Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118317 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1335 on: October 10, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1177 (1840) - Roxanne's Ghost - 'Hurry! You MUST hurry!'

From "#1176/1177: Robservations 11/20/03: Arrival From the Future"
9:15 - Julia, asleep on the sofa, dreams:  Julia! calls Roxanne.  Julia rises--Roxanne! she calls, and finds her at the front door.  He's dying, Julia, Barnabas is dying! cries Roxanne
--follow me--follow me--she gestures for Julia to follow her.  Where? asks Julia, where?  Follow me, bids Roxanne, over and over, Barnabas is dying!  They go to the docks.  You must save him, Roxanne, says Julia.  I can't, insists Roxanne, you must follow...follow me!  Yes, says Julia.  Oh, there is little time, hurry, Julia, hurry! cries Roxanne--you must hurry!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roxanne's Ghost - 'You MUST follow me...follow me!'), also from this scene, was back on August 28th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 11, 2022, 04:04:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1054 (1970PT) - Maggie - 'It's not safe here anymore, you MUST realize that.'

From "#1054/1055: Robservations 08/07/03: Everyone in Jeopardy!"
I've taken the children into town, and I think you should go, too, Alexis, it isn't safe here anymore, you must realize that.  Roger pours a drink.  Whoever is doing this has nothing against me, points out Angelique. These murders have been irrational, says Maggie. I'm not afraid, Ang assures her. I don't understand you, asks Maggie--why would you want to stay here?  Perhaps you're right, perhaps I should leave, says Ang, realizing how odd she sounded, wanting to stay.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And how ironic is it that Maggie is remarking how unsafe Collinwood is in the presence of the very two people who are making it unsafe?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 12, 2022, 05:14:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #902 (1969) - Paul - 'You MUST get her out of Collinsport as soon as possible!'

From "Robservations 4/21/03 - #901-902 -Carolyn Hears THE Breathing; Liz Follows David"
]You suspect everything I say to you, don't you? demands Paul. Yes, says Liz. That makes it very difficult when I want to be sincere, and I do, about Carolyn--I want to be sincere. I'm waiting, she says. The famed Collins impatience, rants Paul, everything must run according to YOUR  timetable! If you say so, she says. He grabs her and says, there is only one solution to Carolyn, and only you can make it happen--you must get her out of Collinsport ASAP.
Why--just tell me why? orders Liz.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Paul - 'Famed Collins impatience. Everything MUST run according to your timetable') was back on September 8th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 13, 2022, 05:34:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #742 (1897) - Charity - 'I MUSTN'T be here tonight.'

From "Robservations 12/17/02 - #742-743 - Laura Sends Jenny After Q"
Charity has gone.  She shows up outside the Old House, gazing at Barnabas through the window.  He opens the door to let her in.  I must not be here tonight, she cautions him.  Ignoring what she said, he tells her to come in.  Entranced, she complies.
[/spoiler]

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Beth - 'But we haven't settled it yet--sooner or later, we MUST') was back on April 22nd of 2020, the second (Dirk - 'MUST be a storm coming up') was back on April 17th of 2021, and the third (Barnabas - 'Tell me why you MUST have the children!') was back on May 27th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #742 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 15, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #646 (1968) - David - 'Then we MUST go through with it.'

From "Robservations 9/13/02 #645/646 - The Kids "Play" With Roger"
The kids bury Quentin's bones. His spirit is still alive, says David, so no need for prayer--we'll return to Collinwood, play a while, then get ready for tonight. David asks her if she still doesn't feel right about doing it.  Amy assures him she'll do whatever he wants. It's not what I want, says David, but what HE--Quentin--wants-do you understand? Yes, she says. They don't want to anger him, so they must go through with it. The children pick up the box and leave the disturbed plot of earth behind.
[/spoiler]

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (David - 'My family has made the two of us very unhappy. They MUST be made to realize that. They MUST pay for what they've done to us') was back on October 10th of 2020, the second (David - 'During the day we MUST attend to something else') was back on February 21st, the third (Liz - 'But there MUST be something we can do for her') was back on October 10th of 2021, and the fourth (David - 'We MUST keep it a secret. You know that, don't you?') was back on February 20th.  Apparently we're only allowed to pick quotes from this ep in February and October, and only within a day of each other in each of those months!  [hall2_grin]

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 16, 2022, 08:31:25 AM »
Today's Dr. Guthrie quote Ep #163 (1967) - Dr. Guthrie - 'What an interesting observation-- we must discuss it sometime.' appears to read exactly like a recent Laura quote. I am wondering if it is a part of a writer's intentional conversational duel between Laura and Dr. Guthrie in the same episode. Surely not coincidental I expect.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 16, 2022, 03:32:02 PM »
As you'll see when I finally catch up to yesterday's and today's quotes, it's definitely not a coincidence that both Laura and Dr. Guthrie spoke the exact same line.  [hall2_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 16, 2022, 03:46:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #587 (1968) - Adam - 'You MUST tell me you are not going to use violence.'

From "Robservations 8/1/02 - #586/587 - Things Come to a Head"
an approaching Adam, who tells him Barn is upset about using Carolyn, but didn't talk him out of it. Barnabas told Adam it would be dangerous, which Nicholas said he would do. He made Adam believe it, but Nick insists that was just a ploy to scare him. No, says Adam, he wants him to wait until he finds Maggie. NO, says Nick, Maggie won't be used--he wants Adam to love this woman, which will only happen if she's like Carolyn. Yet I am not like Barnabas, states Adam. Nicholas says he'll see Carolyn in the mate, just as Adam and Barnabas share certain traits. Adam doesn't feel Barnabas believes they share any characteristics, but Nicholas insists that's only because Barnabas won't admit it. Nicholas asks Adam if he saw Willie, and Adam replies no. Adam wants Nick to tell him how he's going to get Carolyn to cooperate, and, grabbing his arm, insists he not use violence on Carolyn. Of course not, says Nicholas.  Adam wants Carolyn to WANT to be part of the experiment, and Nicholas says he understands that. She must want to do it, says Adam, for HIM, and Nick promises that will happen.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And how amazing is it that Adam can threaten all the violence he wants to get what he wants but he's so concerned that Nicholas not use violence on Carolyn. It's a totally different situation when Carolyn is in the mix. Perhaps he should have remembered that and tried to see things from others points of view. But, well, apparently Adam was incapable of that, mostly thanks to Nicholas' influence...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'Oh, Willie, you MUST be crazy') was back on May 15th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #410 (1796) - Angelique - 'You MUST treat him as your son would wish.'

From "#0409/0410: Robservations 03/22/02: The "V" Word is Spoken"
Later, Ben quietly enters the Old House and Joshua returns to find him there. He curtly tells Ben that Barnabas is dead and accuses him of coming to rob the body. He was my friend, protests Ben, then adds, touchingly, "If you had any love for your son, you'll let me grieve for him." Angelique, coming downstairs, agrees with Ben. Joshua orders her to stay out of it, but Ang insists Joshua must treat Ben as Barnabas would have wished. Joshua asks Ang if she's afraid of being alone with Ben, and she says of course not--they were servants together. Joshua curtly responds, in a delicious diss, "THAT I will NEVER forget!"  He stalks out.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

Joshua's diss is one of his best moments in this storyline. It says so much about him - and Louis Edmonds delivers it expertly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST come to me. At once, Ben. At once!') was back on May 25th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 18, 2022, 02:20:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #224 (1967) - Jason - 'Well, you MUST tell me how you did it sometime.'

From "#0224/0225_0226: Robservations 10/29/01: Barnabas Makes Maggie's Acquaintance"
Barnabas assures McGuire,
and he can deal effectively with Willie and keep him under control.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is also in the period where there's little detail, and as such there's no reference to the quote. However, after Barnabas sends Willie off to "do that job that you have to do" and Willie instantly leaves to do so, Jason remarks that there been quite a change in Willie because he was never the kind to be an errand runner. But Barnabas counters that with, "Willie is now an errand runner." This surprises Jason, to which Barnabas offers, "There are a lot of things about Willie that would surprise you." Jason asks how Barnabas managed it and Barnabas simply says he found a way. And after that is when Jason delivers the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST be very proud of her') was back on September 14th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 19, 2022, 03:22:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's and Sunday's entries in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #163 (1967) - Laura - 'What an interesting observation-- we MUST discuss it sometime.'
Sunday's quote:
Ep #163 (1967) - Dr. Guthrie - 'What an interesting observation-- we MUST discuss it sometime.'

From "#0162/0163: Robservations 09/13/01: Laura's Portrait Reappears"
I am always sorry when someone is ill, Doctor, she says, aren't you? And such a strange illness, he says--what do you make of it. I'll leave making anything out of it to you, she says, after all, that's your business. I've never seen anything like it--not in this world, he says. Are there any other worlds? She asks. There might be, he replies. What an interesting observation, she says--we must discuss it sometime. Haven't you ever considered the possibilities of another world? he asks. (another soap, now defunct.) Let me put it this way, she says, I feel that the possibilities of things in this world are so infinite that it's difficult to conceive of another. What an interesting observation, he says, grinning--we must discuss it sometime. Are you going to be around long enough for us to have our...discussions? she asks. That depends on how soon I get to the bottom of your sister in law's illness, he says. I wish I could be of some help, she says. You may be, he says, you may very well be. Not if you go looking in other worlds, says Laura, because I am strictly part of this one.
But as you just commented, he points out, the possibilities of THIS world are infinite.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quotes perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 20, 2022, 03:22:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #52 (1966) - Vicki - 'Well, it MUST have fallen off the table.'

From "#0051/0052: Robservations 06/22/01: Dead Man Body Surfing"
Who's in here? asks Vicki, then strides over to the open window and closes it. Must have been the wind, she says with a nervous chuckle. Carolyn spots something on the floor--a book. She picks it up and drops it, and they both hear the odd sound they'd heard upstairs. That's it, says Vicki. Yes, it is, agrees Carolyn--but who did it? It must have fallen off the table, says Vicki--she observes the distance from the table to where it was located on the floor and remarks that she guesses it couldn't have gotten all the way over here, though. Not by itself, says Carolyn--now do you believe what I was saying? No, says Vicki, placing the book on the desk--there has to be a logical explanation! Yes, agrees Carolyn. Maybe a cat got in the window and knocked it off, suggests Vicki. In all my life in this house, I have never seen a cat in here, says Carolyn--anyway, a cat couldn't get that book from that table to here--it's very heavy. You're right, says Vicki. So if there isn't a logical explanation, says Carolyn, there's only one other possible explanation, and I don't even like to think about that one--please, let's go back upstairs--I feel a lot safer there--at least we can lock the door. Vicki agrees. She turns off the lamp and they exit the drawing room. The book opens by itself to a page with a bookmark.
The bookmark slides off to reveal a page. JOSETTE COLLINS, it says, Born 1810, died 1834.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

It's amazing how Joshua not only lied about Barnabas going to England, but apparently he somehow managed to have Josette's birth year listed as 15 years after she'd already died!  [hall2_shocked]  Though of course, when it comes to the explanation that Joshua was behind all the discrepancies between what takes place in the 1795/96 storyline and what we were led to believe before it, we're not supposed to think about the discrepancies where that excuse makes little sense. The simple fact is when it came time to do the flashback the show couldn't get costumes for the 1830s so they had to set it during a period they could get costumes for. What's really amazing is how a circumstance like that changed so much...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'Oh Pop, this MUST be the purest atmosphere in the country. Why do you think all those summer people come up here every year?') was back on July 22nd of 2020, and the second (Vicki - 'It MUST have been one of the shutters. The wind's up') was back on January 13th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2022, 02:46:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #750 (1897) - Beth - 'If we're going to go away together, Quentin, we MUST start by being honest with each other.'

From "Robservations 1/2/03 - 750-751 - Quentin's Terror Begins"
"You decided to come with me, eh?" he asks.  Yes, she says, pulling away from him.  You don't sound very enthused, he complains.  Beth turns to look at him, then asks, why do you want me to go with you?  That's obvious, he says, for a long time--"I love you, Beth."  I've been thinking about us since the other night, she says, and if we are going away, you must be honest--you don't want me along because you love me, because I'm not sure you love me--or anyone (wise gal).  Quentin doesn't answer, but turns away from her when he denies what she said.  You want me with you, says Beth, because you're the kind of person who can't ever be alone or do anything alone--people mean nothing to you, you use them and when you're tired and bored, you discard them in favor of new ones.  If that's the way you feel, he asks gently, why have you decided to come with me?  I love you, she says, and care about what happens to you--every instinct tells me not to go, but I'm going anyway.  He takes her in his arms and assures her, you won't regret it, then plants a big kiss on her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Sandor - 'We MUST make plans to leave here after tonight') was back on September 7th of 2020, and the second (Beth - 'I'm sorry, Quentin, but I MUST GO') was back on January 17th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 22, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #543 (1968) - Carolyn - 'You MUST promise me that you'll never try to harm anyone again.'

From "Robservations 6/28/02 - #542/543 Nicholas Warns, Cassandra Plots"
Carolyn returns to Adam, who looks chastened and sad. She sits beside him and says she isn't angry at him, just frightened.  He tried to kill someone. Adam says Harry tried to kill him, lied to him, but Carolyn insists she doesn't care-he shouldn't have done to Harry what he did. Even if he attacked him with a knife, he should have just taken the knife away, not tried to kill Harry. Adam listens.
Killing is wrong, explains Carolyn, under any circumstances. Adam says he understands. Unless he makes the promise not to harm anyone, she will go away. He promises, for her sake.
[/spoiler]

Again, a Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first(Nicholas - 'He will not be destroyed. Adam MUST live') was back on September 23rd of 2020, the second (Cassandra - 'My curse MUST continue') was back on February 10th of 2021, and the third (Carolyn - 'You MUSTN'T harm him') was back on October 9th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #543 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 23, 2022, 03:32:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #232 (1967) - Maggie - 'I MUST be getting better if I slept so well.'

From "#0231/0232: Robservations 11/2/01: Maggie at Odds; Jason Issues a Warning"
Cottage - Joe keeps a vigil at Maggie's bedside, who wakes up at first seemingly glad to find him there.
[/spoiler]

Another Robservations with very little details which doesn't reference the quote. However, after Maggie wakes, surprised to see Joe, she asks what he's doing there and she suddenly fears that she was sleepwalking again. But Joe reassures her she slept most of the night. Relieved, Maggie then asks how long Joe has been there. He replies only a couple of hours, he took over from Sam, who had to go out. And that's when Maggie makes a realization and delivers the quote...