Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118277 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1080 on: February 08, 2022, 07:10:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #230 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUST have told them. You MUST have betrayed me'

From "#0229/0230: Robservations 11/1/01: Connections"
Barnabas grills Willie--how did he know people were coming to search for Maggie, and how did they know where to look?  Willie denies giving them any information, but Barnabas doesn't believe him; he lifts his cane high and brings it down on Willie, who cries out in agony.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations falls into the period where there isn't much detail. However, after Willie denies giving any info about the graveyard, Barnabas says, "You're a bad liar, Willie. You told them." Willie protests, "No, Barnabas, I wouldn't do that." And after that is when Barnabas delivers the quote. Willie denies things again, but Barnabas chastises, "You shouldn't have done that, Willie. That means I going to have to punish you."...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 09, 2022, 11:54:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #137 (1967) - Sam - 'Well, I, uh, thought he was being very clever, but I MUST say you topped him beautifully.'

From "#0136/0137: Robservations 08/23/01: Roger in a Dither"
Evans cottage - We hear a car pull up. Sam and Roger enter the house. I didn't invite him to sit down! Sam argues with Roger. Then why didn't you stand up and walk away? asks Roger, irritated. It would have made me look too suspicious, insists Sam, taking off his coat. It was all very embarrassing, complains Roger. I'm sorry, says Sam, I didn't even know he was there--I thought he was being very clever, but I must say you topped him beautifully. You can save the applause and tell me what it is you brought me here for, says Roger. Well, in the first place, I want to know just where we stand as far as your wife is concerned. It's very simple, says Roger--Laura has no idea of getting involved in any investigation of that accident, says Roger--she has too much to lose--David. That's good, says Sam--then we're in pretty good shape, eh?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 10, 2022, 03:42:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #27 (1966) - Vicki - 'He MUST have snuck into the garage, and found the wrench, and taken the valve from your uncle's car.'

From "#0027/0028: Robservations 06/06/01: A Sundae With David"
"David?" Carolyn asks, stunned. She doesn't believe it. Vicki rises and says she had better... Carolyn interrupts incredulously: "Vicki, you're talking about a kid tampering with the brakes on his own father's, car!" "I know!" Vicki says. "But David," Carolyn counters--"He's only nine years old." Vicki realizes that, but it doesn't change the facts--David must have snuck into the car, found the wrench, took out the valve, and left it on the front seat, just as Devlin found it. "How could you know?" Carolyn persists. "Because David didn't throw the valve away," Vicki explains. "I found it in his dresser drawer less than an hour ago."
[/spoiler]

While phrasing things a bit differently and also combining other lines, the Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 12, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #768 (1897) - Quentin - 'Now, there are answers I MUST know. I can't take my mind off this bullet. I've got to find the person who's planning to kill me--and kill him first.'

From "Robservations 1/15/03 - #768-769 - Dirk Goes After Barnabas"
In Collinwood's drawing room, Quentin comes in, offering the brooding Barnabas a penny for his thoughts.  Jamison's dream, says Barn.  Aren't you disturbed by that silver bullet? Asks Quentin.  I have no explanation for that, says Barnabas.  I believe someone knows what has happened and has joined the hunt, says Q--someone is planning to kill me, and I think you know who it is.
Quentin finds his cousin's silence disturbing.  Don't' jump to conclusions, advises Barn.  Quentin holds up the silver bullet--for a werewolf--and wonders, who knows enough to have one made?--a few names come to mind, and yours is one of them--it's interesting that this bullet was found so soon after you concerned yourself with my situation.  I'm only trying to help you says Barn, probably fed up with his cousin's suspicions by now. Quentin grins--if that's true, he asks, where did the bullet come from--who had it made?  I don't know, says Barn--the bullet wasn't used, so we should put it out of our minds.  Quentin says, you can convince others to trust you--but not me!--there are answers I must know, I can't forget the bullet and must find out who is planning to kill me--and kill that person first.
[/spoiler]

Again, some parts of the quote are phrased a bit differently, but the Robservations references the quote quite well. And note that the Robservations indicates Quentin says "must find out who is planning to kill me" when he actually says "got to find the person who's planning to kill me," another instance where a Robservations indicates the use of "MUST" where no such use is used...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2022, 03:52:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #577 (1968) - Liz - 'I MUST have it then.'

From "Robservations 7/25/02 - Freud, Adam, Liz and Carolyn - #576/577"
Liz admits Tony to her room. He says he's always on call, like a doctor, and she tells him Richard Garner will no longer handle her legal matters. He'll do whatever he can, he promises, and she says she has some strange requests to make of him. She wants to add to her will, she begins. Her coffin is to be in the center of the room, resting on a marble base--no marble around the coffin, however. The coffin will be specially made, including air vents where her head will lie.
Tony, writing her wishes down, comments on her unusual requests. She says he agreed to handle her affairs, so. . .inside the coffin will be a buzzer, which, when she presses it, will release the lid of the coffin and also start a bell ringing in the tower, a bell loud enough to be heard in every room of this house. She's finished. He says he's got it all. She wants him to have the changes made as early in the morning as possible--she must have it then.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 14, 2022, 01:26:30 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #246 (1967) - Carolyn - 'He MUST have some hold over her. But what?'

From "#0245/0246: Robservations 11/14/01:"
Roger comes in and tells the disbelieving pair that it looks like Liz is getting a divorce--so she can marry Jason! Carolyn is certain Jason is holding something over her mother, probably having to do with that mysterious basement room, so she determines to get the key or break in
[/spoiler]

This Robservations also falls into the period where there isn't as mush detail, however, it does reference where and under what circumstances the quote takes place...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 14, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #41 (1966) - Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, I spent it. But I had fun with my money, Liz. I enjoyed it. Can you say the same?'

From "#0041/0042: Robservations 06/15/01: Sam's Torment"
Liz imperiously asks her brother if he thinks Carolyn is really interested in this man, and Roger kindly responds that it's her daughter, her problem--he has his own with his son. "Well at least your problems with David won't be financial ones," Liz says pointedly. "Oh, I see," says Roger disgustedly, "now we're going to discuss what happened to my inheritance!" He wanders to the piano, smiling, then faces her. "Well, if you must know, I spent it, but I had fun with my money, Liz, I enjoyed it--can you say the same?" Liz approaches him. "No I can't," she says, "the difference is, I still have some.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 15, 2022, 03:46:23 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1239 (1841PT) - Kendrick - 'She MUST get out of this house!'

From "#1238/1239: Robservations 01/14/04: Melanie's Mother; Another Death"
Kendrick, are you sure I can't persuade you to change your mind? asks Julia.  Only Melanie could do that, he says--if she sincerely told me she wanted me to stay--but I know she wants to leave Collinwood!  What Melanie wants and what is good for her are two different things! says Julia.  I'm sorry, says Kendrick, I believe they are one and the same--she must get out of this house!--good night.  He leaves.  She sits down, dejected, shaking her head--no one wants to listen to me!
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Brutus' Ghost - 'My curse MUST be fulfilled') was back on August 6th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 16, 2022, 03:26:54 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1121 (1840) - Samantha - 'There MUST have been some way you could have let us know.'

From "#1121/1122: Robservations 09/25/03: A Sticky Domestic Situation"
all you did was think I was dead--and I very nearly was.  I can't believe it, why didn't you write? She asks.  I did, from Brazil, Chili--if the letters didn't get here, you can blame the towns I was passing through, he says.  There must have been some way to let us know, she says.  Not the way I was traveling, he says, no money, no friends--all I could do was try to get through everyday, get enough food for Tad and myself, that's all--there was this one night--I concentrated very hard and tried to reach you--I thought I did--I thought I could make you understand my thoughts.  You always fall back on the occult, says Samantha.  I thought I had reached you, he insists, that you knew--I wanted to believe that so very much
--oh, what are we doing, standing here talking like this?  What else can we do now? she asks.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'You married Gerard. You MUST have a feeling for him') was back on May 11th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 17, 2022, 02:46:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1097 (1970) - Carlie - 'Yes, you're right. I'm sorry. I MUSTN'T forget that.'

From "#1097/1098: Robservations 09/09/03: Barnabas Grills the Kids"
Tad looks around and proclaims, "We're alive!" Yes, says an elated Carrie--Daphne kept her promise, I can't believe it's true!  But it is, says Tad. Where are Daphne and Gerard? asks Carrie.  I don't know, says Tad.  You don't suppose they've gone, do you? asks Carrie, standing, looking around nervously. You do become alarmed so easily, complains Tad. He takes her hands and assures her, Daphne hasn't left us--don't you remember?--she promised she never would. Where is she? asks Carrie--she's our governess, isn't she? You must be more careful than that, warns Tad--she WAS our governess, that was a long, long time ago, in a different life. Yes, you're right, says Carrie, I'm sorry, I mustn't forget that. There are so many things they must get used to, he points out, like these clothes. I'll never get accustomed to these, says Carrie (pointing to her short red dress).
[/spoiler]

And Carlie = Carrie possessing Hallie.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 18, 2022, 05:18:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1000 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'Angelique is dead, but her body remains intact, perfectly preserved--  now, for the sake of her own rest and for our peace of mind, the body MUST be destroyed.'

From "#1000/1001: Robservations 06/27/03: Switched at Death"
Cyrus, Alexis and Quentin gaze down at the body of Angelique Collins, a corpse who REALLY looks as if she's asleep, rather than dead. Astonishing! says Cyrus.  Dead over six months, yet the body is perfectly preserved, says Quentin--it's impossible--how has it happened?--you're a scientist, Cyrus, explain this. There is no scientific explanation, says Cyrus, no chemical explanation for a body this perfectly preserved. You always shared Angelique's fascination for the occult--is it possible she found some way to survive after death? asks Quentin.  I don't know, says Cyrus. Close the coffin, Quentin, says Alexis.  Not yet, he says, we can't simply let this matter drop--Angelique is dead, but her body remains perfectly preserved--for the sake of her rest and our peace of mind, the body must be destroyed. Destroyed? asks Alexis--how?  I'll have it cremated, says Quentin hesitantly. You can't, insists Alexis, it would be wrong! Cyrus agrees--what's happened here is beyond the realm of human understanding, and the only thing to do is destroy the body. Angry, Alexis says, I won't allow it
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 18, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »
Too bad for Alexis that she didn't agree to the cremation when the subject first came up.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 19, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Exactly.  [snow_wink]

The scene at the end of Ep #1000 is one of my absolute favorites on the show!  [thumb]  Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't shown up in this slideshow yet because it certainly qualifies...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 19, 2022, 04:21:23 PM »
One of my favorite scenes as well. It prompted Jonathan Frid to quote a line from the great Jean Kerr: The snake has all the lines. [snow_cheesy] [snow_grin] [snow_cheesy]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 20, 2022, 06:18:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #974 (1970) - Nicholas - 'Now, we MUST work very quickly, Bruno.'

From "Robservations 6/10/03 - #974-975"
Bruno quotes, "Even the pure of heart who say their prayers at night" poem. Nicholas' eyes widen and he grins--the werewolf?--isn't that interesting? I thought that would please you, says Bruno.  I think you might have found a way for him to redeem yourself, says Nicholas--the moon will be full tomorrow night, if we can get Chris here then, we can put his talents to very good use--haven't you begun to wonder how Jeb is managing to stay alive? He won't be alive long, says Bruno--Angelique is seeing to that. I don't want her to see to it! protests Nicholas angrily--I want to get him!--I believe his marriage to Carolyn is providing Jeb with the will to live, and if anything happened to her, Jeb would lose that, right? Yes, agrees Bruno. We must move quickly, says Nicholas--my mission here has been a failure (again?) and if I can dispose of Jeb, I'll have salvaged something--if Angelique gets him first, it's all over for me.  He gives Bruno his instructions...
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...