Author Topic: Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709  (Read 1368 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709
« on: October 29, 2002, 12:01:34 AM »
708 - (Grayson Hall) - The great house at Collinwood stands deserted. The living have sought refuge elsewhere, leaving an evil spirit to roam the cold, empty corridors alone. At the Old House, Barnabas Collins remains in a deep trance. He has employed the mysterious powers of the I-Ching and gone through the door to the infinite, hoping to find and defeat the spirit who haunts Collinwood. But beyond the door, he has been transported back in time to the year 1897, where an old woman lies dead, taking with her a terrifying secret that the rest of the family tries to uncover--a secret that could destroy Barnabas forever.

Edward opens the door to Barnabas, who says he came as soon as he received his message. Quentin looks down from the landing as Edward leads Barnabas to the study, where Edith lies in her coffin. Edward observes how peaceful she looks; Barnabas agrees. She isn't at peace, says Edward--she tried to tell me the secret--it's always been told to the eldest son, and no question of her not telling me--there's a possibility that in my absence, she told someone else--like you, for example--the truth is, I think she did--what is the secret?--what's in the mausoleum? Barnabas looks quite perturbed at this highly personal question.?
I don't understand why you think Edith confided the secret to me, says Barn. Magda told us that Edith revealed the secret to someone else, answers Edward. Barnabas is astounded that Edward believes the Magda. Edith liked Magda, who told her many things, says Edward--Carl was with the gypsy when Edith died, and there was a living person who knew the secret. "So you accuse me," says Barnabas testily. I've made sure no one else knows, says Edward, not Judith or Carl. "Or Quentin?" demands Barn. Edward is sure his grandmother never would have told Quentin--but you, a total stranger who so resembles the original Barnabas. . .her mind was wavering--I appeal to you, Barnabas, to tell me the secret. Barnabas, acting insulted, assures Edward that Edith and I only exchanged a few words about the necklace I brought her--I find it incredible that you take the gypsy woman so seriously. I must, insists Edward--for over 100 years, the eldest son has always known the secret, and I won't rest until I know, too. I can't help you, says Barnabas. Edward wonders if she didn't write it somewhere, she was such a secretive woman. Perhaps she had to be, suggests Barnabas  Edward says the list of her distrusts would be very long--she distrusted lawyers, so there's even some speculation about her will--she left a sealed envelope for Judith, telling where it could be found--if only I'd been here before her last illness, everything would have been different--I'd have seen to it. Edward leaves the room.

Quentin opens the door to admit Evan Hanley (happy days for HAA fans)! Evan, looking handsome in a goatee and hat, greets Quentin and expresses his condolences. Quentin begins to laugh. "You loathed my grandmother," he says, "because she knew about you!" There's nothing to know, says Evan. I'll remind you of that at our next meeting, says Quentin. Evan furtively asks him not to mention "those" here--"Really, Quentin." Are you here to hold my hands while the will is read? asks Q. Judith asked me here, says Evan--she has reason to believe the gypsies witnessed the will, for all anyone knows, she might have left everything to them. No, says Quentin, the money will go to a Collins, I'd hoped you knew the will, might be able to tell me if I got anything, and if I got nothing, to help me. It's too late after the will is read, says Evan. Would you help me? asks Quentin--if I got hold of the will, it could be changed? You can't, says Evan. Quentin offers the lawyer 10 percent of his inheritance; for that, he could get someone to imitate Grandmama's handwriting. There's no time, says Evan, Judith is bringing me the letter, and I can't turn the will over to you first. You could invent difficulties, prods Quentin--one quarter, he offers Evan. Evan objects--his position. . .Quentin reminds Evan he knows SEVERAL positions (do tell!)--his private life, and his public life. Evan asks if Quentin is thinking about blackmail, and reminds him he knows as much about Quentin. People expect ME to be bad, says Quentin, but you need money--or has that changed?--you shouldn't have married such an extravagant wife. . .Evan paces, ponders, and finally asks how Quentin will get the will.
"You'll help me?" asks Quentin. Evan agrees. Quentin promises to get it--one hour, and leaves the house. Evan looks unsure about this unsavory deal.

Barnabas and Edward join Evan, who expresses his condolences and shakes Edward's hand. Edward introduces Barnabas, who says it's a sad time for a visit and shakes the lawyer's hand. Evan asks to pay his respects for a very gallant old lady (what a hypocrite!), gushing about her being the last of her kind as Edward leads the lawyer to the study. Barnabas, probably pondering how much Evan resembles Nicholas Blair, looks suspicious. Left alone, Barnabas hears raucous laughter, and whirls around to see Jamison standing on the landing. He greets the boy, who bursts out, "He HATED her!--and she thought he was a shyster!" He observes that Barnabas DOES look like his ancestor. Yes, agrees Barn. Jamison tries to slide down the banister, but it really isn't long enough for that, so he just jumps off and walks the rest of the way. "You must be Jamison," says Barnabas. The boy asks, did you hear I was a good boy or bad boy--but that would depend on who you spoke to, adds Jamison. I spoke to no one about you, answers Barnabas. Jamison seems disappointed--they've all forgotten about me since great-grandmother died, laments Jamison--have you seen her? Yes, replies Barn. I've never seen a dead person before, says Jamison; I'm going in with Quentin, I'm not scared when he's with me. Barnabas tells him, I haven't seen Quentin--are you very fond of him? Yes, says Jamison, of course, and what a silly question. Belligerently, he accuses Barnabas of not liking him--he's just like the rest of them!--"Well I don't like you either!" shouts Jamison--"So there!" And he runs toward the servants' quarters.

Magda returns to the Old House. Quentin attacks her from behind, pushes her into a chair and begins strangling her. "You can be free so easily, Magda," he says as she tries to fight back. "All you have to do is tell me where the will is!" She struggles. "No!" she cries. He continues to throttle her. She orders him to let her go, finally promising to reveal where the will is. Nursing her painful throat, she tells him it will take five dollars. He asks if she values her life that cheaply. It's a joke, she says, since she knows he doesn't even have that much. He gives her a 20 dollar bill, delighting her. The will, he reminds her--who has it? He grabs her by the arms and demands, "TELL ME WHERE IT IS!" She pulls herself out of his grasp, then says, I don't care who gets it, what happens--my friend is dead, and Judith won't even let me see Edith's body--"It's in her casket," reveals Magda. Quentin doesn't believe it, but she assures him it's in the lining--she wanted you all to think of her as EDITH, not the money! says Magda--you'll have to look at her body to find the will, Edith said that--she knew all of you would fight over the money and not think of her at all! Quentin asks Magda if she knows what's in the will--I know you-- you wouldn't be satisfied until you knew--I didn't write the will, says Magda, and perhaps Edith told me. . . Quentin takes a knife from the table. "I understand you're afraid of knives," he says. "Well, onboard ship, I became quite good at throwing these. . .shall I show you!" He makes a sudden movement as if he's going to launch the knife right at Magda. She gasps, cringes, then tells him, you get nothing in the will. He accuses her of lying.
Edith felt no matter what she gave you, you'd have nothing left at the end of the year; says Magda--you could start with what you ended up with, and that's what she told me the first night you came back, chortles the gypsy, laughing. Quentin is stunned--tell me where in the lining the will is, he demands, holding the knife to her face. Facing her right hand, says Magda. Quentin hands her back the knife and takes his leave. "Wait!" she calls. Barnabas watches as Quentin and Magda exit the house. "You have a plan," she says, "I know that. I know what is in the will. I will tell. You have to give me money to keep me quiet." "Blackmail in advance," grumbles Quentin--I wouldn't have thought of that quite yet--I can still learn things from you, he says, and stalks off. Barnabas comes to Magda's side as she bites her thumb and spits in fury at Quentin's departing form. Barnabas greets her and asks about her new friend. No, an old enemy, she corrects him. Enemies become allies quicker than friends, I've found out, says Barnabas--what did you tell him?--that someone knew the secret? She looks ashamed--caught! You are accumulating things you will pay for, Madame! warns Barnabas.

Edward tells Jamison, who is fiddling with a piece of jewelry, that of course he must view his great-grandmother. I don't want to now, says Jamsion. What would Judith say at your refusal? asks Edward as Evan listens in the background. She hasn't gone in, points out Jamison. She was overcome with grief, says Edward, who turns and tells Evan, you must talk to Judith, I'm sure she'll agree the will must be read. Evan feels it's more respectful to wait until after the ceremony. We can discuss it with Judith and Carl, says Edward. As he leaves, he orders Jamison to prepare herself for going in to see his great-grandmother.

Quentin, holding out his hand and begging for "Alms for the poor and needy!" knocks at the window and Jamison lets him in. "What have you for a poor old beggar? asks Quentin querulously, bending his tall body like an old man's. Jamison hands him the piece of jewelry he was toying with. Quentin thanks him--it glitters as if it were a diamond--and I wish it was, he says in his normal voice. Quentin wants to know what's upsetting Jamison. The boy explains that Edward told him he must go in and look at Edith! Quentin agrees. Jamison wants Quentin to go in with him. Quentin kneels and asks Jamison, did I ask you to go to sea with me? I would have gone, insists Jamison. I had to go alone, says Quentin, otherwise I wouldn't have grown up--I went, scared as I was. Honest, asks Jamison? Quentin reminds him, I've never lied to you--I was so scared I couldn't sleep the first night, says Quentin--why are you afraid to go into the study? I'm afraid Grandmother will sit up, start to rise from her coffin, frets Jamison. That would be worth going through, laughs Quentin, just to see. It isn't funny, says Jamison. No, of course it isn't, agrees Quentin, but it will be, after I go into the room--I'll listen outside the door, and at the slightest noise, I'll come in--I dreamed there was a secret place in the coffin, a false lining facing her right hand, and there's a message in there for me--I want you to bring it to me.
The boy accuses his uncle of making it up, but Quentin says I'm not--the dream said you would bring me the message and never say word to anyone--will you do it--or are you scared? Spurred on by his beloved uncle, Jamison runs to the study.

Evan and Edward are coming downstairs. The lawyer tells Edward that Carl should have been informed that Judith had given him the envelope containing the information about the location of the will. Nonsense, says Edward, "Let's open it and get it over with." As they enter the drawing room, Edward says he supposes Evan will require Quentin's permission, too. Evan and Quentin lock eyes. Edward opens the envelope. . .

Jamison enters the study and, standing a distance back, stares at his great-grandmother in her coffin. Getting up his courage, he starts to touch her hand, then stops. He finds the note (on the left side of the coffin, not the right) and takes it.

Barnabas comes down and overhears Edward wondering why Quentin wants to wait for Carl--perhaps if he learns he gets nothing in the will, he'll leave Collinwood. He certainly will, agrees Quentin--if you have anything to do with it. We're getting the will, insists Edward--the very fact that she ordered it put into her coffin is proof she wasn't in her right mind. "So you're prepared to try and break the will if you're disinherited?: asks Quentin. "Why should I be disinherited?" scoffs Edward, then apologizes to Barnabas--we're under all this tension.

Jamison, overhearing Quentin objecting to Edward that it's inhuman to get the will now, tucks the will into his pocket. Edward asks Quentin, did you expect me to accept YOU as a judge of humanity? Jamison hides. Edward enters the study--I'll do this alone. He searches the coffin lining, but finds nothing.

Quentin tells Evan that Edward is insufferable and always has been. "Now, Quentin," cautions Evan, but Quentin says he doesn't care what his cousin thinks. Barnabas walks downstairs, smiles and observes that Quentin "is extremely nervous." Evan asks why he shouldn't be; it's his experience that death causes as much ill-feeling as life. Edward returns--the will isn't there, he says, I don't understand it. Perhaps she never got to put it where she intended, suggests Quentin. Barnabas listens intently. Evan suggests the gypsies took it. Quentin thinks they should search the house, make a game of it--Find Grandmama's Will. No, says Edward, we won't make a game of it, but we will find it. Edward and Evan head upstairs, Edward calling to Judith. "So the merry chase begins!" says Quentin to Barnabas. "There's one way to stop it," says Barnabas--"And you can do it!" How? asks Quentin. "You have the will, Quentin," says Barnabas--"I'll leave you now. There's only one thing you have to decide in the next hour--how to give it back--because if you don't, I will have to do something about it--something DRASTIC!" Giving him an evil look, Barnabas leaves Cousin Quentin considering what he just threatened to do.

NOTES: This is the longest set of Robservations ever, folks, it broke the record. I guess Barnabas doesn't care what history he changes, because he's diving n with both feet. Evan is an unscrupulous lawyer, must be a descendent of Nicholas Blair. Sending a terrified boy whom he supposedly loves to steal something that doesn't belong to him in the first place--Quentin's morals just keep getting better and better, don't they?

709 - (KLS) - The great house at Collinwood stands deserted. The living have sought refuge elsewhere, leaving an evil spirit to roam the cold, empty corridors alone. At the Old House, Barnabas Collins remains in a deep trance. He has employed the mysterious powers of the I-Ching and gone through the door to the infinite, hoping to find and defeat the spirit who haunts Collinwood. But beyond the door, he has been transported back in time to the year 1897, a time of crisis for every Collins, a time of suspense and sorrow, for the matriarch of the house is dead.

Judith and Barnabas enter the study to see Edith. My grandmother will always be alive to me, says Judith--I wish you had known her; your life would have been enriched. Barnabas murmurs agreement. Edith raised us when our parents died, explains Judith. Barnabas comforts her. She loved us all, even Quentin, says Judith--"I suppose I must look at her, mustn't I?" she asks Barnabas. Yes, he says, leading her to the coffin. She gazes at her grandmother. Barnabas suggests she'd feel better if she let herself cry. Grandmother didn't approve of showing emotion, says Judith; she believed in going on and holding one's head up high (that explains much about the Collinses)!--I must act as she would want me to, even though everything else is wrong--do you believe in the hereafter? He turns the question back to her--do you? I sometimes wish not, confesses Judith; if she's watching us, how distressed she must be--I don't believe anyone took the will--she just didn't put it where she said she would. Barnabas admits he has considered the possibility someone took it. Judith asks, why would HE take it? Barnabas calls her on that "he." She begs him to tell her, if he knows, who took it.

Barnabas refuses to speculate on who might have taken the will or why--Edith wasn't the sort of woman who would have placed the will in a certain place in her coffin and forgotten to put it there. Perhaps Magda kept it, says Judith; it must be she. Barnabas reminds her of that HE, but Judith won't discuss it.

Quentin has the will in his room, holds it in his hand. He speaks to Evan on the phone, revealing, "I got absolutely nothing--the gypsy was right--you must alert your man so we can get started," insists Quentin. Barnabas knocks at his door. Quentin hangs up, first tucking the will into his pocket before letting Barnabas into the outer room. You're an odd man, says Quentin--I wonder what you want in the house--why are he here? Rather than discuss himself, Barnabas wants to know--aren't you curious to learn why I accused YOU of stealing the will? Quentin chuckles--I'm used to being accused of everything bad that happens. He invites Barnabas into his room. Barnabas grabs the I-Ching wands on the desk into his hands, asking Quentin, are you interested in this? I got them in the Far East, answers Quentin, a trip I took when the family felt it a good idea I "see more of the world"--I know nothing about them. "Don't you?" asks Barn. Why did you accuse me of taking the will? Asks Quentin. Because I believe you did, says Barn. What evidence do you have? queries Quentin. Very little, admits Barn. Except an eye for character? asks Quentin. You won't get away with it, warns Barnabas--your grandmother won't let you. My grandmother is in heaven with the rest of the family, Quentin says--I'm sure the Collins have a special section picked out to be alone forever. I think Edith is still here on this earth, counters Barn--where I come from, there's a theory that when someone dies with business unfinished, their spirit lingers to finish it. Quentin scoffs at this notion--should I be looking for Grandmother's ghost, then?
Stranger things have happened, replies Barnabas; I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Edith is listening to this conversation. You're wrong, says Quentin, my grandmother wouldn't be quiet this long. The Mrs. Collins I knew, counters Barnabas, wouldn't let anything interfere with her plans for that will--she will not rest in peace until it's found, he says, then, getting into his cousin's face, says, "You will discover that, Quentin."

Judith tells Rachel that the children will attend the funeral, of course, Nora in black and Jamison in his black suit. She hopes Rachel has something appropriate to wear; they must conduct a simple, dignified funeral. Barnabas enters; Judith introduces Rachel to him. She rises and looks at him, greeting him politely. Judith informs Barnabas that he will be a pallbearer--at the funeral being held at 2 PM tomorrow (oh, no, that's not vampire hours!) Barnabas says he can't be there; he has business in Bangor that he can't cancel. Judith is shocked--surely you can try to cancel this business? He promises to try, "but please don't count on me." Judith, perturbed, says this is going to really upset Edward--I must tell him at once. This gives Barnabas a chance to speak to Rachel, who is grading a composition of Jamison's. The house has been so unsettled for everyone, she says softly. Barn asks her if she's ever been to the house where he's staying--the Old House has a portrait of a girl who bears a strong resemblance to you. Was she a Collins? asks Rachel. Yes, she came from Martinique to marry an ancestor of mine, says Barn smoothly, and she got her name from him--they never did marry; she married his uncle, and so Barnabas killed his Uncle Jeremiah in a duel. Rachel exclaims that it's a tragic story and asks if it really happened. Yes, says Barnabas painfully. She tells him, I'm fascinated by the past (Vicki II), and a reason I chose to become a governess--sometimes what I teach is as alive for me as your story--I'd love to see the portrait sometime--your story has rendered Jamison's composition dull--I'm a romantic. You should be, he says softly.
I feel I carry it much too far, she says, only seeing the things I want to see, ignoring what's unpleasant--I could never write an accurate composition or history; even if I wrote a story about the present Collins, I'd ignore death and somehow find love, mystery and romance--I'm trying to become a realist, she concludes. Barnabas beams, clearly entranced by this latest Josette clone.

Quentin tells Judith that Edward isn't here--and if Barnabas can't attend the funeral, curious as that may be, there is one person who can, and someone who should be pallbearer--Sandor. Judith is scandalized. Edith adored them, Quentin reminds her. Judith curtly tells him, if you can't be serious, be quiet--your suggestions make me think you capable of anything. (This puts me in mind of the kindly Barnabas who was liberal enough to teach Ben to read.) Judith spots a lace glove on the floor. Quentin picks it up despite her warning. It was on Edith's hand in the coffin, says Judith, that was her favorite pair of gloves--it was on her hand, and you know it! Quentin stares at the glove, perturbed.

Judith tells Quentin she's frightened. He retorts, you were always a scaredy-cat and I hated playing with you. I'm not a child, she says--open the door. They both go into the study. A glove is indeed missing from the old lady's hand. I must sit down, mutters Judith, unnerved, and does.  Quentin says it's a deliberate trick to scare one of us--for once, you can't accuse me. Judith asks, do you think her spirit. . .? What would a spirit be doing, wearing a glove? demands Quentin--there's a logical explanation for this--she can't be. . .this isn't logical. No one did this, says Judith, I know it; she's looking for her will.
Ridiculous, says Quentin, she's been in the coffin all along. Judith thinks someone must stay in the room--the body can't be left alone. I won't do it, says Quentin, so you must. (not it!) She accuses him of being frightened, but he denies it. He gives her back the glove and stalks from the room. If you could only speak, laments Judith, gazing at Grandmama's body, there's so much left to tell us.

Quentin is clearly nervous when Beth joins him in the drawing room. You're just the person I wanted to see; he says. Beth doesn't believe him. Why should you? asks Quentin you never believe anything I say. Very little, she admits. It was true, he insists--sometimes, at night, this house. . .when I think of all the strange, inexplicable things that have happened here--as if a curse had been put on it. I don't believe in curses, she assures him. You're much too modern, chides Quentin. I hope so, she says. I like that, he says, his face very close to hers--no matter how far away I've gone from Collinwood, I seem to belong to it more and more¢â‚¬¦that makes me very unhappy. It must, says Beth quietly. He observes that for once--you're not snapping and biting, taking the opposite side. I know what it's like, wanting to get away from certain people and things, she says--I'm sorry I said that--you won't stop trying to find out more about it. We are friends, Quentin reminds her--after years of battling, and in two minutes, we're friends--perhaps you'll even agree we can be more than friends. She changes the subject, telling him, Miss Judith wants me to sit in the coffin room with her a while. Can we talk more later? asks Quentin. I'm not sure, she replies. "I need you," he tells her--"I'll be in my room." "I'm not sure," she responds again, and hurries off, and runs into Dirk Wilkins, apparently her boyfriend, who tells her he has a carriage waiting. I can't go, she says, I have to sit with Miss Judith--they won't let me off. They did me, says Dirk, taking her arm: "You didn't ask, did you?" he demands. Yes, of course I asked, she says. Dirk knows differently. He grabs her into his arms and warns her, someday, you're really going to make me mad. Quentin interrupts; Beth pulls out of Dirk's grasp. "Well, backstairs excitement!" quips Quentin--"Sorry to surprise you, Dirk, your taste is excellent." Dirk asks Quentin what he's doing downstairs--I just passed your room and heard you inside--or someone was. Quentin thanks Dirk and hurries upstairs. Dirk asks Beth, "Tomorrow night?" She tells him she isn't sure. He repeats, "Tomorrow night" not as a question, but a done deal. "We'll see," she says. He puts his arms around her and begs to know why she's treating him this way, but she doesn't respond.

Quentin enters his room and finds it trashed, furniture overturned, everything a total mess.

Barnabas returns to Quentin's room with him. Quentin has apparently accused him of turning his rooms into a shambles. Did I supposedly do all this--plus putting your grandmother's glove outside? demands Barnabas. "You know it," insists Quentin. I've been a busy man, jokes Barn. You made the mistake of doing more than a ghost could, insists Quentin (how does he know?). I thought ghosts often searched for missing items, opines Barnabas. "YOU are the ghost," says Quentin. "Prove it," retorts Barn. Quentin orders him to stop it. Barnabas tells him he didn't start it. If not you, who? Asks Quentin. "That's for you to decide, Quentin," says Barnabas--did your grandmother find the will--is that what's upsetting you? "GET OUT!" orders Quentin. Barnabas leaves, closing the door behind him. In a fury, Quentin begins putting his room to rights. All the lights go out, and there's the sound of a heartbeat. Quentin demands to know who is in the room and darts into the outer-room. "Who are you?" he cries. He dashes into the hallway and orders Dirk to get him an oil lamp. The heartbeat grows louder. Dirk enters with the lamp, asking why the lights are only out in this room. Quentin asks Dirk where the sound is coming from, but Dirk doesn't hear the heartbeat. You must hear it! insists Quentin--it sounds like a heart!
Have you been drinking? Dirk asks. Quentin, terrified, tells Dirk, get me a carriage--I must go into town. It's late, the stable boys are asleep, says Dirk. Wake them up! demands Quentin. I'm overseer of the grounds, Dirk reminds him, and that isn't my job--you should wake them yourself. The heartbeat is louder, but Dirk still doesn't hear it. Quentin grabs and shakes Dirk, accusing him of being in on this, of lying. They get into a scuffle; Dirk tosses Quentin aside and orders him never to call him a liar. He leaves Quentin alone in the room with the heartbeat. "Stop it!" begs Quentin.

Dirk finds Beth about to knock on Quentin's door. She claims that Judith sent her here. It's just an excuse, accuses Dirk--you're here to see him, aren't you? Judith wants Quentin to come sit with the body, says Beth. Let the Collinses bring their own messages! orders Dirk--I've seen the way you look at Quentin--stay away from him!

Quentin races downstairs, the heartbeat still pounding in his brain. The lights go off and he runs. In the study, he stands over Edith's coffin and sees something that makes his mouth drop open and his face shake with terror.

NOTES: Has Grandmamama risen from the dead? Will she wreak revenge upon her wayward grandson, Quentin?

Who is responsible for the glove and Quentin's trashed room, Granny herself or Barnabas--or some other angry force?

Beth must be a sort-of boyfriend to Dirk, but she prefers Quentin (what woman wouldn't?), the bad boy, and we all know bad boys can be fun, but trouble, too!

Will Quentin get his just desserts for being a total blackguard? And yet, we see goodness in him, too, in suggesting that Sandor be a pallbearer at their grandmother's funeral. Judith would never allow it, of course, but Quentin at least has a good heart when it comes to doing the right thing.

Barnabas is back to his old tricks of mooning after a Josette lookalike, you could see him falling in love with all her talk of history and being a romantic.

Love, Robin

DVD

Re: Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 09:51:36 PM »
DVD episodes for October 18th and 19th.
The 3rd and 4th episodes on Set#13/Disc#2 (3rd and 4th episodes on MPI tape Volume #95)