Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118314 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1635 on: July 17, 2023, 03:02:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #56 (1966) - Carolyn - 'But he MUST know by now. It's probably all over town.'

From "#0055/0056: Robservations 06/26/01:"
Liz enters the room and says she thought Carolyn would be dressed by now. Vicki and I were just talking about life and death. Vicki tells Liz she's very sorry. Liz thanks her and says they all are--darling, she tells Carolyn--get dressed, go into town and see if you can find Uncle Roger. (Cell phone/beeper, where art thou?) Do I have to? asks Carolyn, I'd so much rather stay here with you. I think he ought to know about Bill, says Liz. But he must know by now, objects Carolyn--it's probably all over town! Do if for me, begs Liz, please? Carolyn nods and gives her mother a hug before she goes--did I ever tell you that I love you? she asks her mother.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sam - 'Can't you see, Collins?-- It builds up like... like an inverted pyramid that sooner or later MUST topple over of its own weight') was back on May 13th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 18, 2023, 01:30:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #248 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUST never go. Just like long ago when you tried to leave me. You MUST never leave me again.'

From "#0247/0248: Robservations 11/15/01: Maggie Makes An Escape"
She tries to run away from him, so he snatches hold of her, twists her arms and demands that she never leave him, never. "You must stay with me always, Josette" he entreats over and over. He's going to have to punish her for her attempt to leave him! She insists she wants to stay with him

The Robservations references the circumstances of the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 19, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #390_391 (1795) - Andre - 'No, Josette my dear, you-- you couldn't have seen him come into your room. No, you MUST have dreamed it.'

From "#0390_0391/0392: Robservations 03/11/02: Jeremiah Wants to Party"
Andre covers Jeremiah's dead face. Josette bursts in--she saw Jeremiah! She cries.  The clock was striking two when he appeared in her room! That's impossible, insists Andre-- Jeremiah died, and just as the clock was striking 2 AM!
Josette gazes somberly at her dead husband.

The Robservations doesn't references the quote, but obviously it comes up as Andre is trying to explain to Josette that she couldn't have seen Jeremiah - though the audience knows that she definitely did...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 20, 2023, 03:00:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #495 (1968) - Barnabas - 'Just a moment. You MUST sit. No, Adam. Sit.'

From "Robservations 5/23/02 - #495/496 - Baby Wreaks Havoc"
Frustrated, Adam tries to break the metal bonds, but is unable to. Barnabas enters with his tray of food and greets him, "Good evening." Adam grabs for his meal, but Barnabas orders him to sit and tells him when he does so, he'll get his supper. Adam touches his mouth, sits, and points to his tray. "Good," says Barnabas.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but it does reference it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'We MUST find him') was back on May 29th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 21, 2023, 02:42:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #739 (1897) - Charity - 'Dead? How could she be? You MUST be mistaken.'

From "Robservations 11/22/02 - #738/739 - Barnabas & Charity Look Into Laura's Past"
Charity insists Barnabas must be mistaken about Laura.  He assures her that Laura is much more than she seems--and exactly what she is is what they will find out.

The Robservations only references the second part of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'Yes. Yes it MUST. When you're marrying death') was back on March 31st of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 22, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #905 (1969) - Barnabas - 'Carolyn, you MUST understand-- it was an accident.'

From "Robservations 4/23/03 - #905/906 - The Obnoxious Alex; Is Grant Really Quentin?"
Barnabas asks Carolyn, is this the man you met today?
(IT LOOKS LIKE QUENTIN!) Yes, she says, terribly distressed.  It was an accident, he assures her.  I understand, she says

The Robservations only references the second part of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'It MUST seem impossible') was back on March 18th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 23, 2023, 03:56:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1000 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'Now, I MUST go on-- and no one's going to stop me.'

From "#1000/1001: Robservations 06/27/03: Switched at Death"

Once again a Robservations doesn't summarize the teaser. It's a restaging of the ending to Ep #999. So, here's the summary of that scene:

From "#0998/0999: Robservations 06/26/03: Mystery of Dameon; Angelique's Coffin"
Quentin and Cyrus have opened Angelique's tomb and are moving the casket to open it when Alexis interrupts them. "Quentin, please!" she begs, if you ever loved my sister at all..." What are you doing here? demands Quentin, a sick look on his face--how did you know to come here unless you're...  Unless I'm Angelique? Alexis finishes--you believe it now, too, don't you?--well I'm here because I heard the two of you talking and I will not have my sister's grave defiled--Quentin, if you'll stop now, I'll go away, and all the torment you're going through will be over--I'll leave Collinwood tonight, I promise. Will that stop what's happening in this house? Quentin asks--no, I've got to do it, and no one's going to stop me.

The Robservations paraphrases the first part of the quote (and without using "must") but gets the second part exactly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Angelique is dead, but her body remains intact, perfectly preserved-- now, for the sake of her own rest and for our peace of mind, the body MUST be destroyed') was back on February 17th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 24, 2023, 04:06:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #1074 (1970) - David - 'No, after I described it to you, you MUST have gone and got it somewhere.'

From "#1074/1075: Robservations - 08/21/03: Lilacs"
As if in a dream, Hallie walks toward David. Even her hair is done in period style, complex ringlets galore. She wanders past David, up onto the gazebo. Who are you? he asks. The wind blows strongly, messing their hair. Hallie? asks David. She suddenly seems to come withdraw from her trance and asks, David, what am I doing in this dress?-and doing here? He stares at her--you wrote me a note to meet you here, he explains-and hands it to her to examine. I didn't write it, she says. What kind of game is this? he asks.
I didn't write it, repeats Hallie. I know your handwriting, he says. It's different, she says. It is sort of different, he agrees, looking at the note again, a little old-fashioned looking. She turns to him and asks, tears in her voice, who wrote it? You didn't, he says-then how did you know to come? I don't know, she says, I don't. I was going to bed when I saw this dress-it's the dress from your dream, isn't it? Yes, he nods, where did you get it? It was lying on my bed, she says. No, says David, after I described it to you, you must have gone and got it someplace. No, she says, it was lying on my bed before you ever had that dream. Hallie! he objects in disbelief. It's true! she says. How can I have a dream about a dress I've never seen, he asks, a dress that's real? She shakes her head--I don't know. It's crazy, he says. Everything is, she responds-my coming here-David, I didn't know where I was going when I left the house, but when I came to the gazebo, I knew-this is where I was meant to come-I wasn't even surprised to see you-oh, David! Somebody else wanted you here, guesses David. WHO? she asks. I don't know, he replies, but I'm going to stick around and find out.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'You MUST remember your mother and father when they were alive-- when you were happy together') was back on May 10th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 25, 2023, 02:24:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1125 (1840) - Desmond - 'This man, before he died, he told me something but I don't know what it means. It concerns something I MUST find-- something very important to me.'

From "#1125/1126: Robservations 09/29/03: A Headless Body; a Jeweled Mask"
He didn't die of no heart attack! she rails, he died of fear, he did--fear of that awful thing!--why did you ever bring it here, it can kill you, too, you know that, don't you?  Nothing is going to happen to me, he assures her, but he seems miles away from the fun-loving guy we met.  You're wrong! she says--it's already begun to happen--you're afraid of it just like Green was--there's something it wants you to do, and you're afraid not to do it.  You just stop talking like that! he says, pointing a finger at her.  Let me help you, she begs--I don't want no harm to come to you.  Maybe you can help me, says Desmond--this man, before he died, told me something, but I don't know what it means--it concerns something very important that I must find.  What is it? she asks.  I can't tell you, he says, it's a secret.  Her voice rises; she points accusingly at the head and says, you can't tell me because that THING wants you to find it!  That's not true! he cries, turning away.

The Robservations paraphrase the last part of the quote but still references it well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Gerard - 'The suspense is killing me - I MUST find out what the future may hold for me!') was back on December 26th of 2020, the second (Leticia - 'You MUST get free of it before it does something horrible to you') was back on October 29th of 2021, and the third (Leticia - 'If I ever meant anything to you at all, you MUST help me now. Please, Gerard') was back on February 15th. So that all means that Ep #1125 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #883, #886, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 26, 2023, 01:42:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #740 (1897[-1967]) - Barnabas - 'Good. You MUST find something to open it with.'

From "Robservations 12/16/02 - #740-741 - Hot on Laura's Trail"
Sandor tells Barnabas, I found it, in the crypt. Barnabas orders him to open it--I'll be with you at midnight, then takes down the portrait and looks at it. "But first, I must pay a visit to an old friend," says Barn.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly but does reference its circumstances...

And what "(1897[-1967])" means is that what really should have been featured is a quote from 1967's Blackmailing Liz-Introducing Barnabas-Kidnapping Maggie-Introducing Julia storyline but a quote from 1897 was substituted to help to stretch out the 1967 quotes...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'A doll without pins in it. How unusual. He MUST be saving this for someone special') was back on November 18th of 2021, and the second (Barnabas - 'I MUST know the truth about Laura Collins. I have this fear that she will defeat me unless I find out') was back on January 6th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 27, 2023, 02:06:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #58 (1966) - Sam - 'But surely you MUST'VE spoken to them. After all, Caroline is your lady love.'

From "#0057/0058: Robservations 06/27/01: Vicki in the Lions' Den?"
It's a terrible day, says Sam, when a good friend dies, you sit around and wonder what the world was like. I didn't know Malloy was a good friend of yours, remarks Joe. That he was, says Sam, one of the best--he was a very great man, of course you only knew him as your boss, but he was one of the finest men that ever walked the face of this earth--shall we drink to his memory? They do. You haven't been up to Collinwood since they took Bill's body out of the water, have you? Sam asks. No, says Joe. Surely you've spoken to them, Caroline (that's how he pronounced it) is your lady love. Not yet, says Joe. Then you have no idea how they're taking it, says Sam. All I know, says Joe, is that they ordered the plant closed for the rest of the day; that's how I happened to be in here.

The Robservations references the quote well but not perfectly...

It's not too often that DS shows it's a product of its time, but Ep #58 is certainly one of those times because there's a running bit about how Joe should hog-tie Carolyn that would never go over today. Ah the '60's attitudes toward women. Though sadly it seems like there's more than a few who are trying to do their damnedest to bring some of that thinking back...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 28, 2023, 03:50:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #392 (1795) - Angelique - 'He will not make me lose Barnabas now, no matter how long I wait. But there is one person who can take him from me. I MUST see that she doesn't... and tonight.'

From "#0390_0391/0392: Robservations 03/11/02: Jeremiah Wants to Party"
She wants Joshua's approval, but he coldly refuses to give her that. Naomi is appalled. He offers Angelique $10,000 in gold--she can return to Martinique in style with that kind of money. (whew, nice bribing, Josh!)  It's a small enough ransom for Barnabas' future. Angelique wants him to like her, and if he doesn't bend to this, his life will be very lonely. Naomi agrees. Joshua asks her to wait a suitable mourning period, to be decided by him, but Angelique says he only wants to buy time to fight her. Then we understand each other, says Joshua stiffly. Then the wedding will take place immediately, spits back Ang. Naomi begs Angelique to wait the mourning period, and promises her friendship to her for the rest of her married life. (drunkard or not, Naomi makes the most sense.) Angelique, smiling triumphantly, agrees to this.

Angelique realizes, however, that she still must contend with Josette, who could very well take Barnabas from her. She must fix that--tonight!

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, and what it does acknowledge is only partly referenced...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'We MUST not let time slow us down. We MUST not wait for time to... to heal the wounds that we suffer now. We MUST try to heal them ourselves as best we can') was back on September 23rd of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 29, 2023, 03:40:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #498 (1968) - Barnabas - 'You MUST go to Collinwood and steal the portrait.'

From "Robservations 5/28/02 - #497/498 - Barnabas' Unusual Commission"
Willie might not have to suffer the dream, just follow simple instructions--go to Collinwood and steal the portrait after dark. Barn will assure the window is unlatched. Bring it back to the Old House, and he will give Willie a note instructing Cassandra to come to the Old House at 10 that evening. Even if his plan fails, says Barnabas, he has very little to lose, if he succeeds, Cassandra will leave Collinwood and be returned to the 18th century where she belongs.

The Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote - and most shamefully what it doesn't reference is the "MUST" part...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Willie - 'But there MUST be something you can do, some way you can fight her') was back on October 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 30, 2023, 02:34:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #741 (1897) - Laura - 'You MUST!'

Once again a Robservations doesn't summarize the teaser. It's a restaging of the ending sequence to Ep #740. So, here's the summary of the scene from that sequence:

Somehow, Laura hears the sound of Sandor's work. When Magda comes out, Laura questions her about the noise, which the gypsy doesn't hear. It sounds like chipping stone, says Laura, and is getting louder. Rest, encourages Magda. Laura cries out, "Oh, God!" and races from the cottage.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it comes up after Magda says she doesn't hear anything...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 31, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »

Ep #1126 (1840) - Gerard - 'But Samantha MUST remain with Quentin.'

From "#1125/1126: Robservations 09/29/03: A Headless Body; a Jeweled Mask"
Rose Cottage - Gerard sits before the crystal ball, agitating over why Leticia couldn't see which man Samantha was going to choose.  Flora interrupts--are you trying to read your own future? she asks.  He smiles--I see nothing but  happiness, he says.  I hope that's true, she says.  He takes her hand--who could deny me anything? he asks.  A woman with a husband and a child, answers Flora.  Depressed, he rises from the chair.  Dear Gerard--you love her so much? inquires Flora sympathetically.  He nods, rubbing his hands together--Samantha must remain with Quentin, he says. Yes, agrees Flora

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Lamar - 'My father's last remains MUST be found!') was back on May 21st, of 2020, the second (Lamar - 'I tell you we MUST continue! We MUST discover the evil!!') was back on February 13th of 2021, and the third (Tim Braithwaite - 'This MUST be worth a fortune. If I could just get my hands on it!') was back on March 11th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #1126 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #883, #886, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...