Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118425 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1005 on: December 03, 2021, 02:44:17 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #50 (1966) - David - 'It was the Widows. It MUST have been the Widows!'

From "#0049/0050: Robservations 06/21/01: Where's Bill?"
I'm not at all sorry I woke you up, she says--look at that, go ahead--tell me what it says. He doesn't respond at first, so she asks again. Death, he replies. And who wrote it there? she asks. I don't know, he says. I've had just about enough of this nonsense, says Vicki. I didn't write it! he says petulantly. Who did? she demands--a ghost or a widow?--I want you to take these tissues--she pulls them from a box on her dresser--and wipe it off. No, says David. I'm not fooling, he says, I didn't go near your old mirror, I was asleep in my room! I want you to take these tissues and erase that, right now! she orders, thrusting them into his hand. It wasn't me, he says, it must have been the widows.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly or the entire quote - but it does reference it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'I went down to TELL Aunt Elizabeth and they MUST have come in here') was back on June 28th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 04, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #190 (1967) - Burke - 'Laura MUST have been here.'

From "#0190/0191: Robservations 10/03/01: Into the Fire"
Burke and Joe enter Laura's cottage, both bearing flashlights, calling to Laura. Joe searches in back while Burke looks around the living room. Joe tells him the back room is empty and there's no suitcase, but Burke points out that the fire is still burning, and if Laura left early this morning, who was keeping it going?--It's got to be her, Laura must have been here. Not now, and neither is David, says Joe.
[/spoiler]

For the first time in a while the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And December 2nd's slideshow seems to be turning into the Dynamic Duo of Burke and Joe Day. In 2020 they'd searched for Vicki together -

Ep #119 (1966) - Joe - 'We MUST have criss-crossed each
other's paths about a dozen times.'

- and this year they searched for David and Laura -

Ep #190 (1967) - Burke - 'Laura MUST have been here.'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 05, 2021, 03:44:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #340 (1967) - Barnabas - 'He MUST be eliminated immediately! ... Unless it's already too late.'

From "#0339/0340: Robservations 02/01/02: Woodard Knows Everything"

Once again the Robservations doesn't summarize the teaser. It's a reworking and extension of the ending to Ep #339. So, here's the pertinent part of the summary from that:

From "#0339/0340: Robservations 02/01/02: Woodard Knows Everything"
Freed from the family conference, Julia and Barnabas hasten upstairs, only to find the worst has happened
--the strongbox has been pried open and the journal is gone!
[/spoiler]

But that doesn't include the quote for a very good reason: that version ends with Julia saying, "It's gone!" However, the teaser version for Ep #340 continues past that point with Barnabas saying, "Then Woodard knows everything. He knows what I am." And that's followed by the quote. End of scene.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 06, 2021, 04:08:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #384 (1795) - Josette - 'You MUST stop him, Papa!'

From "#0384/0385: Robservations 03/06/02: Family Blood is Spilled"
Angelique goes into Josette's room and overhears Andre and Josette discussing the plan for Barnabas and Jeremiah to engage in a duel. Josette wants her father to stop it--they were as close as brothers, and look at what's happened, thanks to her!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does indicate it takes place...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST have hated me all your life') was back on July 4th of 2020, and the second (Jeremiah - 'No, Josette-- you MUST stay out of this') was back on April 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 07, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #505 (1968) - Sheriff Patterson - 'There MUST be some reason why Willie Loomis knows the man's name. There MUST be some reason why he knows your name.'

From "Robservations 6/4/02 - #505/506 - Adam Over the Edge"
The sheriff has two dozen men looking, and he intends to keep asking his questions until he gets satisfactory answers. Barnabas insists he's told him everything he knows, but the sheriff says that means someone else is lying--there must be some reason Willie knows the man's name, and some reason why Adam knows Barnabas' name. Prepare yourself for an ordeal, warns the sheriff, telling Barnabas to sit down--he won't leave until he gets the answers he wants. Barnabas obligingly sits.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does reference it well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 08, 2021, 03:35:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #681 (1969) - Maggie - 'But there MUST be something up there that David wants to see because David was confined to his room--now, he knew that if he got caught, his punishment would be extended--so something up there MUST be terribly important to make him go up there to find it.'

From "Robservations 10/8/02 - #680/681 - Maggie, Mr. Jughans and David"
Maggie suspects David has a secret in the West Wing--or why would he go there this evening? Why risk going back tonight? Perhaps, says Liz, what seems important to David is trivial to us. Perhaps, agrees Maggie, but there must be something up there David wants to see--he risked doing so even though he was already on punishment, knowing it would be extended--so something must be terribly important to David in that room. Carolyn agrees with Maggie--David hasn't been himself lately, and for both Maggie's and David's sake, Liz should try to find out what's bothering him.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote, but what it does reference is done so almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 09, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #825 (1897) - Beth - 'Barnabas, you MUST hate me.'

From "Robservations 2/24/03 - #823_4/825"
Left alone with Barnabas, Beth is uncomfortable.  You must hate me, she says, for failing you.  No, he assures her, I summoned you, but Petofi prevented you from coming to me, I don't blame you--I misused you, says Barnabas, ashamed--you belong to Quentin.  I will never use what powers I have to summon you again.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references almost the entire quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 10, 2021, 03:46:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #901 (1969) - Carolyn - 'Whatever is wrong, it MUST be dealt with here--you can't go after it, I can't let you go away. Whatever is wrong, we MUST take care of it here--it would simply follow you, or us. You MUST know that. Here, here in Collinsport, this is where your only hope lies.'

From "Robservations 4/21/03 - #901-902 -Carolyn Hears THE Breathing; Liz Follows David"
Nothing has happened except in your mind, she says. Not in my mind, he says. I've listened very carefully, since this began, she says--I'm sorry, but it IS in your mind, I can't bear to think of what's happening to you, but you can be helped. By whom? he asks. Kneeling down beside him, she pleads--let me try. You want to take care of me? he asks--a father is supposed to take care of his daughter, and I've done a miserable job of that. Don't start hating yourself, asks Carolyn. I hope you never understand what that means, he says, and I hope you never will. I know I will, she says passionately--if I let you go away, or go away with you, whatever is wrong must be dealt with here--I can't let you leave, and we must take care of it here, it will only follow us, here in Collinsport is where your only hope lies. He shakes his head. "Then there is no...hope!" he cries, defeated.
[/spoiler]

While not perfectly, the Robservations references the quote well...

And again a Robservations sees kneeling where's there's sitting because Carolyn actually sits next to Paul on a bench at the foot of the bed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 11, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #990 (1970PT) - Sabrina - 'You MUST sit. All our hands MUST touch.'

From "#0990/0991: Robservations 06/20/03: Seance Redux; Cyrus Investigates Yaeger"
Where are the others? asks Sabrina--where is Cyrus? There will be no seance in this house tonight, Roger insists. But we planned it, protests Sabrina--Cyrus and Mrs. Collins. Maggie? asks Liz. No, not Maggie, says Sabrina--Angelique! Liz and Roger are astonished. You must sit, says Sabrina--all our hands must touch. What's happened to Sabrina? asks Roger. The clock strikes 11 PM. We can't just leave her here, says Liz. She thinks it's that night! says Roger, staring up at the clock--what other explanation could there be?--it was at the same time, six months ago, when we gathered in that room.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 12, 2021, 04:22:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1111 (1840) - Daniel- 'Once you kill, you MUST kill over and over again.'

From "#1111/1112: Robservations 09/18/03: Julia in Jeopardy"
I'm not Harriet, protests Julia, holding her throat.  Ha--how like you to say that, accuses Daniel, do you not think I recognize you?--of course you've changed, but you were always deceptive, always pretending to be someone you were not.  He is clearly nuts.  I should have known that when I married you! he shouts, coming closer to her.  Julia warns him she will scream, she swears.  You cannot scream, he insists insanely, if you scream, they will come--they will know how you haunt me, how you always come back to haunt me--I thought when I killed you first, that would be the end of it, but no, once you kill, you must kill over and over again.  He lunges at her, grabbing her throat again.  She calls him mad, and he demands to know why she came back, why, why do we relive that night, why don't you leave me alone?
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Daniel - 'And now we MUST play the little game again. You were always so stubborn, Harriet!') was back on July 11th of 2020, and the second (Flora - 'But you MUST read it, though. It's by far my best work. Oh I do hope the critics notice') was back on May 21st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 13, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1188 (1841PT) - Flora - 'You MUST learn not to become hysterical every time you hear some strange noise in the night.'

From "#1187/1188: Robservations 12/01/03: In Gabriel's Clutches!"
You were engaged as a private secretary for me, is that correct?  Yes, says Stella.  You enjoy working good hours, earn good wages, and get your room and board free, says the older woman.  I know all that, says Stella, I appreciate your having me here--I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.  There was no misunderstanding, says Flora sternly, you were instructed when you came here to remain in your room after dinner, yet last night at nine o'clock, you were found in the hallway leading to the north tower!  Agitated, Stella stands--I told you I heard a terrible scream coming from the tower room, she says--Cook heard it, too.  I've already talked to Cook, says Flora, she heard nothing.  But she was there in the corridor with me, protests Stella--Mrs. Collins, it sounded like someone was dying.  Are you telling me someone was killed in that room last night? demands Flora.  I don't know, bleats Stella.  (Gabriel's eyes widen; are they speaking of him?)  If someone had, I'd have known about it, wouldn't I? asks Flora, and done something?  Yes of course, says Stella miserably.  Nothing happened here last night, insists Flora, nothing out of the ordinary
--this is a very old house, and you must learn not to become hysterical every time you hear a strange noise in the night--do you understand?  Yes, says Stella.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 14, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #785 (1897) - Magda - 'Ah, Mr. Edward, you MUST be so happy to have a man in the family at last! ::laughs::'

From "Robservations 1/28/03 - #784-785  - A Sudden Marriage; Magda Takes a Desperate Chance"
Judith answers the door to Magda.  "Ah the happy bride, best wishes, Lady," she says.  Judith asks, what do you want?  To see Quentin, says the gypsy.  I'm astonished you dare to come here, says Judith, considering you worked for Barnabas.  He is a Collins, like you, says Magda--all Collins are hard to work for.  Quentin enters.  Leave us alone, Judith, he tells his sister.  Judith leaves, first tossing Quentin a dirty look.  I had to know, says Magda, I had this feeling. . .if you don't try tonight, I feel you'll never be able to try again, and I trust my feelings.  I'll be there at dusk, promises Quentin.  Edward comes out.  Magda says, "Ah, Mr. Edward, you must be so happy to have a MAN in the family at last!" (oooh, nasty diss against both Quentin and Edward!) She laughs as she exits.
[/spoiler]

And I love the look on Quentin's face as he checks for Edward's reaction to Magda's remark -

- not to mention the look of disgust on Edward's face.  [santa_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 15, 2021, 04:38:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #555 (1968) - Nicholas - 'So you MUSTN'T be afraid to tell me the truth.'

From "Robservations 7/10/02 - #554/555 - Guess Who's a Vampire Now?"
Nicholas goes to see Adam and asks where Vicki is. Adam claims not to know, but Nicholas knows he's lying and assures him he understands why.  Nicholas says he won't tattle on him, that he's his friend and saved his life. He wants to know where he'd hiding Vicki.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, Nichols delivers it after he says that he saved Adam's life and is his friend and before he insists Adam show him where he's hidden Miss Winters.

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Nicholas - 'No, that is out of the question. You MUST STAY here') was back on January 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 16, 2021, 01:29:02 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #302 (1967) - Julia - 'Now, if Sarah has indeed returned, we MUST find her before she destroys our plans.'

From "#0301/0302: Robservations 01/04/02: Thrust & Parry"
Realizing he's looking at Sarah's picture, she asks him if he thinks she has returned. Don't be absurd, he snaps, she's been dead almost 200 years (and you're a vampire, Barn, what's your point?)
You've come back, Julia reminds him defiantly, why can't she?--perhaps she's returned as a ghost. She's concerned that her experiments might fail because of his emotional imbalance--Sarah must be found before everything is ruined.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely paraphrases the quote, but it does reference that it takes place...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'The injections take time to prepare and MUST be prepared with caution') was back on October 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 17, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »

Ep #21 (1966) - Vicki - 'Well then you MUST also think that the only reason he came back here was to harm your brother and you.'

From "#0021/0022: Robservations 06/01/01: Coffee Dreams"
Carolyn takes and reads the letter. Liz asks Vicki if she's ever heard of Wilbur Strake before. No, says Vicki. Hey, a private eye! says Carolyn with a chuckle, what do you know? Yes, says Vicki--do you have any idea who might have hired this man to ask these questions about me? No, says Liz. Unless it has something to do with what you were talking about says Carolyn--Mother felt Burke might try to dig up something about our past. This has nothing to do with that, insists Liz. It sure sounds like it, says Carolyn, reading, "He was anxious to learn the details of your securing your position"--he means with us, of course, "why you were hired by the Collins family, who recommended you, and all the rest of it"--whatever that means.
Liz looks around nervously. What she means is, says Vicki, he wanted to know why your mother hired me in particular when she never heard of me before. I've already answered that question, haven't I? asks Liz, forehead furrowed. Yes, says Vicki, you said your brother was the one who made the recommendation, but... Miss Winters, says Liz, rising from the couch, I thought we settled this matter. Maybe you have, says Carolyn, but someone else hasn't--(to Vicki) Don't you have any idea who might be this interested in you? I thought your mother might know, says Vicki--do you think Burke Devlin hired this man? I suppose it's possible, says Liz. Why would he want to know about me? asks Vicki. I can't answer that, I don't know, says Liz, now flanked by Carolyn and Vicki. You think Burke Devlin was responsible for the car accident, don't you? asks Vicki. Yes, says Liz. Then you must also think, says Vicki, that the only reason he came back here was to harm your brother and you. Yes, agrees Liz. Well, then, it's logical the only reason he'd hire someone to make these inquiries is if the results would be harmful to you, doesn't that make sense? Miss Winters, asks Liz, are you asking me whether or not I'm trying to hide something about you and your past? Yes, says Vicki (forthright, spunky girl!) Liz walks away and says the answer is no.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...