Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118521 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1140 on: April 02, 2022, 03:26:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1174_1175 (1840) - Desmond - 'They MUST think you know something that can hurt Quentin's case.'

From "#1173/1174_1175: Robservations 11/19/03: Desmond in Deep Trouble"
Rose Cottage - Desmond sits at a desk, writing.  Leticia runs in--I just answered the door, she says--a constable handed me this--she gives it to him.  It's a subpoena, he says, you're to be called today as a witness.  For the prosecution, she says--why did they call me?  They must think you know something that can hurt Quentin's case, says Desmond nervously--what could it be?--oh, no, it couldn't be, they have no way of knowing...  About what, luv? she asks.  Judah Zachary, he says.  I would never tell them about that, she says--eight policemen couldn't force me to do it, I swear
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly again - how long that lasts remains to be seen...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 03, 2022, 09:36:23 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #997 (1970PT) - Yaeger - 'The antidote, I MUST have it...the police will track me here--I MUST be Cyrus Longworth again!'

From "#0996/0997: Robservations 06/25/03: Yaeger & Buffy"
At the lab, Sabrina removes her lab coat and heads upstairs. The back door opens.  Yaeger, whistling very close by, leaps inside--the antidote, I must have it. . .the police will track me here--I must be Cyrus Longworth again! He reaches into the safe and is about to drink the potion when Quentin enters the lab. Yaeger? he calls. Ah, Mr. Collins, Yaeger replies in a friendly voice. So you're Yaeger, says Quentin. At your service, sir, says Yaeger grandly.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly again - three times in a row...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Yaeger - 'That's an invaluable thing to know-- something you MUST learn unless... unless you want to live the rest of your life like this') was back on September 9th of 2020, and the second (Sabrina - 'That Yaeger MUST have him someplace!') was back on October 27th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 04, 2022, 05:02:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #899 (1969) - Liz - 'You MUSTN'T! I forbid it!'

From "Robservations 4/18/03 - #899-900 - Paul's Most Precious Possession"
Carolyn comes out of the kitchen and starts in when Liz returns home--were you brilliant, Mother, cold as only you can be, did you listen to him at all, Mother?   I listened, Liz insists.  Why didn't you bring him back here? demands Carolyn--that was what he wanted!  You don't know your father, says Liz, I do. I KNOW him, says Carolyn, you KNEW him, that's the difference. You're being very difficult, says Liz--I was always grateful you never had to see your father while you were growing up. Well I wasn't! cries Carolyn. He was a very complex man, says Liz, not to be trusted. I do trust him, insists Carolyn. I order you not to see him again, says Liz.  Carolyn won't hear of it.
You must not, says Liz says--I forbid it. "He is my father," says Carolyn, as if that explains all.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote so close to perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Liz - 'You MUST give love to get it') was back on September 8th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 05, 2022, 07:18:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #784 (1897) - Gregory - 'We MUST do something about this room. It has a certain frivolous air.'

From "Robservations 1/28/03 - #784-785  - A Sudden Marriage; Magda Takes a Desperate Chance"
Judith, in the foyer, admires the big, fat wedding ring on her finger.  I can't believe it, she says.  You will, promises Trask.  It's wrong to feel the way I do, says Judith.  You will become accustomed to happiness, Trask assures her.  He looks around the drawing room.  We must do something about the room, he says, get rid of its frivolous air--you don't want anyone to think us frivolous.  No, she says, but many of them are keepsakes from the family.  We won't make changes quickly, he says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit of the quote but references it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Gregory - 'But at least now, Judith, at least now you know the real reason I MUST LEAVE Collinsport') was back on January 29th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 06, 2022, 06:40:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #671 (1969) - Chris - 'I guess I fell asleep. I MUST NOT of heard the phone.'

From "Robservations 10/1/02 - #670/671 - Carolyn, Liz & the Werewolf"
Chris, in severe pain from the oncoming transformation, tries to leave the cottage, but Maggie arrives at the cottage, preventing his departure. He hugs the wall, asking who it is. It's about Amy, says Maggie. Chris is trapped!

Maggie begs Chris to open the door, which he finally does. He tells her he's fine. We've been trying to phone you, she says. I must not have heard the phone, says Chris nervously.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the entire quote, but what it does is referenced close to what is said...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 07, 2022, 06:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #556 (1968) - Vicki - 'Why am I here? You MUST tell me.'

From "Robservations 7/11/02 - #556/557 - Adam's Ultimatum"
Vicki lies on the bed, sobbing. The door opens and Angelique, dressed in 18th century garb, enters the room. "So we meet again," says Ang. You aren't real, assets Vicki. Ang assures her she is quite real. It isn't possible, you're dead, protests Vicki. Ang giggles--she isn't a ghost, and asks Vicki to touch her and prove she's made of flesh and blood. She takes Vicki's hand, proving her ghost is flesh and blood. You are real, says Vicki, but you died in 1795--is it possible?--have I gone back in time again and am living in 1795. It's possible, says Ang, and might be true. Ang can't tell Vicki why she's there or who is keeping her.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. But Vicki asks the quote before Angelique says she can't tell Vicki why...

(I'm not quite sure why, but back in the day I remember being thrilled when Afternoon TV had an article with a photo from this scene. But then, back then we couldn't have dreamed of owning the show on videotape and then DVD, so any photo was a way to commemorate and remember what a scene looked like. So, maybe that's my answer...)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 08, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #449 (1796) - Millicent - 'It MUST have been a reflection of the moonlight.'

From "#0449/0450: Robservations 04/19/02: Joshua Tries to Make it Right"
Millicent complains her headache is worse. She sees the light in the tower, and she asks if he sees it. He says no, and he will spend the rest of his life trying to understand her mind. Who lives up there? Nathan asks her. She should go up there and find out, he says slyly--face the reality. She couldn't, she says. There is no light in the tower, he insists, and she must check it out for her own good. She'd be afraid, but he says she must conquer her fear-for their lives. He refuses to go with her. She refuses to go. He says she made him so many promises, how can she be afraid to walk upstairs to a place she lives in? Even though she still sees the light, Millicent claims she doesn't see it anymore. He accuses her of telling him her first lie--she still sees the light, admit it!
Yes, she cries, she does see it, but she doesn't want to find out what's there.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. But Millicent delivers it after she claims she doesn't see the light, that it has gone...

However, the other uses of "must" in the excerpt do indeed take place in the scene, so chances are they'll show up in the slideshow at some point...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Nathan - 'You MUST. You will. Tonight') was back on September 4th of 2020, the second (Countess du Pres - 'Then...then I MUST accept') was back on April 12th, the third (Countess du Pres - 'But her painting was hanging here the night he died. I was in this room. I saw his body carried from the house. You MUST be mistaken') was back on May 14th, and the fourth (Countess du Pres - 'You MUST promise me that the house will be clear') was back on October 22nd.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Ep #211 - and as I mentioned above, it will probably go beyond five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 09, 2022, 06:28:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #340 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You're going to do it because you MUST.'

From "#0339/0340: Robservations 02/01/02: Woodard Knows Everything"
Collinwood, Julia's room - Barnabas tells Julia Woodard must die--and SHE must help him do it! When she steadfastly refuses to kill her friend (or former friend, as Barnabas so cruelly points out), the vampire promises Woodard an agonizing slow death at his own hands. Which way does Julia want it?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote directly. And Barnabas doesn't say Woodard "must die," he says Woodard "has to die." However, after a bit of back and forth over how Julia won't help him, Barnabas delivers the quote insistently, and in that way the Robservations saying "SHE must help him do it" is it referencing the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'He MUST be eliminated immediately! ... Unless it's already too late') was back on December 3rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 10, 2022, 04:56:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #129 (1966) - Maggie - 'This MUST be what you started. Doesn't look like your style, though-- I've never seen you paint like this before.'

From "#0129/0130: Robservations 08/20/01: FIRE!"
Hey, what's this? she asks--I've never seen this before-is this the painting you started last night? This brings Sam to full, open-eyed consciousness. He asks if he was painting last night. Don't you remember? asks Maggie. No, he says. You were determined to paint last night, she says, I couldn't talk you out of it--this must be what you started--doesn't look like your style, though, I've never seen you paint like this before. Sam looks perturbed. Let's see it, he says, and stands beside her. Now do you remember it? asks Maggie. No, says Sam. It looks like a woman standing in fire, remarks Maggie. I don't like it, says Sam, turning away from the painting. There's something about this painting that gives me the creeps, says Maggie--such wild colors, and what a subject for a painting--a woman in flames--Pop, I can't imagine what was going on in your head. Sam rubs his throat and asks for the coffee. OK, she says, and goes to get some. Sam looks at the painting, removing it from the easel.
We see it for the first time--what appears to be an abstract of a woman, arms upraised, burning in fire!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sam - 'Well, surely she MUST have said something one way or another?') was back on October 6th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2022, 03:22:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #114 (1966) - Roger - 'As long as you continue to see him, I MUST regard you as our enemy also.'

From "#0113/0114: Robservations 08/08/01: Befriending a Murderer"
He folds up the paper and goes to answer the phone. It's Burke, asking for Vicki. It's for you, says Roger, scowling. Vicki takes the phone. Hello, she says. Burke asks her to come to his hotel room this morning. I'm not sure, she says. It's very important, he tells her, vitally important. In that case, all right, she says. I'll be waiting for you, he says. Goodbye, she says, and hangs up. What did Devlin want? asks Roger--do you think I didn't recognize his voice?--what are you conspiring about now? We're not conspiring about anything, says Vicki. What did he want? asks Roger. I think he just wanted to see me, she says--I imagine he heard what happened with Matthew and me. He can get a full account of that in the local paper, says Roger--he must want something else from you--what? I don't know what he wants, he didn't say, she says. I suppose I can't stop you from seeing him, says Roger, but I'll tell you this much, Vicki--this man is trying to destroy this family--he is our enemy
--and as long as you continue to see him, I must regard you as our enemy also. (Ouch!)
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'He MUST be crouched in some hovel now, a hundred miles from here') was back on December 28th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 12, 2022, 06:20:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #915 (1969) - Adlar - 'You are just an outsider. You MUST constantly prove yourself...because you will never be above suspicion.'

From "Robservations 4/29/03 - 913/914/915 - Warning for Barnabas: A Taste of Vampirism"
the boy is cruel! He is a true Leviathan, says Oberon, he carries in his mind and heart what we believe--you are just an outsider who must constantly prove yourself, because you will never be above suspicion. What are you saying? asks Barnabas. "Will you deal with Julia Hoffman?" demands Oberon. "No," says Barnabas firmly. I ask you to reconsider, says Oberon. "I will not--nothing will make me change my mind!" says Barnabas. Suppose we find out, says Oberon, laughing cruelly. Barnabas' forehead wrinkles in confusion and dismay.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this bears repeating:
it needs to be pointed out that the Leviathan who comes to Barnabas in this ep is not Oberon but one named Adlar. That is why Barnabas asks him who he is after he sees him. Barnabas has already interacted with Oberon in the flesh and in dreams and would have recognized him. However, in Robin's defense, nowhere in the ep does Adlar identify himself, plus the credits for the ep were too short to list him. We only know what the Leviathan's name is because it's listed in the DS Program Guide and as part of lists of characters/actors in various PomPress books...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Adlar - 'Enemies MUST be dealt with, that is the law') was back on April 28th, and the second (Megan - 'Oh, but I MUST, please, Barnabas, you're the only one I can talk to') was back on November 8th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: April 13, 2022, 04:56:23 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #779 (1897) - Quentin - 'You MUST speak softly, Magda. These walls have ears, and what you have to say MUST be heard by no one else.'

From "Robservations 1/23/03 - #778-779 - One Hand Clapping"
Collinwood - Quentin, drinking, listens to his music in the drawing room.  Magda enters.  Ah, the gypsy back from her mission of mercy, he says--come in and shut the doors.  She does so.  You must speak softly, he warns, these walls have ears, and what you have to say must be heard by no one else.  He turns off the music.  What do you have for me? he asks.  Magda doesn't reply.  Cruel to the end, accuses Quentin
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly, simply leaving out Quentin addressing Magda by name...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Carl - 'There's a coffin in there, I swear it--you MUST believe me') was back on May 17th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 14, 2022, 05:48:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #475 (1968) - Dr. Lang - 'Oh, yes, I suppose I MUST.'

From "#0475/0476: Robservations 05/09/02: Give Me Jeff Clark's Face!"
Barnabas tells Lang his visitor was Angelique--she turned Ben mute and tried to give him a similar attack. Lang agrees he must accept this
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote fairly well. However, before Dr. Lang delivers the quote and after Barnabas explains about Ben and says surely Lang believes him now, Lang replies that he doesn't want to believe him. It's only after Barnabas says Lang must that Lang delivers the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Lang - 'No! No! No one else MUST know!') was back on October 16th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 17, 2022, 12:44:27 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #203 (1967) - Liz - 'I MUST talk to you right now.'

From "#0202/0203: Robservations 10/12/01: Another Boarder at Collinwood"
Jason tells Willie that he'll take him up to his room now, before anyone else sees him. Yeah, you can tuck me in, too, remarks Willie, grinning, holding his seabag, laughing. Jason opens the doors and finds Liz standing there--she wants to speak to him. Jason introduces Liz to Willie, but she ignores the latter and angrily tells Jason she must speak to him right now. She enters the room and Jason sends Willie to the study down the hall--he'll meet him there later.
[/spoiler]

Other than using "speak" rather than "talk," the Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Jason - 'He didn't actually do anything? Well now he MUST have done something to upset Mrs. Stoddard') was back on July 3rd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 18, 2022, 12:02:09 AM »

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #20 (1966) - Burke - 'Then someone MUST have put it there!'

From "#0019/0020: Robservations 05/31/01: Tension Escalates Everywhere"
"All right, Roger," Burke says, "I've had enough of this." "Why?" asks Roger superciliously, "did you remember something?" Again he asks Vicki the last time she saw Burke, and she says in his garage. Burke, exasperated, says again he was looking over Roger's car, deciding if he should buy one like it. LOOKING at it, not tampering with it. Roger says the valve could have been removed with a pair of pliers--or a wrench. Roger asks Vicki if Burke had any tools in his hand. He did, right, a wrench? Yes, Vicki says. Burke again denies accusations of tampering--he found the wrench on the front sear of the Mustang, and he asks Vicki if he didn't tell her that. Vicki agrees. He was merely looking over the upholstery and dashboard; when Vicki came along and he threw it on the workbench. Roger protests that he drove the car earlier--there was no wrench on the front seat! "Then someone must have put it there!" barks Burke. He again asks Vicki if she saw him fool with the brakes, and she shakes her head and says no. She also agrees that she didn't see him do anything with the wrench beside hold it and toss it aside. "Of course she didn't," Roger says, "by the time she arrived, you were already through!" Burke: "Miss Winters, get him out of here!"
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sam - 'You MUST be joking, it's after midnight!') was back on December 17th of 2020.