Author Topic: Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity  (Read 2332 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
726 - (David Selby) - Collinwood. The year is 1897. Barnabas Collins must end a curse which started here in the past. And on this night, he waits while a man who resembles a long-dead enemy attempts to draw a man's spirit from a possessed child and place it in the cold dead body where it belongs.

Judith pulls Barnabas' hands off the doorknobs and orders him not to go into that room--do as Trask says! Barnabas asks, do you thinks I am in league with the devil, too? No, she says, but he doesn't believe her. Give Trask a chance, says Judith. Barn says, I find it hard to believe any church would claim him, and his church is some obscure sect that he himself founded. She accuses him of having an awful lot of opinions for someone who's only been in the country a short time. With only a few hours, retorts Barn, I couldn't comprehend the idiocy of how a praying bigot could turn a zombie into a man. Do you prefer witchcraft? asks Judith, and they look at the door.

Take his hand, says Trask, and place it in yours. Jamison takes Quentin's hand in his. Trask says the spirit will go from that hand into his body, a force will make the transfer happen. Jamison abruptly collapses. Trask kneels and asks, God, help me now--let the devils within him return to the body where they belong--he cannot do it alone--give this poor, fallen lamb the strength to purge himself. Give him the strength. Both Jamison and Quentin stir, reacting to his words.

The clock strikes. Barnabas asks Judith if we've given "your" reverend enough time. Why do you keep pressing me? she asks. Because I care of the affect this is having on Jamison, insists Barn. Would I let him go through all this if I didn't care? she demands. Your devotion is misguided, says Barn. Judith becomes angry with him. Grandmother saw fit to make me head of the family, Judith reminds him. What would she say if she knew what was going on in that room? Barn asks. I'm glad she doesn't know, admits Judith. Barn asks if Edith would approve of Trask. At that moment, the Reverend himself opens the doors. "Well, Trask, have you failed?" Barn asks. Trask invites them in. Jamison is himself. Judith kneels, delighted. The boy is puzzled by her attention, wondering why he shouldn't be all right. As for Quentin, he's just taking a nap, he had too much after dinner brandy. "Well, Mr. Collins?" asks Trask. Barnabas reluctantly congratulates him--on a job half done. Barnabas! cries Judith in protest. Trask hopes that Barnabas will now believe in the power of prayer. Quentin awakens, smiling. A family conference, about time, I should say, he says--did you find "her" and lock her up? he asks Judith. Trask pushes him back down on the sofa, discouraging too much activity. Quentin asks Judith who this is--some new flunky? "You owe Reverend Trask a great deal," she says. Quentin chuckles. "Have you told him I never pay my debts?--I thought Trask a doctor--didn't anyone send for one, I've been stabbed! Barnabas assures him that time has healed his wounds considerably. Quentin thinks it just happened, in the cottage, but Barnabas tells him Dirk and I found you. Trask says he wasn't aware there had been an attempted murder and doesn't want to discuss it in front of the boy. Jamison demands to know who stabbed his uncle--was it you? he demands of his aunt--but Quentin assures him she wouldn't have the courage--she would only wish it done. Trask reminds him he's speaking of his own sister. Judith tells Jamison not to listen to his uncle. Quentin wants an explanation, but Trask insists that take place in another room. Quentin asks Judith if she's sure she's still in charge of this house, and tells his sister they have much to discuss, later. Barnabas and Quentin leave the room.

Judith complains Quentin's been like this since he came home, but Jamison says it isn't true. It is, insists Judith. Trask says to calm down, but Jamison shouts she always says untrue things like that. Your aunt doesn't tell lies, says Trask, and is a better judge of people than you are--consider carefully what she says before he reacts.
But I know different, cries Jamison. There is only one who is constantly right, says Trask, and he isn't on earth, but above. He tells Jamison to go into the hall and consider all the wonderful things his aunt has done for him--I'm sure you'll have plenty to think about--stay in the hall--we'll want you soon. Trask closes the doors. Judith tells him she's more than grateful, although not a woman given to thanking people. They agree it was His power, and Trask is grateful that in His providence, He used him--I will thank Him privately. Judith says it's incredible--I saw a miracle. I only saw only a house in need of one, says Trask--may I speak frankly--I understand why Edward is concerned about his children being in this house, wracked as it is with hatred and violence--you were kind enough to offer your thanks for my help, and if Edward lets me take Jamison to my school, he'll find a most desirable change, and Nora, too, when she gets well. Judith agrees to let Jamison go with him tonight. Jamison, eavesdropping, thrusts opens the doors tells the two of them it ain't gonna happen. Trask orders no rash judgments. Jamison demands of Judith--are you sending me away--are you??? Trask tells Judith that Jamison won't be sent if he doesn't want to go--he wouldn't allow it. He asks to speak to Jamison alone--at my school, everything is discussed--Jamison, take me back to your room. He'd be delighted, says Judith. Jamison, calmer now, agrees. They go upstairs. Trask tells him they are going to have a nice chat.

In the study, Quentin asks Barnabas about Trask--he was my savior? He realizes Barnabas doesn't believe that. Cousin Barnabas, says Quentin, do give me some credit--who do YOU think saved me?--we know what Judith believes, but I want your opinion. Barn reminds Quentin, your interest in "odd things" might have done this. Delicately put, applauds Quentin--I've had an interesting life, we agree. Barn asks about Jenny. "I married young," says Quentin brusquely, a girl, talented, beautiful, a girl of unknown origin, as Edward would say. "Did you drive her mad?" Barn asks. Quentin grows angry--why this curiosity about my life? If I wanted you to know about me, says Q, I'd make you a friend. You've tried to make me an enemy, says Barnabas. A situation which is your own fault, says Quentin. Barn is willing to help him--because we can be useful to each other.
Wrong, says Q, all I can think of when I consider you is, "What does he want from me?"

Jamison has apparently told Trask he doesn't want to go to his school because he'd miss his pony. Well, says Trask, bring him along. Jamison refuses to tell him his pony's name. "You'll have to learn to answer questions, boy," says Trask. Why? asks Jamison--I'm not going to your school. A crafty look in his eye, Trask says they should pray--pray that the Almighty sees in His infinite judgment that you need his help in changing your mind. Jamison tells Trask, I don't like you, and I don't want to pray with you, either. Trask, furious, suggests Jamison is doomed to grow up and become a disappointment to his father. I won't, says Jamison. You're disappointing him now, says Trask. I'm sure my father loves me, says Jamison. Does he? asks Trask. Your father is very worried about your soul. And with some reason--you must be saved! Do you want to be saved? YES! Clamors Jamison. Then I can help you, says Trask, pushing Jamison to his knees and assuming a praying posture.

Judith wanders the foyer, then goes into the drawing room. She turns on a light and is grabbed by the throat by Quentin, who demands to know, where's Jenny?--where are you' keeping her? He chokes her, accusing her of having Jenny here ever since he left--your sisterly love is so great, you wouldn't tell me. She struggles in his grasp, demanding he release her. Oh, shall I kill you--will that relieve your pain?--were you afraid I'd be disconsolate that Jenny's mad? He tosses her into a chair, and spits, "Where is she? Why have you been keeping her here--and don't tell me it was out of family loyalty!"
It was, she insists. "None of you ever accepted her here, you made that clear enough, he says--there must be another reason, or were you clever enough to keep her here just to kill me when I came back, because that's what she's going to try to do, again!" He lifts a threatening hand, demanding to know where Jenny is. She warns him, if you attempts to harm me, I'll scream--Trask and Barnabas will come. All, right, sister mine, he says, but I'll find her.

Jamison and Trask have worked out a deal, but Jamison is reluctant--they'll make me go. . . Trask warns him stubbornness can be a sin. Come here, he demands--I give each of my boys one chance--now, then, what will I tell your aunt? Jamison flinches as Trask shouts, "WE JUST WENT OVER IT, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL HER?" That I want to leave for your school--tonight--that I think it's best! cries Jamison, clearly by rote. Trask grins evilly. "What a fine, sensible young fellow you are," he says. He holds the door open; Jamison leaves.

Judith tells Quentin she can't keep him from searching the house, but urges him not to--leave well enough alone, she urges. What do you mean? he asks, but Trask interrupts. Quentin leaves. Trask tells Judith that he feels Jamison must be removed from the house immediately, or he's in danger of losing his mind. Judith is stunned.

Jamison begs Quentin to help him--they want to send me away! Quentin promises to help. Trask opens the double doors and calls to Jamison to come in--I think it best you tell her about our talk. Jamison and Quentin exchange looks as the boy walks fearfully into the drawing room. Trask closes the doors and Quentin stands there, grinning. It's 9 o'clock. "Tell your aunt exactly what you told me," says Trask. Jamison tells Judith he threatened him, tried to make him lie. Judith is astounded. "I hate him!" cries Jamison. Trask reminds him how we prayed together for you to find the strength to tell your aunt exactly what you told  me upstairs? "You're lying!" cries Jamison. One thing I cannot bear is a boy's dislike, says Trask with dignity--it's obvious Judith must choose another school for Jamison. The boy is ecstatic, but Judith says no, he'll go to Worthington Hall--he's becoming more and more like his Uncle Quentin, and I won't stand for that, oh no. Trask turns, smiling, triumphant. She tells him to return in an hour--Jamison will be ready to leave.

10 o'clock - Barnabas tells Judith he doesn't understand why she would believe Trask, that maniac, over Jamison. She tells Barn he's as insulting as Jamison--they both saw Trask's miracle tonight. There's a knock at the door. Judith goes up to get Jamison and orders Barnabas to treat Trask with the same respect she would. Barnabas answers the door to Trask, who asks if the boy is ready. Soon, says Barn, giving him a dirty look. He asks Trask about some ink drawings he found of the Collins that lived here 100 years ago. There was a face remarkably like Trask's--just a short time ago, there was a witch hunt here, believe it or not--"Is your family by any chance from Salem?" asks Barnabas. Yes, says Trask. Barn explains that an authority on witches was brought in by the family, and his name was Trask, too. Trask says that was his great, great grandfather, a most illustrious man--he disappeared mysteriously shortly after leaving Collinsport.
"Really! And here we are again," says Barnabas. "We, sir?" asks Trask. (LOL!) Judith comes to the landing and tells the men Jamison ran away. "We shall find him," says Trask, giving Barnabas a dark look. "And tonight!"

NOTES: Trask is SOOOO bad, you gotta love to hate him--and Lacy portrays him dead-on. Jamison is clever, Barnabas was a riot (I was waiting for him to call Trask brick breath or something) and Quentin is back to his delicious, self-serving self. All is normal at Collinwood, and that's great!

727 - (Nancy Barrett) - Collinwood in the year 1897. And the strange and terrifying events of that year gradually unveil to Barnabas Collins. Tonight he is confronted with a new and dangerous evil, an evil that appears masked in a cloak of mercy.

Nancy Barrett does the intro, speaking of evil cloaked in a mask of mercy! What character will she play?

Trask kneels in the Collinwood drawing room, asking for His help in finding a "lost lamb." The devil has been with him, intones Trask, raising his hands high, and looked upon him with favor. The devil must be vanquished, the lamb cleansed, let you in your infinite wisdom show him the light and guide him to the safe harbor I can provide for him--I ask not for myself, but for the poor, miserable, misguided youth so in need of your divine guidance. Amen. Barnabas overhears much of this, and suggests, "Perhaps I should have prayed with you." Wiser than searching the woods, says Trask. Barnabas curtly informs him, if I had found him, I wouldn't have delivered Jamison to you!--you can't take Jamison to the school until his father returns. Trask walks away from Barnabas--I won't discuss this with you! Jamison is unwilling, says Barnabas, and there's no need for him to go to school at all. He'll learn to enjoy it, says Trask, who feels the boy should be removed from this evil house. Trask accuses Barnabas of not seeing the evil in the house because he is "intimately involved in it." Barnabas asks, what are you accusing me of. Trask says you've been against me since I first came. I don't trust you, says Barnabas. Trask says, you can't trust anyone because you lack the belief necessary for the trust to start--leave Jamison to me, demands Trask. Barnabas asks, what happens if I don't? Trask doubts it will matter--I will get the boy, tonight--I know THAT! They stare at each other challengingly.

Barnabas asks what Trask will do with Jamison when he "gets" him. Make him see the error of his ways, replies Trask. Quentin interrupts to tell Trask, my sister asked me to tell you your rooms are ready.Very kind, says Trask, I'm going to meditate in my room. Quentin grins conspiratorially at Barnabas. When my daughter arrives, I want her brought directly to me, orders Trask--she's shy, ill at ease socially. "Yes, sir, anything you say, sir," says Quentin sarcastically, obviously hating the man. (Great line!) Trask gives him a nasty look and departs. In Trask's hearing, Quentin remarks to Barn that if Worthington Hall is as joyous as its master, Jamison and Nora are in for a joyous winter. What kind of power does he have? asks Quentin. None, says Barn. But how did he resurrect me? Quentin wonders. Coincidence, says Barn. Quentin says no, there's more to that man than that. I'll have the man investigated if the children end up at the school, Barnabas assures him. Quentin takes a deck of cards and begins playing solitaire. Barnabas comments how calm Quentin is behaving over Jamison's disappearance.
Just the Collins manner, quips Q--we don't panic. Easy when you know where the boy is, says Barn. You said it, I didn't, says Q. Barnabas admits, I would have hidden the boy myself if he'd come to me. Are you expecting a confession? asks Quentin--I don't trust you enough to give you one, and if you keep on, I shall be forced to search the woods, and in my delicate condition, that wouldn't be wise. Barnabas agrees, and is comforted to know Jamison isn't lost and will show up at the appropriate time--I can't believe Cousin Edward would allow his boy to go to that man, and I will learn everything I can about the school. No need, says Q--bread and gruel and a switching for every unlearned lesson. Again we agree, says Barn. We must not make a habit of that, jokes Quentin. Barnabas leaves to go upstairs. Rachel exits the servants' quarters and enters the drawing room. She screams when she sees Quentin and backs away. He deliberately plays the part of the zombie to scare her, then laughs. Relieved, she realizes he's OK. Q bursts into laughter--can you blame me for wanting to carry you away again? he asks. How? she asks. When Barnabas told me I'd taken you from the house, I was quite impressed with my taste, says Q. How can you joke? Rachel chides him. Because I was frightened, he says seriously, because I didn't want you to look at me with fear in your lovely eyes. Seeing Rachel is embarrassed by his compliment, Q knows he went too far--I had a spell put on me, he says--do you believe in spells? Not before I came here, says Rachel. Our entire family can be explained in no other way, he says--"Rachel, I'm sorry." I know you weren't responsible, she says, but about that spell. . .were you serious? Yes, it was a spell, he says. Rachel wants to know who placed it on him, considering all the weird things that have happened to her lately, perhaps there IS a presence. . .perhaps I have an unseen, unknown enemy--or am I being too imaginative?--perhaps you started it my first night here, when we were standing on the terrace and I saw a light in the tower room--and I thought it was haunted--I kept seeing the light and thought perhaps someone lived there--and I was right. That's where I was attacked, says Quentin, light dawning. Yes, she says, and not by a prowler or a gypsy--someone lives in that tower room. He races off, heading upstairs, saying, "Perhaps you've found the person I've been hunting for!" She's startled by his abrupt departure. There's a knock at the door. Rachel opens it upon a blonde, prim looking young woman, who says, distastefully, "Rachel Drummond." The governess' lips tremble.

Charity Trask and Rachel Drummond each wonder what the other is doing at Collinwood. Charity enters and drops her suitcase. What a splendid school this house would make, says Charity, who wants to know why Rachel hasn't answered her question. Rachel defiantly says, I don't have to. Unfriendliness is a character fault, says Charity, as my father has said so many times. Rachel isn't at all interested in what "your father has to say." You should be, says Charity, he is (interested) in you. Rachel explains she works for the Collins now.
Charity asks, "Do they KNOW about you?" Rachel looks scared. Charity says, your face has answered that one for you--servants must be very hard to find. "I'm the governess," says Rachel defensively. There is some justice, comments Charity--if my father were given to amusement, that would amuse him. "Will you take me to him, or is that someone else's. . .job?" Rachel is horrified to hear the Reverend Trask is here. Didn't you know? asks Charity, they sent for him--something must be done with the children of the house--but then you must know that. Poor Rachel looks ill. Barnabas appears on the landing. "You must be Miss Trask," he says. Yes, she says. Your father was concerned about you, says Barn. Charity asks Barnabas, take me to my father, since Miss Drummond doesn't seem to know where he is. Barnabas, noticing Rachel's distress, takes Charity's bag from her. "Father will so look forward to his reunion with you," says Charity, turning her back on Rachel, who covers her face (and this is noticed by Barnabas). Barnabas and Charity head upstairs. Panicked, Rachel tells herself, I can't just run from the house, not again, if they are here, I must face them, without fear, but how?--how can I do that? Quentin comes up behind her and tells her all he found in the tower room was a doll with a missing eye, hardly a sign--whoever was there has been moved. Rachel says, you aren't like the others--you do believe someone was in the room. They gaze up at the tower. I know it, he says. How can you be sure? She asks. Quentin intends to learn where they moved her.

Charity reports to Daddy that the lost lamb has been found, the lamb so in need of saving--I saw Rachel, not just in Collinsport--but here--as the governess! Trask is stunned. We must pray, he says, give thanks that she has been delivered back to us. Father and daughter sink to their knees.

I knew there was something wrong the moment I saw you with Charity, says Barnabas. Rachel looks at him adoringly--how did you know? she asks. The look in your eye, the expression in your mouth, he says. Do we really know each other that well in so short a time? She asks. Does that frighten you? he asks. A little, she admits. Are you so determined to keep a secret to yourself, he wonders--you can trust me. Rachel assures him, I know--perhaps I just feel if I don't talk of it, it won't seem too real, it will fade away and I won't think they're upstairs, here for the children--do not to allow Nora and Jamison to be taken to that school, for their sake, begs Rachel. Barnabas agrees, even without knowing Worthington Hall. I know it, says Rachel, with bitterness--only too well--I was Nora's age when sent there--my foster aunt couldn't be bothered with me--I was looking forward to it, to being with other children--the Trasks separate the children, says Rachel, they keep them apart, as if they're afraid the children will stand up to them--when I was there, I had a special friend, Tim--we used to meet secretly, and he'd help me with my schoolwork--but they found out, and locked Tim in a cupboard for 30 days--I was beaten and starved until I promised never to see him alone again--I was there another 12 years, as was Tim, and for half that time, we didn't dare look at each other. Barnabas is listening with horror as Rachel's face screws up with pain.
It's impossible to explain that fear, the constant threats, the punishment, she says. "It can't still be like that!" protests Barnabas. I'm sure it is, says Rachel--does evil change for good for no reason? But it's such a successful school, says Barn. Because the children are there because nobody wants them, says Rachel, boys and girls whose parents pay money to get rid of them, for reasons that have nothing to do with learning--I know!--I even taught there. Knowing the way it was, why? Barn asks. Not my choice, she says--the last year I was going to school there, my foster aunt passed away--Trask told me my tuition was still owed, and not enough money in the estate to cover it--Trask offered me a teaching job to me to pay it off--I was afraid not to accept--he intimidated me that much--you can't understand it--they kept intimidating me until one day, Tim Shaw and I escaped--yes, escaped!--but we went away leaving all those poor children we had tried to help--we left them knowing we couldn't help them. Barnabas urges her, tell my cousin about this when he returns. Trask enters the room and says, "Tears, Miss Drummond?--of repentance, perchance?" She gasps. Trask asks Barnabas to leave, but he refuses to go. Trask asks Rachel if she REALLY wants Barnabas to hear this. She looks uncertain, then asks Barnabas to go. "Rachel!" he whispers, upset. Trask advises him to go, warning him,  it isn't wise to know her too well. Barnabas says he'll be in the study if she wants him, and leaves. Trask closes the doors, satisfied. "Come to me," he demands. She doesn't. "Come to me!" She walks forward, terrified.

You have beautiful hair, says Trask, I remember--when I thought badly of you, I thought about how you looked that last day, in my office--you stole money from me! Her salary, she insists. Who would believe that? he asks. You know it's true, says Rachel, you were holding it for me. You left before you could fulfill your contract, he accuses. You forced me to sign that paper, she says, telling me I owed more money than I did! Any court in the land would say you owe me six months of your life, says Trask--I want you to come back. No, she cries, and I won't let you take the children, either. How will you stop me? he asks. By telling them, threatens Rachel. Telling them what? Demands Trask--would they believe you, your word against mine? I won't come back, she vows. Your friend did, says Trask, Tim Shaw--did you run away with him because he was handsome? You know that isn't true, cries Rachel. Will Judith believe that? asks Trask--Tim is at school, fulfilling his contract.
Rachel doesn't believe it--Tim would never go back! You have much to learn, says Trask, and how fortunate for you that we are waiting to teach you--I'll be in my room when you have changed your mind. . .

Charity is dressed for bed. Her father knocks at her door and assures her, you need not worry--the lamb will return to us. Both smile.

Barnabas tells Rachel he wants to help her. No, she begs, near tears, you would only regret it. Tomorrow, when Edward returns, we will go to him, together, says Barn. I can't discuss the school, she cries, running away from him, into the kitchen. Rachel! he cries. He grabs his cape and puts it on, his face angry. He leaves the house, then looks up at some lighted windows upstairs. An idea comes to him.

Charity sleeps. We hear squeaking and see a bat outside her window. Charity stirs. Barnabas appears in her room, staring down at the Reverend's daughter. She wakes up with a gasp, but Barnabas, fangs bared, bites into her throat.

NOTES: I always felt there was a strong sexual undertone to what happened between Rachel and Trask, perhaps some sexual abuse--but definitely mental abuse and blackmail. I wouldn't put it past him. Jerry Lacy puts in a bravado performance, and I love Barrett as Charity. She's so prim--but not for long. Barnabas' fangs--and his vampire lovemaking--have a startling affect on her. Wait and see!

There is also something vaguely creepy about Trask and Charity kneeling in the bedroom, praying. I can't explain it, but the way it was presented, it almost had an air of incest about it.

Love, Robin

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Robservations 11/24/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2002, 09:34:37 AM »
I have to concur with Robin on a lot of her commentary.

We must pray, he says, give thanks that she has been delivered back to us. Father and daughter sink to their knees.
While incest never crossed my mind, there is something inexplicably chilling about that scene that has bothered me since I first saw this episode.  It's almost enough to make prayer itself seem repulsive.

You have beautiful hair, says Trask, I remember--when I thought badly of you, I thought about how you looked that last day, in my office. . .I'll be in my room when you have changed your mind. . .
Gregory Trask is such a slime!  I sometimes feel the urge to scrub with disinfectant after watching scenes like this.  The portion where he's talking about Rachel's hair just makes my skin crawl.  I don't want to think about what it must have been like for her to have to grow up under Trask's watchful, lustful eye.  The monster was definitely interested in more than just her education.

NOTES: I always felt there was a strong sexual undertone to what happened between Rachel and Trask, perhaps some sexual abuse--but definitely mental abuse and blackmail. I wouldn't put it past him.
Unfortunately, Rachel isn't the only one.  There are several other young ladies in this storyline who become Trask's personal mission.  What a creep!

ProfStokes

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2002, 10:01:10 PM »
I always felt there was a strong sexual undertone to what happened between Rachel and Trask, perhaps some sexual abuse--but definitely mental abuse and blackmail. I wouldn't put it past him.
The implication seems fairly clear--at least to me.

Jerry Lacy puts in a bravado performance
Does he ever!

Is this guy one of the most underrated DS players ever or what?

Also, Lacy has great chemistry with Nancy Barrett. I missed her. Glad to see her back.

Only icky thing is: once they were romantically involved, now they're father and daughter!

LOL!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 05:15:47 AM »
Only icky thing is: once they were romantically involved, now they're father and daughter!

True, but I think it shows what brilliant actors both Barrett and Lacy are that they were able to remain completely in character throughout each role and build a different, believable chemistry in the new storyline.

ProfStokes

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 06:58:57 AM »
I think it shows what brilliant actors both Barrett and Lacy are that they were able to remain completely in character throughout each role and build a different, believable chemistry in the new storyline.

Very much so.

Both Nancy Barrett and Jerry Lacey are terribly underrated...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

DVD

Re: Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 09:01:04 AM »
DVD episodes for November 16th and 17th.
The 1st and 2nd episodes on Set#13/Disc#4 (1st and 2nd episodes on MPI tape Volume #99)