Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118273 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1455 on: February 01, 2023, 12:12:18 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #725 (1897) - Judith - 'What am I going to do? If he comes downstairs, he'll see him. This MUST not be known.'

From "Robservations 11/13/02 - #724/725 - Zombie Quentin and Reverend Trask"
Barnabas returns with the zombie Quentin. Judith says they can't come in. We must, insists Barn. She tells him about their unexpected visitor. There's a small pulsebeat, Barnabas tells her, their noses nearly touching--Quentin must be near Jamison. He's with the visitor, protests Judith. "Are you willing to let him die again?" demands Barn. She relents. She moves out of the way and Barnabas leads Quentin into the foyer, then the drawing room. Judith closes the double doors, saying, I can't bear to look at them--"Can he hear us?" Barnabas doesn't know. What will I do, frets Judith?--if he comes downstairs, he'll see Quentin!--this can't be known! Barnabas tells her that he's learned that nothing can be known for sure. This must be kept secret, she insists. Barnabas re minds her this isn't Quentin's fault.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases much of the quote, including using "can't" instead of "must not"...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 01, 2023, 03:24:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #240 (1967) - David - 'Well it MUST'VE been her because when I started to go back towards the house the door opened automatically, all by itself, and it MUST'VE been Josette who did it.'

From "#0239/0240: Robservations 11/8/01:"
Barnabas comes across David in Josette's room and maintains his cool beautifully. He works on the kid a little, trying to convince him Josette is a fantasy (take a dose of your own medicine, Barn!), and is understandably upset to learn his cousin has been looking through his windows where he might catch a glimpse of his kidnapped houseguest.
He assures David it was no spirit that admitted him, but the capriciously-behaving front door of the Old House. Barnabas insists David give the portrait a good look, and the child admits that Josette isn't there.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is once again in the period where there's little detail and the quote isn't referenced at all - though the circumstances under which the quote is delivered is referenced...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2023, 04:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #726 (1897) - Gregory - 'Sir, MUST I ask you to remember that you are speaking of your own sister.'

From "Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity"
Quentin awakens, smiling. A family conference, about time, I should say, he says--did you find "her" and lock her up? he asks Judith. Trask pushes him back down on the sofa, discouraging too much activity. Quentin asks Judith who this is--some new flunky? "You owe Reverend Trask a great deal," she says. Quentin chuckles. "Have you told him I never pay my debts?--I thought Trask a doctor--didn't anyone send for one, I've been stabbed! Barnabas assures him that time has healed his wounds considerably. Quentin thinks it just happened, in the cottage, but Barnabas tells him Dirk and I found you. Trask says he wasn't aware there had been an attempted murder and doesn't want to discuss it in front of the boy. Jamison demands to know who stabbed his uncle--was it you? he demands of his aunt--but Quentin assures him she wouldn't have the courage--she would only wish it done. Trask reminds him he's speaking of his own sister. Judith tells Jamison not to listen to his uncle. Quentin wants an explanation, but Trask insists that take place in another room. Quentin asks Judith if she's sure she's still in charge of this house, and tells his sister they have much to discuss, later. Barnabas and Quentin leave the room.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well but not perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gregory - 'You MUST be saved!') was back on April 4th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 04, 2023, 12:08:04 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1183 (1841) - Joanna - 'We MUST find out. We, I said we--for so long now, I've only said I MUST do this, I MUST do that--but now that I'm with you, I said we.'

From "#1183/1184: Robservations 11/25/03: Another Witchcraftian Death"
Jail - Quentin, says Joanna, Daphne showed me one of the notes she's been receiving--"It wasn't my handwriting, so I don't know if it was mine, I didn't write it--do you know who could have done it?"  I couldn't prove it, at least not now, Quentin says.  We must find out, she says--we, I said we--for so long now, I've said I must do this, I must do that--now that I'm with you, I say we.  He starts to say something.  Joanna shows him her locket.  Did you see this? she asks--I've been wearing it in the hospital--everything else is gone, it just disappeared--do you know when you gave it to me?  Yes, I remember, he says, reluctantly.  It was at my birthday, she says, grinning, you said next year, at my next birthday, I would be Mrs. Quentin Collins, living at Collinwood--next year, everything would be different.  Yeah, says Quentin, pacing the cell, not knowing what to say to her remembrances.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations omits one word and gets another wrong, but for the most part it references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Judard - 'Daphne, you MUST marry me') was back on September 19th of 2020, and the second (Judard - 'The first thing you MUST do is realize you don't know all my plans. I have reasons for everything I do') was back on June 1st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2023, 04:36:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1058 (1970PT) - Roxanne - 'All Right. I will try. But you MUST NOT expect too much.'

From "#1058/1059: Robservations 08/11/03: Stokes on the Warpath"
There's something I want you to do for us, he says, you have certain powers, psychic powers. She seems upset at his mentioning this. Stokes told Julia that you did, says Barnabas-that is why... That is why Claude North was interested in me, she says resentfully. Will you use them for us? he asks. I don't like to use them, she says, turning away from him. Do they frighten you? he asks. Oh, you know even that, she murmurs, pleased. We have a woman named Julia Hoffman, he says, we don't know if she's dead or alive-if she's alive, we want you to tell us where--will you do that? Oh, Barnabas, she says, unsure. You must not be afraid, he says. Right--I will try, she promises, but you must not expect too much. I have faith in you, he says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations omits one word but otherwise references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 05, 2023, 04:00:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #979 (1970) - Nicholas - 'Well, we shall have to be careful about planning this because it MUST be turned on her.'

From "Robservations 6/12/03 - #978-979 - Barnabas Turns to Ang; Widows' Hill Again"
Will you make the shadow disappear? asks Jeb. That is the only way it will end, says Nicholas, but I have someone in mind who interferes with me constantly, and I don't like that. He hands Jeb a drink and asks, who'd ever have thought we'd be allies again--to new and bigger projects, he toasts. Whatever they may be, adds Jeb, smiling. They both down their drinks. Do you have the paper Angelique used to create the shadow? queries Nicholas. Yes, at Collinwood, says Jeb. Nicholas takes out his gold cigarette holder and says, the shadow must be turned on her, and it will be a very difficult thing to do. He shines the light in Jeb's eyes as he speaks. I'll do it, says Jeb, staring at the cigarette case, then away. Look at me, commands Nicholas--keep looking...
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references only part of the quote...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Nicholas - 'You MUST revenge this--Jeb Hawkes MUST die!') was back on May 18th of 2020, the second (Jeb - 'We MUST LEAVE here. We MUST') was back on January 18th of 2021, and the third (Roger - 'Somehow we MUST discover the secret to this room'), which is part of the 1970PT storyline, was back on July 19th. So that all means that Ep #479 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #742, #883, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111 and #1197. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #712 (1897) - Edward - 'Your legend hardly sounds likely enough to frighten a young lady into fainting. It MUST have been something else.'

From "Robservations 11/4/02 - #712/713 - Angelique Toys With Barnabas"
Edward doubts the legend Barnabas related could have scared Rachel into fainting. It must be something else. Perhaps, says Barn. He asks Edward about Rachel's background. She's well-educated, her references are quite good and she managed herself nicely during the interview. What about her childhood or family? Edward doubts those things caused her fainting spell. Barnabas agrees
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrase the quote...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'I really MUST. I make a habit of keeping my word') was back on March 26th, and the second (Rachel - 'There MUST be something wrong with me') was back on September 17th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 07, 2023, 04:30:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #639 (1968) - Amy - 'It's bigger than any house I've ever seen. It MUST have a hundred rooms.'

From "Robservations 9/10/02 - #639/640 - Ghosts and Werewolves, Oh My!"
if she isn't afraid, he'll be going, he says, but she asks him to stick around and talk. They sit by the fire. Amy asks what it's like living at Collinwood. Like any other place, he says. She remarks on how huge the house is. David says no one has ever counted the rooms--there's a whole wing, the west wing, closed off all the time--I don't want to tell you why, it will keep you awake (isn't he cute?) She guesses it's haunted, and bets he's never been to the west wing. I sure have, he insists. Is it true it's haunted? She asks.  Maybe, says David.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references when the quote comes up...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'Amy, you MUST realize that I am responsible for you') was back on September 6th, and the second (Julia - 'If you saw it, Mrs. Stoddard, there MUST be some explanation for it') was back on December 21st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 08, 2023, 03:56:31 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #651 (1968) - Liz - 'You're very young. You MUST think about living, not about death.'

From "Robservations 9/18/02 - #651-652/3 - Liz & Death; Joe vs. Werewolf"
Liz stands before the mausoleum. The tomb is ready--and *I* am ready, she thinks to herself--there is no reason to wait any longer. She walks toward the mausoleum. Amy stops her, asking what she's doing here all alone. Liz turns to face her, speechless, in the foggy cemetery. Amy wants an answer. Liz tells her you shouldn't have come here. I saw you weren't feeling well, she explains, I wanted to help. No one can help, says Liz--you're very young, you must think about living, not death.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 09, 2023, 04:32:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #348 (1967) - Sarah - 'David MUST'VE given you that.'

From "#0347/0348: Robservations 02/07/02: Quick Treatment = Disaster"
Carolyn, dusting her room, is holding the soldier when she hears Sarah's flute--then the ghost girl herself appears! Sarah begs them not to send David away; she'll be lonely!
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is another that has little detail and as such doesn't reference the quote at all. However, the circumstances surrounding the quote are that as Carolyn dusts her room she hears London Bridge. She gazes at the toy soldier, and suddenly a little girl's voice delivers the quote. Carolyn turns to see the girl behind her and correctly identifies her as Sarah. She asks how Sarah got in and Sarah explains that she's a ghost. She then begs Carolyn not to send David away, because then she'll have nobody to play with....

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 10, 2023, 05:02:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #180 (1967) - Caretaker - 'The dead don't like to be disturbed-- they don't like strangers walking on their graves-- they might get angry-- you MUST be very, very careful.'

From "#0180/0181: Robservations 09/26/01: David Radcliffe's Fate"
Frank looks after him oddly. I know what you're thinking, Pete, he says to Guthrie. We'll discuss it outside, says Peter--are you with me? I don't know, says Frank. We've gone this far, we can't stop now, insists Peter--Mrs. Stoddard's life may depend on what we're able to find out. All right, maybe I'm crazy, says Frank, but I'm with you. Good--let's go then, says Peter. The men file out of the crypt. You're going now? asks the caretaker--you're going to leave me? Yes, but we'll be back, promises Peter--we'll put the coffin back to where it belongs. You're going to her--Laura Murdoch Radcliffe, aren't you? asks the caretaker. That's right, says Peter. Be very careful, cautions the old man--the dead don't like to be disturbed--they don't like strangers walking on their graves--they might get angry--you must be very, very careful. I will, Peter assures him. You promise to come back? asks the caretaker. Peter promises, and they leave
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote perfectly...

... And considering the caretaker is only in 23 eps, it's quite interesting that he already has 7 quotes in this slideshow - and even more may be possible...

He racked up his 8th with this one - and even more are probably still possible...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 11, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #50 (1966) - Carolyn - 'The stupid strap MUST have broken.'

From "#0049/0050: Robservations 06/21/01: Where's Bill?"
I didn't write it! he hurls back at her--it was the widow! He goes into his room. Vicki returns to her own room and tells Carolyn, "That's all I needed tonight." Little David, says Carolyn--I still don't see how you stand all of it. Easy, says Vicki, finishing the job David started, just stay away from the edge of the cliff. Talking about the cliff, says Carolyn, did you see my wristwatch in the drawing room before you left? No, says Vicki. That's just great, says Carolyn--the stupid strap must have broken--I didn't even miss it until I was ready to go to bed--it could be anywhere! Maybe one of the widows took it, jokes Vicki, smiling. Maybe I'll just have to go right back out there and find it, insists Carolyn. Tonight? asks Vicki. Carolyn nods. Why can't you get it in the morning, asks Vicki. Because if it is there, says Carolyn, the ocean air will ruin it. Happy hunting, says Vicki. Carolyn asks if she'll go with her. Why, are you nervous? asks Vicki. Tonight, yes, says Carolyn--I suppose I am.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote perfectly...

However, something that's definitely not perfect is the impression it gives that we see David go into his room and that Vicki leaves hers while he does so, but neither takes place. All we see is David leave Vicki's room and she never leaves hers so there's no need for her to return...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (David - 'I went down to TELL Aunt Elizabeth and they MUST have come in here') was back on June 28th of 2020, and the second (David - 'It was the Widows. It MUST have been the Widows!') was back on December 1st of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2023, 04:22:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #807 (1897) - Jamitofi - 'You MUST begin by taking us there, in the light of this day.'

From "Robservations 2/12/03 - #807-808 - Women in Peril"
she can be trusted now--she's seen the light--fascinating what a little kiss will do, isn't it? asks Jamison.  Oh, I see, says Aristede, patting Magda's head, "Our gypsy friend is about to have her moment of truth."  "I warned you that your time would come, Magda," says Jamison--  "It's coming now, you should see the horrible true self."  Vacantly, Magda says, "I don't want to."  "But you do," says Jamison, "and you're going to tell me all about it--I'm waiting, Magda."  She says, "I am the cause of all the tragedy at Collinwood, all the pain and suffering and death, the unchaining of Barnabas, the death of Jenny, the curse on Quentin, the murder of my poor Sandor, and Julianka, I was the cause of it all.  I must be punished for it, I must be punished!"  No, says Jamison, nothing at all would come out of your being punished--"We're going to help you end this tragedy, you must do that, you know, don't you?"  I do, she says, but what can I do?
You can begin by taking us to our most formidable enemy, Mr. Barnabas Collins--we know what he is, how he lives at night and sleeps during the day in his coffin.  He moves her face, forcing her to look at him.  "You were his ally, and he told you where his coffin is, didn't he?"  Yes, she says.  You must begin by taking us there, says Jamison, in the light of day.  Aristede listens eagerly.  Yes, I will take you, says Magda.  Jamison orders Aristede, help the lady up.  The three of them leave the cell.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of skipping the word "this," the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And of course Jamitofi = Jamison possessed by Petofi...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 13, 2023, 06:24:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #490 (1968) - Mrs. Johnson - 'No, I MUST come in.'

From "#0489/0490: Robservations 05/20/02: If Both Live..."
Barnabas tries to order Mrs. Johnson back to Collinwood, but Julia insists that she must speak to her--I'll never make it, Julia sobs--if you want the experiment to succeed, she tells her, I must clear my mind of this dream!
[/spoiler]

Even though this Robservations isn't part of the period where there's little detail, it doesn't reference the quote at all. However, the quote comes up while Barnabas is trying to persuade Mrs. Johnson to go back to Collinwood...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 14, 2023, 04:24:01 PM »

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #353 (1967) - Julia - 'I can handle Vicki. It's Carolyn I MUST watch and fear.'

From "#0353/0354: Robservations 02/12/02: Carolyn Stoddard, Spy"
When Vicki leaves to check David, Carolyn mentions what an odd coincidence, Vicki dreaming about taking a walk--but strangely, she doesn't remember taking a walk for real with Julia.
Julia thinks Carolyn is being hostile towards her, but the blonde assures her they're on the same side. "She suspects me," Julia thinks to herself. If Carolyn learns the truth, she'll tell Barnabas, so she'd better watch out--watch and fear.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is part of the period where there's little detail and, thus, doesn't reference the quote directly. However, it does reference the circumstances under which the quote takes place...