Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118510 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1770 on: November 15, 2023, 03:18:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #68 (1966) - Roger - 'I MUST confess that part of the fact was that I never knew how to handle David and I suppose I resented my sister thinking that a young girl could succeed where I failed.'

From "#0067/0068: Robservations 07/09/01: Enter Mrs. Johnson!"
you're always ganging up on me, accuses David--just like in school! He runs off. Vicki calls his name and Roger advises her to let him go and cool off--actually, it was you I wanted to talk to. Whatever you say, she tells him. I was sitting in my office twiddling my thumbs, says Roger, and all of a sudden, a thought occurred to me--I haven't been very fair to you. I haven't complained, she assures him. That was part of my thought--here you are in a strange place, a strange situation, and I haven't done anything at all to make it easier for you--and that's what was bothering me. David comes downstairs and listens from this point on. Roger adds that if he had only met her Halfway, things might have been much more pleasant in their relationship. Mr. Collins, protests Vicki. Don't argue, says Roger, as David creeps closer to the drawing room, I'm the one to blame, not you. I don't think anyone's to blame, says Vicki. I insist, says Roger, as David listens at the half-closed door--as long as I'm being noble about it, at least let me go first class--I must confess that part of the fact was that I never knew how to handle David and I suppose I resented that my sister felt a young girl could succeed where I failed--perhaps you'll let me make it up to you and take you out to dinner one night. Well, says Vicki, beginning to pick up the downed chair. There are some wonderful places along the coast, says Roger, where the lobster is delicious. I've been waiting to have some of that ever since I got up there, she says as they right the chair together. Good, then it's agreed? asks Roger. Agreed, says Vicki, and he asks her to call him Roger--I think it would be nice for David to have some happy people around this place for a change, she says

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 16, 2023, 03:28:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #150 (1967) - Liz - 'David MUST be protected.'

From "#0150/0151: Robservations 09/05/01: Strange Visitation"
Liz returns to Collinwood, takes off her coat and tosses it onto a chair. Did you see Laura? asks Roger, who is stretched out on the sofa, reading a book. Yes, says Liz. What was the outcome? asks Roger. The outcome will be determined, she replies. How? he asks. By which one of us is the stronger, she says. Sounds like you ladies squared off, says Roger. Possibly, says Liz. That would have been something to see, he says, flipping the pages of his book. I'm glad you're taking it so lightly, says Liz, your wife and son have a problem--and you're ducking the issue just like you duck everything else. (nasty, but true.) Very vindictive tonight, he notes. I told Laura she couldn't see David anymore, reveals Liz. That's pretty drastic, says Roger, standing. It's the best I can do for now, says Liz, if she doesn't stop seeing him, I'll have to go further. I see says Roger. Vicki enters. Roger asks her if she calmed David down. He's asleep, she says. Let's hope he sleeps through the night, says Liz. I think he's used up all his tears, says Vicki. My concern is he doesn't have to shed anymore, says Liz--David must be protected.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Someone MUST TELL her that she can't see David anymore') was back on June 11th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 18, 2023, 05:12:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #251 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Did you, Josette? But I MUSTN'T call you Josette any longer. You are no longer worthy of that name.'

From "#0251/0252: Robservations 11/17/01: And Then Came Buzz"
Willie and Maggie hear Barnabas heading back to the basement. He reminds her to let him do the talking. Willie tries to convince Barnabas how good Maggie was, but Barnabas says she's going to her grave as common old Maggie Evans.

This Robservations falls in the period where there's very little detail so it's no surprise that it doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it comes up as Willie is trying to convince Barnabas how good Maggie was and after Willie says, "She did just what you told her to do," and before Barnabas says she will go her death with the common name Maggie Evans...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'She tried to betray me. She tried to destroy me. She MUST die') was back on January 27th of 2022, and the second (Barnabas - 'But we MUST be realistic. If she were still alive, the police would have found her by now') was back on March 27th of 2022.

Also, it's worth reminding:

And I suspect getting the screen capture for this quote is the first time I've ever played Ep #251 on DVD because I'm pretty sure I had no idea that before Act 1 there's a summary of the previous week's eps. Not having been watching DS yet back in June of 1967, I didn't see Ep #251 when it was originally aired

I did look up the Sci-Fi Channel broadcast and discovered something interesting though not altogether pleasing for anyone who doesn't have the DVDs and is relying solely on their Sci-Fi tapes for the eps. Not only are the announcement made during the theme and the summary missing, but also Barnabas' first line of dialogue for Act 1. On the DVD (and presumably on Volume 50 of the Collector's Series VHS), Act 1 of Ep #251 opens with Barnabas saying, "You still haven't answered my question. What were you doing with this tool?" Whereas Sci-Fi's version opens with Barnabas simply asking, "What were you doing with this tool?" But we can just add that to so many of the other things that were changed or dropped when Sci-Fi ran DS.  [snow_rolleyes] [snow_mad]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 18, 2023, 09:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #397 (1796) - Angelique - 'You MUST consider me very disorganized. I'm not usually.'

From "#0397/0398: Robservations 03/14/02: Mr. & Mrs. Barnabas Collins"
Drawing room - As Naomi and Ben stand in as witnesses, Barnabas and Angelique are married in a simple ceremony, with the groom saying a solemn "I do". He places a ring on her finger, the minister declares them husband and wife, and the reluctant bridegroom plants a chaste kiss on his wife's mouth. The minister offers his best wishes; Naomi kisses Barnabas and tells him to love Angelique, and Barnabas heartily calls Ben to get champagne. Bland takes his leave, saying, "I didn't expect to be this long, as delightful as it was." Barnabas closes the door after him, leaning against it for a moment as though he wishes he could disappear along with the Reverend Bland. He has had enough!  Looking like a condemnded man heading for the gallows, Barnabas returns to the festivities. Angelique is telling Naomi she wishes there had been some flowers, and Naomi wishes she'd sent some over. She tells Barnabas the wedding was beautiful and she's very happy. He says he is, too, but not very convincingly.

The Robservations is in the period where isn't as much detail and as such the quote isn't referenced at all. However, it comes up during the point where Angelique says she wishes there has been flowers...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'Well, where is Ben with the champagne? We MUST have champagne now') was back on July 24th of 2020, and the second (Reverend Bland - 'No no, I MUSTN'T. My dear wife will be concerned. She expected me back for the ladies' prayer group') was back on December 20th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 20, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #506 (1968) - Barnabas - 'No, you MUST stay here and help me with the search.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
Willie needs to go to Collinwood; the dream is driving him crazy and he has to tell it to her. Barn forbids it, even though Willie says he'll go crazy. Carolyn's been through an ordeal, Barnabas reminds him, and he won't let him put her through another. What about what I'm going through, demands Willie?-- I'd rather go back to Windcliff than have the dream again. Barnabas says he understands (but his voice belies that), but if the dream curse goes to its end, he'll be the one who suffers. Willie complains he's scared all the time, always shaking with fear. Barnabas assures him he DOES know how he feels. Then let me go to Collinwood, begs Willie, and stop searching for a dead man. They argue about it vehemently.

Even though the Robservations has a fair amount of detail, for some reason the quote isn't referenced at all. However, it comes up in response to Willie begging Barnabas to let him go to Collinwood and before Willie says "there ain't any sense looking for a dead man"...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Now lock your door after I go out. You MUST get some sleep') was back on March 28th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 20, 2023, 11:12:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #749 (1897) - Sandor - 'We MUST have a drink to seal our bargain.'

From "Robservations 12/20/02 - #748-749 - That Crazy Kiss of Death"
Quentin assures her, I can make it worth your while to remove the curse--now--I know what the curse is--Jenny's ghost has already appeared to me and won't let me rest--I'm willing to give you all the money I have if you stop it.  "You came to buy me!" exclaims Magda, making a face at him.  Sandor, grinning, tells her to wait.  I'm insulted at his offer of filthy money, insists Magda.  Quentin admits, I came to buy you off and aren't ashamed to admit it--I want to tell you how much. Yes, he hasn't said how much, smiles Sandor.  Magda says her husband's  name in an angry, disbelieving voice.  Let him show us, then he can go, suggests Sandor.  Quentin offers them 10 thousand dollars, cash--I have it right in my pocket.  Sandor wants to see the money, but Q insists on hearing Magda's answer first.  Sandor points out, we could travel very far on so much money.  Quentin agrees.  We could do all the things they always wanted, live like kings!, adds Sandor.  Magda wants to see it.
After your answer, says Quentin.  "May my poor sister forgive and understand me," says Magda, pointing at Quentin with the two-fingered gypsy salute.  "I remove the curse, she says, and all your suffering."  He hands her the money, gratefully thanking her.  Sandor suggests a drink to seal their bargain, saying Quentin has been relieved of a very heavy burden.  While Magda counts the money in her lap, Sandor prepares three drinks, pouring the amber liquid into one of them.  Magda happily says, we are all satisfied--we are rich and you are free!  Sandor hands out the drinks and suggests a toast to that.  Quentin drains his doctored drink, stands and says, I'll be on my way now--minus ten thousand dollars, of course, but it's worth it--at least I'm free of the curse.  He starts to leave.  Magda informs him, the curse has actually just begun--you thought the curse was Jenny's haunting.  She tosses the envelope filled with money at him--that was just your guilt--"Keep your rotten money," she says, "I just pretended to take it so you could relax and have a drink, because the potion that would make the curse effective was in that drink.  THE CURSE WILL START TONIGHT!"

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Magda - 'You MUST come with me, Quentin. Jenny is waiting for you') was back on July 17th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 21, 2023, 06:28:32 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #909 (1969) - Paul - 'She had long blonde hair. Now you MUST have seen her.'

From "Robservations 4/25/03 - 909-910 - Grant Goes With Olivia; Music For Q's Memory?"
Paul runs downstairs.  Julia is standing in the foyer. Did you see the little girl who just came downstairs? He asks. I saw no one, answers Julia. She had long, blond hair, insists Paul--you must have seen her!  The only child I saw was David, she says. Did you see Alexander? Paul asks.  I don't know who that is, she says--however, I know David was playing hide and seek with someone. Paul brushes past her and looks into the drawing room--she isn't here, he mumbles, you saw no little girl--who is she, where did she go, how did she get here in the first place? Julia asks, why is she so important?  He starts to say something, then stops.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first ('Grant' -'I'm waiting to leave. I-I MUST go away from here. I MUST go right now') was back on September 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 22, 2023, 04:06:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1006 (1970PT) - Yaeger - 'I don't relish the thought of being Cyrus Longworth again, but that lawyer MUST be brought into line, and soon!'

From "1006/1007: Robservations 07/02/03: Gladstone's Blackmail: PT From the Other Side"
Lab - Yaeger returns. He opens the safe and takes out the antidote. I don't relish being Cyrus again, he says to himself, but that lawyer must be brought into line, and soon! He reluctantly drinks the antidote and feels the pain of transformation.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Larry Chase - 'I MUST TELL you that I'm even more appalled at what you're doing') was back on June 23rd of 2020, and the second (Buffie - 'You MUST have something better to do') was back on August 21st of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 23, 2023, 03:06:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1128 (1840) - Samantha - 'I want you to go and pack his clothes. You MUST do it secretly, do you understand?'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
What a pity, says Samantha, I've undone all your pre-conceived notions--she tells Hortense she wants to see her immediately in the drawing room, then says to Gabriel that they finally have something in common, don't they?--they're both destined to rot in this house!  She goes into the drawing room and closes the double doors, then asks Hortense where Tad is.  Upstairs in his room, reveals Hortense.  Samantha tells her she's going to be leaving Collinwood.  This shocks Hortense, who reminds her she just told Mr. Gabriel...  I told Mr. Gabriel what I wanted him to hear, says Samantha--I'm going and taking Tad with me--I want you to go and pack his clothes--do it secretly, do you understand?  You mean you're taking the boy without Mr. Quentin knowing about it? asks Hortense.  That's exactly what I mean, says Samantha, tonight, at seven o'clock, I want you to go to Tad and tell him I'll be at Rose Cottage, and I will go there sooner and wait for you to bring him to me.  Hortense objects--suppose she gets caught?  Samantha assures her she has always been very kind to her.  No one has been as good to me as you, agrees Hortense.  Then please stop worrying, says Samantha, and do as I say.  Gabriel is listening closely outside the doors as Samantha orders Hortense to bring her to her as soon as it gets dark.

The Robservations true crime is that it leaves the "must" part of the quote out!!...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Samantha - 'I MUST be with the man I love') was back on November 11th of 2020, the second (Gerard - 'Well, it's done...and you MUSTN'T regret what you've done') was back on April 17th of 2022, and the third (Gerard - 'Nevertheless, I feel very strongly that a woman MUST stay true to her first love') was back on September 20th. So that all means that Ep #1128 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 24, 2023, 04:20:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #750 (1897[-1967]) - Judith - 'You know that's impossible. Quentin MUST never know about those children.'

From "Robservations 1/2/03 - 750-751 - Quentin's Terror Begins"
Judith, wearing a lovely green velvet dress, tends to her mail.  She asks Beth into the drawing room and hands her a letter terminating her employment at Collinwood, plus two weeks' severance pay--you can thank Edward for the latter; says Judith, frankly, I was against it.  Beth timidly asks, why am I being fired?  Judith gives her a look and says, with Jenny gone, your services are no longer needed.  Beth, shocked at this abrupt dismissal, doesn't know what to say.  Judith doesn't understand why--you were only kept on to care for Jenny.  What about the children? asks Beth.  They'll stay in Collinsport with Mrs. Fillmore, replies Judith.  They could be brought back here, with Jenny gone, suggests Beth eagerly.  No, says Judith, not very practical, and how to explain two infant children suddenly arriving at the house?  Tell the truth, says Beth, that the children belong to Quentin and Jenny.  Impossible, says Judith sternly, Quentin must never know about the children.  I never understood why you and Mr. Edward decided to do that, says Beth--it seems to me Quentin should know about the children.  Judith notes, you seem very concerned about Quentin lately.  What is that supposed to mean? asks Beth.  That your infatuation for my brother hasn't gone unnoticed, says Judith--the servants have been gossiping about it for a month.  Is that the real reason for my dismissal? asks Beth.  The reason for your dismissal is stated in the letter, says Judith cruelly, sending Beth scuttling away.

The Robservations partly references the quote well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Sandor - 'We MUST make plans to leave here after tonight') was back on September 7th of 2020, and the second (Beth - 'I'm sorry, Quentin, but I MUST GO') was back on January 17th of 2021, and the third (Beth - 'If we're going to go away together, Quentin, we MUST start by being honest with each other') was back on October 18th of 2022. So that all means that Ep #750 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1128, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 25, 2023, 07:42:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #398 (1796) - Barnabas - 'And now I MUST go into Collinsport this morning. There are some people there I MUST see about work. Do you mind being left alone for a while?'

From "#0397/0398: Robservations 03/14/02: Mr. & Mrs. Barnabas Collins"
Barnabas finds Angelique wide awake in the drawing room, and fuming about his failure to tell her he's hiding a woman in their house. Oops, says Barn, he intended to tell her, but there's been no opportunity. Vicki is there for protection from Trask, insists Barnabas, but Angelique hints there's another reason, and Barnabas laughingly accuses his bride of jealousy. Does I have reason to be? demands Ang. No, Barnabas says. Why is he taking the risk of hiding Miss Winters, then?  Barnabas explains he doesn't believe in witchcraft, and even if he did, he doesn't believe Vicki is a witch--does Angelique believe Vicki is a witch? asks Barn, to which Ang responds, "I know nothing of witches." She was just upset he kept this from her, and he apologizes for doing so. They hug, and she says they've both been cast aside by his family, they only have each other. . .she promises to keep quiet about Vicki. They kiss as he heads off into town to find work

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all but at least it references its circumstances...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'Why did he turn on me? He MUST be under the control of someone else, but who could it be?') was back on October 8th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 26, 2023, 06:34:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #506 (1968) - Liz - 'But he kept you against your will. He MUST have had to use force.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
Carolyn doesn't seem happy to hear the police are certain Adam is dead--she needs time to get back to being herself. Liz asks if Adam hurt her. He used force to keep me there, says Carolyn, yet didn't hurt her--he was strange, pathetic, trying in his own clumsy way to be gentle. Liz finds this hard to believe.
He was frightened, trapped, and had to do something desperate, explains Carolyn. Liz wonders how she can defend this man, who could have killed her. He wouldn't have done that, says Carolyn, trying to explain, but in a strange way, she feels sorry for Adam, but doesn't understand why--she isn't happy the man is dead, because now they'll never know who he was, where he came from--there was something about him that made him so different from other people, almost like a child who hasn't learned to talk or had any experience with other human beings.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but at least it references its circumstances...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Now lock your door after I go out. You MUST get some sleep') was back on March 28th of 2022, and the second (Barnabas - 'No, you MUST stay here and help me with the search') was back on November 17th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 27, 2023, 05:20:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #751 (1897) - Beth - 'There MUST be something I can do!'

Once again a Robservations doesn't summarize the teaser. It's a restaging of the ending scene of Ep #750. So, here's the summary of that scene:

Quentin shakes Beth, demanding she tell him what she must do in town, but she, equally adamant, insists, I can't explain it--let me go!  Forget it and come with me! he says.  I want to go, pleads Beth, it will only take a few minutes.  There isn't that much time! he shouts.  Why not? she asks.  It's getting dark out, he says, and the gypsy told me. . .Quentin abruptly begins to experience terrible, terrible pain, tearing at his insides--I can't bear it! he cries, I feel like I'm going to die!--get a doctor, before it's too late!  As she runs from the room, Quentin falls to the floor, writhing in agony.  A dog howls.  We see the full moon.

Though as we can see the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all there either. However, it comes up right after Quentin says that he can't bear the pain and before he says he feels like he's going to die...

And the reason Midnite chose Ep #751 over Ep #750 is because the shot onscreen in Ep #750 when the quote is delivered -

- is wider than the shot is in Ep #751 -

- which is closer and shows Quentin and Beth better.

Observant fans will no doubt notice that there's a different glass top on the lamp on the table at the foot of the bed. Who knows? But ours is to never question these sorts of things.  [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 28, 2023, 03:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1006 (1970PT) - Larry Chase - 'You MUST explain to me... you MUST be more specific as why you need Yaeger. Certainly there MUST be someone who can replace him or do the... perform the services that he does, whatever they are.'

From "#1006/1007: Robservations 07/02/03: Gladstone's Blackmail: PT From the Other Side"
Did you get the signature for the bank account? asks Cyrus. Yes, says Chase, but I tore it up after getting it--I can't believe you won't listen to reason about him. Cyrus,  shocked, says, I'm not in the mood to argue about this. Explain, be more specific, insists Larry, as to why you need Yaeger--surely someone can replace him, perform whatever services he's doing for you.  I can only tell you, says Cyrus, that I'm not going to change my mind about this--I want that bank account opened in his name--and one more thing--I want you to change my will--in the event of my death or disappearance, everything that belongs to me shall go to John Yaeger.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but does reference it in a paraphrasing sort of way...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Larry Chase - 'I MUST TELL you that I'm even more appalled at what you're doing') was back on June 23rd of 2020, the second (Buffie - 'You MUST have something better to do') was back on August 21st of 2020, and the third (Yaeger - 'I don't relish the thought of being Cyrus Longworth again, but that lawyer MUST be brought into line, and soon!') was back on November 20th. So that all means that Ep #1006 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #750, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1128, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 30, 2023, 03:16:02 PM »

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #752 (1897[-1967]) - Evan - 'When the sun sets, you place these two black candles at the bottom of the pentagram. And then you MUST get inside of the pentagram and stay there no matter what happens.'

From "Robservations 1/4/03 - #752/753 - Beth Learns the Terrifying Truth"
Later, Evan returns to Quentin's room and draws a huge pentagram in chalk in the middle of the floor. He calls it a haven and sanctuary against many evils--though I'm still not sure what we're dealing with, this pentagram may help. He tells Quentin to place two black candles at the bottom points of the pentagram at sunset, then get inside the pentagram and stay put. Quentin asks what will happen then, but Evan can't answer that. Skeptical and afraid, Quentin doesn't appreciate how little Evan learned about his curse, and rubs out part of the pentagram with his foot to show his disdain  Evan, pissed over the desecration of his art work, stops being delicate and relays to Quentin the cold hard facts: it's possible you may die inside the pentagram. I won't be getting in the pentagram in the first place, Quentin assures him--I'll just kill Magda instead. Evan says that would make matters even worse, and Beth warns that, if he does that, there might be no hope at all. Quentin, fed up, orders Evan out.  The lawyer gives Beth a stern caveat--get out and stay away from Quentin tonight, go far, far away.  Evan leaves.

The Robservations paraphrases but references the quote well...