Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118318 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #930 on: September 25, 2021, 03:40:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #392 (1795) - Barnabas - 'We MUST not let time slow us down. We MUST not wait for time to... to heal the wounds that we suffer now. We MUST try to heal them ourselves as best we can.'

From "#0390_0391/0392: Robservations 03/11/02: Jeremiah Wants to Party"
Barnabas watches a black-frocked Josette kneel at Jeremiah's grave, cross herself, and place down flowers. How can he tell her about his engagement to her maid? He decides it might actually help matters if he does--perhaps telling her of his future plans will ease her remorse.  Josette gazes up sadly at him and they exchange chastened greetings. He asks if she's offended that he's there, and she says he has as much right to be there as she does. He tells her not to blame herself-he killed him. She should have come to Barnabas before they ran away, she says. Barnabas assures her that she's young and has many pleasant things to look forward to--even after this. They gaze at each other like lovers for a moment, and Barnabas continues, saying they have to start living again, to heal themselves. How, she asks, and he starts to tell her about Angelique. Seeming to sense he's going to suggest that they get back together; she tells him not to say anything he'll regret.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references at least part of the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 26, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #504 (1968) - Liz - 'Well, then I MUST talk to him myself. Maybe he'll tell me something that he won't tell them.'

From "Robservations 6/3/02 - Everyone Frets Over Carolyn - #503/504"
The phone rings and Liz races to answer it. It's the sheriff--they've got the kidnaper, but he apparently isn't talking about where he's hidden Carolyn. Liz relays all this to Vicki. They've been questioning the man, who was caught in front of the Old House, endlessly, but can't get a word out of him. Liz wants to order the sheriff to release the man, who might lead them to Carolyn.
Vicki doubts they'd release him, even for her. They decide to go into town to speak to the prisoner themselves.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 27, 2021, 03:22:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #717 (1897) - Judith - 'And I also know that Rachel is beginning to suspect more than she should. She MUSTN'T know anything about Jenny. Nobody MUST.'

From "Robservations - #716/717 -11/6/02 - Jenny and Her Babies"
Beth comes downstairs. She tells Judith Jenny put the "babies" back to sleep. Judith calls Beth a fool--we are all turning as mad as she is--those aren't babies, but breakable dolls--she's had dozens of them, and can't tell the difference between them. She can't tell the difference between anything anymore, rants Judith, including life and death--and I won't have it, not now that all this is mine. I said nothing against you, insists Beth, she just happened to find you there--all Jenny is afraid of is that you'll take her babies away. Beth, she must go, insists Judith. She has no where to go, says Beth, and you know that. Rachel is beginning to suspect more than she should, says Judith, and mustn't know about Jenny--nobody must. Beth heads back upstairs.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 28, 2021, 03:36:57 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #903 (1969) - 'Olivia'- 'She's a... a fascinating woman. Um, someday I MUST tell you all about her.'

From "Robservations 4/22/03 - #903-904 -Whose Portrait? Barnabas Runs Down A Stranger"
Julia has drinks with Olivia in her room at the Inn.  The actress is surrounded by her own headshots.  I didn't know you were that interested in Tate, says Julia. Oh, yes, says Olivia. A very ambitious project, having a showing of his paintings, says Julia. All I have to do is the preliminary scouting, says Olivia, I have a dear friend in NY who owns a gallery--he does the real work.
Strange project for someone like you, says Julia. Not really, says Olivia, he painted a portrait of my grandmother--I'd like to see him rediscovered, for her sake--I was very devoted to my grandmother, a fascinating woman--someday, I must tell you all about her. I would like that very much, says Julia.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations drops a few bits here and there but still references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 30, 2021, 04:14:29 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #195 (1967) - Carolyn - 'I really MUST insist upon knowing who you are.'

From "#0194/0195: Robservations 10/05/01: Enter Jason McG"
Collinwood - Carolyn answers the door. She fixes her hair before opening it. It's Jason, cap in hand, who asks for Liz. She doesn't think she's seeing anyone, she's back from the hospital, explains Carolyn. Yes, he was very upset to hear that, says Jason. She apologizes--she doesn't think she knows him. He didn't expect her to, he says, turning on the thick charm, but I know YOU--you're Carolyn, and she makes him feel terribly old--he reminds her she's letting all the cold air in, and could catch cold. Carolyn invites him in, and he says of course he wouldn't have recognized her if he saw her on the street, except for certain family resemblances. Where do you know me from? she asks. Right here, he says, when you were that big (and he indicates a short person). They go into the foyer, and she asks who he is. He looks around, saying the place hasn't change a bit in all these years--amazing. Where is your mother? Upstairs, resting, she says. She'll be down soon, I trust? Yes, she will. Jason volunteers to wait inside, and walks into the drawing room. But who are you? she asks again. Ah, this room, he says, one of my favorites, not a stick of furniture has been changed. She says she must insist on knowing who it is. Obviously, a very old acquaintance, says Jason. Carolyn gathered that much.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases but references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'Oh, I know what you MUST have heard. You heard Vicki') was back on December 14th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 01, 2021, 11:18:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #625 (1968) - Vicki - 'No. If he wants to see me, I MUST go to him.'

From "Robservations 8/28/02 - #624/625 - Wedding Day?"
Roger comes in, grim-faced. Vicki is smiling, radiant, and Liz asks her brother if he isn't going to tell her how beautiful she is. Roger agrees, but he didn't bring up her flowers--Jeff wants to see you, he tells her. Before the ceremony? demands Liz--impossible! Where is he? asks Vicki anxiously.  On the terrace, answers Roger. Liz wants to go tell him it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, but Vicki wants to go. Liz is upset.
Vicki glances at Roger's face and, knowing it's important, heads out the door, Liz calling after her, Roger looking miserable.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote, but at least it is referenced that Vicki feels she must go to Jeff...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 02, 2021, 03:24:41 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #730 (1897) - Edward - 'I don't understand, Jamison, why you can't do things with other people. Why MUST it always be Quentin?'

From "Robservations 11/18/02 - #730/731 - Quentin and His "Dead" Mistress"
It apparently takes more than a warning to teach you a lesson, says Edward, so both of you are to stay in your rooms today.  Jamison protests--I didn't do anything!  Edward orders him upstairs anyway.  Unfair, declares Jamison, I had something important to do today--but he can't tell his father what it was.  Then he lies, "Quentin was going to take me on a hike."  I might have known it involved Quentin, remarks Edward sourly--why must you always do things with Quentin?  "Because no one else ever asks me," says the little boy sadly.  (awww!)
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references part of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 03, 2021, 03:20:47 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #528 (1968) - Cassandra - 'She MUST have the dream.'

From "Robservations 6/19/02 - #527/528 - Cass and Nick Bickerson"
Cassandra arrives at the gazebo and informs Nicholas he's interrupted something important--she was trying to keep Vicki from leaving so she can have the dream. He moans that she's wasted too much time on Barnabas, calling her "some commonplace suburban housewife with little human worries."-why hasn't she yet made him the way he was before? Don't start with me again! she warns, and he grabs her wrist and orders her not to speak to him that way.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote, though not directly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Nicholas - 'Here, let me take that. You MUST have a bon voyage drink with me to assure yourself a pleasant journey') was back on September 16th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 05, 2021, 02:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #830 (1897) - Voice Of Tessie's Ghost - 'You MUST listen.'

From "Robservations 2/27/03 - #830/831 - Quentin at Trask's Mercy"
Thunder and lightning blast and blare, winds closing and opening the windows.  Trask, frightened, assures Minerva, "I will do anything you ask!"  Leave this house, the ghostly woman's voice warns him, he's in this house, he will kill again!  I don't understand, says Trask.  The beast that walks like a man, she clarifies.  "You're not Minerva?" he asks.  BEWARE OF THE FULL MOON AND THE BEAST, says the voice.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. In fact, the Robservations gets things wrong because the circumstances surrounding the quote are that after Trask tells who he believes to be Minerva that he will do anythings she asks, the ghostly voice delivers the quote and immediately goes on to warn that he is in the house and he will kill again. But at no point does the voice say to leave the house and who knows why the Robservations says that rather than that Trask must listen?  [idontknow]

And normally we don't use quote's unless the character's face appears on screen at at least some point while the quote is delivered - but given this was the disembodied voice of a ghost, I figured it was okay to use it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 06, 2021, 02:38:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #629 (1968) - Nicholas - 'I implore you-- if I MUST account for something, let me account for it, but do not harm this woman. She is not responsible for anything that I may have done.'

From "Robservations 9/3/02 - Angelique Sends Nicholas to Hell - #628/629"
Nicholas asks the master, who still speaks through Maggie,  why he has summoned him. Through Maggie's mouth, Nick is informed that he has failed him, and Eve is dead. Unselfishly, Nicholas begs--if I must account for what has happened, don't blame Maggie. The Master knows, but sarcastically asks Nick if he's become the defender of the innocent and pure at heart. No, says Nicholas, but the Master knows he's lying. The Master asks if Nicholas has fallen in love with her--he demands an answer? Nicholas replies, "Yes." The Master says he has become even more human than he was led to believe, and they must do something about it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote at its minimum and not directly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Diabolos - 'That is the only way you and Maggie Evans can be together, Nicholas. The Black Mass MUST be performed') was back on September 29th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 06, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #302 (1967) - Julia - 'The injections take time to prepare and MUST be prepared with caution.'

From "#0301/0302: Robservations 01/04/02: Thrust & Parry"
Old House, drawing room - Barnabas is looking through the family album when Julia joins him. Your injection will be ready shortly, she informs him. One mistake could mean your life, he warns her. Julia sits across from him and notes how often he's been looking through that album.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the situation surrounding the quote. And how those circumstances fully play out are that Barnabas is in the drawing room looking at the family album. After Julia comes in and announces she'll be giving him his injection in about twenty minutes, Barnabas remarks that he was beginning to think she wasn't going to be coming out of her "little playroom" for the rest of the evening. At that Julia delivers the quote and then adds that one mistake could mean his life. However, Barnabas points out that she's wrong in that because one mistake could mean her life. And it is after that Julia studies Barnabas a bit, sits down, and then remarks that he hasn't put the album down all evening even though it isn't as though he hasn't seen it before...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 07, 2021, 01:46:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #121 (1966) - Matthew - 'If you wanta help me, ya MUST never do anything that might hurt me.'

From "#0121/0122: Robservations 08/14/01: Matthew on the Brink"
Did you smoke the cigarettes I brought you? asks David. I smoked some, says Matthew. Mrs. Johnson's mad, she thinks I took them, says David. He again grabs David's arms and warns him not to steal anything like that again--you hear me--don't take chances, just cut it out! I'm sorry, says David. If you want to help me, says Matthew more gently, you must never do anything that might hurt me, understand?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 08, 2021, 01:26:08 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #122 (1966) - Carolyn- 'You MUST be out of your mind.'

From "#0121/0122: Robservations 08/14/01: Matthew on the Brink"
David comes into the drawing room, asking for Aunt Liz. She's upstairs resting, says Carolyn--and don't you bother her--she didn't get very much sleep last night. Where's my father? asks David. He's resting, too, says Carolyn--everyone around this house is exhausted, including me. She plops herself down on the sofa. David sits next to her. Do you think Matthew would hurt Vicki? he asks her plaintively. Let's not talk about it, she says. But I want to, he says, I'm worried about her, too--would he or could he hurt Miss Winters or anyone else. I don't know, says Carolyn, I never used to think so--he was always sort of gruff, but I never thought he could hurt a fly. What made you change your mind? he asks. Bill Malloy's death for one thing, says Carolyn, accident or no accident, Matthew was responsible. What if he wasn't, what if somebody else was? asks David. And somebody else tried to kill Vicki on at least three occasions, too, scoffs Carolyn, like the time the car tried to run her down. Well, my father was out in his car that night, wasn't he? asks David. Carolyn thinks about it. What are you getting at, she asks--if you still think Uncle Roger tried to kill Vicki, you must be out of your mind. Maybe, maybe not, he says. You really are a little monster, to think a thing like that about your own father! she says. Maybe I'm just smarter than everyone else, he suggests.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Matthew - 'Voices callin' ta me--you heard 'em, you MUST of!') was back on May 1st of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 08, 2021, 01:34:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #129 (1966) - Sam - 'Well, surely she MUST have said something one way or another?'

From "#0129/0130: Robservations 08/20/01: FIRE!"
--all Laura said is that it would be a shock to her family if she made an appearance. Roger makes a choking sound. Shock, he says, that's hardly the word--he rises and walks away from the table. Sam joins him. Why did she have to come back? asks Roger bitterly. I know she felt guilty about the accident, says Sam--during all those years she was married to you--wasn't that when she started drinking?--isn't that the reason she landed in an institution? What of it? asks Roger angrily. Laura may have come back to ease her conscience and get revenge for all those unhappy years, says Sam, and in the process, hang me--unless...she knew I saw the accident. I have already answered that question--I don't know! says Roger. She must have said something about it one way or another, insists Sam. She did not, says Roger firmly.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 09, 2021, 03:34:08 PM »

Ep #281 (1967) - Barnabas - 'I MUST live in the present.'

From "#0281/0282: Robservations 12/12/01: Josette Speaks Through Vicki"
Sarah, in Josette's room, carefully lays out her dress on the bed, then disappears
when Barnabas comes in. He lifts his sister's dress and gently folds it into the trunk. He speaks to Josette's portrait--she and the past are gone, he says quietly, and he must learn to live in the present. He tells his ancestors not to come back--any of them!
[/spoiler]

While Barnabas doesn't include the words "learn to," the Robservations does reference the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Vicki(possessed by Josette) - 'He MUSTN'T catch me!') was back on May 28th of 2020, and the second (Barnabas - 'No, you MUSTN'T. Have some more wine'), coincidentally, was back on May 28th of this year.