Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118625 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1485 on: February 28, 2023, 05:22:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #840 (1897) - Petofi - 'I dislike using force on such short acquaintance, but if I MUST, I will.'

From "Robservations 3/6/03 - 840-841 - Petofi Sics Aristede on Julia"
Petofi holds out his ugly hand, telling Julia, who is seated in a chair--this is the source of my power.  He introduces himself, and we learn that Aristede "so kindly" brought her to the mill.  I know who you are, says Julia.  My fame has preceded me, Dr. Hoffman, says Petofi.  What do you want? she asks.  I find you direct, remarks Petofi--are all women in your time are like that?--I'm fascinated by the future, but find it forbidding, considering everyone who's been there seems so reluctant to talk about it--why?--I can force you to tell me, he warns--I dislike using force on such short acquaintance, but will if I must--before this night is over, I intend to see what you so recently have seen--the glories of Collinwood in another time--I intend to leave this lamentable year tonight, and you will help him!  Julia's forehead creases.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well - but it does rearrange parts of the second half...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 01, 2023, 06:56:46 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #576 (1968) - Carolyn - 'MUST you do it now?'

From "Robservations 7/25/02 - Freud, Adam, Liz and Carolyn - #576/577"
We see candles, smoke, a beautiful coffin topped with flowers. Carolyn and Roger, dressed in funereal colors, stand by the coffin. Roger wants to know why the coffin was open, he ordered it closed. Carolyn remarks that Liz, lying in the coffin, looks beautiful. Liz speaks to herself--she isn't dead! She must open her eyes, try to open your eyes, try to move. You must show them you aren't dead-you must. Roger tells Carolyn he's closing the coffin. No, says Liz silently. Liz can neither speak nor move--they're going to bury her alive. Carolyn asks if Roger must close the coffin now, and he says yes. He closes it over Liz. Carolyn sobs, and Liz silently begs them--I'm not dead, I'm not, don't bury me! Roger leads the crying Carolyn away.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST use me as the life force') was back on August 10th of 2020, and the second (Liz - 'You MUST open your eyes. You are not dead! Try to open your eyes! Try to move! You MUST show them you aren't dead! You MUST!') was back on November 5th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 02, 2023, 07:12:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #354 (1967) - Julia - 'You MUST resist him no matter what he says, no matter what he does, you MUST resist his will.'

From "#0353/0354: Robservations 02/12/02: Carolyn Stoddard, Spy"
Julia brings Vicki to "Maggie's cell" in the Old House basement, which now contains only the coffin Willie had crafted for Maggie. Julia tells the tranced-out, protesting Vicki that the coffin is intended for HER--Barnabas plans to make her what he is, then make her his bride. Vicki protests that she doesn't WANT to be his bride,
and Julia again reinforces the only way she can avoid it--recoil when he touches her, behave frightened of him when he's in her presence--resist his will. Vicki vows to do just that.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is again during the period with little detail so it doesn't include the quote - but at least it does reference the circumstances under which the quote is delivered, even if it doesn't reference them in the same chronological order as they play in the ep...

And I love the expression of Julia's face as she delivers the quote -

- she's so pleased with herself - though little does she know that Carolyn is eavesdropping on her...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 03, 2023, 06:38:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednsday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #44 (1966) - Bill - 'I'll be going up there myself. I MUST see your mother.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
Bill raises his glass heavenward, asking for another--you care to have anything, Princess? He asks Carolyn. Like what? she asks, smiling. Like whatever it is you like, he falters. No thanks, she says, I've got to be getting home. Going up to Collinwood, he says. Sure, that is where I live, isn't it? she reminds him. I should be going up there myself, he says, to see your mother. Great, she says, I'll give you a lift. I'm not ready to leave yet, he says, I'm in no hurry to add to her distress. Now what do you mean by that? asks Carolyn, sitting back down again--are you going to tell her about my meeting Burke, because I didn't make any secret of it--when I called from Bangor, I told Vicki about it--I just happened to mention, casually, in passing. It's best to be above-board, says Bill. Then why make a big thing of it? asks Carolyn.
I wish what I had to tell your mother was as simple a matter as that, says Bill. I'll tell her I saw you, says Carolyn. You do that, says Bill--tell her I'll be seeing her soon. Carolyn turns and gives Bill a disturbed glances before leaving the bar.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote, though it does paraphrase it...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off. But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and can be called at any time'), was back on July 22nd of 2021, the second (Carolyn - 'But how did you know about it? Oh. I suppose Vicki MUST have told you') was back on June 28th, and the third {John Harris - 'But I MUST point out to you that this trust fund that you've set up is going to cause you to have a slight bind, financially') was back on October 31st ([BOO]). So that all means that Ep #44 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #742, #883, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111 and #1197. However, recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 04, 2023, 04:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #144 (1967) - Laura - 'Well, you MUST be mistaken. I don't remember what I was wearing but whatever it was, it wasn't that locket. It MUST have been some other piece of jewelry.'

From "#0144/0145: Robservations 08/29/01: Lying Locket, Vicki and Frank"
Vicki picks up the locket. Weren't you wearing this locket the other day? she asks Laura. This locket?--of course not, says Laura--how could I have been, it was in Phoenix, I just got it back. Would you have one like it? asks Vicki. Well, no, says Laura. I could have sworn you were wearing one just like this, says Vicki, why we even talked about it--you told me that you kept it with you always because it had a lock of David's hair in it--don't you remember? Yes, says Laura, I remember the conversation; I was telling you about this locket. Yes, says Vicki, and I'm sure you were wearing it, I remember distinctly, it was on that chain--she indicates the one Laura is now wearing. Laura holds the chain. You must be mistaken, she says--I don't remember what I was wearing, but whatever it was, it wasn't that locket, it must have been another piece of jewelry. I see, says Vicki, staring at her. You remember the conversation, says Laura, so you thought you saw it--but of course you didn't--you couldn't have, could you? No, I suppose not, says Vicki. Why are you looking at me that way? asks Laura. I was just thinking it's time for me to get back to the house, says Vicki, setting the locket down on the table. They say goodbye, each knowing the other is lying
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

And Vicki isn't buying a word of your denial, Laura - this Vicki is way to smart to fall for your excuses, especially when she saw the locket with her own eyes...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Lt. Riley - 'You MUST have seen another locket') was back on February 16th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 05, 2023, 05:50:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #241 (1967) - Maggie - 'Yes. I want to talk. There's something that I MUST say.'

From "#0241/0242: Robservations 11/9/01: Barnabas Destroys the Evidence"
David talks to Maggie/Josette, who is played today by KLS instead of the silent stand-in. Her voice is high-pitched, weird. She was in a place of death, she tells him, but she's come back. She seems surprised to hear him refer to this as her house, and shows him her music box, a gift from "someone." He's very happy she's conversing with him, as is she.
There's something important she's trying to remember, but it isn't coming to her. They'll talk often, she promises.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations is in the period with little detail so it doesn't reference the quote. However, the quote comes up after David points out that it's the longest that "Josette" has talked to him and how happy he is and before "Josette" says there's something that she's trying to remember...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 06, 2023, 06:12:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #383 (1795) - Josette - 'We MUST go back.'

From "#0382/0383: Robservations 03/05/02:"
When Jeremiah awakens, her entire mood, once lighthearted, passionate and flirtatious, has changed--she wants to go back to face the music at Collinwood. She's crying, wishing she had told everyone before they eloped. He reminds her they tried to fight it, but it didn't work. When he tries to touch her, she orders him not to, but he reminds her they're married (so that gives him the right to, I gather).
"Take me back, tonight, now," she demands. She tells him about hearing Andre's and Barnabas' disapproving voices, and feels they have no right to happiness.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations doesn't reference the quote, but it does reference the circumstances under which the quote takes place...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 07, 2023, 01:30:26 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #486 (1968) - Barnabas - 'We MUST not be emotional about his death, Julia. Every instinct, every feeling I have is to let go, to get revenge, but we MUST not, we have no time.'

From "#0485/0486: Robservations 05/16/02: Cassandra Wins Again"
Lab - Julia tells Barn Eric tried to tell her something important before dying: "If they both live, then, listen, listen," and then he lost consciousness. Julia hates this room, this experiment, it killed him as much as she did. If not for the secret, he'd have let her send for help. Barnabas tells Julia they can't be emotional about Eric's death; his every instinct tells him to let go, get revenge, but there is no time--the experiment will go on, as will Julia. While the body may have 48 hours, Barnabas isn't sure HE does--his vampirism is returning, all those urges--Eric's formula is less effective. She prepares the potion.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases the quote but still references it well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 08, 2023, 06:54:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #643 (1968) - Carolyn - 'She MUST have been speaking through me. It MUST have been some kind of warning.'

From "Robservations 9/12/02 - #643/644 - David, Amy and Quentin"
Roger goes into the drawing room and opens his briefcase on the desk. A large book falls from the piano to the floor. Roger turns and looks at it. He picks it up and opens it. He finds a piece of paper inside, a letter. He looks at it, puzzled. When Carolyn comes in, he tells her it's a letter addressed to his father, Jamison, dated 1887. He must have been a boy, muses Roger. "Dear Jamison, you must return to Collinwood, I need your help. You must intercede with Oscar. Only you can save me." They wonder what it means. It's signed "Quentin." Roger doesn't know the ancestor, who spent most of his time abroad, well. Roger describes how he found the letter in the book, which toppled from the piano. He wasn't anywhere near when it happened. They wonder how it could have fallen. Carolyn says SHE did it--Magda--she wanted them to see the letter. This name is unfamiliar to Roger, but Carolyn explains about Magda's spirit being in the house. She wanted them to see the letter--but why?
Roger and Carolyn sit before the fire. I'd like to call it nonsense, he says, the seance, the book falling, but I can't--neither of us imagined what happened tonight--what is the significance of the letter? "Stop them!" bursts out of Carolyn's mouth. She doesn't know why she said it, or what it means--it was Magda speaking through me, says Carolyn, a warning. Roger doesn't understand, but Carolyn says Magda is still there, speaking through her, warning them--someone in the house is in danger, and it could be any one of them.
[/spoiler]

While paraphrasing the quote the Robservations drops some bits, but it still gets the points across...

And this is the third quote from this ep and, interestingly enough, they're all from this same scene. The first (Roger(reading) - 'You MUST intercede with Oscar. Only you can save me') was back on September 6th of 2020, and the second (Roger - 'He MUST have been a boy when this was sent to him') was back on June 1st of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 09, 2023, 05:38:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #727 (1897) - Charity - 'Servants MUST be very hard to find here.'

From "Robservations 11/14/02 - #726/727 - Barnabas Gets a Bit of Charity"
Charity Trask and Rachel Drummond each wonder what the other is doing at Collinwood. Charity enters and drops her suitcase. What a splendid school this house would make, says Charity, who wants to know why Rachel hasn't answered her question. Rachel defiantly says, I don't have to. Unfriendliness is a character fault, says Charity, as my father has said so many times. Rachel isn't at all interested in what "your father has to say." You should be, says Charity, he is (interested) in you. Rachel explains she works for the Collins now.
Charity asks, "Do they KNOW about you?" Rachel looks scared. Charity says, your face has answered that one for you--servants must be very hard to find. "I'm the governess," says Rachel defensively. There is some justice, comments Charity--if my father were given to amusement, that would amuse him. "Will you take me to him, or is that someone else's. . .job?" Rachel is horrified to hear the Reverend Trask is here.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this quote sets a bigger than we've set before because it's the first time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow!! The first (Quentin - 'But we MUSTN'T make a habit of agreeing, Barnabas') was back on March 25th of 2021, the second (Rachel - 'If they're here, I MUST face them, without fear, but how?') was back on May 30th of 2021, the third (Gregory - 'The devil MUST be vanquished. The lamb MUST be cleansed') was back on July 26th 2021, the fourth (Charity - 'Something MUST be done with the children of the house. But then you MUST know that') was back on November 7th of 2021, and the fifth (Gregory - 'We MUST pray. We MUST give thanks that she has been delivered back to us') was back on December 12th.

And wow, Nancy Barrett is showing up all over the place in the screen captures featured in the Robservations excerpts...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 10, 2023, 08:32:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1070 (1995) - Barnabas - 'You MUST never blame yourself.'

From "#1070/1071: Robservations - 08/19/03: Betrayal"
Let me go, says Julia, near tears-he's watching us, I know it, somewhere outside this house, he's watching, he knows what's happening here-"Barnabas, go, go!" Look at me, Julia, commands Barnabas. She refuses, turning away. Look at me, he repeats-you can hear me, you will do as I say-"Now, look at me!" Her head swivels around with reluctance; they lock eyes. "You can escape," she says. "Not without you," he responds tenderly. "You can't take me with you," she says, shaking he head. He moves in close, almost within kissing distance, and adds, "Never without you." You won't be able to take me, she warns. I will, he insists -you must believe me, I will. I can't, she says. Once we are back in our own time, he can't get to you, he reminds her-"You must depend upon me, not him!" She tips her head back and sobs. He says it again--"You must depend upon me!" Julia falls into his embrace, crying, "How could I ever...?" You must never blame yourself, he says, holding her close, rubbing her back with his hand. Oh, but I do, I do, she says
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'And you MUST depend upon me, not him. You MUST depend upon *me*!") was back on July 10th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 11, 2023, 04:50:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #993 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'There's a note: 'It MUST be tonight.''

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
She flatly informs him, I can't do anything to help you, because the spirit that roams these rooms won't be driven out--it wants to stay--and it's powerful--believe me, most powerful! There must be something that can be done, protests Quentin.  Look! says Hannah, pointing to the desk drawer, which is opening by itself. What does it mean? asks Quentin. Look inside and see! blares Hannah. Quentin opens the drawer and takes out Bruno's sheet music, which has blood on it.
There's a note, says Quentin--"It must be tonight."  In whose hand? she asks. I can't make that out, he says--it's printed; it's all got to mean something--Bruno, the music, the message. All I know is, says the terrified Hannah, I must leave this house! You mean you can't explain anymore of this? asks Quentin angrily. I'm too frightened to try, she admits.
[/spoiler]

And this quote sets another bigger because it's the second time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow, joining Ep #727!! The first (Cyrus - 'Now also, you MUST take safeguards against any impurities or unbalances within the synthesis-- I mean, I have indicated how important and delicate this chemical is!') was back on October 14th of 2020, the second (Hannah - 'All I know is I MUST LEAVE this house!') was back on January 9th of 2021, the third (Alexis - 'Sabrina, you know that whoever it was near Angelique MUST have murdered her') was back on June 10th of 2021, the fourth (Alexis - 'It MUST be Angelique! It MUST be! I know it is!') was back on June 2nd, and the fifth (Quentin - 'Now, there MUST be something that can be done!') was back on December 3rd.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 12, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »
Today's quote and image are awesome. Classic.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 12, 2023, 06:20:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #900 (1969) - Julia - 'I know that you MUST care about something, but what, Barnabas, what?!'

From "Robservations 4/18/03 - #899-900 - Paul's Most Precious Possession"
I'm sure Olivia is acting for him, says Julia--Quentin is still alive.  Barnabas calls her "a bad detective" (ouch!)--you're wasting your time as well as mine. I contacted Jamison and asked for Quentin, says Julia--he told me Quentin's spirit is gone--that can only mean Quentin is alive!  You sound like a hysterical woman novelist, says Barnabas--it doesn't matter whether Quentin is alive or dead, or if Amanda is here, I'm simply not interested in them. What ARE you interested in? demands Julia--and don't tell me nothing, because I won't believe it--I know you must care about something, but WHAT, Barnabas, what? Carolyn runs in.  Barnabas is immediately concerned. I must speak with you, Julia, says Carolyn.  Barnabas asks, exactly what is wrong? sounding anxious.
Julia, tight lipped, says, you just gave me a clue as to what you DO care about. Barnabas looks at her.   "See how bad a detective I am," she retorts.
[/spoiler]

And Julia may have been wrong about Olivia acting for Quentin, but she actually turns out to be quite a good detective during Leviathans...

And yet another Nancy Barrett screen capture in a Robservations excerpt!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 13, 2023, 05:20:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1120 (1840) - Gerard - 'Now darling, we MUSTN'T start off like this. We have a brand new life ahead of us. The past is gone, dead, gone forever.'

From "#1119/1120: Robservations 09/24/03: Elopement; A Stunning Surprise"
darling, we must not start off like this.  He hugs her, adding that they have a brand-new life ahead of them, the past is gone, dead, gone forever.  Yes, she says, blissful, they will be happy forever.  He plants a big smooch on her and wishes they could leave here--he fears this place has too many memories for her.  When I'm with you, I never think of them, she says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

Though the past is gone for more like 15 seconds given what comes next in the scene...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gabriel - 'There has been a marriage today, and we MUST do something about it') was back on August 9th of 2020.