Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118486 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1245 on: July 15, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1192 (1841PT) - Morgan - 'My darling, I MUST insist upon an answer before you leave Collinwood tonight.'

From "#1191/1192: Robservations 12/03/03: A Hideous Visage"
Catherine and Morgan enter. I mustn't stay very long, she says--I don't think your  Aunt Julia was very pleased to see me here in the evening. I have no intention of detaining you, my darling, he says (Daphne clings to Quentin)--you may leave as soon as you've given me your answer. Why Morgan, says Catherine, you're becoming impatient with me. Frankly, I am, he says, you've had more than the little time you asked for--it's been a week. Yes, she says, I realize that. If some obstacle has arisen that I don't know about, he says. It's nothing like that, she assures him. Then darling, I must insists upon an answer before you leave Collinwood tonight, he says--I'll give you a few minutes to think about it.  Catherine looks stunned. Morgan leaves through the double doors.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 16, 2022, 02:32:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #25 (1966) - Vicki - 'I suppose your sister MUST have had something else on her mind, too, when she told me that same story.'

From "#0025/0026: Robservations 06/05/01: Evidence Everywhere"
You know the situation here, he says, that Burke's reason for coming back to Collinsport was to harm me and my family--he would try to learn anything at all that might be damaging--for tampering with the brakes in my car, I assure you was far more fruitful than prying into your past. If he did tamper with them says Vicki. Of course he did, says Roger, just as he hired a detective to find out all he could about you--I certainly wouldn't have helped him remove the bleeder valve from my car, but I could have told him everything about you. You mean because you knew the person who recommended me for the job, says Vicki. That's right, he says. Your sister told me about it my first day here, she says shrewdly, I mentioned it to you then, you must have forgotten about it. I guess so, he says, embarrassed at being caught in an obvious lie. I haven't, she says, I remember your reaction at the time--you acted as if you never heard of it before. (Yeah, Vicki!) I suppose I had something else on my mind, he says. I suppose your sister must have had something else on her mind, too, says Vicki, when she told me that same story. Why do you call it a story, as though it's not the truth? asks Roger. I checked with the foundling home, says Vicki, perhaps you didn't know that--just like that detective did--and I know that no one at the foundling home had ever heard of you or your sister. Of course they hadn't, says Roger. But you just said, she points out. He interrupts her, saying he told her she had been recommended to him, it's true, but not by anyone living in the foundling home--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote flawlessly... And Vicki does indeed use "must" a bit earlier in the scene...

I absolutely love that quote - it's the perfect comeback!  [ghost_wink] [ghost_grin]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'I MUST admire you, Liz--you really have a neat way of managing people') was back on April 11th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2022, 12:40:58 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #216 (1967) - Liz - 'First the boy is sorry, then the boy is sick, now the boy MUST stay.'

From "#0216/0217: Robservations 10/22/01: Willie Answers the Summons"
Once again, Jason blackmails Liz into letting Willie stay.
[/spoiler]

And again we have a Robservations that lacks so much detail that it doesn't even come close to referencing the quote. However, the scene starts off with Liz saying, "I knew it was all leading to this." But Jason says, "Liz, I tell ya the boy is sick." And after that is when Liz delivers the quote, after which Jason makes the point that she saw him herself. And, of course, because Liz continues to protest, Jason soon turns to threats to force Liz to agree...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 17, 2022, 03:46:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #373 (1795) - Angelique - 'But you do know you MUST do as I say.'

From "#0372/0373: Robservations 02/26/02: Josette Loves Jeremiah?"
In her room, Angelique tells Ben he is now bonded to her, unbreakably, and she plans to use his strength when she has none to use. He knows he must obey her.
[/spoiler]

Once again a Robservations doesn't really reference the quote. Though, of course, Angelique has to ask the question before Ben can acknowledge that he knows...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST get it from a-- an oak tree. You MUST be very careful when you remove it. Not a single strand of the web can be broken. And bring it to me. Go!') was back on July 24th, and the second (Angelique - 'Now hurry! I MUST begin my work') was back on December 18th. Interestingly enough, all three quotes come from this same scene. Though only one is actually referenced in the Robservations...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 18, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #469 (1968) - Barnabas - 'I am not an ordinary patient, doctor-- you know that. Now you MUST tell me exactly what's happening to me.'

From "#0469/0470: Robservations 05/03/02: Imperfect Cure; Jeff's Odd Job"
Barnabas bares his teeth, breathing heavily. Scared, still baring his teeth, he goes to the window, hears the howling dogs, pushes open the double doors and sees the rain. Quickly he closes the doors. Lang bursts in and Barnabas tells him he felt someone was watching him--he felt eyes looking at him while he was in bed, and even more frightening, he felt the urge for blood!
He wanted to get up, leave the hospital and go back to the Old House basement. The feeling has passed, says Barnabas, which Lang assures him is good--Lang doesn't know why it happened, he hasn't completed his tests. He doesn't know how often or severe these relapses will be. Barnabas is upset, he didn't know about these possibilities, he thought he was completely free of the curse. In time, says Lang, perhaps he'll be completely well. Barnabas accuses him of lying, but Lang he's not, and reminds him he can function in daylight now, a major step. Barn denies being an ordinary patient and demands Lang tell him everything. From time to time, you'll feel as if you're slipping back, explains Lang. Barnabas thought the transfusion had cured him, but Lang never used the word cured. What did you mean? asks Barnabas. Your condition was temporarily arrested by the transfusion, explains Lang. Barnabas is disappointed. "I see. Then I could revert to what I was almost any time." Lang admits this is true, but also says the chances are very great he won't, if he cooperates fully with him. Barnabas refuses to allow him to be used as a guinea pig; he's been there, done that, and with disastrous results.
[/spoiler]

Once again a Robservations paraphrases a quote, but it does reference it fairly well...

And this ep is a true rarity in that someone looks outside during a storm and we actually see rain falling:

That the production personnel figured out how to do it is interesting in itself - but that someone in production even thought of trying to do it is almost too amazing given that this is a show where 999 out a 1000 times when someone comes in from a storm neither they nor their clothes show any signs of having gotten wet.  [ghost_wink] [ghost_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 19, 2022, 02:16:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #707 (1897) - Edward - 'You MUST be the one.'

From "Robservations 10/28/02 - #706/707 - A Helluva Dysfunctional Family"
Edith died before telling him the secret--but she did tell one of the other three! Judith and Quentin deny it, but Edward encourages Carl to speak. The Collins prankster tells them about how he was with Magda the night before, she knew the exact moment Grandmother died--and that she didn't reveal the secret to Edward--however, she said someone else knows it. She didn't tell the children, surmises Edward, or anyone outside the family, so it's one of us. Carl says, I'm not the one--why would I have told you what I did if that were so? Why not? says Edward--to cast suspicions elsewhere--I think you are sometimes crazy as a fox--it could easily be you and you know it. Carl says he'll swear an oath on not knowing the secret. Quentin suggests they get the Good Book and let Carl take the oath. This isn't a matter to be lightly treated, barks Edward. Quentin counters that it isn't a matter for a minor inquisition, either. Quentin is sure Judith knows it, and offers to let the prosecution state it's case.
Judith, incensed, tells Edward to make him stop carrying on, but Edward refuses to help his sister. Quentin, getting in his sister's face, asks who in the house in the past week saw more of Grandmother than anyone else, and who did the utmost to prevent others from seeing her?--"dear Judith"? She tells Edward she doesn't know the secret. Both Quentin and Edward agree she wouldn't say if she did know. Judith had the best opportunity, argues Quentin, and she did. Judith insists she did not. Quentin points out, you never did lie very well. Indignant, Judith stands and tells Quentin, when it comes to straight-faced lying, no one can compete with you! Touche, says Quentin. Judith suggests Quentin tell Edward about his visit to Grandmother. Looking uncomfortable, Quentin says there's nothing to tell. Judith informs the others that Quentin tried to force the secret from Edith the night before. Edward demands to know if this is true. Quentin asks Judith if she feels "cleansed," now that she's done her duty? Edward demands an answer. Quentin admits it's true--it happened in a weak moment. Then Quentin must be the one, asserts Edward. Quentin doesn't follow his logic. You terrorized her, probably told her you'd kill her if she didn't tell, accuses Edward, so she gave up and told. Alas, no, the old lady wasn't afraid of dying, and didn't spill the secret, says Quentin. The siblings gaze suspiciously at each other.  Edward finally breaks the silence--one of them is lying, and they won't leave the room until he learns who it is.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

This is a fantastic scene and sets the stage for so much about 1897.  [thumb]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Edward - 'You're so easily amused, Carl, you MUST be a frightfully happy person') was back on December 16th of 2020, and the second (Sandor - 'There MUST be gypsy blood somewhere in your family. ::laughs::') was back on December 23rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 20, 2022, 02:26:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #889 (1969) - Prof. Stokes - 'Good. You remember him finding you. You MUST remember him asking you what happened. What did happen?'

From "Robservations 4/11/03 - #888-889 - The Todds, the Box, the Mysterious Stranger"
Stokes sits with Sabrina--we're going to have a review, he says--what's your name? Sabrina Stuart, she answers hesitantly--I was born in Malden, PA. Good, says Stokes--you lived there until you were 20, and in that year, something happened one night. Night, repeats Sabrina. It's the last thing you remember, prods Stokes. I remember, says Sabrina, growing upset. Tell me what happened that night, and you'll be well again, says Stokes. The night Ned found me, begins Sabrina. Who is Ned? asks Stokes. My brother, she responds. You remember him finding you, says Stokes, asking what happened--what DID happen, what frightened you so?  Sabrina opens her mouth, unable to say.  Try to remember, he begs.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote but shamefully neglects to include the use of "must"...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Sabrina - 'Alone. I MUST speak to you alone') was back on October 20th of 2020, and the second (Chris - 'I no longer even have the luxury of waiting for the full moon, but that cell, solitary confinement, just isn't the answer. Julia, there MUST be some other way.') was back on June 23rd of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 22, 2022, 12:28:16 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #979 (1970PT) - Roger - 'Somehow we MUST discover the secret to this room.'

From "Robservations 6/12/03 - #978-979 - Barnabas Turns to Ang; Widows' Hill Again"
Roger goes to the east wing.  We must discover its secret, he muses to himself--is Barnabas right? Were we really seeing parallel time? Are all of us living different lives in different bands of time? Why am I afraid to open the door?--what is so threatening?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Nicholas - 'You MUST revenge this--Jeb Hawkes MUST die!') was back on May 18th of 2020, and the second (Jeb - 'We MUST LEAVE here. We MUST') was back on January 18th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 22, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1065 (1995) - Barnabas - 'Then we MUST go in. Quentin, we MUST go in!'

From "#1064/1065: Robservations 08/14/03: Madness & Death"
7:55 - The threesome walks down the hallway to the playroom. Julia notes, we are hearing the same music we heard the other night. Yes, agrees Barnabas, before we saw that figure in the window. Quentin backs away from the door--I don't want to go in there, he insists. Are you frightened? asks Barn. No, says Quentin. Then we must go in there, says Barn--Quentin, we MUST go it!  The music stops as Quentin opens the door. He looks in. NO! he screams, and runs off--NO!
[/spoiler]

Especially if we ignore the typo, the Robservations references the quote pretty closely...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'I warn you, you MUST stop going there') was back on April 6th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 23, 2022, 02:08:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1112 (1840) - Barnabas - 'I MUST get out, Ben. I MUST.'

From "#1111/1112: Robservations 09/18/03: Julia in Jeopardy"
She's alone in a time she don't know, says Ben, a bad time for us all.  Barnabas says he'll find out for himself.  No, cautions Ben, no.  He puts his hand on the open coffin.  You expect me to go back there? asks Barnabas--you think I'll let you chain me in again?  You've got to! Ben insists.  I've been there over 40 years, I cannot do it, says Barnabas--this curse...this curse--the blood--I cannot stop it!  You don't understand, says Ben desperately, everything's changed--the village--don't go there.  I must get out, Ben, I must! Cries Barnabas.  You'll get caught! Ben warns him.  Barnabas says he cannot stop this craving, I cannot!  Ben tries to prevent Barnabas from leaving the room, but can't; he begs him not to leave this room, for his own sake, but Barnabas pulls free from him and exits the tomb, in search of sustenance.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

(And note how it's the opposite of Wednesday's quote.  [ghost_grin])

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gerard - 'You MUST be terribly worried about him') was back on September 11th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 24, 2022, 05:24:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #27 (1966) - Liz - 'Darling, do you realize how upset he MUST be?'

From "#0027/0028: Robservations 06/06/01: A Sundae With David"
At Collinwood, Liz is on the phone with Roger, her tone disapproving, explaining that David has been gone for three-quarters of an hour. "Well, if I knew where, I wouldn't be calling you...well, he's your son and he was very much upset. All I want you to do is get home as soon as you can. All right. Goodbye." She walks from the phone, twining her fingers together, and mutters, "Useless! Absolutely useless!" "Isn't Uncle Roger coming?" Carolyn asks from her seat on the sofa. "I don't think he cares whether David ever comes back," Liz says sadly. "Carolyn, I want you to go search the grounds." "Oh, look, he's only been gone a short time," Carolyn reminds her. Liz: "Darling, do you realize how upset he must be?" "Mother, he was frightened, and he ran. He's bound to come back because don't forget, he's only nine years old." "I'm not forgetting," Liz assures her, "and please hurry!" Carolyn agrees to go
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And yes, in the beginning of the show wasn't Roger just the epitome of the perfect parent?  [ghost_wink] [ghost_nowink] [ghost_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2022, 06:54:59 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #218 (1967) - Liz - 'Well, you MUST admit it's a bit startling having a person of your obvious means wanting to live in such shambles.'

From "#0218/0219: Robservations 10/24/01: Willie & Cattle"
When Barn shows up, he smoothly bypasses Roger's question about his accommodations (can't very well tell the guy he beds down in a coffin during the day),
but asks to live at the Old House, startling Liz. He speaks so passionately about the house and his desire to live there, and I laughed when he assured her, "I'm the product of a proper marriage."
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the quote at all save for saying Liz is startled by Barnabas' request - but the quote doesn't really come up until after Barnabas has pressed them a few times and pushed against questions of why he would ever want to live at the Old House...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 27, 2022, 02:14:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #374 (1795) - Barnabas - 'Well you MUST, you know. He- he's my closest friend-- he has been all my life. I can always talk to Jeremiah about anything.'

From "#0374/0375: Robservations 02/27/02: Caught in Each Other's Arms"
As they head downstairs to the drawing room together, Jeremiah protests Barnabas' leaving bed over doctor's orders, but Barnabas wants to see Josette, and look at a wedding present together. Jeremiah feels Josette should have brought the gift up to Barnabas' room, and makes her promise to get him back there after they open their first wedding gift. After Jeremiah leaves, Josette tells Barnabas that she feels his uncle orders everyone around and makes her feel selfish. Barnabas knows how protective Jeremiah is, but they are very close, and he wants Josette to like him.
[/spoiler]

Another Robservations that barely references the quote at all, though this time it is clear when and how it comes up...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 28, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #470 (1968) - Jeff - 'There's a reason why I can't answer your questions. You MUST believe that.'

From "#0469/0470: Robservations 05/03/02: Imperfect Cure; Jeff's Odd Job"
He hesitates before asking her a very personal question-is she in love with Barnabas? No, she says, but Jeff asks if he's going to marry Barnabas. Who told you? demands Vicki--she assures Jeff they know each other better than he thinks and can ask her anything. He asks again if she's planning to marry Barnabas. Before the accident, they were going to elope, admits Vicki, but she isn't going through with it--she can't--she doesn't know how to tell Barnabas; she doesn't want to hurt him. It's unavoidable, says Jeff.
Vicki wants to go to the hospital, but Jeff sharply tells her to wait until Barnabas is released--that hospital isn't safe for Vicki or Barnabas. There's a reason why he can't answer her question. He admits he works for Dr. Lang--did she trust Peter Bradford? Yes. Jeff asks for the same trust. He'll tell her everything eventually, but if she must go see Barnabas, do it quickly and come straight back to Collinwood--that's all he's able to tell her right now. She looks at him, bewildered.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references the non-MUST part of the quote. It also skips Vicki saying to Jeff that he MUST have a reason for telling her not to go to the hospital (but she says it off-screen, so it won't ever be a part of the slideshow). But as is so often the case, it uses MUST, as in "if she must go see Barnabas," when Jeff actually says "if you have to go to the hospital and see Barnabas."  [ghost_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 28, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »

Ep #708 (1897) - Evan - 'But we MUST wait for Carl. Now it was not fair of Judith to give you the letter saying where the will is, not without getting Carl's permission first.'

From "Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709"
Evan and Edward are coming downstairs. The lawyer tells Edward that Carl should have been informed that Judith had given him the envelope containing the information about the location of the will. Nonsense, says Edward, "Let's open it and get it over with." As they enter the drawing room, Edward says he supposes Evan will require Quentin's permission, too. Evan and Quentin lock eyes. Edward opens the envelope. . .
[/spoiler]

Once again a Robservations that not only doesn't reference the full quote, but it doesn't reference the MUST part...

Love how Edward, who is normally MR. By The Book, is willing to fly in the face of all legalities when it comes to finding out where Grandmama's will is! Boy, does he have several surprises awaiting him!!  [nodassent]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Edward - 'You MUST talk to her, I'm sure she will agree with me that the will MUST be read') was back on August 13th.