Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118482 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1110 on: March 05, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #400 (1796) - Angelique - 'You MUST see each other face to face, and watch that each of you obeys my least command.'

From "#0399/0400: Robservations 03/15/02: Is My Wife A Witch?"
In her old servant's room, Angelique constructs a house of Tarot cards, ordering them to do her bidding.
[/spoiler]

Despite the Robservations not referencing the quote directly, it does reference it well...

One of the more interesting anecdotes that Lara Parker has shared through the years is how once the cards were set fire in this ep, they burned much faster and more intense than expected because a stagehand had squeezed too much lighter fluid on them. Ah, the joys of live-on-tape and little rehearsal.  [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 06, 2022, 06:40:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #480 (1968) - Julia - 'He MUST be mad. None of what he was saying could possibly be true. A laboratory? On this floor?'

From "#0479/0480: Robservations 05/13/02: Forget, Jeff, Forget!"
Jeff tells her to go to the lab on the second floor--she'll know he's telling the truth. She promises to do so. Now that she's cooperated with him, he must return the favor. She sits back down and begins doing the ol' medallion-twirl on him. "Find the center." He stares, searching for the center of the light, and does. Julia tells him that, when she snaps her fingers, he'll sleep, and when he wakes up, he won't remember anything that happened there tonight--just finding his belongings and falling asleep. "Yes," he says. She snaps, his head falls to one side. Julia thinks that Jeff must be mad, what he said was impossible. The lab. . .she gets up and leaves the room.
[/spoiler]

Again, a Robservations that doesn't reference the quote directly, but it does reference it well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUST let Clark live') was back on November 27th, and the second (Barnabas - 'I won't call her but we MUST contact Julia. She's the only one who can get us out of this situation') was back on January 5th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 07, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #649 (1968) - Madame Findley - 'I know you exist here, but you MUST make your presence known to me. You MUST make your presence known!'

From "Robservations 9/17/02 - #649/650 - A Tumble Downstairs; A Rejected Proposal"
[/spoiler]

As you may have already deduced, the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. In fact, it doesn't summarize any of the teaser from which the quote comes - and that's quite odd because the teaser goes on beyond how things ended in Ep #648:
Madame Findley, very excited, has entered the storage room in the West Wing. She spots the opening in the panel the kids made and crawls inside. Something pushes her. "You're here, aren't you?" she demands--"I can tell your presence!" The door bangs closed behind her, locking her in. David and Amy enter the other room and hear her say, "You won't frighten me, I want to help you!" David covers the open panel with a trunk and the kids gaze at it.
But David and Amy aren't in Ep #649 so none of their part is recreated - the teaser is strictly Madame Findley. And in the recreated part, after Madame Findley has entered the storage room, the line she delivered in Ep #648, "Yes. Oh, Yes," is dropped in favor of her going right to discovering the opening in the wall and entering Quentin's room. However, once inside she doesn't repeat the lines, "You're here, aren't you?" and "Yes, I can tell your presence!" Instead she says "I can sense your presence. Someone, now dead, lived in this room. Who are you? Who are you?! Why..."  And at that point the door slams shut. But unlike how that happened previously, we don't see Madame Findley say, "You won't frighten me, I want to help you!" as David and Amy heard her say. Instead after finding the door locked and as she moves to back up against the fireplace, she says, "Whoever you are, you're trying to keep me here! Why?! Why do you haunt this house?" She begins to look around the room as she asks, "What do you want? Who are you? Who?!" She then laughs and delivers the quote, after which she is excited when the gramophone begins to play...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 08, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #886 (1897/1796) - Barnabas - 'How she MUST loathe me.'

From "Robservations 4/10/03 - #886-887 - 1796 Finale; Hello, Leviathans!"
Josette's room at Collinwood - Natalie enters and assures Barnabas Josette is safe--I found her at Widows' Hill--if you had gone to her, says Natalie, she'd have run from you, and died.  I know, says Barnabas. The witch showed Josette a vision of herself as she would be if she went with you, reveals Natalie. "How she must loathe me," laments Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'I MUST get back to the path. Where is the path? Where is it?') was back on September 18th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 09, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #927 (1970) - Philip - 'You MUST understand-- he's not like other children.'

From "Robservations 5/6/03 - 926-927 - Michael Must Die!"
I suppose you're wondering about the boy and why he did what he did, says Philip. Yes, says Maggie, I am thinking about him. Understand, he's not like other children, says Philip--since his parents were killed in the accident, he's been angry all the time, angry at the world--he wants to strike out at anyone because of what happened to him. And I just happened to be there, says Maggie. Yes, says Philip, I'm sorry.
[/spoiler]

Not exactly the real explanation, but it's one Maggie would swallow.

And while the Robservations doesn't reference the "MUST" part of the quote (shameful!!), it does reference the quote well...

And wow - what an understatement that quote is!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2022, 04:20:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1031 (1970PT) - Angelexis - 'He's the only one, Julia, who can ruin all our plans. Barnabas Collins MUST be destroyed.'

From "#1030/1031: Robservations 07/22/03: Papa's Revelation"
Angelique's face segues into that of her portrait. I don't know why you pay any attention to what Barnabas Collins said, says Hoffman--Maggie left of her own free will--of course I don't deny we encouraged her departure, but we didn't hurt her--it's not as if we have her hidden away somewhere. Angelique grins.  Why are you smiling? asks Hoffman.  No reason, the other woman replies. Back in RT, Julia opens the double doors and listens to the two women, one of whom it her exact double. You know where she is, don't you? ask Hoffman.  Yes, replies Angelique, I know where she is, and will tell you all about it later--but I'm concerned about Barnabas right now--he's the only one who can ruin all our plans, Barnabas Collins must be destroyed. "Destroyed?" cries RT Julia. "Barnabas, no! No!".
[/spoiler]

With the exception of not addressing Hoffman as "Julia," the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 12, 2022, 02:00:28 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1075 (1970) - Barnabas - 'Then something MUST happen to Hallie or David or somebody else before she'll even listen.'

From "#1074/1075: Robservations - 08/21/03: Lilacs"
That's the next clue, says Barn--the unfinished horoscope. I saw the finished chart in Liz' room, says Q. No disaster was mentioned? asks Barnabas. Completely the opposite, says Quentin, it states that Collinwood is to come under a siege of unrelieved tranquility. It must be unfinished, says Barnabas--where is Elizabeth? She went to Portland for a day or two, answers Quentin. I wish she were here, frets Barnabas, I want to tell her there's danger for the entire house.
She would probably disregard the horoscope as having anything to do with the sun and the moon, predicts Quentin, and she'd also say it's not unfinished, it's absolutely complete.   Then something must happen to Hallie, David or somebody else before she'll even listen, says Barn.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2022, 05:28:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1181 (1841) - Charles - 'Your honor, I MUST ask the court not to allow this woman to take the stand.'

From "#1181/1182: Robservations 11/23/03: Samantha's Astounding Declaration"
What did you say your name was? asks Judge Vail.  Joanna Mills, the dark-haired woman replies.  Step forward to the bench, urges the judge.  This is some gigantic hoax! Pronounces Dawson.  Barnabas leans forward and asks Quentin, is this Joanna?  I don't believe it but yes, it is, he says.  My name has been mentioned in this trial, says Joanna, that's why I'm here to give testimony.  I ask the court not to allow this woman to take the stand, demands Dawson.  Why? the judge asks.  On the grounds that she cannot possibly be Joanna Mills, says Dawson--that woman is dead, I have offered into testimony the transcript of her death certificate--this woman is an impostor!  Wait a minute, orders Vail, banging his gavel, you have introduced into evidence a death certificate, but it can't possibly be the death certificate of this young woman--unless you believe that this woman you see standing before you is dead--is that what you're saying?  Of course that's not what I'm saying, says Dawson, irritated.  Is counsel willing to admit this woman is alive? Barnabas asks Dawson.  Of course I admit that, this is ridiculous, says Dawson.  Then the defense urges the court to allow this woman to testify, says Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly, save for once again not including the "MUST" part (again shameful!!)...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Charles - 'I am aware of the dangers involved, but I say we MUST use the Head of Judah Zachary!') was back on August 2nd, and the second (Joanna - 'But surely after she met you, she MUST have realized you couldn't harm anyone') was back on August 18th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 13, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1215 (1841PT) - Justin's Ghost - 'The room. Someone MUST go into the room.'

From "#1214/1215: Robservations 12/18/03: Not Gabriel!"
The clock in the foyer at Collinwood strikes 7 PM.  Melanie comes down, calling to her mother and Morgan, but gets no answer.  Why do I suddenly feel so cold? she wonders, hugging herself.  She goes into the drawing room and screams.  Justin's ghost is there.  Papa! she cries.  "No rest," says Justin--"they will not let me rest!"  Oh, Papa! wails Melanie.  "The room--someone must go into the room!" says Justin.  Melanie shakes her head.
[/spoiler]

(The funny thing is that when I saw that Midnite had picked that quote for Saturday, rather than think of its significance for the 1841PT storyline, I instantly thought of the "Take her to the room!" sequence in Barbra Streisand and George Segal's film The Owl and The Pussycat. If you've never seen that film, sadly, it's your loss because it's quite funny, and that particular sequence is hysterically funny.  [snow_laugh])

And as more proof that I rarely ever notice when one of the cameras accidentally appears on screen, it wasn't until yesterday, after I saw the screen capture for the quote displayed on the forum's BoardIndex page, that I even noticed that a camera can be seen on the left side of the frame in front of Isaac Collins' portrait:

I didn't even notice it when I took the capture. Though in my defense so far as having seen the scene in the past goes, I would have been watching on an old cathode ray tube TV, which would have cut off much of the outer edges of the shot. And so far as the day I took the capture goes, the top part of the camera doesn't really show up all that much against the portrait - it's not unless you notice the bottom of the camera that you even realize it's there - but while I was taking the capture I was only interested in getting a frame that showcased Justin's Ghost best...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 14, 2022, 05:22:38 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #31 (1966) - Vicki - 'But the facts are there-- if Mr. Devlin said he found that valve on the road, then it MUST be where David threw it after he got it out of my drawer.'

From "#0031/0032: Robservations 06/08/01: Son vs. Father"
But my father said he was going to send me away! protests David. That's no reason to do what you did! exclaims Burke. I know, says David, it WAS stupid--and he looks very depressed.
We segue into Roger telling Vicki that it was very stupid not holding onto the valve after she found it in David's room. I thought it would be safe locked in my drawer, says Vicki, I never dreamed David would find another key and get it back. Are you certain that's what happened? queries Roger. I'm getting a little bit tired of people not believing me, says Vicki testily. I'm sorry, Roger says, rising from the chair, clutching the valve--it's not easy to accept the fact that one's own son--and now Devlin tells me he found this valve in the road--I don't know what to think. Vicki says not to think any of this has been easy for her--I know that David is only a boy, and what I've been saying is horrible, but the facts are there--if Mr. Devlin said he found that valve in the road, it must have been where David threw it after he got it out of my drawer. And where Devlin conveniently found it, says Roger--Miss Winters, I... He's interrupted by the phone
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Burke, he spent an hour with you. If he managed to get into town just to do that, it MUST have been... he MUST have had a darn good reason') was back on July 1st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 16, 2022, 06:08:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #214 (1967) - Vicki - 'It MUST have been a very beautiful house.'

From "#0214/0215: Robservations 10/22/01: Barnabas' Deception"
We got a shaky shot of the Old House. Vicki, on one of her seemingly endless searches for David, got stuck inside the Old House (I assumed Barnabas did that to see who he'd snared in his web). I loved the way they have fog rolling past outside the windows topping the door, and Barnabas' theme music is excellent and eerie. He, of course, is easily able to open the "locked" door, and then begins to regale Vicki with stories about the building of the Old House,
comparing it with the pyramids of Egypt (luckily some history with which he IS familiar).
[/spoiler]

Obviously the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. But the way it comes up is that after Barnabas explains away how he knew how to open the stuck door and how he knows all about the house because of supposedly reading old letters and listening to stories in his youth, Vicki makes her remark. Barnabas agrees and believes it's now more beautiful than ever...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 16, 2022, 11:46:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #405 (1796) - Abigail - 'I MUST talk to you at once.'

From "#0405/0406: Robservations 03/20/02 - Cursed!"
Abigail goes to the Old House and is shocked to see Josette's portrait hanging over the mantle.
[/spoiler]

Obviously once again the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, the way it comes up is that after Abigail uses the knocker on the door to the Old House and Angelique answers, Abigail delivers the quote...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Countess du Pres - 'They'll think we've both gone mad. No, Josette, you MUST stay and make your explanations before you leave') was back on November 23rd, and the second (Josette - 'I MUST ask a favor of you, Aunt Natalie') was back on January 15th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 18, 2022, 12:38:15 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #521 (1968) - Julia - 'Yet, if Cassandra is still alive, why is Trask's skeleton hanging in the basement of the Old House? He MUST'VE gotten rid of her. If only we could find out.'

From "Robservations 6/14/02 - #521/522 - Enter Nicholas Blair!"
Julia says Cassandra must be responsible for what happened to Liz, given the clue of the 18th century potion. My mother probably took the same, agrees Barnabas. If Cass is still alive, says Julia, why is Trask's skeleton down in the Old House? Barnabas suggests checking with Stokes, he can help them.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote, but what it does reference, it references well...

And while picking moments for the screen capture, when I saw this one -

- I just knew it had to be the one to use.  [snow_wink]

And Julia doesn't say Cassandra "must" be responsible, she simply says Cassandra "is" responsible...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Please! Now we MUST get that picture tonight') was back on January 16th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 19, 2022, 12:36:02 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #798 (1897) - 'Victor' - 'I MUST see you. I don't care how late it is. There's a certain thing you should be apprised of, Aristede. One hour. At the usual place. And do not be late.'

From "Robservations 1/6/03 - #798-799 - Losses"
Quentin's music plays in the drawing room; he listens and drinks.  Victor, downstairs on the phone, tells whoever he is speaking to, I must see you, Aristede, no matter how late it is--there are certain things you must be apprised of--meet me in an hour, usual place--and don't be late!  Victor joins Quentin, remarking, I thought the music indicated a love sick lady.  Far preferable to a disillusioned man, says Q.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 19, 2022, 03:24:54 PM »

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #905 (1969) - Julia - 'It MUST seem impossible.'

From "Robservations 4/23/03 - #905/906 - The Obnoxious Alex; Is Grant Really Quentin?"
It's 10:20 AM, according to the clock on the hospital desk (no desk nurse, however--too expensive to pay an extra). Julia checks the time. Chris comes in.  Where did you go when you left Stokes? she asks, I was calling the cottage all night. I was there but had the phone off the hook, says Chris, what's going on?  I know why Jenny appeared to you, says Julia--come inside--we've found Quentin Collins, as Jenny said. Looking down at Grant Douglas, Chris says, Impossible--if this were Quentin, he'd be very old--this is a young man. Julia says there's no time to give you explanations, you'll have to take my word--there is a logical reason Quentin looks young.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, after Julia tells Chris that the man in the hospital bed is Quentin and Chris says that's impossible is when Julia delivers the quote...

Also, Chris doesn't actually say that he had the phone off the hook, what he does say is, "I had the phone shut off."