Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118462 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1275 on: August 11, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #794 (1897) - 'Victor' - '*I* MUST get it!'

From "Robservations 2/4/03 - #794/795 - Hope For Quentin?"
The lady named Angelique may be a most formidable enemy, or a most valuable friend, says Victor.  I regard her as an enemy, says Aristede, since she tried to choke me.  The hand doesn't always bring out the best in people, says Victor--she would kill to get it, as would you, or I.  I vow to kill her next time I see her, says Aristede.  I doubt that, says Victor--I'm convinced she has supernatural powers, which means it will be tough to get the hand from her.  We must get the hand, says Aristede.  Victor counters, "*I* must get it!"  Allow me to get it back, begs Aristede.  This calls for careful planning, says Victor, and finesse--we will have to stick around longer than I anticipated
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly. Though one thing it doesn't mention is that 'Victor' slams his right hand down on the table when he delivers it...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first ('Victor' - 'The hand! I MUST get the hand!') was back on October 11th. 'Victor' definitely has a one-track mind in this ep - though one could definitely say he has a one-track mind until he actually gets the hand...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 12, 2022, 04:54:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #700 (1969) - Maggie - 'David, before we go, there's one more thing you MUST do.'

From "Robservations 10/23/02 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching #700/701"
David stands at the top of the stairs, Maggie at the bottom. I'm coming to get you, she says, Quentin can't stop me, he doesn't have the courage--David belongs to me and his family. She heads slowly up the stairs, begging David come to her. In one leap, he runs into her arms. She calls out his name, hugs him, tells him there's one more thing you must do
[/spoiler]

It doesn't reference it entirely but the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'David, you MUST. You have to send Quentin away') was back on August 2nd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 13, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #607 (1968) - Nicholas - 'You MUST NOT see Barnabas again!'

From "Robservations 8/15/02 - #606/607 - Former Vampire Now a Victim"
Blair House living room - Angelique looks out the window. In a few moments, the sun will rise, she says, and when it sets again, she will summon Barnabas to come to her. He won't be able to resist her, she says dreamily, and he will be hers at last. She smiles at this thought. Nicholas enters. She tells him she must go to her coffin. He insists on speaking to her--don't argue, he orders, this is vital--it's Barnabas and you are concerned. Stay away from him, orders Nicholas. But you told me. . .she protests. Nichilas knows, but he must change his mind because of Adam. They forgot--Eric Lang's message on the tape recorder! It said there was a connection between Adam and Barnabas, and if anything happens to the latter, the same would happen to Adam. And something has--he has wounds on his neck, says Nicholas, and is weak and dazed, just as Barnabas is--you must not see Barnabas again. When I rise, I'll need Barnabas, she insists. Call Joe, Nick orders. I don't want Joe! Ang says.
Too bad, says Nick, summon him anyway. Ang accuses him of wanting Joe summoned because of Maggie Evans and Nicholas' involvement with her--you want her for yourself. Beside the point, says Nicholas--the sun is rising, are you going to do as I say? She agrees to his terms; he calls her wise. She goes to her coffin, slowly, first turning to give him a look before heading to "bed."
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 15, 2022, 12:40:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #450 (1796) - Joshua - 'MUST I say the words?'

From "#0449/0450: Robservations 04/19/02: Joshua Tries to Make it Right"
Joshua sets up Barn's portrait in the drawing room. You didn't tell me everything, she says--you must trust me, tell me all--I need a name for this enemy. "My son. . .my son is a vampire," Joshua says painfully, made so by the curse
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, after Bathia says she needs a name is when Joshua asks the quote, and then he follows it up with saying that Barnabas is a vampire...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep and the first that isn't delivered by Bathia. The first (Bathia - 'There is something you MUST TELL me before I can begin') was back on June 19th of 2020. The second (Bathia - 'I fight an enemy that I MUST call by a name') was back on August 27th of 2020, and the third (Bathia - 'There MUST be a witness') was back on March 15th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #450 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #449, #678, #1057 and #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 15, 2022, 03:46:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #315 (1967) - Barnabas - 'I MUST find David before anybody else does.'

From '#0315/0316: Robservations 01/15/02: "Hullo, David!"'
Barnabas and Julia get into an argument over David's fate.
[/spoiler]

No doubt due to the fact that there aren't as many details during this period, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, after Julia points out that Barnabas seems to be "in an unusual hurry" to leave, and Barnabas compliments her on how perceptive she is (I absolutely love their exchange), and then after Julia says she suspects it's for a reason he hasn't told her, Barnabas counters with, "I gave you my reason," and follows that with the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sarah - 'They MUST be very worried about you') was back on April 25th.

And I've mentioned this before but this is one of those episodes that whenever I come across it, it seems like I just saw it today. I totally remember my 11-year-old self reclining on my couch and really getting into it. It's funny how some eps are like that...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 16, 2022, 08:32:00 PM »
It struck me yesterday after I posted about Saturday's quote that a clip from Ep #315 was used to promote DS when it was on in '80s syndication in my area. I dug out the tape I thought the promo was on and indeed it was. However, for some reason the video portion wouldn't play in my current VCR, only the audio - this, despite the fact that the video and audio for the DS eps do play. Who knows? However, I've recreated it as best I could:

This promo ran Jan-Mar of 1986, between the time Eps #315-#365 were airing...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 16, 2022, 08:54:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #142 (1967) - Vicki - 'I'm sure there MUST be an explanation.'

From "#0142/0143: Robservations 08/28/01: Through a Painting Darkly"
Cottage - Sam looks at the painting, tortured. What made me paint this? he agonizes--I only wish I knew. Pop, says Maggie, you've painted things before and haven't known where the idea came from, she says. Sure, he says, but painting like this, with this kind of intensity, had to come from some place specifically! I'm sure there must be an explanation, comforts Vicki. You've been thinking about Laura Collins ever since she came back, says Maggie--it's obvious to me where you got the idea from. OK, he says, I'm willing to buy that, but that doesn't explain the mood, the feeling, of this painting--the control it's got, the feeling AI got when I worked on it--all the fire in it!--why is it such a violent painting? It's because I explained the legend of the Phoenix bird, says Maggie--I remembered it affected you--it's a logical explanation for everything. I've disliked my canvases before, says Sam viciously, but I've never hated one before--I hate this one, I can't stand to look at it! Take it easy, urges Maggie I feel that thing owns me, says Sam, dictates to me--commands me--I don't ever want to put a brush to it again--I don't want to look at it anymore!
[/spoiler]

It's so nice to be reminded that during the pre-Barn eps Vicki actually had a brain. She often said things had explanations and often came up with them herself.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I've given it some thought and decided what MUST be done') was back on June 24th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 17, 2022, 07:40:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #43 (1966) - Bill - 'Only I MUST say Sam makes no secret of it.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
Look, why don't you let me take you home? Joe asks Bill. Bless your heart, says Bill, I don't need to be taken anywhere--you're thinkin' this is gettin' the better of me, eh? I didn't say that, Joe assures him. You're thinkin' Bill Malloy is takin' the secret drink and you've discovered his vice, says Bill. Of course not, says Joe, but Bill plows on--like Sam Evans, only I must say Sam makes no secret of it, only a secret of WHY. Mr. Evans has been drinking as long as I can remember, says Joe. You're memory doesn't go back very far--no reflection on you, says Bill, it just means that you're too young to remember when Sam Evans was as happy a man you could find in the township of Collinsport.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 18, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #735 (1897) - Laura - 'You MUST do as I tell you, darling.'

From "Robservations 11/20/02 - #734-735 - Jamison Escapes the Closet; Worthington Burns"
Come closer, begs Laura.  You'll leave again! accuses Nora, like you always do!  When you're grownup, you will understand, Laura promises.  Where are you, cries Nora, why can't I see you?  Laura encourages her to look into the fire if she loves her--closer.  No, I'm afraid, cries Nora.  Trust me, says Laura.  Come here and take me away, begs Nora.  I must do it this way, her mother insists--I didn't want to leave you, that night in Collinwood, I went to your room, saw you there, sleeping, but they wouldn't let me take my children--they had taken them away.
Nora promises "mummy", I'll come to you.  Come closer, urges Laura, look into the fire, where I'll be smiling--do you see my face now?  No, says Nora.  Come closer, says Laura, come to me!  Finally, Nora spots her mother's face.  Laura tells her daughter, come closer. . .
[/spoiler]

The Robservations sort of references the quote. When it comes to "I must do it this way, her mother insists," in the actual ep things don't transpire quite that way because what Laura actually says is the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 19, 2022, 04:44:35 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #466 (1968) - Jeff - 'Well, I MUST have a double somewhere.'

From "#0465/0466: Robservations 05/01/02: Elopement, Interrupted; Mad Doc"
She's surprised he doesn't know who she is, I was sure you'd remember--we knew each other long ago. He seems puzzled. His face, his hair, his hands are all the same, points out Vicki--you are Peter Bradford.
I'm Jeff Clark, he corrects her, sorry to be upsetting you.
[/spoiler]

For some strange reason, because it isn't that there's little detail, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However, the quote comes up after Vicki points out all the different ways he resembles Peter and before she states that he is Peter...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Lang - 'Mr. Collins, you and I MUST talk') was back on May 26th of 2020, the second (Julia - 'I MUST have an ambulance immediately') was back on May 31st of 2020, the third (Julia - 'Alright. But there are certain precautions that MUST be taken. Under no circumstances MUST he be exposed to any light') was back on November 30th of 2020, and the fourth (Jeff - 'You MUST'VE liked this Peter Bradford a great deal. I envy him') was back on May 29th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #449, #678, #1057 & #1111.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 20, 2022, 02:24:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #315 (1967) - Julia - 'Barnabas, I MUST insist that you stay here for the time being.'

From '#0315/0316: Robservations 01/15/02: "Hullo, David!"'
She wants him to wait 15 minutes for an injection,
[/spoiler]

Because there aren't many details during this period, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However, as Barnabas goes to get his cape, Julia delivers the quote. Barnabas warns her that his patience is not without its limits and if she interferes with his plans, she'll come to regret it. But Julia explains he needs to have another injection and the timing of them is of vital importance...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Sarah - 'They MUST be very worried about you') was back on April 25th, and the second (Barnabas - 'I MUST find David before anybody else does') was back on August 13th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 21, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1188 (1841PT) - Flora - 'I MUST insist you remain in your room after dinner.'

From "#1187/1188: Robservations 12/01/03: In Gabriel's Clutches!"
My demands on you are very few, says Flora, but I must insist you remain in your room after diner, and pay no attention to any sounds you hear outside your room.  Stella nods--yes, she says, just as you wish.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly... (Though who knew that the 1841PT Collinses ate at a diner?)

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Flora - 'You MUST learn not to become hysterical every time you hear some strange noise in the night') was back on December 11th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 22, 2022, 05:46:38 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1188 (1841) - Joanna - 'I MUST see my sister - it's very urgent.'

From "#1187/1188: Robservations 12/01/03: In Gabriel's Clutches!"
Gerard exits the drawing room and joins Joanna and Gabriel in the foyer.  I'm sorry for coming so late, says Joanna, but I must see my sister--it's very urgent.  I'm afraid she's not here, says Gerard.  Do you know where I might find her? queries Joanna.  No, I don't--she left the house, I don't know when she'll return, says Gerard.  Gabriel listens with interest.  Do you mind if I wait? asks Joanna.  Can't you take care of your business with your sister in the morning? asks Sam curtly--it's very late, you know.  I know my presence here is unwelcome, says Joanna, but as I said, my business is very urgent.  We understand, says Gerard--why don't you wait in your sister's room?
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first, from 1841PT (Flora - 'You MUST learn not to become hysterical every time you hear some strange noise in the night'), was back on December 11th, and the second, not just from 1841PT but from the same scene (Flora - 'I MUST insist you remain in your room after dinner'), was back on August 19th. It's the first time quotes from the same ep have ever followed one another in the slideshow - but there are very few eps that feature two separate storylines - Ep #1188 featuring both 1840/41 and 1841PT.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 25, 2022, 12:54:11 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1101 (1970) - Leticlyn - 'Why MUST you always be so cruel?'

From "#1101/1102: Robservations 09/11/03: Caught!"
Daphne, realizing that death is imminent, presses her forehead to the door and begins to sob.  Suddenly, the flames disappear.  She backs away from the door, staring around the undamaged room.  Finding the door opens easily, she quickly leaves.
You were doing something to the doll's house, weren't you, Gerard? asks Carolyn--you were trying to destroy it--I won't let you do that--it isn't yours to do with as you wish, it belongs to Carrie!  Gerard glares at her.  I gave it to her for her birthday, and she's so devoted to it--I will not allow anything to happen to it, Carolyn (Leticia?) insists--why must you always be so cruel, Gerard--why have you no feelings for others?--poor Carrie never did anything to you, why would you want to hurt her--or was it someone else you were trying to hurt?
[/spoiler]

And of course Leticlyn = Carolyn possessed by Leticia.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 26, 2022, 01:40:48 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1001 (1970PT) - Angelique - 'You MUST face it, you MUST accept it.'

From "#1000/1001: Robservations 06/27/03: Switched at Death"
We see the sisters face to face now, Angelique stripping off the long, white gloves she wears in her portrait as Alexis holds her coat closed in abject fear. The dead cannot live again, insists Alexis. "They can, to help the living," insists Angelique--how my body remained preserved, that will remain my secret, but I always knew that my spirit would never die, that someday someone would have to come and open my casket, and all that would be needed was the touch of a human hand--you gave me that! The warmth of your touch brought the life back into my body!" Angelique is stunning, exultant, but Alexis still doesn't believe it. That's what's happening now, and of course you don't believe it, mocks Angelique, but it is happening--you can feel that, can't you? It's so cold, whispers Alexis. And you will become colder, and colder, until all the warmth is gone from your body and you die! promises Angelique--I must have your warmth to sustain myself! No! protests Alexis. "Keep looking into my eyes, Alexis," commands Angelique. No, please! begs her sister. "You cannot resist me--you will keep looking into my eyes!" cries Angelique. "NO, I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" screams Alexis. Your time has come, says Angelique cruelly, and you must face it, you must accept it, you have only a few moments left, and in that time, you're going to tell me all I need to know before we change places. Change places? asks the shivering Alexis. You will take my place in the coffin, says Angelique, advancing on her sister, and I will take yours at Collinwood. NOOOOO! howls Alexis futilely.
Thunder rolls and lightning flashes overhead as Trask returns to stand outside the tomb
[/spoiler]