Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118491 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1095 on: February 21, 2022, 06:12:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #860 (1897) - Lady Kitty - 'Yes, Edward, I MUST find out what's happening. Now please leave us alone.'

From "Robservations 3/24/03 - #860-861 - Trask is Busted; Kitty Goes to Widows' Hill"
Midnight - Charity tells Kitty, we will have a seance--it's the only way. On the upstairs landing, Edward asks, what's the only way?  A seance, she explains, do you mind if we invite a few spirits? He does, but Kitty says I'm the one who wants to do this; I must learn what's happening--please don't stop this.  I want to join the seance, says Edward--I've been through this much with you and it's affected me nearly as much as it has you--I will take part, he tells Charity. They go into the drawing room.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote exactly as it takes place in the scene or the entire quote, though it does come close. One thing things that's completely off is that it isn't Lady Kitty who tells Edward she wants to do the seance, it's Charansy who says Lady Kitty does...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 22, 2022, 04:14:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #646 (1968) - David - 'We MUST keep it a secret. You know that, don't you?'

From "Robservations 9/13/02 #645/646 - The Kids "Play" With Roger"
The kids have slipped into the clothing that was in the trunk. Amy tells David he looks grown-up, and he asks, "Like Quentin?" Yes, she says. He asks her to call him Quentin, and she says to call her Beth. They can pretend this is their room. It is, says David, don't you remember --Beth? Yes, Quentin, she responds. We must keep it a secret, warns David,
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote, but what it does is referenced well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (David - 'My family has made the two of us very unhappy. They MUST be made to realize that. They MUST pay for what they've done to us') was back on October 10th of 2020, the second (David - 'During the day we MUST attend to something else') was back on February 21st, and the third (Liz - 'But there MUST be something we can do for her') was back on October 10th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #646 has joined an exclusive club with Eps #2, #211, #212, #296, #365, #449, #550, #678, #727 and #1057. However, recall that Ep #211 has five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 23, 2022, 03:50:37 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #629 (1968) - Maggie - 'I don't understand it. I MUST of fainted.'

From "Robservations 9/3/02 - Angelique Sends Nicholas to Hell - #628/629"
Maggie's head tips to one side; the room is once again normally lighted. Maggie comes to, Nick's hand on her face. He's holding her hand, and asks if she's all right. I don't understand, she murmurs, I must have fainted--I can breathe all right now. I was frightened, she admits. Nicholas holds her close. I don't know why I'm here, she says, but he kisses her forehead and assures her she will be all right.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And with that quote Maggie may have actually hit a new height (low?!) of DS ingenue cluelessness because even Vicki never combined an inability to understand with fainting.  [snow_rolleyes]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Diabolos - 'That is the only way you and Maggie Evans can be together, Nicholas. The Black Mass MUST be performed') was back on September 29th of 2020, and the second (Nicholas - 'I implore you-- if I MUST account for something, let me account for it, but do not harm this woman. She is not responsible for anything that I may have done') was back on October 2nd.

Speaking of Nicholas having performed the Black Mass on Maggie, nothing was ever made of that after Nicholas' defeat when it came to Adam/Eve or when he returned and was subsequently destroyed during Leviathans. However, even though nothing was ever made of it, nothing ever said the effects of the Black Mass were removed from Maggie after Eve's resurrection failed and Nicholas was summoned back to hell. So, does that mean that once Maggie dies she will go to hell and will be with Nicholas? Something to contemplate...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 23, 2022, 04:23:11 PM »
I'd often wondered about that myself. The black mass scene was genuinely creepy and I'm a bit surprised that it got past by the censors. If the blue noses in the audience were complaining about the much more lighthearted Bewitched, than this scene has a lot more to set them off. And, as I've probably mentioned before, that episode aired on the day before Thanksgiving and the show was preempted for holiday programming on the next two days. So the audience was left hanging about Maggie's fate until the following Monday. Quite a cliffhanger! The writers tried to repeat the basic scenario in 1840 with Gérard/Judah and Daphne but, in my opinion, it didn't work out very well.
And there really should have been some scene or scenes between Maggie and Nicholas during the Leviathan plot line. How much would Maggie have remembered? Would she have remembered anything? Would she have chewed him out for skipping out on her without a word before the wedding? I guess by that point they wanted to get rid of the Leviathan story and all the related characters as quickly as possible.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2022, 04:12:04 PM »
I'm not sure if I saw the Black Mass ep in 1968 or I didn't. And that's because it was originally shown while DS was on at 8:30AM on the ABC affiliate in Providence, RI and at 2:30PM on an independent station in Boston. I know I saw the ep in which Angelique tattled on Nicholas to Diabolos because I happened to be home sick on the day whichever one of those stations ran it. But the Black Mass ep was four eps later and I doubt I was still home from school. I suspect my confusion stems from the fact that the DS Viewmaster set includes the Black Mass ep and even features a slide of Nicholas performing the ceremony, so in a way I did "see" at least parts of the ep before I saw the full ep in 1987 when DS was showing in syndication in my area. (Though the Viewmaster set didn't come out until 1970.)

And don't even get me started on the lost opportunities during Leviathans...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 24, 2022, 08:16:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #428 (1795) - Joshua - 'But there MUST be an explanation for what these people saw.'

From "#0427/0428: Robservations 04/04/02: Vicki's Trial Begins"
With Peter gone, Joshua brings Ben to the mausoleum.  Some people have seen Barnabas in the woods, says Joshua.  Impossible! Says Ben.  I agree, says Joshua, but there must be some explanation
[/spoiler]

The Robservations does so in a bit of a roundabout way, but at the same time it does reference the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 25, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #239 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Willie, that's enough. This is Josette Collins. It is her portrait that is hanging upstairs. From now on you MUST call her Miss Josette and Miss Josette only.'

From "#0239/0240: Robservations 11/8/01:"
At the Old House, the object of their concern is sitting across from Barnabas Collins at the elegantly set table. As Willie lights the candles, he asks Barnabas why he keeps calling her Josette. Hell, that's her name, Barnabas asserts, and that's the only name by which Willie must address her--"Miss Josette." Barnabas talks to Maggie, calling her Josette over and over, reminding her of her impeccable taste, how they always used to dine together by candlelight,...
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does reference it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST learn to never LEAVE me. You MUST STAY with me always') was back on January 14th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 26, 2022, 03:54:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #158 (1967) - Laura - 'You MUST forget.'

From "#0158/0159: Robservations 09/11/01: Liz Loses All Her Marbles"
It's so close to remembering, I can almost grasp it! says Liz. You might never remember that image that's glimmering in your mind, says Laura. I will! Says Liz. Some things are best forgotten, best left unspoken, says Laura. I have to remember! gasps Liz, I know it's important! You must forget, insists Laura. No, I'll remember, says Liz.
Memories are very hazy, says Laura. Everything seems to be fading, says Liz. Memories are elusive, disappearing into the fog, says Laura, in a hypnotizing voice--a fog that envelops everything! What's happening to me, says Liz, sinking to the pillows. Time is stopping for you, says Laura, coming to a halt--not future, no past--only the nothingness of being in limbo. Liz, eyes wide, stares at Laura.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Reeves - 'It MUST be done - and quickly!') was back on December 18th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 27, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #106 (1966) - Carolyn - 'She MUST have a grudge against Uncle Roger!'

From "#0105/0106: Robservations 08/03/01: Caught Pen in Hand!"
"You think my Uncle Roger lost it there--you think he killed Bill Malloy." Her voice rises with anger, and Garner pays close attention. I don't think anything, Patterson assures her, I'm just trying to collect information. Did Vicki come to you with this wild story? asks Carolyn. She didn't come to me with a wild story, she came to me with what she knew, says Patterson. She doesn't KNOW Uncle Roger killed Bill Malloy or anyone else! insists Carolyn. And she didn't say that he did, says Patterson. She must have implied it! wails Carolyn, or why are you holding Uncle Roger? We're only holding him for questioning, so far, says Patterson. That must have been because of what Vicki told you, says Carolyn--she must have a grudge against Uncle Roger--she has no reason to say Uncle Roger or anybody else killed Bill Malloy! She has a very good reason--someone tried to kill her last night, he says--someone tried to run her down on the road from Collinsport. What? she asks, stunned.
[/spoiler]

And Carolyn certainly shows that her devotion to her uncle runs quite deep when she's obviously more than willing to cast aspersions against her supposed new best friend in defense of him - but that's our Carolyn. Not to mention Carolyn definitely proves in this section of the scene that "MUST" is most assuredly one of her favorite words!  [snow_wink] [snow_cheesy]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sheriff Patterson - 'Well then whoever it was that was trying to get into your room MUST have had a key') was back on February 14th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 28, 2022, 04:30:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #717 (1897) - Judith - 'Beth, she MUST go.'

From "Robservations - #716/717 -11/6/02 - Jenny and Her Babies"
Beth comes downstairs. She tells Judith Jenny put the "babies" back to sleep. Judith calls Beth a fool--we are all turning as mad as she is--those aren't babies, but breakable dolls--she's had dozens of them, and can't tell the difference between them. She can't tell the difference between anything anymore, rants Judith, including life and death--and I won't have it, not now that all this is mine. I said nothing against you, insists Beth, she just happened to find you there--all Jenny is afraid of is that you'll take her babies away. Beth, she must go, insists Judith. She has no where to go, says Beth, and you know that. Rachel is beginning to suspect more than she should, says Judith, and mustn't know about Jenny--nobody must. Beth heads back upstairs.
[/spoiler]

And something I neglected to point out when a different quote from this scene came up for the September 26th's slideshow is that there is a mistake in the part that's been excerpted because rather than "I said nothing against you, insists Beth," what actually takes place is that Beth says "She," meaning Jenny, "said nothing against you."

And this is the second quote from this ep. As mentioned above, the first (Judith - 'And I also know that Rachel is beginning to suspect more than she should. She MUSTN'T know anything about Jenny. Nobody MUST') was back on September 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 28, 2022, 08:16:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #606 (1968) - Angelique - 'You MUST put an end to their suspicions. And I'm sure you'll find a way.'

From "Robservations 8/15/02 - #606/607 - Former Vampire Now a Victim"
Hoffman and Stokes will be waiting for him, wondering why he's so long. Angelique doesn't care. What can I tell them? asks Barnabas Tell them anything, she suggests--tell them the truth. Barnabas can't do that--what can I say? I'll leave it up to you, she says. They'll be suspicious, he reminds her. You must end their suspicions, she instructs him. Yes, but it won't be easy, he says. She says that Stokes and Julia already suspect too much--he must end that, and she's sure he'll find a way. "You may leave me now--temporarily." He gives her a look of hatred as he starts to leave, and she repeats her orders about Stokes and Julia. Yes, he says. "I release you," she tells him. "You may go." Giving her another look of hatred, he limps away, and she looks after him, a woman in lust with her victim.
[/spoiler]

While not addressing it directly, the Robservations references the quote fairly well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 01, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #261 (1967) - Dr. Woodard - 'Seems to me it would be a help to us if we could locate this child. She MUST know something.'

From "#0261/0262: Robservations 11/28/01: ESCAPE!"
Hospital room - Maggie lies in a bed, unconscious. Sam asks Woodard how long she'll be like this. When Joe arrives and touches her, Maggie jumps with fear. She must have been terrorized by someone, theorizes Woodard. Sam explain how and why he came to find Maggie-Sarah. Maggie mutters the little girl's name.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations falls into the period where there isn't much detail. The way the quote comes up is that after Sam explains that a strange little girl told him where he might find Maggie, Dr. Woodard makes the quoted remark...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Woodard - 'We three MUST be the only three in the world') was back on April 16th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 02, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #79 (1966) - David - 'She said that you wanted to get it in any way you could. And I MUSTN'T see you again.'

From "#0079/0080: Robservations 07/17/01: Burke Plays Carolyn and David"
Burke leads David into his hotel room and locks the door. He checks the kitchen and bedroom, making sure they're alone. OK, he says, now, what's on your mind? Is it true you want to take Collinwood and everything away from my Aunt Elizabeth? asks David (such a pathetic face)! Who on earth told you that? asks Burke. That's what she said, David tells him--you said you wanted to get it in any way you could--and that I wasn't to see you ever again. Burke leans down and asks him if she said he offered to buy it--did she say that? All she said was I could never could see you again, because you wanted to get it in any way you could, says David. Ah, Davy, says Burke, his hands on the boy's shoulders, sit down. They sit on the sofa and Burke reminds him of the last time he was here--you suggested that I buy it then, remember, so we could have fun? And SHE thinks you're doing it just to be mean! says David, vastly relieved. (Ah, innocence!)
[/spoiler]

This Robservations paraphrases a bit but it references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 03, 2022, 03:44:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #128 (1966) - Maggie - 'Hey, you MUST'VE heard about Matthew Morgan.'

From "#0127/0128: Robservations 08/17/01: Who is that Blonde?"
The blonde woman enters and sits at the counter. Hello! Says Maggie--menu? No, just coffee, please, the woman says. Maggie pours her a cup and asks how she is today. Fine, thank you, the blonde replies. You must have heard about Matthew Morgan, says Maggie. No, I haven't, the woman says. They got him last night, says Maggie--he was dead. Oh? asks the woman. Yeah, they found him that way, says Maggie, continuing to fill the sugar canisters--of a heart attack--so they say. So they say? asks the woman. Some people say he died of fright, says Maggie. What was he frightened of? asks the woman. As far-fetched as it may sound, he saw the ghost of Josette Collins, Maggie tells her.
The woman looks scared.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 04, 2022, 04:56:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #260 (1967) - Sarah - 'You MUSTN'T die. I don't want you to die.'

From "#0259/0260: Robservations 11/27/01: Sarah Visits"
Sarah appears in Maggie's cell, playing "London Bridge" on a flute. Don't cry, says Sarah--I'll let you keep my doll. Realizing Sarah is real, Maggie begs her to go to Sam Evans, her father, and tell him she's here. Sarah assures Maggie she doesn't want her to die. Tell me how to get out of this cell, pleads Maggie, and Sarah tells her a riddle that will show her how-
[/spoiler]

Despite this ep being in the period where there isn't much detail, and despite the Robservations not referencing the quote directly, it does reference it well...