Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118297 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1755 on: November 02, 2023, 06:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1222 (1841PT[-1967]) - Kendrick - 'Melanie, why are you crying, you MUST tell me.'

From "#1222/1223: Robservations 12/24/03: Morgan is Possessed"
Where can he be? wonders Kendrick, frustrated, smacking his fist into his other hand--I've gone this far, I've got to find out--for Stella's sake!--he killed my sister and he must pay for it!  He didn't kill her! says Melanie.  What are you saying? asks Kendrick  He didn't, she says, I just know it.  Kendrick pulls her around to face him, demanding, "If Gabriel didn't do it, then who did?"  I don't know, says Melanie, growing upset, but someone else, not Gabriel!  Kendrick stares at her.  Why are you crying, you must tell me, says Kendrick.  It would take so long to list all the reasons, she says, and goes into his arms.  I'm willing to listen, he assures her, no matter how long it takes.
You are so good to me, she murmurs against his shoulder, so understanding.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is not only the second quote from this ep but the second from this scene. The first (Kendrick - 'Is Gabriel in the house or near the house? I MUST know') was back on May 12th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 03, 2023, 05:34:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #876 (1897) - Aristede - 'He MUST be angry about the way I ran away. Isn't he?'

From "Robservations 4/3/03 - #876-877 - Garth's World"
Have you seen His Excellency? asks Aristede--he must be angry about the way I ran away, isn't he? You're wasting your time, says Tate--you can go grovel at the feet of your master--maybe he'll take you back--then again, maybe he won't!  Afraid, Aristede asks--you go see Petofi and tell him I'm back, explain why I ran away--once you explain why, I'm sure he'll understand. Then why not explain yourself? asks Tate. I can't face him, protests Aristede--please do me this favor, you won't regret it. I have my own problems, says Tate--I'll see to it you're fed and get some nice clothes--and you do need all that--but as far as getting you together with Petofi and making things up, I draw the line.  Tate opens his door--good night, Aristede.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 04, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »
I forgot to mention yesterday that apparently it wasn't just DS actresses Roger Davis couldn't keep his hands off of because the hand seen on Michael Stroka's shoulder in the capture for the above quote -

- is indeed RD's...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 05, 2023, 04:50:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #67 (1966) - Mrs. Johnson - 'Well, it MUST have been a man. Mr. Malloy was shouting. You had to hear even without listening.'

From "#0067/0068: Robservations 07/09/01: Enter Mrs. Johnson!"
All I know for sure is what the doctor told me, says Patterson, that the death coincided with the time on his watch--and it stopped 10:45. That was right after I left the house, murmurs Sarah. Now, about the time, says Patterson, you said that Bill received a phone call at 10:30--do you have any idea who that was from? Not the slightest, she says. Nothing he said gave you any hint as to whether it was a man or a woman? asks the sheriff. I'm not in the habit of eavesdropping, George, she says. I didn't mean that, he says, chastened. How did you expect me to hear anything, then? she asks. I guess I didn't, he says. Must have been a man, says Sarah--Mr. Malloy was shouting, you could hear even without listening.

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 06, 2023, 09:26:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #149 (1967) - Roger - 'It means that we're seeing the total representation of David's dream. But I MUST know how it was completed!'

From "#0148/0149: Robservations 09/04/01: Protecting David From Laura"
Vicki runs down, painting in one hand--the painting, look at it! she cries, holding it up--it's finished. She balances it on the foyer table. I knew it! says Sam--I knew it! Look, says Carolyn. It's unmistakably David, says Roger. It was just hanging there on the wall with a strange glow of light around it! says Vicki.
What does this mean? Roger demands of Sam. I don't know, says Sam. I saw this painting earlier this morning, says Roger, and it wasn't completed. Sam touches the painting. It's dry! he proclaims. (how he could tell through those thick bandages is beyond me.) What about it? asks Roger. The painting is dry--you couldn't have seen this empty space this morning, insists Sam. I saw it empty, says Vicki. It's oil, says Sam--it takes days for that to dry! How do you explain it? asks Roger, taking the painting into his hands and heading into the drawing room. I can't--I don't know what to say, says Sam. You must know something, says Roger, setting up the painting on a chair--you didn't just come here by coincidence! Sam stares at the painting. I don't know what it was, he says, I only knew the painting was finished--all day, I could see it going through my mind, see the empty space, see the lines coming in, I could see a face, but I couldn't make it out. Why is David's face in it? asks Vicki. What does that mean? asks Carolyn. It means that we're seeing the total representation of David's dream, says Roger--but I must know how it was completed! I can tell you how, says Sam, the power that started me on it, finished it! What power are you talking about? asks Roger. I don't know, says Sam. You don't know, you don't know, that's all you seem to say, rants Roger, there's got to be an explanation, do you hear, and I mean to get it! Sorry, says Sam, I can't think of any explanation except...weird sensations, that I was being used--to say something, to communicate. Who would be using you? asks Roger. I don't know, says Sam. When I was in David's room, says Vicki, I sensed something very strange, as though someone had been in there. What do you mean? asks Roger. There was a specific perfume in that room, says Vicki--jasmine. What about it? asks Roger. Mrs. Stoddard doesn't use it, says Vicki. I don't, either, adds Carolyn. Mrs. Johnson could hardly use it, remarks Roger (LOL!). It's not Mrs. Collins', either, says Vicki. That takes care of everyone, says Roger, who could be using it. I smelled that perfume once before,, says Vicki, when I was in the Old House, just after Josette Collins appeared to me. Roger harrumphs. Really, Vicki, you're as preposterous as Evans, complains Roger, I've had about as much of this painting as I can stand.

The funny thing is that even if Vicki said she'd actually witnessed Josette's Ghost complete the painting rather than Vicki simply having deduced it (correctly), we all know Roger still wouldn't have believed it.  [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 07, 2023, 01:10:00 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #250 (1967) - Maggie - 'My name. My name. I MUST remember my name.'

From "#0249/0250: Robservations 11/16/01: Maggie Fakes It"
Sitting at the dressing table in Josette's room, gazing at her reflection, Maggie forced herself to remember just who she is--Maggie Evans, not Josette, daughter of Sam, and even though the sound of the accidentally-opened music box deterred her for a few moments, she kept her resolve firm.

This is another Robservations with little detail so the quote isn't referenced at all. But it comes up when Maggie regains her resolve to remember who she really is...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 07, 2023, 03:28:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #396 (1796) - Angelique - 'MUST we live in this house after we're married?'

From "0395/0396: Robservations 03/13/02: The Bride Wore A Filthy White Gown"
Angelique realizes she has lost control over Jeremiah's ghost, and when he menaces her, causing her to cower against one of the pillars in the Old House drawing room, she orders him to leave her alone and not return until summoned.  Barnabas returns to find her trembling, terrified, but she insists nothing is wrong.  She tearfully asks if they have to live in the Old House--perhaps, given all the bad stuff that has happened, it would be better to start out somewhere else? That would make them appear ungrateful for Naomi's gift, protests Barnabas. She denies being afraid, but clearly is.

While not doing so directly, the Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 08, 2023, 12:36:30 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #505 (1968) - Barnabas - 'Apparently, Willie mentioned my name several times. That MUST be the reason that he picked it up.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
This whole business stinks to high heaven, opines the sheriff (love it!), and no one is above suspicion, including Barnabas. Barnabas asks what connection he could have with a vagrant, which is what he believes the man to be. The sheriff doesn't know anything but what he feels, and he won't let up on Barnabas until he tells him everything he knows. Barnabas feels he's making a big deal about nothing. The man kidnapped a member of your family, the sheriff says, but Barnabas says he believes Carolyn is quite safe. How do you know that? asks the sheriff, and Barnabas says it was something Willie told him. Ah, now we're getting somewhere, exults the sheriff. Not that Willie knows the man, says Barnabas, but the man did come to the house several days ago, looking for food. Willie felt sorry for the man and gave it to him. The man couldn't speak at all, and didn't understand what Willie said. Willie did mention Barnabas' name several times, which could explain how he knew that name. What did Willie say to reassure him that Carolyn is still alive? Asks the sheriff. The man seemed gentle, said Willie, but the sheriff points out all the opposing facts-the kidnapped woman, wrecked jail cell and broken-necked deputy--why didn't Barnabas come to him in the beginning? Barnabas explains that he feared being implicated somehow. The sheriff still isn't convinced he's not.

Again, while not doing so directly, the Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 08, 2023, 04:56:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #646 (1968) - David - 'We MUST do what he wants, Beth.'

From 'Robservations 9/13/02 #645/646 - The Kids "Play" With Roger'
they have much to do. Amy agrees. He asks what's wrong. I wonder if we will do what HE wants.
We must, says David

The Robservations only partly references the quote...

And this quote sets another bigger again because it's the sixth time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow, joining Eps #66, #384, #449, #727 & #993!! The first (David - 'My family has made the two of us very unhappy. They MUST be made to realize that. They MUST pay for what they've done to us') was back on October 10th of 2020, the second (David - 'During the day we MUST attend to something else') was back on February 21st, the third (Liz - 'But there MUST be something we can do for her') was back on October 10th of 2021, the fourth (David - 'We MUST keep it a secret. You know that, don't you?') was back on February 20th of 2022, and the fifth (David - 'Then we MUST go through with it') was back on October 11th of 2022.

And this quote shatters the notion that apparently we were only allowed to pick quotes from this ep in February and October - obviously it's November.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 09, 2023, 06:28:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #746 (1897) - Jenny - 'I MUST tell him myself. Yes. Before anyone else does.'

From "Robservations 12/19/02 - #746/747 - Lovers Caught By a Crazed Wife"
From Josette's room, Jenny looks out the window and spies Quentin leaving.  She tries to open the window, growing more and more hysterical, and calls to him, "I'm here, Quentin, come back!"  She tries the locked door, but can't get it open.  Magda races to the door and starts to unlock it.   Jenny accuses her, you told Quentin I'm dead, you let him go--I hate you!  Magda opens the door and holds her sobbing, hysterical sister.  Jenny falls onto the bed and tells Magda, I only want to see him.  Magda promises her Quentin will come back, which comforts Jenny. "Then I can tell him," murmurs Jenny--"There's so much he doesn't know, he couldn't know--I must tell him myself, before anybody else does, then he will love me, he will, I know. . ."

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Magda - 'You MUST release Sandor from whatever spell you have him under') was back on July 7th of 2020, and the second (Magda - 'She MUST have opened that door. It could only have been her') was back on September 22nd, and the third (Judith - 'She would kill us all. I'm afraid we MUST face the public scandal. She MUST be sent to an institution this night'') was back on September 25th. So that all means that Ep #746 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111 & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 10, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #906 (1969) - Megan - 'Alex, Alex please, you MUST tell me what is bothering you. Please, please, I MUST know so I can know what to do for you.'

From "Robservations 4/23/03 - #905/906 - The Obnoxious Alex; Is Grant Really Quentin?"
I'm afraid, he says. Of what? she asks, scared. I'm beginning to feel so alone! Says Alex. Tell me what's wrong, begs Megan, sounding irrational as she touches and paws him--what's bothering you, I must know so I can know what to do for you!  (there's a healthy mama)"

The Robservations references most of the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Paul - 'They MUST be very anxious to get rid of me') was back on September 8th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 11, 2023, 03:28:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1004 (1970PT) - Angelexis - 'You MUST come here. I need your help. You were right about Dameon Edwards.'

From "#1004/1005: Robservations 07/01/03:"
Hannah answers the phone and assures Angelique, I took care of "it" without problems, but we must be very careful. Angelique interrupts her and says, I don't want to hear about it--you must come to me, I need your help--I was right about Dameon Edwards. Hannah, clearly frazzled, says, I can't do anything about Dameon, his spirit is too powerful. You can do nothing, but I can, Angelique assures her. Then do it, says Hannah. And expose myself? asks Angelique--oh, no--even Bruno accepts me now--I don't plan to take any chances--they will think you exorcised the ghost--I will do it through you.

The Robservations references most of the quote well, though why it indicates that Angelexis says she was right about Dameon Edwards when she actually says Hannah was right is anyone's guess.  [hall2_rolleyes]  Also, Hannah doesn't say they "must" be very careful - Angelexis interrupts her before she get's much of anything out...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Hannah - 'I will do this thing because I MUST!') was back on April 26th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 12, 2023, 05:54:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1076 (1970) - Julia - 'What? Oh, Quentin. I MUST'VE fallen asleep.'

From "#1076/1077: Robservations - 08/22/03: Quentin Besotted"
6 AM - Collinwood - Quentin comes downstairs and goes into the drawing room. Julia, who has fallen asleep in the chair, awakens. Joyfully, he says, it's over, the sun's up, it's morning. Julia is all set to go upstairs and check the children, but Quentin assures her, I've already been up there, and they are sound asleep-apparently, everything is all right. Thank heaven, says Julia gratefully. Collinwood never looked more at peace than last night, says Q. Perhaps something happened we don't know about, says Julia. Consider one other thing, says Quentin, Carolyn's cryptic warning about the night of the sun and the moon-perhaps it meant nothing at all. It was the last thing she did before she died, Julia reminds him-she wrote those clues. You said yourself Carolyn was mad, Q reminds her-perhaps the warnings of disaster came from that madness. Perhaps, agrees Julia, but there's one important thing we can't let out of our sight-this room was in ruins-the whole house was in ruins, everybody was gone except you and Carolyn, and you were both insane-I saw it, it was horrible-perhaps those clues aren't really clues, and we won't get anywhere with them, but we've got to try to prevent that total disaster and those clues are our only guide. Concerned, she leaves the drawing room. Quentin, grim-faced, watches her go.

Surprisingly enough the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, as is pretty easy to deduce, it comes up right after Julia awakens and sees Quentin...

And speaking of Quentin, he's apparently a better man than I and obviously a morning person to be up and completely dressed at 6AM. I have never been up and dressed at that early hour unless I absolutely had to be - more often than not I'm still in dreamland - and only more so since I've retired.  [hall2_wink]  The idea of being up and completely dressed at 6AM as quite possibly a normal and every day practice is a completely foreign concept to me and one I'm never about to adopt!!  [hall2_rolleyes]  But then I'm certainly not a morning person - I'm definitely a night person.  [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 13, 2023, 07:10:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1127 (1840) - Quentin - 'It's impossible, Desmond. A severed head can't live. And a body buried over 200 years MUST decompose.'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Pacing, Desmond tells Quentin, "Poor Tim Braithwaite--his body was ripped from his head" (he means the other way around, I'm sure)--I know what happened and what caused it--Quentin, the body has somehow found the head.  Quentin nods--Judah Zachary, he says.  He's alive again, says Desmond.  Quentin shakes his head, saying it's impossible--a severed head can't live--and a body buried 200 years ago must decompose.  I came to you because you have an interest in these things, says Desmond desperately, you accept the fact of unexplainable happenings

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly. Though Quentin would seem to have gotten his math wrong because the time between 1692, when Judah Zachery was beheaded, and 1840 is not 200 years - it's slightly less than 150...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Desmond - 'If I destroy The Head, the body is bound to die. I MUST do it before they are reunited!') was back on December 12th of 2020, the second (Samantha - 'Yes. I know with whom I MUST spend the rest of my life') was back on July 21st of 2021, and the third (Desmond - 'But you MUST tell me if you have it. Please, don't lie to me') was back on September 11th. So that all means that Ep #1127 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111 & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 14, 2023, 03:00:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1205 (1841PT) - Catherine - 'I've just been at home alone. And I was thinking about you-- thinking what you're going through, what you MUST continue to go through and I thought to myself: Morgan needs me.'

From "#1205/1206: Robservations 12/12/03: Wedding Interruptus"
Looking at her eager, anxious face, Morgan is thrilled--do you really mean it--tonight?  Yes, she says, from my heart--she hugs him again.  Oh my darling, of course we can be married tonight, he assures her--we've had the license for days!--forgive me, I hope you don't mind me asking this--is there anything wrong?--for the reason you suddenly came here this evening?  Nothing, she says evasively, I've just been home, alone, and I was thinking about you--about what you're going through, what you must continue to go through, and I thought to myself Morgan needs me

The Robservations references the quote well.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Morgan - 'Well you MUST let her out!') was back on May 22nd of 2021.