Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118467 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1410 on: December 17, 2022, 02:58:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1233 (1841PT) - Catherine - 'The way I've treated her since she married you-- she MUST think I hate her by now.'

From "#1232/1233: Robservations 01/07/04: Daphne Falls Ill"
Catherine shakes her head--no, it can't be true!  I'd give me life to make it a lie, he says, but it is true
--when Mother told me the news, I went to see Dr. Fletcher myself--he doesn't know what's wrong with her.  Doesn't know? says Catherine--he's a doctor, of course he knows (spoken like a doctor's daughter).  He wasn't able to diagnose the illness, says Bramwell, he could only tell that she is dying--all the vital life signs are weakening, she hasn't the will to fight--unless the situation changes soon, she will not have very much time.  It can't be true, insists Catherine--she's so young, she's never been sick before in her life.  I know, says Bramwell--if this happens to her, then I will be responsible.  Why? asks Catherine.  I married her, then completely neglected her, he says--I've given her nothing to live for, and now she's dying.  You mustn't blame yourself, says Catherine.  But I do, he says--last night I came home with such good news--my ship had arrived--I now have as much wealth as I'd ever want, now it means nothing to me--I would gladly give it all up if I thought it would make her well again.  Catherine rises from the sofa--if anyone is to blame, I am, she says--the way I've treated her since she married you--she must think I hate her by now.  The fact is, says Bramwell, you are right, Daphne should have listened to you--I married Daphne because I was hurt and angry at you--but now, I feel very deeply toward her
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Bramwell - 'Dr. Fletcher suggested that we get someone in for consultation, but he didn't hold out much hope--we MUSTN'T fool ourselves') was back on October 7th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 18, 2022, 04:08:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1171 (1840) - Judard - 'You MUST understand. You MUST believe me. It's the truth.'

From "#1171/1172: Robservations 11/18/03: Another Brick in the Wall"
I'd rather see him beheaded--that's a fitting end to Quentin Collins!  Have you always hated him this deeply? asks Gerard.  He's responsible for ruining any happiness I might have had, she says sadly.  You still have a chance, he says--did it ever occur to you that I was forced into treating you like I did when you had to choose between Quentin and me?  I don't believe that! she says.  You must believe it, because it is true, he says--Samantha, I knew there wouldn't be any chance between you and me if Quentin was still around.  He tries to touch her, but she moves away.  You must understand and believe me, he says tenderly, putting his hand on her shoulder, kissing her temple, it's true.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Samantha - 'Do you understand why I MUST get even with him for all the misery that he has caused me?') was back on April 23rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 19, 2022, 03:38:13 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1108 (1970) - Julia - 'As soon as she's well enough, you can go and take her away from there-- but now you MUST take her to Windcliff!'

From "#1107/1108: Robservations 09/16/03: Buried Alive!"
Windcliff Sanitarium? asks Sebastian--isn't that just a polite word for insane asylum?--you know as well as I do that Maggie's problem is physical, not mental.  It's both, says Julia, and YOU know that as well as I do (Yes, they were both vampire victims)--now Maggie is going to Windcliff, where she will have proper treatment and protection--as soon as she's well enough, you can go and take her away from there--but now you must take her to Windcliff!  Barnabas helps Maggie, who is wearing a scarf tied under her chin, downstairs--she's ready, says Barnabas.  Good, says Julia, everything's been arranged--Mr. Shaw, go get the car.
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'I've got to back to Collinwood. You MUST take me') was back on July 20th of 2021, and the second (Julia - 'Look, look at how old it is-- it really must be the original card that the family sent to friends in 1840') was back on September 10th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 20, 2022, 02:44:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1025 (1970PT) - Maggie - 'He MUST know how, how terrible this is for me...is he so obsessed with Angelique that I don't matter at all?'

From "#1024/1025: Robservations 07/17/03: First the Dress, Then Suicide"
Maggie sits in the drawing room, wondering, why hasn't Quentin come back?--he must realize how terrible this is for me...is he so obsessed with Angelique that I don't matter at all? The front door opens; we see only legs--it's Roger, and Maggie is disappointed. Still waiting up? he asks, the champagne glass still in his hand--"That's bad form, you know. Most husbands don't like their wives sitting up waiting for them, especially..."  Good night, she says angrily.  Roger goes on--"Especially in a marriage like this!"  You don't know anything about my marriage, she says.
Don't forget, he says, I lived through the last one in this house, so I know--by comparison. You're drunk, she accuses distastefully.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Hoffman - 'You MUST excuse me, I have a busy day tomorrow') was back on June 27th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 21, 2022, 03:48:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #978 (1970) - Angelique - 'All you MUST do is place it on the heart of another.'

From "Robservations 6/12/03 - #978-979 - Barnabas Turns to Ang; Widows' Hill Again"
Old House - Angelique and Jeb sit bare inches apart, looking almost intimate. Only the fireplace glows.  Isn't it considerate of me, she asks, keeping us in the dark, just the two of us, as if we were alone. Yes, but it waits for me, says Jeb, for one little bit of light, and you know that as well as I do. Barnabas told me you're in love, says Ang--I'm a great believer in love. Please, Jeb begs, take the shadow off me. Make it disappear? she asks, I can't do that--it must kill. Why? asks Jeb--you can do it.  I can't, she says, but you can, if you're willing--do you still have the paper cutout I placed on your heart?--all you must do is place it on the heart of another. I can't kill anyone now, protests Jeb. How you've changed, remarks Angelique
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Chris - 'Sabrina, you MUST TELL me what happened, you MUST!') was back on June 5th of 2020, and the second (Jeb - 'We MUST talk, perhaps for the last time') was back on February 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 22, 2022, 05:46:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #883 (1897) - Petofi - 'I've been concentrating on regaining Quentin&'s body because I know he exists in the future, but now Quentin is gone-- I MUST resign myself to the fact that I won't see him again until I get to 1969.'

From "Robservations 4/8/03 - #882/883 - Walking the Floor With Q; Fire!"
I'm here with Quentin's regrets, says Barnabas--he's left Collinsport. He got away! exults Charity, I'm so glad for him! Left Collinsport? asks Petofi. Yes, he's finally escaped you, says Barnabas, but no matter how angry you are, you can't make this girl pay for it--let her go and deal with me, nothing will be accomplished by killing her. Petofi exhales smoke, chuckles, and agrees--you are right--it is you I must keep--Charity has an excellent chance of surviving the present situation if things go as I expect.  Untie Charity, he orders Tate--I've been figuring on using Quentin's body because I know he exists in the future, but now Quentin is gone and I must resign myself to not seeing him until I get to 1969. You don't exist in 1969, protests Barnabas. But I will, exults Petofi--"In your body." Barnabas' mouth drops open--No!
The solution has been under my nose all the time, and I haven't seen it until now, says Petofi, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of a few word changes, the Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Garth Blackwood - 'You aided the prisoner years ago, you aided my murderer--now you MUST die!') was back on August 30th of 2020, the second (Charles - 'I have a message to take to Quentin and I MUST get it to him. You see, if Quentin is not there within the hour, Charity Trask will die') was back on December 8th of 2020, and the third (Petofi - 'You are right--you're absolutely right. It is you I MUST deal with'), which is obviously also from this scene, was back on August 22nd of 2021. So that all means that Ep #883 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 23, 2022, 04:40:49 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #639 (1968) - Julia - 'If you saw it, Mrs. Stoddard, there MUST be some explanation for it.'

From "Robservations 9/10/02 - #639/640 - Ghosts and Werewolves, Oh My!"
Collinwood - Julia comes downstairs, worried. She eyes the silent phone, then turns as Amy and Liz enter the house. Liz almost faints as she describes the wild animal that almost attacked her. Liz sits in a chair describes what looked like a wolf--and, as incredible as it sounds--it was dressed like a man!
Julia looks skeptical, but says if Liz saw it, there must be an explanation. Julia goes upstairs to get Liz a sedative and tells Amy to stay with her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'Amy, you MUST realize that I am responsible for you') was back on September 6th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 24, 2022, 04:56:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #655 (1968) - Liz - 'I don't know. I MUST have.'

From "Robservations 9/19/02 - #654/655 - Joe Unhinged"
Liz begins to moan and twist in her sleep, and she finally dreams: Amy, in night clothes, is singing "Rockabye Baby," in the middle of the woods. Liz approaches her and asks if she came to see "her," too. I heard her voice, telling me to come here, says Amy. Liz isn't sure if she heard the voice, but figures she must have. Liz is nervous and wants to go back, but Amy tells her "she" wants to see them.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'But I MUST touch you. And when I do, it will be as though you are dead') was back on December 21st of 2020, the second (Cassandra - 'You MUST leave Mrs. Stoddard now. She and I have an account to settle') was back on August 8th of 2021, and the third (Liz - 'I MUST move! I MUST make them hear!') was back on June 13th. So that all means that Ep #655 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #883, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 25, 2022, 03:32:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #664 (1796) - Angelique - 'Then you have no choice, you MUST trust me.'

From "Robservations 9/26/02 - #664/665 - Farewell, Vicki; Barnabas in Deep Trouble"
I want you to stay with me--and never make any attempt to return to the future. Why do you want me to stay? He asks. So we can be together, she says. "After all that's happened, you still want me?" he asks. Replies Ang, "I'm your wife. Husbands and wives should be together." She lifts her ring finger to show she is still wearing the ring he placed there on their wedding day. He darts forward and venomously informs her--I can't even pretend to love you. She retorts that she isn't asking him to pretend anything, she only asks him to stay here with her. If I stay, I would remain as I am, he reminds her. Yes, says Ang, it would be quite a sacrifice--are you willing to make it for your precious Miss Winters? Can I trust you? Barnabas demands. Can you save Vicki alone? she counters. No, he admits. Then you have no choice, she says, you must trust me. Perhaps, he says. She softly asks, will you stay with me--forever?
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep and this scene. The first (Angelique - 'I MUST remain in this century now, as a punishment for mistakes I made in the past--mistakes I will never make again') was back on August 25th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 26, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #340 (1967) - Barnabas - 'And you yourself, with all your sentimentality, MUST know that he has to die.'

From "#0339/0340: Robservations 02/01/02: Woodard Knows Everything"
Collinwood, Julia's room - Barnabas tells Julia Woodard must die--and SHE must help him do it! When she steadfastly refuses to kill her friend (or former friend, as Barnabas so cruelly points out), the vampire promises Woodard an agonizing slow death at his own hands. Which way does Julia want it?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations falls into the period where there's little detail. However, the quote comes up as Barnabas is initially telling Julia that Woodard has to be eliminated...

It really is unfortunate that because of the NABET strike and Robert Gerringer's refusal to cross picket lines DC recast Woodard with Peter Turgeon because many fans, including myself, have commented that they had no emotional attachment to Turgeon's Woodard and therefore Woodard's death has much less of an impact on them than if Gerringer had still been in the role. Of course, knowing the way DC thought about the audience, he most likely thought recasting the role would have meant nothing to the audience - but if so, he was wrong...

And this is the third quote from this ep and this scene. The first (Barnabas - 'He MUST be eliminated immediately! ... Unless it's already too late') was back on December 3rd of 2021, and the second (Barnabas - 'You're going to do it because you MUST') was back on April 8th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 27, 2022, 07:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #133 (1966) - Maggie - 'When a man says that about woman, she MUST have meant an awful lot.'

From "#(0131_)0132/0133: Robservations 08/21/01: Burke and Laura"
she comes in, sits quietly, alone, doesn't want to talk much, or eat much--doesn't eat anything--just sits there with a cup of coffee--which she seldom drinks--I don't think she's finished a cup yet. Burke helps himself to more coffee. He gives her some, too. I was just a kid, says Maggie, but I remember you used to go with her. She was quite a girl, says Burke softly, I don't think I've ever met anyone as fun or exciting to be with. When a man says that about woman, she must have meant an awful lot, says Maggie. Yeah, he says, if she'd married me, our lives would have been different in this town
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I MUST solve my own problems first. Then and only then will I be able to, to uh, deal with the other practical realities') was back on December 3rd of 2020, and the second (Burke - 'A woman. She's living here at the Inn, so she MUST have come in here') was back on November 2nd.

(And it's funny that there have been two consecutive days where the first quote came up on December 3rd.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 28, 2022, 04:28:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Moday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #104 (1966) - Vicki - 'Well, then it MUST have been someone who was already in the house.'

From "#0103/0104: Robservations 08/02/01: Will My Real Enemy Please Stand Up?"
Whoever it was tried to get into my room wasn't a prowler or burglar, says Vicki, he was after me. Matthew enters and asks, "What about a prowler?" Liz stands and thanks him for coming right away--Miss Winters thinks someone tried to force his way into her room last night. That doesn't seem likely, says Matthew, the house was locked up good, I saw to it before I went to my cottage. Couldn't the window have been locked? Asks Vicki.
Not unless twas unlocked after I made my rounds, says Matthew evenly. Do you always check the house every night? asks Vicki. Part of my job, says Matthew. Well, says Vicki then it must have been someone already in the house. That doesn't include many people, says Liz. I don't think it was anyone who lives here, says Vicki--someone could have gotten in during the day or earlier in the evening and hidden in any one of a dozen rooms. That's possible, says Liz, but it still doesn't explain why--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote close to perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 29, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #875 (1897) - Beth - 'What am I going to do? I can't go to Collinwood, it's too dangerous for me now. There MUST be someone in Collinsport...'

From "Robservations 4/2/03 - #874-875 - Beth's Realization; Beth's Mistake"
Petofi's mind in Quentin's body, Beth muses, panic-stricken--soon he'll find out I know about it, and kill me!  I can't go to Collinwood, there must be someone in Collinsport...but even if there is, they'll think me crazy! No, wait, there's Tim Shaw--he knows about Petofi and how much power he has, Tim Shaw is my only hope!  She hurries from the mill.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references only about half of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 30, 2022, 04:14:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #597 (1968) - Eve - 'You have made me, given me life. You MUST have some reason--'

From "Robservations 8/8/02 - #596/597 - Adam & Eve & More Problems"
Eve gets annoyed and says they'll be asking her next about Leona Eltridge--Adam seemed to think the name would mean something to her, too. She finds them and their questions strange. Barnabas thinks it odd SHE has so few questions. She asks if she will stay here. Stokes turns to Barnabas, and there is no answer. When will it be decided? she asks. Stokes asks if she wishes to leave--and where she would go? She's pissed they aren't answering her question. "I am used to my questions being answered!" she says. Barnabas jumps on that, demanding to know WHEN she was used to that? She doesn't know, she says, suddenly upset--what do you want me to say--tell me, I'll say it!--you gave me life, you must have a reason--tell me what to do and I'll do it, but I want to talk no more.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote pretty well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 31, 2022, 05:34:36 PM »

Ep #346 (1967) - Julia - 'Why MUST every woman he loves be a shadow, a reflection of Josette?'

From "#0345/0346: Robservations 02/06/02: Bad News For Vicki"
Julia is alone in Josette's room, sitting at her dresser, touching her brush and comb, musing over Barnabas' obsession with this woman, trying to fathom why. She talks to herself--why can't this dead woman STAY dead and buried? Julia hears a sound and demands to know who's there. She must be scientific about this Josette business.
[/spoiler]

This ep falls in the period where there's little detail, but at least the Robservations references the essence of the quote...