Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118245 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1215 on: June 16, 2022, 01:42:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #636 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'It MUST be controlled. The ritual is the only way.'

From "Robservations 9/6/02 - Vicki, Perpetual Victim - #635/636"
Stokes lets Jeff in, who tells him, someone picked up your phone but didn't say anything. Stokes suspects his home is haunted, but he's never in his reading encountered a ghost who used the telephone (this is prophetic, given what will soon happen). Jeff says someone was there, he heard breathing. Wrong numbers, says Stokes--I was out finding the herbs I told you about. He opens a packet and shows Jeff, telling him he advises against this. You promised to help me, Jeff reminds him. Stokes admits he is having second thoughts--the herbs can be dangerous, and mysterious things could happen. I need that, insists Jeff. Trapped between curiosity and knowledge, says Stokes, and suggests he discuss this with Vicki. The herbs can help me remember if I'm using Jeff Clark's body, but am really Peter Bradford--I need to know more, like how I came to this century-- then I could go back to my own (please, GO!). Stokes advises him to marry Vicki and consider it an unusual marriage--but most are, in one way or another. When Stokes' back is turned, Jeff munches some of the herbs. Stokes catches him and demands to know what he's doing--you must do it by the ritual, the only way it can be controlled, protests Stokes--you might have spoiled it! He orders Jeff to sit down, turns off the light, and lights a candle on the table.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrase a bit but references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 17, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
Apparently something strange happened to the screen caps I'd uploaded for today's slideshow and they weren't displaying in the correct order - actually, today's wasn't displaying at all. But I've uploaded them again and they're working fine now. However, if you've been to the forum between 12am ET and a few minutes ago, you'll probably need to clear your browser's cache in order to see things correctly.  [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 18, 2022, 03:20:32 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #300 (1967) - Julia - 'You MUST cooperate with me. Which reminds me, you broke your word to me.'

From "#0299/0300: Robservations 01/03/02: Mrs. Burke Devlin?"
He tries to sidestep around her accusation that he paid Vicki a visit the night before, but he defensively claims he only wanted to LOOK at her.
Bull, says Julia, I know what you are and what you REALLY wanted.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is during the period when they lack detail and the quote is barely referenced. However it comes up right before Julia confronts Barnabas over the fact that he'd been in Vicki's room the night before...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Burke Devlin MUST die!') was back on April 1st of 2020 (and was the one that kicked off this whole slideshow), the second (Barnabas - 'Unfortunately we MUST trust each other. Neither one of us has any other choice') was back on February 18th of 2021, and the third (Barnabas - 'You MUST cure me!') was back on August 31st. So that all means that Ep #300 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #727, #993, #1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #211, #449, #678 and #1057 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 19, 2022, 05:30:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #103 (1966) - Roger - 'You MUST be exhausted if you've been walking all this time.'

From "#0103/0104: Robservations 08/02/01: Will My Real Enemy Please Stand Up?"
Collinwood - Vicki comes out of the kitchen, quietly closing the door. She sneaks upstairs, but Roger calls her from the drawing room. You startled me, she says, coming back down. I'm sorry, says Roger. I didn't know anyone was up this late, she says. I was worried about you, he says--won't you come in for a moment. She joins him, walking slowly--you knew I'd gone out? she says. Please don't think I was spying on you, he says--I thought of something else that you ought to know--he prepares another drink--I went up and knocked on your door, and to my surprise, no Vicki! I couldn't sleep, she says, I went for a walk. You must be exhausted if you've been walking all this time, he chuckles grimly. I wasn't walking all the time, she says, I went to Maggie Evans' house. (uh oh) Did you? he asks--and how is Maggie Evans? She's fine, says Vicki--you remember, she called me earlier this evening. Yes, I seem to remember, you spoke at some length, says Roger--something to do with the portrait of the Hanscomb girl? That's right, nods Vicki. Then is that what you discussed this evening? asks Roger, knowing she's lying. Yes, says Vicki, she said she found out something new about it, but apparently she was wrong. What a shame, says Roger--then your visit was entirely wasted. Not really, says Vicki, I like talking to Maggie. So do I, he says, I must really get to know her better. She's lots of fun, says Vicki, it's nice to talk to someone who has no big problems to solve. Yes, says Roger, sipping his drink, I can imagine. He drains the glass. You said you wanted to see me, she says. It's not important, he assures her. What was it about? she asks. Out minds run in the same channels, I was about to suggest to you that you call Maggie Evans. What for? asks Vicki. To see if she can throw any light on the portrait of the Hanscomb girl.
That is a coincidence, agrees Vicki. I told you, laughs Roger, our minds seem to work alike. I think I'll go to bed tonight, says Vicki--I'm quite tired. You should be tired, agrees Roger, after that long walk. She nods and bids him good night. He watches her go upstairs. Pleasant dreams, Miss winters he says, taking another slug of his drink.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote perfectly...

I absolutely love this scene, which is why I've posted the entire Robservations summary of it. It reminds me of the scene in 1897's Ep #863 in which Gregory rambles on and on to Edward about how he visited Judith in the sanitarium and how much worse she was and Edward reacts with feigned sympathy which can barely contain his extreme amusement because he knows that Judith has returned to Collinwood and is perfectly fine. Here it's a case that Roger knows full well that Vicki didn't see Maggie because while Vicki was out Maggie had called Collinwood earlier in the night to speak to Vicki, had also revealed that she and her father hadn't been home because they were at the Blue Whale, and not only that but she hadn't seen Vicki at all. And like Edward, Roger can barely contain his amusement over all of Vicki's lies - and all that begins with the quoted line, as can be seen in the screen cap I chose for it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 20, 2022, 06:26:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1236 (1841PT) - Gabriel - 'No one MUST know anything about this.'

From "#1236/1237: Robservations 01/12/04: Gabriel Attacks Again"
Gabriel sneaks into Catherine's room, where she lies asleep--vulnerable.  He quietly walks over to her.  Is that you, Melanie? she asks, eyes still closed.  She opens her eyes and sees who it is--"Gabriel!" she cries, staring up at him fearfully.  I haven't much time, he says.  What are you doing here? she asks.  What is Gabriel doing? he repeats, referring to himself in the third person--Gabriel is leaving--nothing became his life more than the leaving it--I read that in a play somewhere--oh, you didn't know Gabriel could be clever and witty, did you?--he chuckles.  Catherine sits up, then stands--I should call someone to help you, she says.  He grabs her--call no one, he orders--no one must know anything about this--we wouldn't want anyone else to know what we're up to, he asks, would we?  His face is very close to hers, as though he's going in for a kiss.  Terrified, she asks, what do you want from me?  Money! he cries, that's the only way I can get out of here--the only way I can get them to open the gates of hell and let me out!
[/spoiler]

And because even after clearing their browsers' caches for some odd reason some people still couldn't see the screen cap, here it is:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 21, 2022, 04:32:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1173 (1840) - Daphne - 'Of course, you're right, someone MUST have overheard us in the jail.'

From "#1173/1174_1175: Robservations 11/19/03: Desmond in Deep Trouble"
Gerard sloppily pours himself a drink and gulps it down.  Daphne comes downstairs and gazes at him in confusion.  She sits by the fire, not saying anything.  You look as though you had a nice nap, he says--did you rest well?--I was thinking of you earlier--perhaps it would be best if you went to Desmond and told him to get prepared for what Trask is going to bring into court.  Yes, you're right, says Daphne, I'll go to Desmond first thing in the morning before he goes to court.  And if you like, I'll be happy to take you there, says Gerard.  How very strange you are, she says seriously, I owe you an apology for doubting you so--of course, you're right, someone must have overheard us in the jail. You believe me now? he asks.  Yes, she says.  Why? he asks.  I don't know, she says, I just feel differently, that's all.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Daphne - 'I MUST of had that dream again-- but why can't I remember it?') was back on June 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 22, 2022, 03:30:31 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1102 (1970) - Tadid - 'I MUST get candles now.'

From "#1101/1102: Robservations 09/11/03: Caught!"
Tad finishes drawing the pentagram on the floor.  I must get candles now, he tells himself.
[/spoiler]

And Tadid = David possessed by Tad...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Daphne - 'But I MUST think. I MUST decide what I MUST do') was back on October 8th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 23, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #996 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'Whoever he is, he MUST be pretty dangerous.'

From "#0996/0997: Robservations 06/25/03: Yaeger & Buffy"
Do you know the man who attacked him? asks Quentin. He's only been in here a couple of times, she responds, I don't know him at all. Whoever he is, says Quentin, he must be pretty dangerous--I've got other things to worry about--good night. She stops him before he leaves, reminding him, when I was at Collinwood, you were very nice to me, and I never lied to you--I don't know his name, but there is someone who does know. Perhaps if there's anymore trouble, you can give the name to the police, suggests Quentin--good night. That someone is a friend of yours, she says. A friend of mine? he asks. They fought here tonight and broke a lot of stuff, explains Miss Harrington, and this guy says he's going to pay for it, and he goes out and comes back with this check, which is probably forged, but look at the signature--Cyrus Longworth. He gave you this? asks Quentin, stunned.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Alexis - 'Please TELL me, I MUST know!') was back on June 4th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 24, 2022, 02:44:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #977 (1970) - Sabrina - 'He MUST have gone upstairs.'

From "Robservations 6/11/03 - #976-977 - Tragic Attack"
Desperate for blood, Barnabas realizes--I must go out, down to the docks, anywhere... Someone knocks at the door.  He looks out the window--it's Sabrina--I can't let her in!--she'll go away if she doesn't see me. Sabrina, however, opens the door and lets herself in--Barnabas?--I could have sworn I saw you at the window.  He hides from her.  She continues calling to him. Figuring he went upstairs, she goes to check, calling his name. He exits his hiding place and goes into the drawing room. You startled me, says Sabrina.  I'm sorry, he says.  I want to talk about Chris, she says, you're the only one Chris will listen to--
[/spoiler]

This Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does reference it well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first, which was from a 1970PT scene (Chris - 'Roger, whatever you may have felt about Angelique, you MUST remember that Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back'), was back on December 25th ([ChristmaS15]) of 2020, and the second, which was from a Leviathans scene (Chris - 'Or even what happened. I-- I presume Bruno MUST have drugged me in some way'), was back on March 9th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 25, 2022, 01:26:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #853 (1897) - Lady Kitty - 'Whatever is happening to me MUST stop.'

From "Robservations 3/14/03 - #852/853 - Catfight: Kitty 'n' Ang/Petofi Gives Q a Ring"
In her room, Kitty tells Edward--whatever is happening to me must stop.  It will, he promises, with rest, and love. Will love cure me? she asks. I'm sure it will, he says gently. I don't think I could live through this without you, she says
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 26, 2022, 02:06:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #685 (1969) - Barnabas - 'You MUST help us with Amy.'

From "Robservations 10/10/02 - #684/685 - Mysterious Medallion; Braithewaite Fishes fo"
Barnabas tells David, you must help us with Amy--what's wrong?--it's important. David changes the subject--
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'In this telegram, your father specifically asked that I bring you to the airport. He MUST have missed you a great deal') was back on November 6th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 27, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #615 (1968) - Angelique - 'You MUST learn that you are mine.'

From "Robservations 8/21/02 - Julia's Horrifying Discovery - #614/615"
you're still too much your own person, Barnabas." He rises from the chair. She walks slowly toward him. "I will not have that," she says. "No, I will not. You must learn that you are mine." She wraps her arms around his neck. "No. . .no," he murmurs. (We get a quick glimpse of her slipping the fangs into her mouth.) He moans as she sinks her fangs into him, and she looks like she's going for every drop he's got.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 28, 2022, 02:52:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #426 (1795) - Joshua - 'Yes, I MUST find out why.'

From "#0425/0426: Robservations 04/03/02: Tragedy on Widows' Hill"
--and if you have not seen Barnabas, and I have, then someone must find out why. Yes, agrees Joshua, someone must find out why. Outside, dogs howl.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, changing "I" to "someone" for some reason...

And this is not only the third quote from this ep but it's also the third quote from this scene. The first (Millicent - 'Barnabas MUST kill Nathan. Oh I, I suppose it has to be in the course of a technicality like a duel, but he MUST kill him') was back on September 14th of 2020, and the second (Millicent - 'If you have not seen Barnabas, and I have, then someone MUST find out why') was back on June 9th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 29, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #321 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Goodbye, Maggie Evans. I might have loved you. I might have spared you. But now you MUST die!'

From "#0321/0322: Robservations 01/18/02: March Toward Destruction"
Barnabas gazes balefully out the Old House front window, thinking to himself, "At last darkness has come. Goodbye, Maggie Evans. I might have loved you. I might have spared you. Now you must die." Dogs howl.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of missing a "but," the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 30, 2022, 02:06:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #134 (1967) - Vicki - 'Well, your other ones MUST be torn to shreds.'

From "#0134/0135: Robservations 08/22/01: David Changes His Mind"
In his room, David puts on a tie. He runs to the window and gazes out, excited. Vicki comes in and asks what he's doing. Changing my shirt and tie, he says. Your other ones must be torn to shreds, she quips. No, he says, I even washed my hands, too. With soap? asks Vicki, grinning. Yup, says David. Something's cooking, says Vicki. David looks at himself in the mirror and adjusts his tie. My mother's coming, he says. That's wonderful! she exults. I never thought I'd see her! he says, brushing his hair. I guess in that case you'd better brush your hair some more, she suggests.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'I MUST say I'm very pleased with this new-found attitude') was back on May 2nd of 2021.