Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118292 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1185 on: May 18, 2022, 03:12:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #465 (1968) - Vicki - 'We MUST go to the Collins mausoleum now.'

From "#0465/0466: Robservations 05/01/02: Elopement, Interrupted; Mad Doc"
Vicki awakens calling, "Peter!" Barnabas is there, demanding to know who Peter is. "Someone I met a long time ago," she says. Someone you cared for, Barn asks. Yes, she responds. Forget him, orders the vampire. I'm trying, she says. You knew I was coming tonight, he reminds her--are you ready to leave now? She moves away from him, upset. No, there's something I have to do first, to get peace--I must know if what happened during the seance really happened or was just a dream. It makes no difference, he insists, she's beginning a new, different life. She asks if he wants her to be happy. Of course, he responds. I won't be until I know for sure, she says, and there's a way I can do so--go to the Collins tomb and see if there really was a secret room--if there is no secret room, she'll know it was a dream; if they do find it, she'll know she lived through part of the past.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations doesn't reference the quote very well, but at least one can tell when/where it comes up, even if it doesn't use "must"... (And speaking of using "must," in the excerpt the Robservations uses "must" in a place where it isn't used in the ep and doesn't use it in the four places where it actually is used.  [easter_rolleyes])

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Joe - 'Someone MUST have lost it in the old courthouse - and the most likely person to have lost it would be you') was back on August 17th of 2020, and the second (Vicki - 'There's something I MUST do first') was back on February 28th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 19, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #703 (1897) - Quentin - 'Oh, well you MUST forgive us. We're not as familiar with our own family's history as we should be.'

From "Robservations 10/24/02 - #702/703 - Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves"
Judith introduces Barnabas to her brother. "An unexpected pleasure, Cousin," greets Quentin, smiling broadly. Barnabas apologizes for not letting them know sooner of his arrival. Quentin warmly assures him, we're always delighted to welcome family members, no matter how distantly related. I arrived late this afternoon, says Barnabas, and I enjoy traveling. Quentin tells Judith Barnabas really resembles the portrait in the foyer. Ah, yes, the original Barnabas Collins, agrees Barnabas. Yes, says Judith, he lived a hundred years ago, in this house. Yes, says Barn, I'm quite familiar with his life, being a direct descendent, and all--Barnabas left Collinwood in 1798 (?), went to England and established that branch of the family. Quentin apologizes for not being familiar with Collins family history. Barnabas says, I'm not a historian.
[/spoiler]

This Robservations references the quote, though not fully, and not by using "must."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 20, 2022, 03:06:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #887 (1969) - Julia - 'If he did disappear, then he MUST be on his way back here!'

From "Robservations 4/10/03 - #886-887 - 1796 Finale; Hello, Leviathans!"
Back at Collinwood, Carolyn pours tea from a silver service, telling Julia, it will calm you down. Julia still clutches her journal. You need rest, insists Carolyn. She hands Julia a cup of tea--exactly what happened? she asks. For the past few weeks, explains Julia, I've been hearing voices that seemed to come from the past--I think I heard them tonight. And they told you Barnabas is dead? asks Carolyn. No, says Julia, they said he disappeared from the Old House. You already knew that, says Carolyn. I was wrong to think that meant he was dead, admits Julia--I should have known--if he did disappear, then he must be on his way back here! You aren't making sense, says Carolyn.  Julia, however, is already half out the door--I've got to go!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Oberon - 'It is for that reason that we MUST go on in spirit') was back on July 8th of 2020, and the second (Julia(reading) - 'I MUST NOT, I will not give up hope, though there seems so little left now') was back on August 24th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 21, 2022, 03:46:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1111 (1840) - Daniel - 'No, you MUSTN'T scream. You MUSTN'T scream. They will come if you scream.'

From "#1111/1112: Robservations 09/18/03: Julia in Jeopardy"
Julia's captor, Daniel Collins, tells her, don't scream--they'll come if you scream--it's my duty to kill you.  Julia struggles as he drags her into the playroom.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well, though, again, without using a form of "must"...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Daniel - 'And now we MUST play the little game again. You were always so stubborn, Harriet!') was back on July 11th of 2020, the second (Flora - 'But you MUST read it, though. It's by far my best work. Oh I do hope the critics notice') was back on May 21st of 2021, and the third (Daniel - 'Once you kill, you MUST kill over and over again') was back on December 10th. So that all means that Ep #1111 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #550, #609, #646, #678, #727 and #1057. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 22, 2022, 02:18:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #975 (1970) - Barnabas - 'Is there a time band running parallel to ours? Do we all live in that band as well as this one-- live differently because we have made different choices? I MUST find out.'

From "Robservations 6/10/03 - #974-975"
...unable to even enter, when I watch my friends live other lives--are Julia and Stokes right--is there a time band running parallel to ours, where we live different lives because we have made different choices? I must find out! Why can't I always see those lives in this room, why?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations does a bit of paraphrasing but still references the quote well...

And it's too bad that when it comes to the screen capture of Barnabas' close-up it was shot too close to fully show off the Pepe Le Pew spike in his bangs:

[easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Bruno - 'I can look at the moon and enjoy its beauty, but you, tonight, how desperate you MUST feel knowing that tomorrow it will be even more beautiful and more full') was back on January 18th, and the second (Bruno - 'I have an enemy, a man who shouldn't be alive, but he is, because he's in love so his will to live is very strong. We've got to change that, you and I. We MUST destroy the person who keeps him alive!') was back on April 20th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 23, 2022, 03:10:42 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1061 (1995) - Julia(reading) - 'We MUST leave Collinwood before the day is out. We MUST.'

From "#1060/1061: Robservations 08/12/03: From PT to the RT Future!"
Barnabas enters the drawing room, where more beams have come down, leaving it almost unrecognizable--there was no war or hurricane here, he says--it's as if the house was simply abandoned.  Barnabas, in one month? she asks, astounded. The house is as still, quiet as the grave, he says--do you suppose that everyone we knew, all our friends--Maggie, Elizabeth, David--are dead? Julia horrified, says, I don't know. They continue to wander around.  She finds and picks up some papers on the desk she'd left there the night she went to parallel time--look how they crumble at my touch! Perhaps, suggests Barn, radiation has sped up the process of deterioration.  (Barn knows about radiation)? She gazes at the pieces in her hand--it could be, she says. What could have happened? he wonders. She finds another piece of paper that says, "We must leave Collinwood before the day is out--we must." It's a note in Liz's handwriting, unfinished, says Julia. Then they did leave for a reason, says Barn, walking amongst the rubble--but what is it? On the floor, he finds Liz' diary, which has been burned. I wonder why anyone would burn it? asks Julia.  It's as though they wanted everyone to forget they ever existed, says Barn.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Mrs. Johnson - 'You MUSTN'T ask and I MUSTN'T TELL') was back on June 3rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 24, 2022, 03:24:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1187 (1841PT) - Julia - 'They would change only if you told her the whole truth. And your mother and I would never accept that. You know you MUST never tell anyone.'

From "#1187/1188: Robservations 12/01/03: In Gabriel's Clutches!"
You've asked her to marry you, haven't you? Julia asks Morgan, her voice icy.  Nothing that happens in this house ever escapes you, does it? asks Morgan coldly.  The proposal was inevitable, we've all known it, she replies--I suppose she did not give you an immediate answer?  You suppose correctly, as always, he says.  Catherine knows her own mind, says Julia, she's strong and loyal--and if she accepts you, she will make a fine wife.  You're leading up to something, my dear aunt--what is it?  The question of where you and Catherine will live, she replies--after you're married.  We're going to live here, of course, says Morgan.  You know very well that you cannot bring anyone into this house! hisses Julia, and you know very well why.  I refuse to let my fears be decided by the fears that exist in this house, insists Morgan.  I am speaking of realities, says Julia--how can you possibly deal with the problem--if Catherine is living here?--how can you explain to her that she's got to lock her doors every night, that her life is in constant danger--what in the world will you tell her?  I will tell her nothing, says Morgan, because I believe she is what this house has needed for a long time--I believe things will change if she were here!  They will change only if you told her the whole truth, says Julia vehemently, and your mother and I would never accept that--you know you must never tell anyone.  Now listen to me, insists Morgan, we can't allow this secret to go on any longer--we can't live in this atmosphere of fear!--we can't lock our doors every night, we cannot walk down the halls without feeling fear!  Please lower you voice now, cautions Julia.  The servants are in bed, says Morgan, there's no one listening.  They may or may not be, she says, I don't want to take the chance of anyone overhearing
[/spoiler]

If it weren't for the changing of one word, the Robservations would reference the quote perfectly...

And an interesting bit of trivia about this scene is that when it came time to shoot this scene none of Grayson Hall's 1841PT outfits were ready so they decided to dress PTJulia in something Countess Du Pres' wore in the 1795/96 storyline. If fact, a screen capture of Countess Du Pres wearing the same outfit was featured in the slideshow back on March 7th:

Also, it's really interesting how often Julia and Morgan pop up in the slideshow together:

From January 11th:

From April 16th:

From May 22nd:

From May 22nd 0f 2021:

From August 1st of 2021:

From October 19th of 2020:

From November 12th of 2020:

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 24, 2022, 05:39:00 PM »
It's also interesting that in some of the early PT1841 scenes, Grayson seems to wearing a fall that reminds me of Hazel Court.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 26, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #18 (1966) - Vicki - 'Your father was almost killed. I'm sure he MUST be very upset, just as you are.'

From "#0017/0018: Robservations 05/30/01: David's Case of the Guilts"
I tried to tell him I'm sorry, says David resentfully, but he wouldn't listen! Is that all? asks Vicki. He yelled at me and told me to go to bed, complains David. Look at me, says Vicki--your father was almost killed--I'm sure he must be very upset, just as you are. I wanted to apologize, that's all, says David. But there's no reason for you to apologize, says Vicki, believe me--I know what's bothering you--you told me you wished your father would die, and he almost did, and now you think it's your fault. It's not true, says David, it's not my fault, and I had nothing to do with it
[/spoiler]

And if I do aay so myself, the screen capture for this quote came out really nicely -

- but then that's also due to the fact that Midnite picked a quote from such a great moment from the scene...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 27, 2022, 03:44:27 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #196 (1967) - Liz - 'You MUST be careful, particularly now, not to misinterpret what you see or hear.'

From "#0196/0197: Robervations 10/09/01: Blackmailed by a Blackguard"
"I will not be cross-examined or have my motives analyzed!" says Liz, leaping to her feet. "I invited a houseguest and that is it." Vicki begs her not to allow herself to get too excited. (Vicki, Roger and Carolyn are lined up in front of the fireplace, leaving Liz standing alone by the sofa. It underlines how isolated she must feel right now.) Roger walks over to her, assuring her they aren't attacking her. They're obviously interested and concerned about her friend, that's all. "He isn't your concern," says Liz crisply, "so you hereby have my permission to ignore him." Actually, he seemed a pleasant enough sort, says Roger sarcastically, but if that's your attitude, I might take your advice--and he leaves the room. Carolyn apologizes to her mother for causing this. Not your fault, says Liz. I've been reading meanings into things that don't exist, says Carolyn. Liz tells her to be careful, especially now, and not misinterpret what she sees and hears. I'll try, Carolyn promises, and I'm not like Uncle Roger--I'll make Jason feel welcome. No, that isn't necessary, says Liz, too sharply, then adds, more softly, I don't want you to go out of your way. Don't worry, says Carolyn, it's no trouble at all! And she leaves, too. Vicki is the only one left. She walks over to Liz and asks if there's anything she can do. No, says Liz. You should get some rest, advises Vicki. I'm beginning to feel tired, says Liz. You need to get your strength back, says Vicki. Liz agrees she's going to need all the strength she can muster. Why do you say that? asks Vicki. Liz tells her she's going to need her support. You know you have it, says the young woman.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well even though it doesn't use "must" and it uses "especially" instead of "particularly"...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'MUST you indict everyone?') was back on July 14 of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 27, 2022, 03:16:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #371 (1795) - Josette - 'I shall pray for you to be well again. You MUST get well. You MUST.'

From "#0370/0371: Robservations 02/25/02: Choking on Her Revenge"
Josette clings to the suffering Barnabas, crossing herself, praying for him to get well.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote, but it does reference Josette's actions while delivering the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 29, 2022, 01:40:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #464 (1968) - Barnabas - 'You MUST come tonight. When you hear the music, you will rise and leave Collinwood and come to me.'

From "#0463/0464: Robservations 04/30/02: Julia's Ultimatum"
Vicki gets into bed. We see Josette's music box on her dresser. Barnabas, staring out the Old House window, says that Vicki now represents too great a danger to him, and he must do something about it. He orders her to come to him when she hears the music. Josette's music box opens by itself and Vicki, in a trance, climbs out of bed and takes it into her hands, listening intently. Barn tells her not to be afraid, to let the music guide her to a new life. "Come to me, Vicki, come to me!" he commands.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote, but it does reference when/how it takes place. And as is too often the case, the Robservations uses "must" where it wasn't used in the ep and doesn't use it where it actually was. The full text of what Barnabas actually says is, "There's no longer a choice for me, Vicki. If you stay as you are, you represent too great a danger for me. You must come tonight. When you hear the music, you will rise and leave Collinwood and come to me."

But what it perhaps the most shocking aspect of this ep is on view in this screen capture:

Look closely. ... YES, those really are Alexandra's naked feet, she's not going to bed wearing shoes!! I mean, how often have we remarked about how unrealistic it is that the actresses nearly always go to bed wearing shoes when their characters are going to be called upon to get out of bed at some later point in the ep? But that's the accepted thing they do. What was Alexandra thinking while taping this ep?!  :o

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 29, 2022, 05:50:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #704 (1897) - Judith - 'Well now that he's back, we MUST be much more cautious. We MUSTN'T let him become suspicious.'

From "Robservations 10/25/02 - Welcome to Collinwood, 1897! - #704/705"
Beth arrives with dinner, and quietly tells Judith Quentin stopped her in the foyer and questioned her about the food. She said she was bringing it up to Judith and she thinks he believed her (all Judith takes from the tray is a cup of something). Judith warns her that now that Quentin is back, they must be cautious, not let him become suspicious. Edith calls for her consomme, and Judith tells Beth to take the rest of the tray upstairs and don't let him see her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 30, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #197 (1967) - Roger - 'They didn't- I didn't lose them. But they MUST be around, unless someone threw them out.'

From "#0196/0197: Robervations 10/09/01: Blackmailed by a Blackguard"
Sam drinks at the Blue Whale. Roger enters. Other patrons are being served by the bartender. Roger joins Sam, who notes his arms are empty--"I thought you were going to bring me something." I thought I would, too, says Roger, he doesn't know where his paintings are--he searched all over the house, everywhere--he can't locate them. Sam insists he has to be kidding. They sit at a table. Roger says he wishes he were--they were in the house. I didn't expect you to hang them, says Sam, but I didn't expect you to lose them! He didn't, says Roger, they must be around--unless someone threw them out. This horrifies Sam--how can anybody throw out paintings?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Well, it MUST be very personal and very important to have such a special padlock on it') was back on July 23rd of 2020, and I love that quote, so Roger!  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 31, 2022, 02:38:31 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #466 (1968) - Jeff - 'You MUST'VE liked this Peter Bradford a great deal. I envy him.'

From "#0465/0466: Robservations 05/01/02: Elopement, Interrupted; Mad Doc"
She's surprised he doesn't know who she is, I was sure you'd remember--we knew each other long ago. He seems puzzled. His face, his hair, his hands are all the same, points out Vicki--you are Peter Bradford.
I'm Jeff Clark, he corrects her, sorry to be upsetting you. He wants to help, tells her not to cry. Neither of them understands, which makes them perfect for each other. He wants to go, but she begs him not to leave. Where did he come from, she asks. The road, he says--he hasn't lived in Collinsport long at all and doesn't want to give her his life story after all she's been through--not 1795, but the accident, he says. He starts to go, promising he won't disappear. He figures she liked Peter and envies him that. Don't envy him, advises Vicki.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Lang - 'Mr. Collins, you and I MUST talk') was back on May 26th of 2020, the second (Julia - 'I MUST have an ambulance immediately') was back on May 31st of 2020, and the third (Julia - 'Alright. But there are certain precautions that MUST be taken. Under no circumstances MUST he be exposed to any light') was back on November 30th of 2020. So that all means that Ep #466 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #550, #609, #646, #678, #727, 1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...