that ring!') was back on May 4th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 06, 2022, 04:32:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #480 (1968) - Barnabas - 'I won't call her but we MUST contact Julia. She's the only one who can get us out of this situation.'

From "#0479/0480: Robservations 05/13/02: Forget, Jeff, Forget!"
Barnabas gives in to Lang's threat to shoot and reluctantly hangs up the phone. He's shocked to learn that he can actually die now, which Lang assures him would happen if he pulled the trigger. It almost gives Barn pleasure to think he's THAT human. He agrees not to call Julia but still wants to bring her in, even though Lang continues to insist he doesn't want her to know about the experiment.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't get into the details of the quote but it does reference where and in what manner it takes place...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST let Clark live') was back on November 27th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 07, 2022, 06:38:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #740 (1897) - Barnabas - 'I MUST know the truth about Laura Collins. I have this fear that she will defeat me unless I find out.'

From "Robservations 12/16/02 - #740-741 - Hot on Laura's Trail"
Sandor asks Barn what's going on. Barn says he's studying ways to defeat death. There is no way, asserts the gypsy.
Tell that to anyone but me, advises Barn (LOL!)--Go to the cemetery and look for a tombstone that says, "Laura Stockbridge, died 1785."--if I'm correct, they buried her in the crypt below the old meeting house--go there and find the tomb--I must know the truth about her, I have this fear she will defeat me unless I find out, says Barn.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'A doll without pins in it. How unusual. He MUST be saving this for someone special') was back on November 18th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 08, 2022, 06:28:38 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #896 (1969) - David - 'What I MUST. Amy, you stand outside the door and see that no one comes in while I'm reading the book.'

From "Robservations 4/16/03 - #894/5-896 - Blanket Boy Falls Ill; Ms. Olivia Corey"
David stares down at the page, riveted. Amy speaks to him--give me the book, she pleads--I'll tell! You'll tell nothing, he says curtly, not sounding like a little boy anymore.
I'm not going to burn it, he assures Amy, not now... What ARE you going to do? she asks. What I must, says--stand outside the door and make sure no one comes in while I'm reading the book. This startles her--you don't know how. Yes I do, he says. Read some of it for me, she demands. You're forbidden to hear it, he says.
[/spoiler]

They probably didn't realize they were going to do 1970PT at the point this ep was done, or at least they probably didn't realize how they were going to go with the fashion because, if they had, they really should have kept Amy's outfit for 1970PT. That blouse would have fit in perfectly with the colorful, loud prints the women often wore!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 09, 2022, 03:52:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1020 (1970PT) - Will - 'Oh I don't know him actually. I ran into him once. Tall, dark, wild man. Described him to Quentin, Quentin said that MUST be who it is.'

From "#1020/1021: Robservations 07/15/03: Buffie, the Vampire Victim"
At Cyrus' lab, Will shakily takes a big gulp of yet another drink.  Are you sure I'm not bothering you, Cyrus? asks Will.  No, I need company tonight, Cyrus assures him. So do I, says Will--I remember once you and I talking about good and evil, and I accused you of knowing nothing at all about evil. You were wrong, points out Cyrus--we all have evil inside us, I think it best that we just admit it, and let it out. Like your friend Yaeger, laughs Will nervously. Cyrus stares at him--I didn't know you knew John. I didn't actually, says Will, I ran into him once, described him to Quentin, who said that must be who it is--he never mentioned me to you?
No, says Cyrus, why should he? I just thought he might, says Will--where is he now? He's waiting somewhere, says Cyrus, to come back--you know, he and I are much more alike than you think--the only difference is, I work and he plays--and I do what I should, and he just does what he wants. Try it yourself, Will suggests--quit work, have fun, just have a ball. I wouldn't know where to begin, says Cyrus, examining a test tube. Do it by just doing whatever you want, for once, advises Will. Yes, agrees Cyrus, you're right, I should--I will!
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'The lust. The lust. I MUST find someone to make me stop thinking of Maggie. I MUST find someone tonight!') was back on May 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 10, 2022, 03:58:42 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1090 (1970) - Sebastian - 'I MUST say I was not prepared for you at all. I heard your name mentioned amongst the family, but no one ever said how lovely you were.'

From "#1089/1090: Robservations 09/03/03: Maggie, Attacked"
Maggie is doing paperwork at the drawing room desk when Shaw knocks.  Mrs. Stoddard is out for the day, she says. When will she be back? he asks, it's very important I speak to her. I expect her later on this afternoon, says Maggie--is there anything I can do to help?  Are you one of the family? he asks. She introduces herself as Maggie Evans--I work for Mrs. Stoddard. Clearly smitten by her prettiness, he says, it's nice to meet you. Maggie smiles back, looking at him intensely--I've heard of you, she says--Mrs. Stoddard has often spoken of you, quite often, I knew who you were when I opened the door. Thanks for not reacting the way everyone else does, he says. You mean your resemblance to Jeb Hawkes? she asks--I was prepared for that. He grins--I wasn't prepared for YOU at all, he says--I've heard your name mentioned, but no one ever said how lovely you were. You're very direct, she says, smiling back.  Does it frighten you? he asks. No, I find it disarming, she says. I want to disarm you a little further, he says--would you like to go to dinner tonight?
"You're a very unusual man," says Maggie, pleased--I am flattered. But you're going to decline, he finishes. Actually, she says, I'd be inclined to say yes--she smiles some more.
[/spoiler]

Again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 11, 2022, 04:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1151 (1840) - Daphne - 'Oh you MUST!'

From "#1150/1151: Robservations 11/03/03: Gerard Gives Daphne Dreams"
Gerard says to himself, "You always get what I want, don't you, Quentin?--no, Quentin always got what Gerard Stiles wanted--but I am Judah Zachary now--I want her as Judah Zachary once wanted Miranda--and I will have her!"  He takes the circular symbol out and holds it near the flame.  Daphne, says Gerard, Daphne, wherever you will be, you will fall into a very soft sleep--sleep...

Daphne leans back in her chair in the Collinwood drawing room, but continues reading a book.

Don't fight me, intones Gerard, surrender--surrender to me and though you will not remember when you come to me or why you come to me, you will be one step closer to being completely mine!

Daphne falls asleep, leaning her head against the chair.
She dreams Gerard enters the drawing room and stands smiling at her.  She goes to him, into his arms.  I mustn't stay, he says.  You must! She insists, caressing his face and hair.  This house is too dangerous for me, he says.  Nothing is dangerous for you when you're with me, she vows.  How about Quentin? he asks her.  Do you think I care about Quentin? she asks, grinning, and kisses him passionately, then holds her.  Whenever you want to see me, he says, you will have to come--you will have to come.  I'll see you always, she says, don't stop me from holding you--and she kisses him again.  He backs away, and tells her to come to him whenever she wants to see him--you'll come--you'll come.  He backs away, Daphne calling his name over and over.  Daphne awakens, rises from the chair, looks around, puzzled, then hastily leaves the house.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Lamar - 'He has the arrogance still to wear it-- it MUST have been a gift from the devil himself') was back on October 14th.

Also, how coincidental it was that both this slideshow -

Ep #1151 (1840) - Daphne - 'Oh you MUST!'

and the NoDS Anniversary Slideshow -

Page 47/Scene 106 - Tracy (lowly): 'Don't you ever
touch me again!'

featured graphics with Kate Jackson and James Storm, though their characters were in completely opposite circumstances...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 13, 2022, 01:10:26 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1199 (1841PT) - Morgan - 'Do you know the first thing I remember?-- I MUST'VE been about 5 or 6. I remember hearing mother and father talking. They were talking about that room and what would happen when we grew up. And one day that Quentin and I would have to go into that room and spend the night.'

From "#1199/1200: Robservations 12/09/03: The Woman in White"
One of the first things I remember, says Morgan, I must have been five or six, I remember hearing my parents talking about that room and what would happen when we grew up, and that one day Quentin and I would have to go into that room and spend the night--I couldn't understand why--then the next day, I went to the West Wing, down the corridor, and I stood in front of that door, and I began to tremble, as if I could feel the evil inside--and then I ran away--but I can't run anymore, can I?  One of us cannot now, agrees Julia.  It will be me, says Morgan with certainty--I'll be the one who will have to go into that room--I've known that, I've always known it since the first time I heard of it
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this quote makes up for yesterday's quote, which was probably the shortest in the slideshow, by probably being the longest...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 13, 2022, 03:56:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #640 (1968) - David - 'Well, it's because it makes a circle, and that circle MUST never be broken.'

From "Robservations 9/10/02 - #639/640 - Ghosts and Werewolves, Oh My!"
First we have to light a candle, says David, and does. They promise each other not to be scared. David says he's no virgin seance holder. He tells Amy to turn off the lights. They sit at the table, the old telephone in the center, along with the candle. David instructs her to touch hands on the table to make a circle, which must never be broken. Concentrate, advises David, on Quentin--he makes sure she isn't afraid one more time, then calls to Quentin. "We are calling you! Wherever you are, come to us! Tell us about the old telephone and why you spoke to Amy through it."
"Quentin Collins, we are calling you. If you are here, speak to us. Give us some kind of sign!" Nothing happens, but David looks frightened as he proceeds to call Quentin again. The door opens by itself and they see a hooded figure in the hallway. It's just Vicki. and her dark hair, dressed in black. She switches on the lights.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 14, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #52 (1966) - Vicki - 'It MUST have been one of the shutters. The wind's up.'

From "#0051/0052: Robservations 06/22/01: Dead Man Body Surfing"
Carolyn and Vicki are turning down the bed. (Vicki's wearing a nightgown, not PJ's.) I heard it again! says Carolyn. Must have been one of the shutters, says Vicki--the wind's come up. Carolyn shakes her head--it wasn't a shutter. She says--I know the sound every single shutter in this house makes. There's a banging sound. There it is again, says Carolyn. Sounded like it came from the drawing room, says Vicki--has your uncle come upstairs yet? I heard them come up not long after we did, says Carolyn. Then it must have been David, says Vicki, unlocking the door. Don't unlock the door! says Carolyn; however, Vicki says she's going to catch a live little ghost. Carolyn watches her go into David's room, but Vicki reports he's sound asleep--poor David gets blamed for everything that happens in this house. They return to Vicki's room and Carolyn locks the door. That's usually right, says Carolyn, David usually is to blame--but if it wasn't David, who was it? I don't know, says Vicki, grinning, but I'm not going into your mother's room or your uncle's room and ask if they happened to knock over something downstairs. I can, says Carolyn--if you go with me. I don't know, says Vicki--they already think we're seeing things, now they're going to think we're hearing them. We ARE hearing things! says Carolyn--and we did see a dead man at the foot of Widows' Hill tonight--nobody can convince me differently.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'Oh Pop, this MUST be the purest atmosphere in the country. Why do you think all those summer people come up here every year?') was back on July 22nd of 2020.

Funny how we never really heard about any of those supposed "summer people."