Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118585 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1800 on: December 16, 2023, 01:16:04 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #70 (1966) - Vicki - 'You MUST be the only person that's been in here in years.'

From "#0069/0070: Robservations 07/10/01: Mrs. Johnson, Spy; Josette Dances"
We see our first view of the Old House, its columns gleaming eerily in the setting sun (this is a great outdoor shot--how sad that the Tarrytown Old House burned down). Flashlight in hand, David leads Vicki across the porch and up the stairs between the columns. The wind blows hard. David opens the doors and they enter. There is a lot of junk strewn all over the place; the windows are broken. It's huge, observes Vicki. It's got an attic and cellar, says David. You must be the only person that's been here in years, says Vicki. Are ghosts a person? he asks. Oh, a ghost...oh, David, they don't exist, says Vicki, annoyed. They aren't alive, but they exist, all right, David assures her--wait and see. A shutter abruptly bangs closed, scaring both David and Vicki. It bangs in the wind. I think that shutter is one of your ghosts, says Vicki. No it's not, he says, you'll know it when you see it. Vicki hugs herself against the chill. David lights a candle as the wind hums through the ancient house.

This Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 16, 2023, 08:42:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #806 (1897) - Gregory - 'An evil force has aroused your spirit against me. You MUST believe that, Minerva. You MUST believe that!'

From "Robservations 1/11/03 - #805-806 - Portrait of a Confession"
At Collinwood, Trask is all set to again toss the confession into the fireplace.  This time, he chooses to tear it into pieces.  The room darkens, wind blows, thunder rolls.  Trask turns on a single lamp, then tosses the balled up paper into the trash can.  The window blows open; the room is filled with eerie, outer-space sounds.  Scared, he closes the window, looks around himself, and seems to be trying to escape something.  He covers his ears against the awful noise, then runs into the foyer.  Minerva! he cries--I know you're here, and why--leave this house!--do you hear me?--Minerva, stop doing this to me!  He begs her to stop, sinks to his knees, covers his ears, screaming, "Stop it!" over and over.

The lights in the drawing room come on; all sounds subside.  Trask asks Minerva, listen to me--I'm innocent!  The wind howls and the supernatural sound returns, as if disputing his claim.  He rises to his feet--Minerva, an evil force has roused your spirit against me, you must believe that!  He covers his ears again.  Silence once more, lights returning.  Charles Delaware Tate asks him, are you all right?

This Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 17, 2023, 03:16:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #651 (1968) - Chris - 'This is an emergency. I MUST talk to her immediately!'

From "Robservations 9/18/02 - #651-652/3 - Liz & Death; Joe vs. Werewolf"
Chris stares from his awful hotel room at the moon. He gazes at his reflection in the mirror, feeling for excess facial hair. He paces, nervous. He checks his watch. He picks up the phone and calls the operator to get him 7758. The phone rings at Collinwood. Barnabas answers. Chris asks to speak to Julia. Barnabas says Julia can't come to the phone. I must speak to Julia, insists Chris. There's been an emergency with Liz, explains Barnabas. My emergency is more important, says Chris. I'll have Julia call you as soon as she can, promises Barnabas. Chris slams the phone down in frustration and looks anxiously out the window again. He falls into a chair, feeling the first stabs of pain, and we hear a wolf howling.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote, but it does reference its circumstances...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'You're very young. You MUST think about living, not about death') was back on February 6th, and the second (Julia - 'I know it's very difficult for you to accept this, Barnabas, but you MUST, for your own piece of mind') was back on April 25th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 18, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #620 (1968) - Angelique - 'Vicki's with him. Do whatever you MUST with her, but find the cross and destroy it.'

From "Robservations 8/26/02 - A Concerted Effort to Save Barnabas - #620/621"
I can't control Barnabas anymore, says Ang, he has a cross that protects him, and as long as he has it, he can do whatever he wants--he can kill Eve! Adam, backing away from her, falls onto the sofa. She tells him Barnabas is in his former room, lying on his bed. He's planning to come kill Eve--I swear it. Adam vows that won't happen, but he can barely move. Vicki is with him, explains Ang, do whatever you must with her, but find the cross and destroy it Then Barnabas will be as he was before. Adam insists he cannot go. Ang says Barnabas is weaker than you are, and I know you can get there--please try, she begs. He assures her he will go and take, that cross! Ang is relieved.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: December 19, 2023, 04:24:10 PM »

If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #913_914 (1969) - Michael - 'She's beginning to suspect too much, David-- we MUST find a way to deal with her-- immediately.'

From "Robservations 4/29/03 - 913/914/915 - Warning for Barnabas: A Taste of Vampirism"
Julia asks Michael, are you another relative of Megan and Philip's? Yes, responds Michael, I will be staying with them a while. That's nice, remarks Julia.
When Michael raises his hand, she notices the moon shaped birthmark on his wrist and stares at it. What's the matter? Asks Michael.  Nothing at all, answers Julia--when is Carolyn expected?  She doesn't usually come in until afternoon, says David. I'll come back then, says Julia, and leaves. "She noticed my birthmark," says Michael--"She didn't say anything, but I knew what she was thinking. She's beginning to suspect too much, David--we must find a way to deal with her--immediately."  David looks unhappy at this announcement.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Michael - 'Good. Now there are some rules you'll have to obey. You MUST be very quiet. You MUST stay awake. And you may not call for help no matter what happens') was back on September 17th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 20, 2023, 03:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1005 (1970PT) - Gladstone - 'Your experiment MUST be moving along very nicely, especially considering the amount of the quantity of the compound you're using.'

From "#1004/1005: Robservations 07/01/03:"
Cyrus sits at the desk in his lab. He's just taken another shipment of the compound from Gladstone--bring another tomorrow, requests Cyrus. Another? asks Gladstone--so soon? Can you do it? asks Cyrus. Of course, says Gladstone--your experiment must be moving along very nicely, especially considering the quantity of the compound you're using. Cyrus doesn't answer at first, then says only, the experiment is continuing. Successfully? asks Gladstone eagerly. The delivery can be accepted tomorrow by Sabrina, says Cyrus, I won't be here. You still won't discuss this project, will you? asks Gladstone, sounding just a bit nuts. Apparently, that's the case, isn't it? says Cyrus.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Gladstone - 'If you're Dr. Longworth's assistant, you surely MUST know how important my compound is to his experiment') was back on July 9th of 2020, and the second (Angelexis - 'Alexis! How many times MUST I tell you only call me Alexis?!') was back on September 18th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 21, 2023, 04:04:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #377 (1795) - Josette - 'We MUSTN'T care. We MUST be together!'

From "#0376/0377: Robservations 02/28/02: Andre Takes Control--He Thinks"
when she answers her door, finds Jeremiah there. He swears he didn't want to be alone with her, but her flirtatious manner assures him she's very glad he stopped by. He's angry with himself, but she insists their matching brands are the result of Fate, and they should stop hiding what they feel for each other. She caresses him, and even though he shakes her and reminds her, roughly, that she loves Barnabas, they end up in a passionate clinch. She tries the rosewater on his hand, to no avail, and he tells her Naomi dreamed of this "brand for lovers." Their hands touch, they kiss again.
He walks away, tells her that when he's alone in his room, he doesn't feel this fever for her; then returns to her side and kisses her face. Let everyone in the house know, insists Josette. we must be together! Jeremiah succumbs, then cries out this can't be--he is leaving Collinsport, now, tonight. He races from the room. Josette is upset and confused.

The Robservations only references part of the quote - but considering that it doesn't at all reference some of the other quotes we've used from this ep, that's an excellent accomplishment...

And this quote sets another bigger again because it's the seventh time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow, joining Eps #66, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993!! The first (Jeremiah - 'Because I MUST!') was back on August 22nd of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'It MUST! Or everyone will know!') was back on October 22nd of 2020, the third (Jeremiah - 'I MUST LEAVE this room! LEAVE this house! LEAVE this town!') was back on January 4th of 2021, the fourth (Nathan - 'Then you MUST learn everything from me') was back on September 15th of 2022, and the fifth (Josette - 'Oh Angelique, nothing MUST happen now. Not with the wedding so near') was back on September 23rd of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 22, 2023, 05:30:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #1218 (1841PT[-1967]) - Bramwell - 'I'm a totally changed man now-- totally changed-- and you MUST remember that!'

From "#1218/1219: Robservations 12/22/03: Unfortunate Timing"
she's wrong--she's remembering something in the past--but I'm a totally changed man now--you must remember that--and she cannot accept it!  The thought didn't even occur to me until I was on my way back here, says Daphne.  Furious, seemingly talking to himself, Bramwell wonders, how dare Catherine try to interfere with our lives--she chose how to live hers--now let her live it and let us alone!  Oh, Bramwell, says Daphne, why is there so much emotion in your voice when you speak of her?  There are many kinds of emotions, says Bramwell, and anger is one of them, and I've never been one to hide my anger--you will have to learn that.  I have learned it, says Daphne, stepping back from the intensity of his emotions, and you still haven't said the words I want to hear.  I love you--very much, he says (and gets a zero on the love meter for his lack of sincerity).  No, says Daphne, I know you better than you think, and I know you didn't mean what you said.  She gazes at him regretfully.

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Josette - 'You MUST answer that as honestly as you know how') was back on December 13th of 2020, the second (Carrie - 'Well I'll try. But you MUST understand, whatever I see in the future I have no control over') was back on March 12th of 2021, and the third (Josette - 'We MUST talk, Catherine--alone') was back on February 14th. So that all means that Ep #1218 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #644, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #750, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #975, #976, #977, #993, #1006, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1128, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #367, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #377, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 23, 2023, 10:30:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1150 (1840) - Randall - 'Someone at Collinwood MUST have a key. I'll go there and I'll be back here as soon as I can make it.'

From "#1150/1151: Robservations 11/03/03: Gerard Gives Daphne Dreams"
he can't spend another moment down in that basement, he feels the presence of evil down there!  There's no key, says Randall, he probably took it with him.  Break the lock, says Trask.  I can't, objects Randall, the door is solid iron--someone at Collinwood must have a key, he'll go there and return as soon as he can.  Randall! calls Trask through the bars, please hurry!

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Randall - 'I MUST. I MUST, there is an innocent woman dying in Rose Cottage') was back on May 11th of 2020.

Apparently we like quoting Randall from this ep, even if it's been over three years since we first did so..

And it probably wouldn't hurt to mention once again for those who still might not know that the role of 1840's Randall Drew was originally created for Don Briscoe but he was unable to play it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 25, 2023, 05:08:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #170 (1967) - Carolyn - 'My uncle will be along in a moment and I MUST warn you, though, his attitude is not the best.'

From "#0170/0171: Robservations 09/19/01: Laura, Saboteur, Dream-Weaver"
Vicki lights the candles. We must keep in mind that experience may be a very gratifying one, he says, we may be able to understand the reason for Mrs. Stoddard's trance. Carolyn enters and greets Peter. My uncle will be along in a moment, she says, I must warn you, his attitude is not the best. Mr. Collins' attitude doesn't bother me in the least, he assures her. Good luck to all of us, she says, on this occasion. I hear someone toasting, quips Roger, but I don't see anyone drinking--good evening, Doctor. Peter greets Roger and says if they're all ready, they can begin. I'm as ready as I'll ever be, says Carolyn. Vicki says she is, too, continuing to light the candles. Let's get it over with, agrees Roger. If you'll all sit at the table, I'll turn out the light, says Guthrie. He closes the double doors and turns out all the lights, then turns on the recorder. How very restful, remarks Roger. Make yourselves as comfortable as possible, advises Guthrie. He sits across from Roger. Vicki and Carolyn face each other. Our object here tonight, says Peter, is to summon the ghost of Josette Collins--now we're all reasonably certain that she's been trying to communicate with us (Vicki looks nervous)--now we feel if we can create the proper atmosphere and right state of mind, that she will come into this room and speak to us--she might either appear to one of us or use one of us as a medium, to speak through. Well I certainly hope she uses you, doctor, it will be something to remember, hearing her voice coming out of your mouth.

And I do so love this period of Roger because he gets some of the best lines, like how it would be something to hear Josette's voice coming out of Dr. Guthrie's mouth.  [santa_grin]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Guthrie - 'We MUST keep this circle unbroken at all times') was back on May 2nd of 2020, and the second (Mrs. Johnson - 'Oh, they MUST be upstairs. They'll be down in a few minutes') was back on June 7th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 26, 2023, 03:26:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #69 (1966) - Burke - 'Well, I MUST admit, I did jump the gun.'

From "#0069/0070: Robservations 07/10/01: Mrs. Johnson, Spy; Josette Dances"
Uncle Roger could no more have killed Mr. Malloy than I could--do you mind if I get a drink of water? She starts to go to the kitchen and he stops her, saying that place is an awful mess--I'll get it for you. He does so, preventing Sarah's being discovered. Burke and Sarah look at each other as he fills a glass with water. He smiles at Sarah before returning to Carolyn, to whom he hands the water. She drinks. Maybe I was a little hasty about that part of it, says Burke--it seemed so logical. You just don't know Uncle Roger the way I do, she says. And you don't know him he way I do, counters Burke--but I must admit, I did jump the gun--I have a lot on my mind. I know you have, she says. Bill Malloy's death struck me harder than most people, he says, I guess because he was my only real friend--I guess the only other person affected as much was Mrs. Johnson.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 27, 2023, 02:48:04 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1232 (1841PT) - Morgan - 'He MUST NOT see her anymore, because if he does, I'm going to kill him.'

From "#1232/1233: Robservations 01/07/04: Daphne Falls Ill"
but I'm no less angry at Bramwell--he must not see her anymore, because if he does, I'm going to kill him.  Julia comes in--that isn't the answer, she chastises--I told you not to get upset about this.  I can't help it, he says.

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Bramwell - 'Daphne, nothing MUST ever happen to you--nothing') was back on May 12th of 2020, the second (Josette - 'But you know what the doctor said. You need complete rest-- you MUST STAY in bed') was back on January 21st of 2021, and the third (Morgan - 'No, you're right. I MUST never think anything like that. I'm sorry') was back on June 16th. So that all means that Ep #1232 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #644, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #750, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #975, #976, #977, #993, #1006, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1128, #1197, #1199 and #1218. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #367, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #377, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 27, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #849 (1897) - Quentin - 'I MUST be wrong, it can't be the same one.'

From "Robservations 3/12/03 - #848/849 - Return of Aristede; Music Box Mystery"
Quentin pours himself a drink in he drawing room. She holds up the music box--do I owe you thanks for it? she asks. He's shocked to see it--where did you get it? he demands. I hoped you could tell me, she says. I don't know, says Q. You've seen it before, she challenges him--where? I must be wrong, it can't be the same one, he says. Who did it belong to? she asks---it matters to me, a great deal. He reluctantly tells her it belonged to a relative who once lived at the Old House. Barnabas Collins? she asks. How do you know that name? he asks. I collect information, she says craftily, and remember what I hear--you wouldn't expect me to forget a vampire, would you?--I listen when people speak--now is there any reason I shouldn't know? No, not now, he says--Barnabas is dead. I think I saw him the first night I was here, says Kitty--I cannot believe he was a vampire. She opens the music box and asks, "If this was his, why was it given to me?"
I don't know, says Quentin. She looks haughty and disbelieving. She drops the lid, closing off the music.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 28, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #545 (1968) - Nicholas - 'You MUSTN'T worry about what other people think, Adam, and you needn't always do what other people want you to do. You MUST learn to be a strong-willed individual.'

From "Robservations 7/1/02 - Stokes Demands Answers - #544/545"
Adam is reading when Nicholas appears in his room. Adam, surprised, orders Nicholas to leave, but the warlock tells him they will be good friends. Carolyn is his friend, insists Adam, but Nicholas points but so is Stokes, whom he knows. Stokes told me you were here, reveals Blair, and I am going to be teaching you, too, taking up where Stokes left off. He knows Adam will finish the simple books soon, and Nicholas will see to his higher learning--Carolyn doesn't know I'm here, says Nicholas. Adam smiles and admits he likes Carolyn very much, and Nicholas tells him not to worry about what others think or do what others want him to do-he must be a strong-willed individual. He tells Adam he is stronger than other people, bigger, can learn faster, has a better brain, can do things others can't-a very important person.
Adam likes this ego-stroking a lot. Nicholas promises he will learn, with his help, how important he is. Nicholas says he's never seen anyone quite like Adam, a man who, with his guidance, can alter the course of history. Adam likes this, too. Nicholas shakes his hand and promises they will be going a long way together.

And speaking of the quote, there you have it, the advice from Nicholas that would go on to completely ruin Adam's character!!  [santa_sad] [santa_angry]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'You MUST NOT die through magic--Nicholas would surely know that I was responsible') was back on May 29th of 2020, and the second (Carolyn - 'But we MUST be more careful') was back on December 13th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 29, 2023, 09:04:10 PM »

Ep #318 (1967) - Barnabas - 'What else can I do? The boy MUST be silenced!'

From "#0317/0318: Robservations 01/16/02: Who Influrnces Barnabas?--Only Sarah"
In the secret room, Barnabas accuses Julia of arousing Woodard's curiosity. He opens the panel. David must be silenced, insists Barnabas, but Julia protests. Barnabas opens the coffin and shoves her into it violently.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote entirely but does reference it well - and during this period where the Robservations lack details, that's something major...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'You MUST find Sarah and persuade her not to tell David any more of your secrets') was back on June 24th, and the second (Barnabas - 'And I MUST see to it that it doesn't happen to me') was back on August 15th.