Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118316 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1665 on: August 13, 2023, 10:22:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1065 (1995) - Carolyn - 'If you do know, you MUST tell me. You MUSTN'T keep it a secret from me!'

From "#1064/1065: Robservations 08/14/03: Madness & Death"
When we were outside the door, we heard voices, notes Julia--who was it? I was talking to myself, says Carolyn, rocking vigorously, I often talk to myself because I'm alone so much--I don't like being alone--I ask myself how long it will be before they all come back. Before WHO comes back? asks Barnabas. Everyone, answers Carolyn--do you know where they've gone?  Barnabas looks at Julia and patiently asks Carolyn, who are you talking about?  If you do know, says Carolyn, you must tell me, you mustn't keep it a secret from me.
She grows petulant, gritting her teeth, and says, it isn't fair!  Barnabas and Julia exchange sympathetic looks.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'I warn you, you MUST stop going there') was back on April 6th of 2020, and the second (Barnabas - 'Then we MUST go in. Quentin, we MUST go in!') was back on July 20th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 14, 2023, 07:26:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1018 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'What?!-- You MUST have made a mistake.'

From "#1018/1019: Robservations 07/14/03: Framing Maggie; Another Victim Needed"
Hospital - Quentin gets dressed. He looks in the mirror and adjusts his hideous mustard-colored shirt. Cyrus enters.  Quentin asks, "What's the bad news?" Cyrus, chart in hand, notes, the tests proved most fascinating. You mean I have to go through more? asks Quentin.  No, we've completed them, responds Cyrus. Don't tell me I have some hitherto undiscovered tropical disease, says Quentin. If you had, says Cyrus, perhaps I'd have known what to do. What are you talking about? asks Q. There's nothing wrong with you, says Cyrus.  This shocks Quentin, who asks, WHAT?--you must have made a mistake. No mistake, says Cyrus, you're in perfect physical condition. You saw me last night, Quentin reminds him--in extreme pain, barely able to breathe. I'm aware of that, says Cyrus, but these tests don't lie--you're in sound health. Did the report say anything about mys mental condition? asks Quentin. Mentally, you're fine--as well balanced as anyone I know, says Cyrus (that's not good!)  A man doesn't have an attack for no reason, says Quentin--there must be either a mental or physical cause. There's a third possibility, suggests Cyrus--the symptoms appeared so suddenly, without any reasons whatsoever, or warning, that this must have been caused by something supernatural.  Quentin stares at him.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'You MUST be able to read minds') was back on April 14th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 15, 2023, 08:06:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #976 (1970) - Roger - 'That man MUST have been a maniac!'

From "Robservations 6/11/03 - #976-977 - Tragic Attack"
Roger and Carolyn return to Collinwood. She buries her face in her hands.  Her uncle asks her for explanations. Please, she begs, not now. I know that man must have been a maniac, says Roger, but he's also supposed to be a friend of Jeb's, right? I don't know, I'm confused, says Carolyn. I want to speak to Jeb, insists Roger.  I don't want Jeb or Mother to know what happened tonight, says Carolyn. In heaven's name, why not? demands Roger. I can't tell you that, she says. This man is dangerous--the police should be notified, says Roger. Promise me you won't call them, pleads Carolyn. I don't understand your attitude at all, complains Roger--he could have killed you tonight--and what did he do to Chris Jennings? Promise me you won't tell anyone about this, at least not tonight, she says--if anyone talks to Jeb, I will. Do it ASAP, suggests Roger.  I will, Carolyn assures him.

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Bruno - 'I don't like doing it, Carolyn-- But it MUST be done-- Jeb MUST be punished') was back on October 9th of 2020, the second (Roger - 'I am... but I'm, um... there's something I MUST do before I GO to bed') was back on January 8th of 2021, and the third (Roger - 'People like ourselves are living a completely different existence... here in this room. I MUST find Barnabas and tell him'), which is related to 1970PT, was back on May 18th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #976 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #886, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384. #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 16, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #881 (1897) - Petofi - 'When one loses an engagement, one doesn't surrender, one fights harder to win the next engagement. I MUST act now. There are many reasons for me to go to the future, but not one for me to stay here.'

From "Robservations 4/7/03 - #880-881 - Plenty 'o' Deaths; Petofi Tries--Again"
Back at the studio, Petofi pours himself a drink. To Aristede, he toasts--Charles, we spent many pleasant hours together, but in the final test, he proved disloyal. He didn't look so pleasant lying on the floor in the mill, says Charles coldly. Death seldom shows us at our best, says Petofi--you shouldn't upset yourself over Aristede. Aristede wasn't Garth's only victim, says Charles--on his way back here, he stumbled on the body of a woman. Whatever she did to anger the Master of Dartmoor, says Petofi, she won't do it again. You look so self-satisfied, says Charles, but then you don't know who the woman was. Why should I care? asks P. The woman was a gypsy! cries Tate, right in Petofi's face.  This catches the old man's attention--where did you see her? Close to here, says Tate. She must have known I was here, says Petofi, thanks to Aristede--his last act of betrayal--I must hurry, I have no time to lose. He stands but nearly passes out.  Tate warns him against going anywhere. My psychic powers are as weak as this body, says Petofi, I won't he able to go anywhere, but I must escape them--I must and will, I, Petofi, can do anything, and I must go to the future now--I'm going as Quentin, that is how I'll go, he vows. He has his own body back, Tate reminds him.  I have mine back, too, says Petofi--and the power of the hand as well--when one loses an engagement, one doesn't surrender, one fights harder to win the next--I must act now, there are many reasons for me to go to the future, but not one to stay here. Garth Blackwood, Tate reminds him.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'MUSTN'T sleep. MUSTN'T. Too much to do before I leave Collinwood. But maybe...just for a minute...') was back on December 28th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 17, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #58 (1966) - David - 'I went down to the rocks and I figured out the exact spot where Mr. Malloy's body MUST have been.'

From "#0057/0058: Robservations 06/27/01: Vicki in the Lions' Den?"
David returns from outside and tells Carolyn he figured out the exact spot where Mr. Malloy's body must have been
--maybe the exact spot doesn't matter that much, but... He heads into the drawing room and Carolyn orders him to come back here--didn't he understand anything she said to him? Sure, you don't like this house, he says. I'm talking about Mr. Malloy, she says--what you're doing is morbid--can't you see that? No, he says, because I don't know what that means.

The Robservations doesn't references the entire quote, but what it does, it does so perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sam - 'But surely you MUST'VE spoken to them. After all, Caroline is your lady love') was back on July 23rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 18, 2023, 03:02:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #190 (1967) - Vicki - 'But Mr. Collins put her on the bus to Heartland early this morning. She MUST be there, waiting for her train.'

From "#0190/0191: Robservations 10/03/01: Into the Fire"
Mrs. Johnson is sure if David went with his mother, harm will befall him; she's afraid of Laura. Vicki says she is, too, but Mr. Collins put her on the Heartland bus early this morning, and therefore she must be there, waiting for her train. Mrs. Johnson bets she got off the bus before it left Collinsport. Vicki says they can find out--she'll phone the bus station, and the driver will tell her what happened. Mrs. J says she thinks Laura is somewhere nearby--with David. Vicki picks up the phone

The Robservations changes things a bit but still references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Burke - 'Laura MUST have been here') was back on December 2nd of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 19, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #318 (1967) - Barnabas - 'And I MUST see to it that it doesn't happen to me.'

From "#0317/0318: Robservations 01/16/02: Who Influrnces Barnabas?--Only Sarah"
In the secret room, Barnabas accuses Julia of arousing Woodard's curiosity. He opens the panel. David must be silenced, insists Barnabas, but Julia protests. Barnabas opens the coffin and shoves her into it violently. "Think about an existence of total darkness and loneliness," he says--"does that appeal to you?" Of course not, she answers. I intend to remain free and take my chances, he tells her. He closes the coffin and they leave.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However, it comes up after Julia says that being sealed in the coffin doesn't appeal to her...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'You MUST find Sarah and persuade her not to tell David any more of your secrets') was back on June 24th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 20, 2023, 01:58:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #367 (1795) - Jeremiah - 'You MUST-- if you don't, you could be in real trouble.'

From "#0367/0368_0369: Robservations 02/22/02: Introducing Angelique"
]Vicki is pacing her room at the Old House when Jeremiah comes in with her clothes--keep them hidden, he advises. He tells her they must concoct a story, a plausible lie, to tell Joshua, or she'll be in danger.

The Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote but it does reference the circumstances under which it appears...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Abigail - 'It MUST be crushed, destroyed!') was back on August 7th of 2020, the second (Joshua - 'But you MUST understand, I am engaging you only on a trial basis. If at any time and for any reason I decide to discharge you, you MUST go immediately') was back on May 15th of 2022, and the third (Jeremiah - 'The point is, Joshua, you MUST decide whether she stays or goes. That is, unless of course Abigail has taken over as head of the household') was back on February 22nd. So that all means that Ep #367 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #886, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384. #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 21, 2023, 06:10:24 PM »
And once again for those who may not know, when this ep was shown in '80s syndication it was a kinescope. The color Master Tape wasn't issued until Volume 28 of the MPI VHS tapes came out in June of 1991. The Sci-Fi Channel also ran the color version.

And as I mentioned previously, the day Ep #367 aired I was getting terrible over-the-air reception (which happened rarely, but it did happen.  [easter_rolleyes])  And it didn't help that some kinescopes weren't the clearest to begin with. But again, the point here is to show that it was a kinescope:

It's also interesting how much more the Master Tape shows of the frame compared to the kinescope. But then kinescopes were recorded off of TV monitors, which always cut off parts of the frame...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 22, 2023, 02:46:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #641 (1968) - Liz - 'She MUST forget Jeff Clark. You know that as well as I do. She MUST.'

From "Robservations 9/11/2 - #641/642 - Insane Love/Who is Magda?"
7 AM - Collinwood's foyer - Liz tells Stokes that while she knows Vicki sent for him, she fears what she will ask him to do. Stokes promises to help as much as possible, but Liz wants Vicki to forget Jeff Clark--it's for the best. Don't encourage her, says Liz.

Again, the Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote but it does reference the circumstances under which it appears...
If only we could all forget Jeff Clark!! [easter_rolleyes] [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'MUST is a word I do not recognize. I can or I cannot. I wish to or I don't wish to') was back on January 6th, and the second ( Vicki - 'You gave my husband something that last night. Something that made him know that he had lived before. Something that MUST have made him available to be called back') was back on June 10th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 22, 2023, 03:34:00 PM »
It struck me yesterday after I posted about Saturday's quote that a clip from Ep #315 was used to promote DS when it was on in '80s syndication in my area. I dug out the tape I thought the promo was on and indeed it was. However, for some reason the video portion wouldn't play in my current VCR, only the audio - this, despite the fact that the video and audio for the DS eps do play. Who knows? However, I've recreated it as best I could:

This promo ran Jan-Mar of 1986, between the time Eps #315-#365 were airing...

Seems I was a bit off because while preparing to capture video to get that screen capture from the kinescope of EP #367 in Reply #1672 I came across the following version of the ad. There's a slight glitch to it - but still, it's the full ad:

How I missed it when I prepared to get video for the three previous screen captures is beyond me because it comes up on the tape right before Ep #367. But maybe the other three times I fast forwarded the tape to a point where Ep #367 was already in progress and I never saw the beginning. Who knows? But I found it this time around...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 23, 2023, 12:04:16 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #644 (1968) - Carolyn - 'It's Magda--she MUST want us to go someplace.'

From "Robservations 9/12/02 - #643/644 - David, Amy and Quentin"
Roger, Carolyn and Liz troop downstairs. Roger is going to search the grounds, but won't let Liz--and don't phone Chris until after the kids are found, he says. Carolyn and Liz go into the drawing room and wonder why David had to go out tonight in a storm. Carolyn feels a hand pushing her toward the door. It's Magda--she must want us to go someplace, the only place in the house we haven't searched--the West Wing. Carolyn thinks they should go, and if Roger won't go with her, she'll go alone. Roger follows her, annoyed. He won't allow her to go alone.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Amy - 'Quentin MUST be playing that music. He MUST be someplace nearby') was back on July 6th

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 23, 2023, 02:07:17 AM »
I don't remember how Carolyn knew about Magda. A séance?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 23, 2023, 02:58:39 AM »
 [pointing-up]  Yup. In Ep #642, during a seance that was supposed to contact Jeff Clark (remember, he'd disappeared into the past and Betsy Durkin's Vicki was desperate to contact him), Magda was actually the one who was contacted and she spoke through Carolyn.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 23, 2023, 02:34:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1133 (1840) - Angerie - 'Valerie, please, Barnabas-- you MUSTN'T give me away-- you'll give yourself away as well.'

From "#1133/1134_1135: Robservations 10/21/03: Valerie Threatens Roxanne"
Angelique sits by the fire in the Collinwood drawing room.  She hears the front door open and goes out to greet Barnabas.  You've come to call! she says cheerily. On Quentin, he says, turning away from her.  You'll have to settle for me, she says--you and I still have a great deal to discuss.  I think we said everything we can say to each other, he says.  No, says Angelique, you still haven't told me about my new sister in law, Julia.  He turns to face her.  I never knew I had such a CLOSE relation, says Ang sarcastically--I knew you had a sister--Sarah--but she's dead, remember?  You caused her death, Barnabas reminds her harshly--I will never forget it.  Perhaps, says Angelique, I will be equally kind to Julia.  Angelique! he explodes.  Valerie, she corrects in a hushed voice--you mustn't give me away--you'll give yourself away as well.  I'm quite aware of that, he says testily, walking away from her again.  So, she says, you have found yourself a sister--where did you find her, the woods?  (Bitchy, bitchy)  Make up any story that will satisfy you, advises Barn.  Nothing will satisfy me except the truth, she says--it seems she came here to meet you, saying she received some kind of note--but it was several days before you arrived and she became quite concerned--where were you hiding?--does she know what you are?  He turns to look at her.  I wouldn't trust her if I were you, continues Angelique. I do implicitly, Barnabas assures her.  Are you in love with her? demands Angelique.  She's a friend, that's all, says Barn.  Where did you get such a good friend, hm? asks Ang--where did you get such a good friend, and how long have you been out of the coffin?  I don't think it's wise to discuss these things here, says Barnabas.  Do you plan to answer me? she asks.  No, he says.  DO you think that's wise? she inquires, her face very close to his.

The Robservations doesn't reference the complete quote - but what it does, it does so perfectly...

And given the quote, this is probably unnecessary, but Angerie = Angelique using the alias Valerie...

And the way Angerie brings up Sarah - you just want to slap her across the face!! Lara Parker really nails it - that expression on her face when she says Sarah is dead is beyond nasty!!  [thumb]