Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118464 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1425 on: January 01, 2023, 04:16:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #42 (1966) - Carolyn - 'Oh, but I thought you said that money was your first love, and Mr. Blair MUST represent money.'

From "#0041/0042: Robservations 06/15/01: Sam's Torment"
Burke introduces Blair to Carolyn Collins Stoddard. How did you know my middle name? asks Carolyn. It had to be that, says Burke--Mr. Blair is a nefarious old swindler who I am engaged with to defraud your mother out of every single one of her vested interests. Oh, come off it, giggles Carolyn, it's nice to meet you, she says. Mr. Blair is an old friend of mine from New York, says Burke, who just invited me up here for a drink--how will that do? I'll buy that, she says. I thought you would, says Burke--and I will buy you lunch. She sits in the booth. Unfortunately, says Burke, Mr. Blair has another appointment, don't you, Mr. Blair? Yes, says the letter, checking his watch, I'm rather late now--great pleasure, Miss Stoddard. He leads Burke away from Carolyn. Burke tells him to go back to the hotel, he'll call him later. Blair agrees, then turns to Carolyn and asks her to forgive him for not joining them, but business before pleasure. Burke sits beside Carolyn, who asks him if it's possible he got rid of him so he could be alone with her. Why not? asks Burke, you're much prettier than he is. But I thought you said money was your first love, she says--and Mr. Blair must represent money. Oh, he does, my dear, says Burke, he DOES!--Mr. Blair represents more money than I'll ever see--and of course it's true I do have a fondness for the stuff, but only to buy pretty things for attractive young girls. Are you putting me on? she asks, grinning. Why on earth would I do that? he asks. I admit, I acted like a child, following you here, she says, but please don't treat me like one. Very well, Miss Stoddard, he says, how would you like to be treated? Oh, well, like a girl you really had a lunch date with, she says, Splendid, says Burke, now we shall start by ordering a splendid lunch--
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote just shy of perfectly...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (James Blair - 'You MUST have noticed that the only property that has a mortgage is the big house itself, Collinwood') was back on April 26th of 2021 (and is a line that I really believe was delivered incorrectly), the second (Carolyn - 'Well then, your honor, I MUST state that the prisoner did none of those things. I alone am to blame. I confess and throw myself on the mercy of the court') was back on July 13th of 2021, and the third (Carolyn - 'It MUST have cost a lot') was back on August 4th. So that all means that Ep #42 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #742, #883, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 02, 2023, 01:26:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #856 (1897) - Quentofi - 'My boy, we MUST get you a mirror. Indeed, we MUST.'

From "Robservations 3/20/03 - #856-857 - Trading Places; A Doxy Named Wanda"
Petofi lies on the floor, his glasses have fallen off his face, so when he comes to consciousness, and everything is blurry. He stares around himself, confused, his vision near blindness. He reaches out blindly, pushing aside the glasses. Aristede enters.  Who are you? asks Petofi--what's happened to me?--what are you gonna to do me? Aristede picks up the glasses--"I'm going to help you," he says.  Who are you? asks Petofi. Put these on, says Aristede, handing him the glasses. Petofi does so and recognizes Aristede. At your service, the other man says.  What am I doing here? asks Petofi--how did I get here? You've been here all along, says Aristede. "Is this one of his rotten tricks?" demands Petofi, grabbing for Aristede's lapels--I'll make him tell me!  Then Petofi notices his hideous hand. (Someone sneezes loudly in the background.) He holds it up, asking hysterically, give me a mirror!  Aristede laughs at him--there's no mirror here! "Aristede, for God's sake, tell me what he's done to me!" cries Petofi.  The other man just laughs. Someone else is laughing--Quentin, standing in the doorway. "My boy," he says, "we must get you a mirror." His eyes are filled with mirth. He holds up a mirror in front of Petofi. "Oh, NO!" he moans. Yes, says Quentin--yes, you know, there is an essential difference between us--your mind is having great difficulty adapting to your new body, while mine is making the transition with incredible ease--how exhilarating is it to be young and handsome and so full of energy again.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 03, 2023, 04:28:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #41 (1966) - Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, I had a perfectly valid reason for being home-- I prevented your daughter from meeting Burke Devlin.'

Roger is on the phone still, hand impatiently perched on his hip. He drops it back in the cradle, dials, then cuts off the call with a guilty expression on his face when Liz comes in. He claims he was trying to get the office on the phone, and she asks if that isn't where he should be. He faces her and says he had a valid reason for being home--he prevented Carolyn from meeting Burke. Why would Carolyn want to meet Burke? Liz asks. He claims that question is open to the wildest of speculation and she orders him not to be silly. She asks how he prevented the meeting, and he explains how Carolyn deliberately left her ring at the restaurant, where Burke found it. Carolyn had every intention of going back to get it from him. Liz pooh poohs this idea, but Roger, grinning, asks smoothly, "When you were a girl, didn't you ever accidentally on purpose leave something behind as an excuse for returning?" Liz imperiously asks her brother if he thinks Carolyn is really interested in this man, and Roger kindly responds that it's her daughter, her problem--he has his own with his son.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is not only the second quote from this ep but it's also the second quote from this scene. The first (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, I spent it. But I had fun with my money, Liz. I enjoyed it. Can you say the same?') was back on February 13th.

And apparently "must" isn't the only favorite of Roger's, he's also fond of using it in the phrase, "Well, if you MUST know,"  [santa_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 04, 2023, 02:34:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #140 (1967) - Vicki - 'This is the second time you've run away from your mother. You MUSTN'T do that.'

From "#0140/0141: Robservations 08/27/01: Phoenix, Laurizona"
Why did you do that? she asks. I don't know, he says resentfully. It was a terrible thing to do, she says, stroking his hair--you almost went over. I was so scared! He says. What were you scared of? she asks--nothing to be frightened of. Yes there is, he insists--it's--he looks at Laura, who's back is turned--I don't know, there was something about her eyes. This is the second time you've run away from your mother, says Vicki--you mustn't do that--she's come such a long way just to see you, and now she thinks you don't want her. I don't know, he moans. Look at her, says Vicki, turning him toward his mother--she's crying because she loves you and you won't even let her touch you. Do you really think so? he asks. I know it, she says gently--the one thing that's very important in her life is you--you told me a lot of times you wanted your mother to come back--now she's here and you act as if you don't want to see her There's just something I can't explain! he says, agitated.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 05, 2023, 04:54:53 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #234 (1967) - Barnabas - 'I believe you, but I'm afraid you MUST do something about your friend Jason McGuire. You MUST tell him not to come around here anymore, and you MUST ask him to stop his stupid questions.'

From "#0233/0234: Robservations 11/5/01: GONE!"
Barnabas strongly urges Willie to get Jason McGuire and his questions off his back, but gives poor Willie no idea how to go about it--just get it done! He tells Willie Jason is all his problem and that he wants to meditate--leave! Defeated, Willie goes.
[/spoiler]

Another Robservations with little detail, but at least it does reference the circumstances of the quote...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 06, 2023, 04:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednsday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #381 (1795) - Angelique - 'Oh I could have him that way, yes, but he would not be truly mine. He MUST turn to me of his own free will.'

From "#0380/0381: Robservations 03/04/02: Wedding Interruptus"
Angelique lies on her bed and Ben comes in without knocking, pissing her off. He calls her M'lady, sarcastically. He congratulates her for having them all dancing like puppets, and she tells him she always gets what he wants. Then he tells her that, in the meanness department, Joshua is a saint compared to her! She is angry that a convict dares to speak thusly to her and calls him stupid. He tries to strangle her for that, but of course can't follow through. She suggests he stick around and watch the fireworks. She wants Barnabas to know about Josette and Jeremiah before they return as a married couple, and she's going to hasten that. He'll feel humiliated and turn to her--without having to use a spell. She doesn't want to get Barnabas that way;
she wants him to be truly hers, of his own free will--and it's going to happen!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST GO downstairs first. We wouldn't want them to think that we've been up here together, would we?') was back on January 15 of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 08, 2023, 01:40:52 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #482 (1968) - Dr. Lang - 'Yes, I MUST.'

From "#0481/0482: Robservations 05/14/02: Cassandra Thwarts the Good Guys"
Lang will go without sleep until the project is finished, and tells Barnabas he is as important to the experiment as he is--Barn will give his creation life.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the circumstances under which the quote is delivered...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Lang - 'Then you MUST make her release him if you're going to be free') was back on March 16 of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 11, 2023, 01:26:12 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #641 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'MUST is a word I do not recognize. I can or I cannot. I wish to or I don't wish to.'

From "Robservations 9/11/2 - #641/642 - Insane Love/Who is Magda?"
Why did you send for me? asks Stokes--I'm not a wizard who transports people through time. I know that, she says. Is he here, listening to them? If so, he'll give her a sign, says Stokes, a sign to forget this insanity. Is loving insane? she asks. It has been known to be (make a list of DS characters whose love was insane.)
I won't accept that, Vicki insists--you have my husband something that last night, that made him know he'd lived before and enabled him to be called back. Stokes admits to giving him three Indian herbs. Vicki wants them, too, but Stokes refuses--I can or cannot, wish to, or not, but not must. She asks him not to wordplay.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote in a roundabout way...

And after I saw this quote I agreed with Midnite that it's an awesome quote and told her she'd picked one that's perfect for the slideshow. Though there is one thing that really interesting about it: Stokes has absolutely no trouble telling people what he thinks they must do!  [snow_wink] [snow_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 12, 2023, 12:20:00 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #722 (1897) - Carl - 'Well I'll admit they're private matters, maybe they shouldn't be discussed with others, but still they MUST be said.'

From "Robservations 11/12/02 - #722-723 - Quentin on the Rise"
it wasn't easy telling the police what happened--this house is a private place. Murder is a very public thing, counters Carl. That's why I agreed to cooperate with the police, says Judith--I did what had to be done, as I always do. Carl giggles derisively. Well, I convinced the police, says Judith--had them in and out so fast, didn't let them search the grounds--I had Dirk do it. Dirk searched and found no one, says Carl. The murderer is down by the docks, says Judith, I'm sure a transient sailor struck up a discussion with Quentin in a card game and found a way to make a fortune for himself. It was done with Quentin's own knife, Carl reminds her. We made no attempt to hide that, says Judith. It could have been almost anybody Carl starts to say, but Judith gives him a look and he falls back on the transient sailor theory she suggested. It could have been someone else who is still here, insists Carl--I understand your need for privacy, but I'm your brother, and Quentin's, and I know Quentin wasn't killed by a stranger. Judith says the murderer knew him. His family, friends and his women had reason to hate him most, insists Carl. He smiles, laughs evilly--I have some ideas about that, but they must be said. Let Quentin rest, demands Judith.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references a part of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Rachel - 'I know how close you were to him, but you MUST be brave now and help Nora. It won't be as bad if you stay together') was back on November 18 of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 13, 2023, 05:20:13 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #898 (1969) - Philip - 'You've got to bring it back. We MUST have it.'

From "Robservations 4/17/03 - #897-898 - Terror For Megan; David, Book-Keeper"
The baby is sick, says David, I've come to make it better--such a beautiful baby... Give me the baby, asks Megan.  David hands the baby to her, then gives her a pouch--after you give it to him, the fever will go down, he promises--it's a kind of medicine, just what he needs--I know. Philip begins, "What you just saw..." You don't have to explain it to me, says David, I understand exactly what was happening. You stole the book, didn't you? accuses Philip.  Yes, says David.  Give it back, orders Philip.  It isn't possible, says David--I am the keeper of the book and protector of the baby
--we all have our duties; you've found yours and now I have found mine. How do I know I'm not being lied to? asks Philip.  You aren't, says Megan--I know he's speaking the truth.
[/spoiler]

Again, the Robservations references only a part of the quote...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Mr. Prescott/Paul - 'But you MUST promise not to give it to anyone but Carolyn') was back on December 9th of 2020, and the second (Paul - 'You MUST find out who's after you, you MUST know!') was back on April 7th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 14, 2023, 09:02:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #990 (1970PT) - Sabrina - 'Why am I the only one who knows we MUST do this?'

From "#0990/0991: Robservations 06/20/03: Seance Redux; Cyrus Investigates Yaeger"
Drawing room - Sabrina is arranging the participants, telling them where to sit. The others will come, she says--Mrs. Stoddard, sit down...why am I the only one who knows we must do this? I feel we must do it, agrees Liz, not just for Sabrina, but just because I feel we should. I refuse to participate, says Roger. Are you that frightened? asks Liz. Indignant, he walks over to get another chair, brings it over, and arranges it at the table.
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sabrina - 'You MUST sit. All our hands MUST touch') was back on December 9th of 2021. (And that quote is hardly the only time it's mentioned that hands/fingers have to touch - I swear it seems like it comes up at least a dozen times over the course of the ep! [snow_wink] [snow_cheesy])

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 17, 2023, 12:32:16 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1068 (1995) - Barnabas - 'Carolyn, I can't tell you how much this means to me. I know how difficult this MUST have been for you...'

From "#1068/1069: Robservations 08/18/03: More Death"
As Barnabas and Julia enter Collinwood, she reminds him, only terrible things have happened every time we've come there. We've been trying to get Carolyn to talk, he reminds her--now that she's willing, you're against it. I'm not against it, she says, I just think it's a trap-Barnabas, please, please forgive me, but I'm too frightened to go in there now. Wait here, he says gently. Barnabas finds Carolyn sitting at the desk in the drawing room, writing another note. He says, "Carolyn, I can't tell you how much this means to me-I know how difficult this must have been for you. . ." He sees how still she is and touches her shoulder. "Carolyn?" he says. She topples from the chair and falls to the floor, dead. CAROLYN! screams Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Gone. Yes, they're all gone. Everyone is gone. She MUSTN'T come back here. She MUST never come back to this place. They're all gone') was back on March 10th of 2021, and the second (Quentin - 'No one MUST know--no one') was back on December 24th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 17, 2023, 04:40:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1118 (1840) - Barnabas - 'You MUST be Daniel Collins.'

From "#1117/1118: Robservations 09/23/03: Ben Attacked--By What?"
Ben comes downstairs and into the drawing room, arm in arm with Daniel.  You must be Daniel Collins, says Barnabas, smiling.  Amazing! says Daniel--(Ben looks nervous--absolutely amazing--I've been waiting so long for you to come back
--you look exactly as you did when I was just a boy.  Barnabas looks worried, Desmond fascinated.  Is the cat about to be released from the bag?
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Daniel - 'But the book MUST still be there') was back on June 8th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 17, 2023, 10:52:52 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1196 (1841PT) - Justin - 'Close the door. We MUST talk. You are the only one I will talk with. Close the door.'

From "#1195/1196: Robservations 12/05/03: Angelique, Powerless?; Executioner's Ax"
Well then, if Morgan wants it, Bramwell will be invited to the wedding--it's as simple as that, says Catherine.
Is it? asks Melanie, showing her father Morgan's wedding invitation.  The old man grows agitated and clutches his chest.  Melanie embraces him--Papa!--Catherine, go get my father's medicine--you'll be all right, says Melanie, please, Papa, don't leave me!--don't leave us now!  She must not marry him! Justin struggles to say, his head tipped back--no strangers in the house!  You're upsetting yourself, protests Melanie.  The room, the room! he cries.  Don't speak of it! she orders, don't!  No, I must now! he says.  Papa, she assures him, we will not have that lottery again--you will live, Papa.  The door closed, he rants, the door. . .we must talk--you are the only one I will talk with--close the door.  She does so, blocking the scene off from Barnabas
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Melanie - 'Don't say that, Papa. Don't. You'll...you'll upset yourself, and you MUSTN'T') was back on July 12th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 20, 2023, 12:58:23 AM »

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #42 (1966) - Liz - 'Oh. You MUST mean Burke Devlin.'

This is the first time I've ever been in this room, remarks Sam--it's beautiful. It's dark and gloomy and you know it, says Liz--please get to the point. To me, says Sam, any room that has paintings on the walls is a beautiful room--they're all ancestral portraits, aren't they? Yes, says Liz. Do you know that your husband once consulted me about doing his portrait? asks Sam. Paul? asks Liz. Yes, I remember distinctly, says Sam, it was the same size as that one over the mantelpiece--I believe I have some prelimnary sketches, if I could find them, perhaps you'd be interested in seeing them. No, I don't want to see them, says Liz, turning away. Strangely enough, someone else asked me to do a portrait with the same specifications, says Sam--well, that is, he mentioned the size he wanted--identical to that one up there (he indicates Jeremiah). You don't often find subjects in a small place like Collinsport, remarks Liz, not customers who can afford to pay the price--is it a local person? You might know him, says Sam, he used to be a friend of your brother's. You must mean Burke Devlin, says Liz with distaste--did you agree to do the portrait? Burke is a very persuasive fellow, says Sam, besides, he has an interesting face. Have you had a chance to talk to him at any great length? Asks Liz. Not yet, says Sam, but if I do the portrait, of course, it will mean several days of sittings.
[/spoiler]

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (James Blair - 'You MUST have noticed that the only property that has a mortgage is the big house itself, Collinwood') was back on April 26th of 2021 (and is a line that I really believe was delivered incorrectly), the second (Carolyn - 'Well then, your honor, I MUST state that the prisoner did none of those things. I alone am to blame. I confess and throw myself on the mercy of the court') was back on July 13th of 2021, the third (Carolyn - 'It MUST have cost a lot') was back on August 4th, and the fourth (Carolyn - 'Oh, but I thought you said that money was your first love, and Mr. Blair MUST represent money') was back on December 30th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #727, #993, #1057 & #1111.