Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118439 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1305 on: September 09, 2022, 01:46:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #711 (1897) - Barnabas - 'Oh we MUSTN'T have that, MUST we?'

From "Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party"
As Sandor works on forgery practice, he finds Barnabas standing over him, greeting him good evening. Sandor isn't happy at being caught, and tells Barnabas he's working on an old gypsy game. Sandor crumples it up and is about to toss it into the fire, but Barnabas grabs it before he can do so, opens it, reads. "Seems to be worth your time, or worth it to someone," comments Barn shrewdly. Sandor says I couldn't help it, it just happened--I can get out of it, forget it--"You forget it, I forget it," says Sandor. As simple as that, says Barnabas, but the people who hired you won't let you forget it. Sandor says I don't know what to do, I don't want anymore trouble in my life. Barnabas says he can imagine what happens to someone who forges wills. . .
Sandor doesn't want to be turned over to the authorities and go to jail. Sandor covers his face and seems to cry, sobbing, "And bring disgrace on my family!" We mustn't have that, says Barnabas soothingly (and humorously, this scene was pretty funny, and Barn is grinning) Barnabas agrees to keep the authorities out of it, and admires what a talented fellow Sandor is--you just need "guidance" for your pen.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, though not completely...

I love that line and that scene. But then the whole ep is great.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Rachel - 'The original Barnabas Collins MUST have been distraught when... when Josette died") was exactly a year earlier on September 7th of 2021, and the second (Evan - 'I don't know, but we MUST try before the situation becomes worse than it is') was on March 29th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 10, 2022, 02:50:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #890 (1969) - Barnabas - 'And I will know to trust them, and to lead them through the mysteries that will make them spawn and do what they MUST do if all is to go as it MUST.'

From "Robservations 4/14/03 - 890-891 - The Box Goes Whoosh; the Chosen Ones"
It is time, he tells himself. He sits in his favorite chair. We hear breathing emanating from the Leviathan box, and see flames, then the altar in the woods. Barnabas is there, making hands gestures, calling to Oberon, who appears, calling him Master. Barnabas is in need of his guidance, tell him, man of earth, how he will know the chosen ones--tell him so he will make no mistake in this most important moment in time. One will wear the sign of the Naga, says Oberon, and they will come to you--you will hear a knocking at your door, will wake you from your sleep, when you open the door, they will be strangers, but you will know them.
And I will know to trust them, to lead them through the mysteries that will make them respond, and do what they must do if all is to go as it must. Oberon tells him he will know the sign of the Naga, the sudden knocking at the door.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, though, again, not completely...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 11, 2022, 02:50:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #981 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'You MUST never forget. Never ever forget.'

From "#0980/0981: Robservations 06/13/03: Farewell, Leviathans, Hello, 1970PT!"
you haven't even spoken since you called Collinwood.  Perhaps we should have stayed away longer, he suggest.  You were the one who wanted to go back, she reminds him. A mistake, says Quentin.  Why do you hate going back so much? she asks.  I didn't say that, says Quentin, draining his glass. You obviously do, says Maggie--it's Angelique, isn't it? He stands, moving away from her. Oh, Quentin, she says, I' m sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned her. He's moved to the terrace.  It's me, isn't it? she asks--I'm why you're worrying about going back--She clings to his arm--I'm much more efficient than you think, I'll manage the house well. Miss Hoffman's very good at that, he says, so don't worry about it. Oh, Quentin, she begs, noting his dark mood, please love me!  She goes into his arms. I DO love you, he assures her, I do. I know you do, she says. Never forget that, ever, he begs.  They kiss, a nice, long, hot one. If you don't want to go home tonight, says Maggie, we can stay there in Boston, go to the concert and then... No! he says firmly, we leave tonight.  He hugs her, obviously upset.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases the quote but references it well...

And apparently never forgetting is how Maggie coped with a lot of what she was put through. Explains a lot...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 12, 2022, 02:20:49 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1066 (1995) - Julia - 'Barnabas, it will be dawn soon. We MUST go.'

From "#1066/1067: Robservations 08/15/03: Poor Quentin and Eliot and Everyone!"
Barnabas, it's almost dawn, Julia reminds him.  And another night's gone by, laments Barnabas, and each new clue that we find leads to so many more questions--three meaningless names. They're meaningless now, says Julia, but in time, they don't have to be--we'll learn who they are. Yes, in time, agrees Barnabas.  He walks to the cellar and closes the door behind him. Julia is thinking hard.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases again but doesn't reference the whole quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 13, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1114 (1840) - Barnabas - 'I MUST not see her again. I MUST stay away from her.'

From "#1113/1114: Robservations 09/19/03: Barnabas to the Rescue!"
may I ask who you are?  Roxanne Drew, she says.  He repeats her first name--it's beautiful, he praises.  Are you planning on staying at Collinwood? she asks.  I hope to be, he says, gazing into her eyes, but my plans aren't finalized yet.  They make serious eye contact--I trust you're no longer afraid, he says.  No, I'm not, she agrees, moving in close--if my father knew that I stopped to talk to a perfect stranger, he'd have apoplexy.  Barnabas smiles--I hope you won't consider me a stranger for much longer, he says.  They smile at each other.  You're the most amazing man, she says--I really should be on my way.  Miss Drew, may I see you again? he asks.  You're very direct, aren't you? she asks.  You may not understand this, he says, but when I first saw you, I had the feeling that somehow we were always destined to be together, to meet.
You're a most unusual man, Mr. Collins, she says.  Barnabas, he corrects--may I call on you at home?  My father is out of town on business for a few days, she says--we have a guest in the house, but he retires very early--I'd be pleased if you'd call on me anytime you wish.  Getting near kissing distance, he assures her, I will.  He kisses her hand and says, "Till we meet again."  Good night--Barnabas--she says, and drifts off.  He looks after her, already in love.  His forehead creases when he realizes, I can put her life in danger--don't see her again, he orders himself--"I must stay away from her!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well - and half of it perfectly...

And Barnabas' resolve lasted for what, a whole 3 seconds?! But then his willpower isn't located in his brain, now is it...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Lamar - 'But it is my livelihood, and it MUST NOT be treated frivolously') was back on October 13th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 14, 2022, 03:02:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1194 (1841PT) - Melanie - 'We MUST keep Papa alive.'

From "#1193/1194: Robservations 12/04/03: A Proposal Overheard"
I'm sorry for upsetting you, says Flora--the West Wing has been on my mind all day--your father went there last night.  Oh no! cries Melanie.  They found him in the corridor, says Flora, outside the room.  Why does this have to happen? asks Melanie, upset.  Nothing has happened, comforts Flora, we found him.  But if he goes there one more time, he will die, wails Melanie--he can't die!--he can't--I love him so--he can't die--we couldn't stand to have that lottery again.  Don't call it that! insists Flora--never!--darling Papa's not going to die, I'm sorry I told you that.  You had to tell me, says Melanie, we should leave this house, all of us.  A generation ago, says Flora, William Collins found that didn't help--it happens to us wherever we go.  We must keep Papa alive, insists Melanie.
We will, Flora assures her--now, Papa wants to see you, but you must not mention any of what happened--because he doesn't seem to remember what happened last night--we don't want him to, do we?  No! agrees Melanie breathlessly, I only wish no one remembered.  The two women leave the room, Daphne watching them in consternation.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first, which was from 1840/41 and not 1841PT, like this one, was (Judard - 'You will sleep, Daphne. You will sleep. You will have your last dream, the dream that you MUST have and learn that we MUST be man and wife') and was back on February 3rd of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 16, 2022, 02:44:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #30 (1966) - Roger - 'Well, it MUST have been me. I was on my way to the basement to replace a fuse.'

From " #0029/0030: Robservations 06/07/01: David Befriends the Monster"
Eerie music plays to great effect as Vicki wipes nervous palms on her shirt. The power comes back on and she blows out the candle. She walks slowly toward the open doors, the candlestick in her hand--just n case (which is probably used often as a weapon on DS). She starts to ascend the stairs but hears a door slam. Roger enters through the kitchen. Vicki asks if he just came in. Yes, he says, looks like I just managed to miss the storm. When the lights went out, says Vicki, voice shaking, I saw someone standing in the doorway. Must have been me, he says, I was on my way to the basement to replace a fuse. He goes into the drawing room to pour a drink. Vicki asks if he's sure--she called out and no one answered. Roger says he didn't hear a thing
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'Then you MUST have thrown it away') was back on April 2nd of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 17, 2022, 03:36:17 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #224 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUST be very proud of her.'

From "#0224/0225_0226: Robservations 10/29/01: Barnabas Makes Maggie's Acquaintance"
Old House - Barnabas is assuring Sam that his lovely daughter's future "is assured"
[/spoiler]

Once again a Robservations with very little detail. However, the quote comes up as Barnabas is discussing Maggie with Sam as he works on Barnabas' portrait...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 18, 2022, 02:26:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #377 (1795) - Nathan - 'Then you MUST learn everything from me.'

From "#0376/0377: Robservations 02/28/02: Andre Takes Control--He Thinks"
Drawing room - Forbes flirts with Millicent, who is clearly innocent of the wiles of handsome men. Yes, she knows her broker, banker and lawyer, but that's about it. He promises to teach her about men, and she calls him wicked. He admits he is, and she likes his honesty. Nathan pours it on thick, telling her SHE made him honest just by looking at him. He showers her with outrageous compliments, she calls him forward,
and he laughs and takes her hand in his, promising to show her a whole new world.
[/spoiler]

Not only is the Robservations one without a great deal of detail, but when it comes to this scene, at least, it's not related in the chronological order that it tales place on the show. However, the quote is referenced along the way...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. And the previous three are all from the same scene. The first (Jeremiah - 'Because I MUST!') was back on August 22nd of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'It MUST! Or everyone will know!') was back on October 22nd of 2020, and the third (Jeremiah - 'I MUST LEAVE this room! LEAVE this house! LEAVE this town!') was back on January 4th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #377 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #384, #449, #450, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #449, #466, #678, #1057 and #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 19, 2022, 12:22:49 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #474 (1968) - Vicki - 'You MUST recognize her from the portrait.'

From "#0473/0474: Robservations 05/08/02: A Startling Elopement"
In the gazebo, Vicki waits. Julia shows up, asking what's wrong--she got Vicki's note. Has something happened to Barnabas, asks Julia anxiously. "Not yet," says Vicki--Cassandra looks like Angelique's portrait, and she IS. Julia doubts it, and cites Peter and Jeff, and how Jeff knew how to get into the secret room. Julia insists they can't be inundated by people she met in the past. Vicki points out that Angelique was a witch and a witch can return as a ghost, like Sarah. I just bandaged Cass' ankle, says Julia, I know she's human. Vicki fears if they don't do something, Barnabas will die...
Julia reminds her THAT Barnabas isn't here, which confuses Vicki. No, but why did she come back? Only to settle a score with Barnabas' ancestor, the present Barnabas--but why, asks Vicki. Julia doesn't know.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote roundaboutly...

Also, the Robservations makes it appear that Julia brings up that Jeff knew how to get into the secret room. Though if she had actually said that, it would have defeated her argument that Peter and Jeff aren't the same person. But throwing aside the fact that she'll be proved wrong down the line, Julia doesn't say that Jeff knew how to get into the secret room - it's Vicki who says it to strengthen her argument...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 19, 2022, 02:42:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #712 (1897) - Rachel - 'There MUST be something wrong with me.'

From "Robservations 11/4/02 - #712/713 - Angelique Toys With Barnabas"
Rachel drinks some water and Barnabas takes the glass and asks if it helped. Yes, she says, thanking him. He asks what happened. Nothing like it has ever happened before. She kept murmuring "Widows' Hill," but Rachel has no idea what that is. It's a place that overlooks the ocean, he explains. She can't figure out why she would say it when she doesn't know what or where it is. He suggests she overhead someone in the house mention it, but she doesn't think so. What else did she say? He turns away from her, but doesn't tell her what else she said beyond Widows' Hill.
It makes no sense, she says, she thought she was dying, and suddenly was all right. She insists there's something wrong with her, but he disagrees. It's the only answer, she cries, falling into his arms. He surveys her pretty neck, the one Ang just strangled a few moments before, and has to fight the urge to bite into it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'I really MUST. I make a habit of keeping my word') was back on March 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 20, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #892 (1969) - Philip - 'The windows MUST be closed off so that no light can come in.'

From "Robservations 4/15/03 - #892-893 - Big Surprise For Carolyn; Mom & Pop Todd"
without question...without question...without question...  Megan murmurs the words in her sleep, then wakes up, calling Philip. He's gone from his bed.  She's frightened, panicky. When he enters the bedroom, carrying planks of lumber, she asks, where were you?  He puts down the planks and tells her the windows must be closed off so no light can come in. Who told you to do that? she demands. I don't remember who, replies Philip, but it must be done--without question. Megan repeats the words--we both had the same dream, she says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 21, 2022, 03:04:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #982 (1970PT) - Carolyn - 'I know him. You MUST see that.'

From "#0982/0983: Robservations 06/16/03: Barnabas, Imprisoned"
Down in the cellar, standing by the open coffin, Barnabas tells Carolyn, I'm worried about that book. He's drunk, says Carolyn, and will remember nothing in the morning. (Although he might wonder where his cousin's room is.)  I'm not so sure, says Barnabas. I know him, you must see that, she says. Guard me carefully, says Barnabas--I'm in a an unfamiliar time without any touchstones, I'll need all the help I can get.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 22, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1115 (1840) - Gerard - 'You MUST be out of your mind.'

From "#1115/1116: Robservations 09/22/03: Roxanne in Love"
May I ask who this unfortunate victim is to be? says Gerard.  Hearing the front door slam, Gabriel checks his pocket watch--your timing is excellent, he says--the first person who comes through that door is your victim.  Gerard turns to look.  Samantha enters and innocently appraises them.
Noting Gerard's upset face, Samantha asks, what's wrong?  Nothing, he says.  If my brother in law is disturbing you, she begins.  We were having a friendly conversation, interrupts Gabriel, until you interrupted.  You have such a short memory, Gabriel, smiles Samantha--I go where I please--now you may continue your friendly conversation.  She exits.  Gerard quickly closes the doors--Gabriel, he says, you're out of your mind.  Don't tell me you're surprised, hisses Gabriel, she is the logical victim, isn't she?  There must be another way to get the family money! insists Gerard.  There isn't, insists Gabriel, I've tried to reason with Father, but his mind is too far deteriorated--Samantha hates me, she always has--as long as she is alive, my days are numbered in this house, and the only solution is to dispose of her--are you still with me or not?  I need time to think, says Gerard, slapping his head with his hands.  I don't have time--I want your answer! says Gabriel.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases but references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 23, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »

Ep #34 (1966) - Joe - 'Oh, I MUST'VE really been drunk.'

From "#0033/0034: Robservations 06/11/01: Into the Whirlpool"
(Scene not summarized.)
[/spoiler]

It's anyone guess what happened with this Robservations that the scene containing the quote wasn't summarized because this period of Robservations is quite detailed. But what happens is that first up Joe wakes on the sofa in Collinwood's drawing room and sees a blurred image of Carolyn. He hears her ask, "Want some champagne. Joe?" He rubs his head and says, "Don't shout, please." Blurry Carolyn comes into focus and asks, "How's you head?" Trying to sit up he replies, "Great. Just great." After pulling himself up and noticing his surroundings he asls with surprise, "How did I get here?" Carolyn remarks with disappointment, "Oh, I thought you were gonna to pull the 'where am I?' bit." "Yeah, I know where I am. All I know, all I don't know is how I got here." Carolyn gestures with her arm that he "floated." "C'mon, Carolyn. How long have I been here?" She checks her watch and informs, "An hour and a half, not counting falling down time." He puts his face in his hand and then pulls them away to deliver the quote, after which Carolyn opines, "The understatement of the century." "What time is it?" And Carolyn replies that it's time for coffee and he should stay right there because she'll bring it. "I couldn't get up if I tried." And stopping Carolyn before she leaves the room, Joe asks, "Did I do anything foolish?" "You made an enemy, that's what you did." "Who?" "Me." And she turns to leave the room. Joe puts his head in his hands. End of scene.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Joe - 'No, I was drunk. I was just plain drunk. Your mother MUST be sore, huh?') was back on July 1st of 2020. I'm sensing a theme with Joe's dialogue in the ep.  [ghost_wink]