Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 117964 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #510 on: November 29, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #650 (1968) - Vicki - 'Please, Jeff, the watch MUST tick. I MUST know that you're close to me.'

From "Robservations 9/17/02 - #649/650 - A Tumble Downstairs; A Rejected Proposal"
Vicki is sitting at her vanity, holding Jeff's watch, begging for it to tick. Please, let me know you're here, she begs--give me a sign. Vicki vows to close her eyes--when I open them, the watch will tick and Jeff will be with me. It has to happen, she sobs, leaning against her arm and crying. She gazes at the watch and, overjoyed, sees it has begun to tick! You're here in this room, she croons--Jeff, Jeff, I know that you're here! I know you're very close to me now. Please, come to me!
[/spoiler]

Well, this Robservations references the quote pretty well, but nowhere near as well as others have recently...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2020, 01:44:10 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #791 (1897) - Evan - 'Spirit of darkness, I now dismiss you and you MUST do as I say for it is I who have summoned you. Disobey and I will smite you eternally with the blasting rod of the great Ariel and Jehovam. Begone.'

From "Robservations 1/31/03 - #790-791 - Master of Collinwood!"
Trask leads Judith to the tower room, Minerva following behind.  Judith says, she must go, at once, I dismissed her--good ladies' maids are hard to find, she says, she must go, she talks nonsense.  Can you hear her talking? asks Trask.  She says, "Beware of berries in the early spring," says Judith.  "They can be poisonous.  In the winter, the snows are deep.  Send her away at one or I will dismiss you," says Judith, looking at Minerva.  "Please hear me--she frightens me."
Evan dismisses the spirit of darkness, saying it must do as I say because I summoned you--disobey or I will smite you eternally--begone!
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote fairly well, but again, nowhere near as well as others have recently...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 30, 2020, 04:25:02 AM »
Joan looked fabulous in the scene where Minerva's spirit was driving her insane. If you're going to go bonkers, be sure to wear your finest drop earrings!

Love today's snapshot of "Kitten" with Uncle Roger, too!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »
Love today's shot of Evan. So slinky and malefic.

And here it is to be enjoyed over and over:

I bet that was a Violet Welles script. She actually seems to have bothered to do occult research, unlike the other writers.

A very acute observation. And Midnite made a very similar one when she sent me the quote because Ep #791 is indeed a Violet Welles script...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »
Love today's portrait of Julia, struggling desperately to keep her cool and not just claw Dr. Lang's eyes out...

Superb!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 01, 2020, 02:59:29 PM »
Joan looked fabulous in the scene where Minerva's spirit was driving her insane. If you're going to go bonkers, be sure to wear your finest drop earrings!

Exactly!!  [b003]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2020, 03:06:22 PM »
Great shot of Crazy Jenny today!

Thanks MB!

Best, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 01, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #194 (1967) - Carolyn - 'Well from the minute Mother began to get well, she was in an absolute panic to get back here. I thought it MUST have been because of Collinsport Enterprises-- because the business was in some kind of trouble and the two of you were keeping it to yourselves.'

From "Robservations 1/31/03 - #790-791 - Master of Collinwood!"
Carolyn softly asks to see Roger alone, and he gladly gives "kitten" an audience. She closes the doors and asks Roger if there's trouble with the business, something she should know about? No, says Roger. Carolyn explains that from he minute her mother woke up, she was in an absolute panic to get back here--she thought it must be because of Collinsport Enterprises, that there was trouble with the business and they were keeping it to themselves. All in your imagination, Roger says, the business is doing fine--the business is thriving, just look at the latest financial reports if he doesn't believe him. Why was Mother so anxious to get home then? wonders Carolyn. Worry over David, suggests Roger. No, it wasn't David, she says, it was something else, something she wouldn't discuss, but very important to her--what could it be. Roger says he's the wrong person to ask--Liz may be his sister, but there are lots of things about her he doesn't understand. Getting back here was the most important thing in the world to her, says Carolyn, before she went into the trance, she kept saying over and over that she couldn't leave the house, no matter what--she was willing to risk her life to stay here--and before that, she never left the house, not even once in 18 years. Why, Uncle Roger, why?!
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote quite well - hopefully we're back on track...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 01, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »
Love today's snapshot of "Kitten" with Uncle Roger, too!

And here it is for those who may have missed it:

They were a lot more friendly with each other in that ep than they were in Ep #161 back on October 12th (see Replys #418 & #419).

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 02, 2020, 05:00:37 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #466 (1968) - Julia - 'Alright. But there are certain precautions that MUST be taken. Under no circumstances MUST he be exposed to any light.'

From "#0465/0466: Robservations 05/01/02: Elopement, Interrupted; Mad Doc"
Lang wonders how long Barn has been in this condition--time is passing, he says, which is important to both of them--what have you been doing, experimenting on a cure for a legendary condition? Do you want him to die? asks Julia desperately. He can't die, says Lang. He'll die if he stays here, she says. Why? asks Lang. If she tells him all, will he let her move him? Asks Julia. No, responds Lang, and she picks up the phone, threatening to go over Lang's head. He reminds her of the rules and she puts down the phone--you have no choice but to tell me the truth, Lang says--don't kidnap him, or I'll call the cops. Julia agrees to tell, but says Barn can't be exposed to any light--an eye condition, she lies. Lang accuses her of lying. I'm only trying to protect my patient. "He's a vampire, isn't he?" asks Lang calmly. That's ridiculous, says Julia. Lang knows otherwise.
[/spoiler]

Well, we're obviously not back on track with this Robservations because it only references the quote about halfway. The most important half. But still...

And this is now the second time that an ep has had three quotes turn up in the slideshow. (The first was Ep #2.) And not only that but it's the second time the same scene from Ep #466 has turned up. (Though that has happened before with Eps #377 & #450.) The first quote from this ep (Dr. Lang - 'Mr. Collins, you and I MUST talk') was from back on May 26th and is from a scene later in the ep. And the second (Julia - 'I MUST have an ambulance immediately') was from back on May 31st and is from early in this same scene. Also, interestingly enough, all three quotes have been picked during the months when Midnite has been selecting the quotes. Other incidents of multiple quotes have involved either both of us or only me - though I'm way ahead when it comes to me picking two quotes from the same ep. In fact, twice I've picked quotes from the same character in the same scene...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 03, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »
Love today's portrait of Julia, struggling desperately to keep her cool and not just claw Dr. Lang's eyes out...

That is definitely the subtext!!  [hall2_wink]

And here it is for anyone who missed it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 03, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #743 (1897) - Jenny - 'You MUST be very solemn and respectful of the dead.'

From "Robservations 12/17/02 - #742-743 - Laura Sends Jenny After Q"
Jenny hums the pretty little horses songs to her twin dolls, shushing them, patting them.  She cuddles them and tells them not to cry, to be brave.  It's not allowed at funerals, she says, you must be very solemn and respectful of the dead.  Dirk enters her cell.  She tells him they're burying Quentin today and she's getting the babies ready for the funeral.  Dirk closes the door and leans back against it.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote quite well. Maybe we're back on track...

While watching this I was really struck by just how sad a character Jenny is. She's gone mad because of Quentin's betrayal and she doesn't even realize the difference between her actual children and her dolls. If things hadn't ultimately worked out the way they did for her, no matter how old she may have become, would she have still been stuck in a never changing world in which her "babies" never grew up and she continually cared for them? If so, that would have been beyond sad...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 04, 2020, 04:25:14 AM »
Fab photo of Laura tonight! I love how much Laura you've been including of late.

cheers, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 04, 2020, 03:18:00 PM »
Great shot of Crazy Jenny today!

I was also happy with how it turned out:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 04, 2020, 03:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #119 (1966) - Joe - 'We MUST have criss-crossed each other's paths about a dozen times.'

From "#0119/0120: Robservations 08/13/01: Roger vs. Burke; Carolyn vs. Joe"
Liz asks Burke if he has any idea where Vicki might be. If I did, I would have gone there, says Burke--have you heard anything about Matthew? No, the sheriff hasn't a clue to where he is, says Liz. I'd expect that of the sheriff, says Burke. I can't believe Matthew's gone very far, says Liz, he's not the kind of man who adjusts well to new situations. He adapted very well to being a murderer, chuckles Roger, you can say that much for him. That's why I'm so worried about Vicki, says Liz. I don't know where else to search, says Burke, Joe and I covered the entire area, didn't we, Joe? Yeah, says Joe, rubbing his forehead, we must have criss-crossed each other's paths about a dozen times. Well, we've got to find her, says Burke--I don't know where else to search. The tide was in, says Joe, maybe in the morning we can cover the beach and lower part of the cliffs. You're on, says Burke--I'd like to change into something drier and warmer--would you drop me off at the hotel? Sure, says Joe, maybe I can get some of the fishermen to come along with us tomorrow.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote perfectly. Another step in the right direction...

(This ep also contains some of the best exchanges between Roger and Burke. If you check out the Robservations, you'll see a great capture of Roger and Burke with Roger displaying a completely priceless smirk because of what he and Burke are saying to each other. And in the same scene that the quote comes from, before Joe delivers his quote (which I was shocked to come across even though it's been on our list all these months) there is this extremely amusing exchange:
Joe comes in and Liz hands him a cup of black coffee, as he likes it. He thanks her. She offers sandwiches, too. Shouldn't you have served them the coffee in the kitchen? Roger sarcastically asks Liz. If I didn't dislike you so much, says Burke, I'd probably find you a very amusing person. I didn't intend to be amusing, says Roger. That's just the point, says Burke, drinking his coffee.
Malcolm Marmorstein was definitely on a roll with this ep...)