Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118565 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1365 on: November 05, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #133 (1966) - Burke - 'A woman. She's living here at the Inn, so she MUST have come in here.'

From "#(0131_)0132/0133: Robservations 08/21/01: Burke and Laura"
Maggie serves a customer in the restaurant. Burke enters and bids her good morning. She offers coffee. Good idea, he says. You won't say that after you drink it, she predicts with a chuckle, pouring. I'm looking for someone, a woman, says Burke, she's staying here, so she must have come in here. Is she blonde and very attractive? asks Maggie. Yes, says Burke, have you seen her? There is a woman who used to live here, says Maggie--yeah--you're talking about Laura Collins? Have you seen her? asks Burke impatiently. Not yet, she says, she mentioned she knew you. What did she say about me? he asks. I said you had a big chip on your shoulder, she says, and she said you weren't always that way. That's interesting, what else did she say? asks Burke. Maggie takes a cup of coffee for herself and sits in the stool next to him. That was about all on the subject of you, she says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, but it changes "living" to "staying" and drops the "at the Inn" part...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I MUST solve my own problems first. Then and only then will I be able to, to uh, deal with the other practical realities') was back on December 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 06, 2022, 04:22:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #229 (1967) - Sam - 'Lost a-- a great deal of blood? Uh, doc, you MUST be mistaken.'

From "#0229/0230: Robservations 11/1/01: Connections"
Cottage - Sam opens the door to Joe and tells him a doctor is with Maggie. They agree that she looks very ill, washed out. Dr. Woodard comes out to inform them that Maggie's problem is a severe loss of blood.
He's at a loss to explain where it went, however, and says he's going to do tests on it.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations also appears during the period where there's little detail and it doesn't reference the quote directly, but at least the subject the quote refers to is referenced...

And something I found noteworthy about November 3rd's slideshow is that Dr. Woodard made two appearances -

Ep #229 (1967) - Sam - 'Lost a-- a great deal of blood?
Uh, doc, you MUST be mistaken.'

Ep #336 (1967) - Dr. Woodard - 'It MUST have been a very
extraordinary reason that brought her back after all these
years. I think once we've uncovered that reason, Julia,
we'll...  we'll finally have arrived at the truth in this
twisted situation.'

- but neither was Robert Gerringer's Woodard - this year we got the original Woodard, Richard Woods, and back in 2020 it was Peter Turgeon, the third Woodard.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 07, 2022, 04:04:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #378 (1795) - Angelique - 'Oh, there MUST be somebody who can stop him. There MUST be someone in this house he'll listen to.'

From "#0378/0379: Robservations 03/01/02: Get Married NOW!"
Angelique isn't happy to hear about Jeremiah's sudden trip, and asks Ben to help her figure out a way to keep him from leaving. He tells her Barnabas already spoke to Jeremiah, trying to convince him not to go, but it didn't work. Ben says Josette must make Barnabas prevent Jeremiah from leaving; it's the only way, and Angelique is pleased that her slave came up with such a great idea--to make Barnabas' fiancee keep her lover in town.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations also appears during the period where there's little detail and it doesn't reference the quote. However, the quote comes up after Angelique asks Ben to help her stop Jeremiah from leaving. She muses that there must be someone who can stop him...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Josette - 'Oh I did not COME to discuss that. It's Jeremiah I wish to talk to you about. He MUST NOT GO') was back on January 24th of 2021, and the second (Jeremiah - 'And now you've detained me long enough. The storm is worse-- I MUST be off') was back on November 4th of 2021, exactly a year before this one.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 08, 2022, 03:38:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #477 (1968) - Angelique - 'Barnabas, I MUST see you and tell you what the future holds.'

From "#0477/0478: Robservations 05/10/02: Cassangelique Snags a Trask Clone"
Barnabas sleeps in his drawing room chair. He hears Angelique calling to him, and his wife, dressed in her 18th century clothing, says she must see him and tell him what the future holds. Barnabas orders her to get away from him, but she insists they must talk. He can't move, what is she doing to him? Nothing she says--you're having a dream, and I'm causing it so we can be together again for just a moment. She walks toward him, touches his head. He wants her out of his sight, but she says she won't harm him. Do what you want to do get it over with, he moans. You won't escape me, she swears, and no doctor will help you. Go away, he cries. Only a dream, she says.
He wants to awaken, and will, she giggles, when the time comes.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, but not perfectly...

And I love the way Angelique's appearance is lit:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 09, 2022, 12:30:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #640 (1968) - David - 'You MUSTN'T feel so bad, Amy. Maybe you'll get to stay here. Wouldn't you like that? We'd have fun. Honest we would.'

From "Robservations 9/10/02 - #639/640 - Ghosts and Werewolves, Oh My!"
David tries to comfort the depressed Amy--maybe you'll get to stay here, with us!--wouldn't you like that?--we'd have fun. Amy doesn't answer.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references part of the quote well, but not all of it...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'Well, it's because it makes a circle, and that circle MUST never be broken') was back on January 12th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 10, 2022, 02:22:51 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #718 (1897) - Quentin - 'Remember the words I taught you. They will help you to understand why we MUST go on.'

From "Robservations 11/7/02 - #718/719 - Barnabas & Angelique in the Tower"
Jamison stops Quentin from stabbing the doll with the pin--that won't end the curse, it will only hurt Barnabas! Quentin orders Jamison, keep looking at me--I thought you were my friend, on my side, that you want what I do--don't you? Yes, agrees Jamison. Remember what I taught you, says Quentin, which will help us to understand why we must go on--Baal gives us the power to serve him, says Quentin.
Jamison repeats it. Baal's hand becomes my hand, intones Quentin. Jamison repeats. Whatever Baal's hand does is the good for man, says Quentin. Jamison repeats this. Do you believe it? asks Quentin. Jamison nods.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'I MUST fight him in any way that I can') was back on April 15th of 2020, and the second (Jamison - 'Silver. It MUST be with silver') was back on March 7th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 11, 2022, 03:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #896 (1969) - Julia - 'Well, you MUST be mistaken. I'm sure I MUST'VE read it somewhere.'

From "Robservations 4/16/03 - #894/5-896 - Blanket Boy Falls Ill; Ms. Olivia Corey"
It's curious, remarks Julia--I've seen you onstage, and seen photographs of you in newspapers and magazines, but never noticed your extraordinary resemblance to Amanda Harris--quite unique. Olivia looks at her and says--not really--Amanda Harris was my grandmother. Who was your grandfather? queries Julia. Olivia laughs and asks, are you interested in genealogy as well?  I really want to know, says Julia. His name was Langley, reveals Olivia (shades of Edmonds' role on AMC?) Oh, says Julia. Olivia notes, you seem almost disappointed. No, responds Julia, of course not. I find it strange that you knew my name was Amanda Harris, says Olivia, it was never mentioned in conjunction with any of Tate's works, I knew her name, of course, but how did you? You must be mistaken, says Julia, I must have read it somewhere, I'm sure. I suppose so, says Olivia
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, switching around some words...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'What I MUST. Amy, you stand outside the door and see that no one comes in while I'm reading the book') was back on January 7th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2022, 03:50:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #983 (1970PT) - Maggie - 'She MUST'VE been a very beautiful woman.'

From "#0982/0983: Robservations 06/16/03: Barnabas, Imprisoned"
Liz enters the drawing room.  Maggie leans on the mantel, upset. It's going to take time, comforts Liz, you can't expect him to accept you without some difficulty. It was a total disaster! laments Maggie..
The boy is living in the past, has never accepted his mother's death, says Liz--difficult as it may be, you will have to make him accept it. She must have been a very beautiful woman, comments Maggie. That calculating, ugly look on her face, Liz says, yes, that she certainly was. (But that was all?)
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 13, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1067 (1995) - Barnabas - 'Julia, you MUST be careful-- very careful-- especially when I'm not with you during the day.'

From "#1066/1067: Robservations 08/15/03: Poor Quentin and Eliot and Everyone!"
Julia, I'm convinced more than ever that the evil  spirit holds the key to everything that's happened here. He can't be reached, says Julia. What if I don't want to reach him--what if I just want to get rid of him? suggests Barnabas. How? she asks. Another exorcism, says Barnabas. You can't, she objects. I can try, he says, or get someone who knows how. She shakes her head. No, it's too dangerous, she says, believe me, I know what I'm talking about--when he wants to do something, nothing will stop him. His forehead creased with puzzlement, he asks, how do you know that?  Because of the way he made me feel when I saw him first, she says, I tried to explain that to you. But if he were gone, perhaps Carolyn and Quentin would recover, suggests Barnabas. That's what Stokes thought, but it didn't work, says Julia. I can't give up, he insists.  Barnabas, she says, looking deeply into his eyes, but she walks away and says, I have something important to tell you. Outside the window the ghost stands, looking in at her.  Spotting him, she hastily says, it happened at dusk tonight--I was sitting in this room. And what? prompts Barnabas. Nothing, says Julia, it wasn't important, I felt a presence here, probably my imagination, I shouldn't have mentioned it. That's all? asks Barnabas.  Yes, she answers. The ghost is gone when Barnabas stands close to Julia and warns, you must be careful--very careful--especially when I'm not with you during the day. I will be, don't worry, she assures him.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 14, 2022, 02:38:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1116 (1840) - Samantha - 'I suppose I hadn't wanted to face it, but I really MUST make some decision about Gabriel.'

From "#1066/1067: Robservations 08/15/03: Poor Quentin and Eliot and Everyone!"
Give me your hand, he asks.  I beg your pardon? she demands.  No, he says, taking her hand, I want to see what the future holds for you.  What are you doing? she asks.  You didn't know I was an authority on astrology, numerology and palm reading, did you? he asks.  I don't believe in such things, she replies.  That's a pity, says Gerard, because it says here that your troubled life lies behind you.  What do you mean? she asks.  Look at your hand, he says, touching her palm intimately--the lifeline, heartline and the love line--the last two converge here, meaning that you're going to have a very successful love life
--but what is more important is your lifeline--strong and clean, although there is a very clouded area here.  Is that bad? she asks.  One might say it's just a clouded area of your life, he says--who it is or what it is is impossible to say.  Do you really take this seriously? she asks.  Yes, and you should, too, he says--perhaps this is the clouded area of your life you're going through--a thought just occurred to me--who in your life is making you the most miserable--Gabriel Collins, am I correct?--what are you going to do about it?  There's nothing I can do, says Sam.  In time, you will become the mistress of Collinwood, he says, now is the time to start planning what you'll do--doesn't that make sense?  Yes it does, she agrees, I suppose I hadn't wanted to face it, but I really must make some decision about Gabriel--at the moment, however, I still feel like being alone--I think I'll take a walk around the grounds--please excuse me.  Of course, he says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gerard - 'Now Samantha, you MUST STAY here and take care of yourself. Everything will be all right once we find her') was back on January 11th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 15, 2022, 02:54:43 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1195 (1841PT) - Quentin - 'You've, uh, grown up the past 5 years, and I MUST say I like what I see.'

From "#1195/1196: Robservations 12/05/03: Angelique, Powerless?; Executioner's Ax"
now, let's talk about you--when I first came back and saw you, I didn't recognize you--you've grown up the past five years, and I must say I like what I see.  Thank you very much, she says.  May I take you for a walk? He offers.  I can't, says Daphne--I've got to go back to the village.  That's where I'll walk you, he says--you might as well get used to it--I never take no for an answer.  He leads her away, an arm around her shoulders.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 16, 2022, 02:54:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #38 (1966) - Carolyn - 'Ghosts, Vicki. Ghosts. And like all the rest of us kooks you'll just have to get used to it-- I really MUST change.'

From "#0037/0038: Robservations 06/13/01: Giving Carolyn a Ring"
I really have to change, I just might be taking a trip to Bangor this evening. Carolyn, calls Vicki, can I ask you a question. Anything at all! says Carolyn, ecstatic. You remember that sobbing I told you about? asks Vicki. You heard it again last night, says Carolyn. How did you know? asks Vicki. Because I heard it, too, says Carolyn--I hope you had the good sense to stay in your room--that's what I always do. But when I told you about it before, says Vicki, you told me you'd never heard it--that I must have dreamt it. From the kitchen doorway, Liz listens. I didn't want to frighten you away, admits Carolyn--but now that you're one of us--sure, that ghost lady sobs--I've heard it, off and on, for most of my life--but right now, I couldn't care less! Where does it come from? asks Vicki. Ghosts! says Carolyn, and like all the rest of us kooks here, you're just going to have to get used to it--I really must change. She leaves Vicki on the landing alone.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep - actually, the second quote from this scene. The first (Vicki - 'But when I told you about it before, you, you said you'd never heard it-- that I MUST have dreamt it') was back on October 6th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 17, 2022, 03:06:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #135 (1966) - Liz - 'I MUST say I'm favorably impressed by Laura.'

From "#0134/0135: Robservations 08/22/01: David Changes His Mind"
Good night, Laura says to Roger and Liz, who say it back. How does the house look to you? asks Carolyn as they leave the house. The same, and yet different, says Laura.
The door closes. Roger and Liz walk forward. What do you think of her now? asks Roger. I must say I'm favorably impressed by Laura, Liz says. So am I, he says. I'm worried abut David, says Liz, I don't like the way he's behaving. He's just acting up, says Roger--that's standard for David--pay no attention to him.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And I must say that when I saw this look on Roger -

- I knew the moment had to be the capture!  [hall2_grin]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'Yes, I think I MUST have done something to frighten him') was back on September 2nd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 18, 2022, 04:11:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #230 (1967) - Barnabas - 'And now we MUST go somewhere else, my dear. Come.'

From "#0229/0230: Robservations 11/1/01: Connections"
Maggie waits in the cemetery, looking for someone. Barnabas appears and stands before her,
his eyes locking with hers. He takes her hand.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is once again during the period where there's little detail so the quote isn't referenced. However, it comes up as Barnabas takes Maggie's hand...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST have told them. You MUST have betrayed me') was back on February 7th, and the second (Barnabas - 'I MUST teach you your lesson, Willie!') was back on August 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 19, 2022, 03:46:05 PM »

Ep #379 (1795) - Countess du Pres - 'Now you answer me: You attempt to explain why you MUST leave Collinsport so suddenly.'

From "#0378/0379: Robservations 03/01/02: Get Married NOW!"
She insists that Vicki re-enact the circumstances under which the master of the house disappeared, and does a dead-on impression of Joshua's pomposity. Vicki, regarding this as cruel and embarrassing, isn't at all pleased about being asked to participate in this charade, ordered to look out the window as Jeremiah was during the argument, but the Countess feels if they do, the cat Will show up--and it does!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is yet again during the period where there's little detail so the quote isn't referenced. However, it comes up as Countess du Pres roleplays as Joshua and wants Vicki to roleplay as Jeremiah...