Author Topic: #1018/1019: Robservations 07/14/03: Framing Maggie; Another Victim Needed  (Read 1545 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
1018 - Fangs at the ready, Barnabas is about to bite Maggie when he hears someone opening her door. By the time Hoffman enters the room, Barnabas has morphed into bat form and flies away. Hoffman looks at Maggie, then walks away. Maggie awakens, turns on the light, and  demands, what are you doing here?  I'm sorry, says Hoffman, I didn't mean to upset you. Hugging the covers to her breasts, Maggie says, you HAVE upset me, and haven't answered my questions. I knew you'd retired for the night, says Hoffman, yet when I passed by you door a few moments ago, I heard someone moving around--perhaps a prowler.  Maggie looks nervous, then says, as you can see, there's no one here.  Hoffman looks around--I distinctly heard a sound, she insists--before. If someone had been here, I'd have heard them, too, don't you think? Asks Maggie. That depends on how soundly you sleep, says Hoffman. I heard YOU, says Maggie coldly. Yes, you did, the other woman agrees--I'm sorry if this intrusion has upset you--I'm only concerned for your safety. My safety? questions Maggie skeptically. You don't believe that? asks Hoffman. I can't think of any reason not to believe it, says Maggie evasively. Unfortunate that Mr. Collins had to go to the hospital and leave you alone, remarks Hoffman. My husband doesn't plan to be in the hospital more than one night, retorts Maggie--do you think it's possible I won't be safe here while he's gone?  Perhaps it's just that everyone in the house has been on edge recently, including me, says Hoffman. Why? Maggie asks. So many frightening things have happened, says the housekeeper, things we haven't understood.
What are you trying to tell me? asks Maggie. Nothing, Mrs. Collins, says Hoffman, except I came here out of concern for you, that's all. I appreciate your concern, says Maggie, smirking a bit--I can assure you I'll come to no harm--good night, Hoffman. And, equally icily, Hoffman bids her good night and leaves the room. Maggie climbs out of bed and opens her suitcase. She takes something out and begins to untie her nightgown.

We see blurry roses coming to clarity, pretty yellow and pink, sitting on the foyer table. Hoffman, on the phone, tells someone, I'm sure she felt that I was in the room for some other reason--yes, I think she was frightened, just as we planned--are you going to stay in town?--yes, I think so, too--don't worry, I'll take care of everything here. She hangs up. (deliciously creepy woman!)

Hospital - Quentin gets dressed. He looks in the mirror and adjusts his hideous mustard-colored shirt. Cyrus enters.  Quentin asks, "What's the bad news?" Cyrus, chart in hand, notes, the tests proved most fascinating. You mean I have to go through more? asks Quentin.  No, we've completed them, responds Cyrus. Don't tell me I have some hitherto undiscovered tropical disease, says Quentin. If you had, says Cyrus, perhaps I'd have known what to do. What are you talking about? asks Q. There's nothing wrong with you, says Cyrus.  This shocks Quentin, who asks, WHAT?--you must have made a mistake. No mistake, says Cyrus, you're in perfect physical condition. You saw me last night, Quentin reminds him--in extreme pain, barely able to breathe. I'm aware of that, says Cyrus, but these tests don't lie--you're in sound health. Did the report say anything about mys mental condition? asks Quentin. Mentally, you're fine--as well balanced as anyone I know, says Cyrus (that's not good!)  A man doesn't have an attack for no reason, says Quentin--there must be either a mental or physical cause. There's a third possibility, suggests Cyrus--the symptoms appeared so suddenly, without any reasons whatsoever, or warning, that this must have been caused by something supernatural.  Quentin stares at him.

I've heard some surprising explanations, says Quentin, but that beats them all. After all the strange things that have been happening at Collinwood, points out Cyrus, that surprises you? What do you mean by supernatural? asks Quentin. Hard to be specific, says Cyrus. You've got to be, Q insists--a ghost?--some unseen force, what? No, it wasn't the work of a form or spirit, opines Cyrus, these symptoms look like the practice of black magic--witchcraft. Witchcraft? queries Quentin. You believe in ghosts, why not witches? Cyrus asks. All right, says Quentin, you just tell me how this attack occurred. Any number of methods used to practice black magic, explains Cyrus
--a crude doll figure made up to look like the victim, perhaps the most common...pins can be stuck in the doll, and the victim feels intense pain--I once saw a man die like that in an African village--they use other things--potions, casting of spells...  What you're telling me, says Quentin, is that my attack wasn't caused by a supernatural being, but by a real person. A real person using supernatural methods, amends Cyrus. I find it all hard to believe, says Quentin--who could it be? I have no idea, says Cyrus. Do you think it could be someone close to me? asks Quentin, who lives at Collinwood, perhaps? It could be anyone, says Cyrus, no use in speculating who it is, you should get some rest. Do I have to stay here tonight? asks Quentin. No, says Cyrus, you should just get dressed and go right on home. Quentin fastens his top button.

Collinwood - Maggie comes downstairs, about to leave the house; when she opens the door, Barnabas stands there.  Maggie lets out a little shriek. Barnabas apologizes for startling her. That's all right, she says. Are you leaving the house at this hour? he asks. I was going to the hospital, she says, and see my husband.  Has something happened to him? asks Barnabas. No, she assures him, I just wanted to be with him. You're frightened about something, aren't you? he asks gently. Maggie hesitates--excuse me, she says. The phone rings, but she doesn't want to answer it. It may be for you, says Barnabas. She answers.  It's Quentin--Cyrus has given me a completely clean bill of health, he says--I'm coming home now. Hurry, she begs.  Is something wrong? he asks. I'll talk to you when you get back, she promises. Barnabas approaches Maggie--I take it Quentin's coming home, he says--what was the doctor's verdict? He's going to be all right, she says. Then you should look happier than you do, he suggest--something is troubling you. Really, she says, nothing for you to be concerned about. I am concerned, he says, because Quentin's my friend and you're his wife--it would make me sad if you were unhappy. You're very kind, she says. If you'd rather not discuss what's troubling you, I'll understand, says Barn, but I do have the feeling you'd rather not be alone until Quentin returns--may I keep you company?  I'd appreciate that very much, she says.  They head into the drawing room  Barnabas closes the doors. Hoffman, who has apparently eavesdropped on their entire conversation, exits the kitchen, listens at the drawing room doors a moment, then goes upstairs.

Drawing room, Maggie looks out the window and remarks to Barnabas, you must be able to read minds--you knew exactly what I was thinking--you were right--I didn't want to wait for my  husband alone. His face very close to hers, Barnabas says, if I hadn't been here, someone else in the house could have kept you company. I don't think I would have felt as comfortable with them, she says. I find that hard to believe, says Barnabas--after all, you've known me such a short time. Actually, she says, smiling, I've spent little more time in this house than you have, and strangely enough, I feel I know you better than anyone else--except Quentin, of course. Why is that? he asks. When I first came to this house, I couldn't seem to adjust, she confesses, I felt unwelcome--I felt that everybody here still felt terribly loyal and dedicated to the first Mrs. Collins. Angelique? he asks. Yes, it seems that everyone was constantly reminding me of how much Quentin loved her, says Maggie--I felt unwanted. Did Quentin really love Josette? asks Barnabas.  KLS covers his error by saying, "Josette?--no, I think he loved Angelique
--she was very beautiful."  And so are you, if I may say so, says Barnabas. I think that if everyone else had been as kind to me when I first arrived as you are tonight, I never would have left, she admits.  Barnabas stares at her intently.

5:30 AM - Quentin returns home and enters the drawing room. Maggie runs into his arms.   Barnabas, watching them embrace, looks embarrassed.  It's so good to have you home! Cries Maggie.  You sounded troubled on the phone. He says. Fortunately, says Maggie, Mr. Collins was kind enough to wait with me. Barnabas slings his cape over his arm and says, you obviously want to be alone--Quentin, I'm glad you recovered.  Maggie leans against her husband. They both wish Barnabas good night; he leaves. Alone, Quentin asks Maggie, what's the problem? Your housekeeper, she answers hesitantly. Hoffman?--what's the problem? he asks. Gently, she says, I want you to get rid of her--ASAP. (You go, girl!)

You want me to dismiss Hoffman? asks Quentin. Yes, says Maggie. Why, what happened while I was at the hospital? he asks. I was asleep, explains Maggie, and awakened to find Hoffman in the room--I don't know what she was doing there. She must have had some explanation, he says. She SAID she heard someone in our room and was afraid it was a prowler, says Maggie.   That doesn't sound too implausible, says Quentin. I just don't believe it, Maggie says--I'm sure she was there for some other reason. What other reason? Quentin asks. I don't know, admits Maggie, I just know there's something very frightening about that woman, and she's tried to get me out of the house ever since I arrived. (She sounds defensive again.) You've got to stop letting Hoffman disturb you, insists Quentin, you've got to be firm with her.  I've tried that, says Maggie--it doesn't work. Quentin takes her hands--I don't know what to say, Maggie--I can't fire someone for walking into a room. But I'm sure she was there for some other reason, insists Maggie. Now listen, says Quentin, sounding like the husband of old, I know Hoffman is hard to get to know, but she's been a family fixture here for years. Hoffman herself enters--the door was open, she says,  and I couldn't help overhearing my name--did you want something?  No, says Quentin, that's all right. I was telling Quentin about finding you in our room earlier this evening, says Maggie-- frankly, I was saying I didn't believe the reason you gave for being there. Hoffman says, "I see, I'm sorry about that."  Do you have anything to say about the matter? asks Quentin.  Nothing I haven't said before, says Hoffman--I thought there was a prowler and was concerned for Mrs. Collins' safety. I still don't believe that, insists Maggie. Maggie...cautions Quentin.  His wife continues--I'm sorry, but I trust my instincts, and they tell me this woman would stop at nothing to get rid of me...  If I may say so, sir, says Hoffman, I realize that Mrs. Collins and I have not gotten on ideally; I thought it was more of a personality problem that time would take care of, but I must say that Mrs. Collins would like ME to leave the house. That's absurd, insists Maggie, the only thing I've truly resented about you is your stubborn loyalty to someone who's dead!  She stops, horrified at what she's said, then turns to Quentin. Hoffman smiles a bit--it's true, she admits, I've never made my devotion to Mrs. Collins a secret--it's very difficult to change one's feelings. I've never asked you to change your feelings, says Hoffman. Quentin intervenes--listen to me, he says--both of you are to drop this incident, right now--we'll go to bed, and tomorrow morning you'll both have a fresh start--do you both understand that? (Isn't it already pretty close to morning?) Whatever you say, Mr. Collins, agrees Hoffman. Quentin puts his arm around Maggie--I'll take you upstairs, he says. Over his shoulder, he orders Hoffman, turn off the lights.  She closes the double doors and grins evilly, looking very pleased with herself. She picks up the phone and dials.

In their room, Maggie tells Quentin, I don't know what it is about Hoffman that frightens me so much. Are you frightened with me? he asks softly.  She goes into his embrace--I feel so safe with you here, she murmurs. If you didn't feel safe, he jokes, then we're in a lot of bad trouble--why don't we get ready for bed? Both smiling with anticipation, they begin to undress. In Maggie's open suitcase, Quentin finds his handkerchief and Angelique's clay doll. He holds them up, recalling Cyrus' words--there are any number of weapons used to practice black magic--such as a crude doll figure, the most common--pins can be stuck in the doll, and the victim will feel intense pain--I once saw a man die that way. Quentin turns to look at Maggie, who is taking off her blouse (a flash of bare back).
"I once saw a man die that way," Cyrus says again in Quentin's mind.  Did my own wife cause my attack? he wonders.

NOTES: So this is the way Angelique plans to "destroy" Maggie--make Quentin think she's the one practicing witchcraft? Does he know her well enough to realize she wouldn't ever do that to him? Maggie not only has returned to face Hoffman, an old enemy, and Angelique, a new one, but Barnabas, a friendly enemy intent on feasting on her blood. She thinks he's such a nice guy, little does she know that Hoffman was right on this occasion, and there WAS a prowler in Maggie's room, a far more dangerous prowler than either of them realized (or was Hoffman just saying that so she could go into Maggie's room to leave behind the damaging evidence and it was just a coincidence she said she heard someone inside)? Interesting.

It seems that Quentin isn't yet ready to take his bride's side. If she wants to fire an employee who was overly loyal to the first mistress of Collinwood, I say he should go along with her choice. Instead, still treating her like a child, he orders the women to their neutral corners and tells them to make a fresh start in the morning. He still hasn't learned from past mistakes.

For a man of science, Cyrus sure knows a lot about witchcraft and the supernatural, doesn't he? Has he been reading such drivel while in John Yaeger mode, or was this Angelique's influence? One must wonder...

Now that Quentin is home, has Barnabas lost his chance to nibble her neck? We'll have to wait and see.

1019 - Quentin surveys the doll--his own poppet, used by Angelique, unbeknownst to him--that he found in Maggie's suitcase. Buttoning her robe, she turns and asks, aren't you getting ready for bed--is anything wrong?  Clutching the doll in his hands, he says, I don't know. What's that? she asks.  "Don't you know?" he asks.  It looks like a doll, she says. Yes, it is, he says. Where did you get it? she asks. Out of your suitcase, he replies. MY suitcase? She asks.  Yes, doesn't it belong to you? asks Quentin.  Darling, I've never seen it before, she assures him.  You didn't put it in your suitcase? He asks.
I just told you, she says--I've never seen it before--I don't know where it came from. Neither do I, he says. Why are you getting so upset about it? she asks.  I'm not upset, he says, just trying to figure out how something you've never seen before managed to get into her suitcase. Patiently, still calling him darling, she says, it wasn't in my suitcase when I left New York. Do you think someone here put it in? he asks. That seems to be what happened, she responds. When you woke last night and saw Hoffman in the room, where was she? Do you think she put it there? Maggie asks. I don't know, he says, I'm just wondering. I think you should have a talk with her, Maggie suggests. I intend to, he promises, but it can wait until tomorrow--whatever the explanation is, it can wait. He places the clay doll back in the suitcase next to the handkerchief.

Hoffman moves about the drawing room, turning off lights. Angelique enters--has everyone gone to bed? she asks. Hoffman, smiling, says, the Collinses went to the master bedroom half an hour ago. Did anything happen before they went? queries Ang. Hoffman gleefully steeples her fingers and says, "Exactly what you said would happen--you know the second Mrs. Collins very well, don't you?" Whenever a woman lacks imagination, she's quite predictable, responds Angelique (low blow!)--tell me what she did. She spoke to Mr. Collins about me, told him she thought I should be replaced, says Hoffman, said she felt I lied about why I went into her room. Good, gloats Ang, the more hysterical she becomes, the better for us. What do we do next, asks Hoffman, and when? You can't wait to get her out of this house, can you? says Angelique, grinning. Hoffman nastily says, Maggie is hopelessly out of place here and always will be.  It would be a mistake to rush, says Ang, we must be very patient. I hate having to take orders from her, says Hoffman through gritted teeth. We are engaged in a war of nerves, Ang reminds her, we must be cautious, move slowly, convince Maggie we are her friends. You may be able to do that, but I won't, insists Hoffman. You will try, Julia, Angelique orders. All right, whatever you say, agrees Hoffman. There's nothing to worry about, Angelique assures her--time is on our side, and by the time we're through with her, and by the time we're through with her mind, she won't think of Quentin as she does now. Does that mean she'll leave? asks Julia. Either leave--or he'll tell her to get out, predicts Ang--you wait and see. She leaves the drawing room. Hoffman finishes turning off the lights and heads upstairs.

Following day - 2:50 - Hoffman answers a knock at the door--Cyrus.  Quentin is expecting me, he says. Wait in the drawing room, she says, I'll tell Quentin you're here. Cyrus goes to stand in front of the fire. Quentin, wearing the horrid plaid jacket, tells Cyrus, I'm glad you came, then shows him the clay doll and asks, have you ever seen it before? Cyrus takes it in his hand-- where did you find it? he asks. I'll answer your question later, says Quentin, just tell me what it is.
Handmade, obviously a doll, says Cyrus, used in the practice of black magic. The two men survey each other solemnly.

Cyrus holds up the doll. Black magic? asks Quentin--are you absolutely sure? I've seen many of these dolls, says Cyrus, they're all more or less the same--very crudely made, quite effective when put to their proper use. Don't say a word of this to anyone, orders Quentin. Of course, says Cyrus, but where did you find this? Maggie's suitcase, last night, answers Quentin.  Cyrus,  shocked, says, I don't think she...  No, I don't think Maggie knows anything about black magic, says Quentin. Cyrus asks, is it possible someone wants you to think she does--this doll couldn't just materialize in her suitcase. I'm aware of that, says Quentin. Cyrus says, the question is, was the doll in the suitcase through some freakish coincidence, or did somebody deliberately put it there?--I warned you this attack of yours was caused by something supernatural. I know, says Q, annoyed, and I wouldn't believe you. How do you feel about it now? asks Cyrus. I don't know, says Quentin, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything that happens here anymore. I advise you to investigate this, says Cyrus--find out where the doll came from and how it got into Maggie's suitcase. I will, says Quentin, taking back the doll. Don't hesitate to call me if you need me, says Cyrus. Thank you very much, says Quentin.  I'd better get back to the lab says Cyrus. There's one thing that was bothering me, says Quentin--I saw a copy of your will when Larry Chase came by the other day--did you revise it? Yes, says Cyrus. Why? Quentin asks.  I wanted it changed, says Cyrus, that's all. Does your changing the will have anything to do with John Yaeger? Quentin asks. Cyrus looks evasive, then says, Yaeger is gone forever--I told him that I had no more use for him in my experiments and to go away and never come back.  And your changing the will has nothing to do with him? asks Quentin.  Let me put it this way, says Cyrus--I'm going to call Larry Chase and have him revise the will again--does that answer your question?  Relieved, smiling, Quentin says yes--and it also pleases me very much. He walks Cyrus to the door and sees him out.

Collinwood - Upstairs, Maggie unpacks, putting away her clothes.  Angelique knocks, comes in and says, now that the crisis is over, perhaps we should have a talk. About what? Maggie asks, About us, says Ang. I don't understand, says Maggie. You needn't put up any pretenses with me, says Angelique--I want you to feel free to express, truthfully, the way you feel. No pretense, I really do feel that way, says Maggie (what way)?  Ever since you went away, says Ang, I was feeling guilty--I was responsible for your leaving. Absurd, says Maggie. It isn't, says Angelique, however, I do feel if you'd been warned beforehand that I was coming... Listen to me, Alexis, says Maggie, I had a lot of time to think things over in NY, and realize now I have no one to blame but myself for my separation from Quentin--the first day I saw you, I allowed myself to become hysterical and behaved childishly--let's just leave it at that. If my presence here in this house is disturbing to you, says Ang, you should tell me--I'll be the first one to understand, and I'll gladly leave. I know you're Alexis and not Angelique, says Maggie, and for that mater, I felt I owed YOU an apology. I'm glad we had this talk, says Ang, because what I want is for the two of us to be good friends (the A/C is blowing their hair around a lot). I do, too, says Maggie, and you should feel welcome to stay at Collinwood as long as you wish. There's no way of knowing how long that might be, says Ang--I'd only planned to stay a week, at first, but now I feel I can't really leave until I learn who was responsible for my sister's murder.
This statement stuns Maggie, who says, I don't know what you're talking about. You haven't heard? the blond asks--Angelique was murdered!

Angelique murdered? repeats Maggie. I took it for granted that you knew, says Ang. No, I didn't know, says Maggie, sitting on the bed, looking totally rocked. How strange that no one told you, I don't understand, says Angelique. Neither do I, says Maggie--how did it happen? She was at a seance here in this house, explains Ang--at some point, the lights went out and there was a great deal of confusion, and when the lights came on again, she had fallen across the table, dead.  What caused her death? asks Maggie. No one has ever known--the diagnosis was death as a result of stroke, says Angelique. Why would anybody think it was murder? asks Maggie. Just after you left Collinwood, we reenacted that seance, says Ang, with all the same people who were there before--during the seance, Sabrina Stuart went into a trance and revealed that someone in that room had murdered Angelique. Who was at the first seance? asks Maggie. Angelique lists Elizabeth, Roger, Sabrina, Cyrus, Bruno, Quentin. Do you think somebody there murdered her? asks Maggie. I'm sure of it, says Ang--I didn't know my sister very well, but I do know that she was much too young and healthy to have died of a stroke--and that's why...  Feeling a sudden, cold chill, Angelique closes the window. What's wrong? asks Maggie, and goes to get her a sweater. It won't make any difference, anyway, says Ang, I get these chills and just have to go to my bedroom and lie down. Can I do anything? asks Maggie.  No, answers Ang, and hurries from the room. Maggie closes her door and wonders why didn't Quentin, or anyone, ever tell her Angelique was murdered?

Quentin has summoned Hoffman to the drawing room--"You want to see me, Mr. Collins?" Yes, he says, I want to know about your appearance in the master bedroom last night. I thought that subject was closed, she says. I'm re-opening it, he says coldly--do you mind? Of course not, she says. When you went to the bedroom, did you leave anything there? asks Quentin. Hoffman is puzzled--I don't understand. The question is quite clear, says Quentin--did you place anything in the bedroom? Shall I reiterate why I went into the bedroom? asks Hoffman--I was concerned about Mrs. Collins' safety!
You're not answering my question! accuses Quentin, his eyes flashing. No, sir, I did not leave anything in the room, she says, "and may I say, I'm beginning to be sorry I was concerned for Mrs. Collins' safety." (OUCH!) "My integrity and my motives have never been questioned before!--whatever my shortcomings may be, I thought you at least believe me to be loyal and honest. I do, Quentin assures her. I can only say, that if this had happened with the first Mrs. Collins, begins Hoffman.  Quentin cuts her off--I know what you're going to say...  Looking as though she's won a battle, Hoffman licks her lips and asks, will that be all? Yes, says Quentin, and you may consider the incident closed. Hoffman thanks him and leaves. Quentin, perturbed, opens the window and gazes out.

7:00 - Angelique, wrapped in a shawl, races downstairs, calling frantically for Hoffman--what's keeping you? she cries. She enters the drawing room and tries to warm her hands by the fire. Hoffman joins her. "Where have you been? I've been calling you!" demands Angelique accusingly. I've been in the servant's quarters--what's wrong? asks Hoffman.  It's happening to me, says Ang, I feel cold all over--you remember I told you I must have warmth to survive--Julia, you've got to help me. Of course, says her faithful servant, what do you want me to do. "Find someone for me!" insists Angelique No, says Hoffman, dismayed, shaking her head.  If I go back to that tomb again, I will never be awakened, warns Angelique, so you must bring me someone here, now. No, objects Hoffman. I barely have any time left, says Angelique. Don't say that, begs Hoffman.  It's true, Angelique assures her--the next person who walks in that door will give me the warmth I need--don't fail me, Julia--unless you come back here with someone, Julia, YOU will be the next victim!  Hoffman surveys her, their eyes warring in a weird duel. Hoffman leaves without another word.  Angelique tries again to warm herself by the fire and to herself, prays for Julia to find someone to give her the warmth she needs--send them to me, now!  Shivering, she hugs herself, then goes into the foyer, staring at the door, urging, hurry, Julia!  Hearing the sound of the doorknob turning, her face turns zealous, hungry. Who will it be? she wonders, her eyes opening wide with anticipation. The door opens...

NOTES: Cool ending! We know whoever is on the other side of that door is going to get a frigid reception from Angelique, followed by death. Who shall it be? Another bullseye? Perhaps the paperboy? I already know, but I'm not telling.

I was so glad that Quentin didn't believe his own wife could be practicing witchcraft, since that's apparently Angelique's plan--to force them apart by making Quentin think his wife is intending harm to him. Quentin apparently knows his wife well enough to know she couldn't do that, to him or anyone. As when Angelique made it look as if Vicki were practicing witchcraft in 1795, I felt frustrated that she got away with it.

Why does Angelique's ordering Hoffman to "find me someone" have the ring of pimping? And Angelique's ugly threat to take HER life makes one wonder if Angelique truly cares about anyone but herself. Hoffman is supposed to be so close to her, perhaps a mother figure, or something more, and less wholesome, but in any case, it's scary to think that Angelique could actually kill Hoffman. Then again, she killed Alexis, her blood relative, who shared a womb with her. Brrrrr.

Sure sounds like Cyrus doesn't intend to revert to Yaeger again, but he transformed once without the potion--could it happen again?

Now Maggie knows Angelique was murdered during the seance. Does she suspect anyone? Is she glad she died so there would be room for Mrs. Quentin Collins #2, herself?

Didn't it bother Angelique that Quentin and Maggie probably spent a passionate night in each other's arms? I kind of thought she'd mention it, and be jealous. Odd that hearing Hoffman say that Mr. and Mrs. Collins retired for the night didn't make her angry.

Who will end up providing the warmth Angelique needs to survive? Tune in tomorrow and see to whom we will say farewell!

Love, Robin

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It's true, Angelique assures her--the next person who walks in that door will give me the warmth I need

Now suppose that next person was Daniel?  Would Angelique be desperate enough and cold enough to kill her own son?  She did murder her sister, but then there didn't seem to be much love between them in the first place.  Angelique seems to dote on her boy, but I wonder if she really has affection for him or if he's more like a pet, just another worshiper.  Like Robin, I know who comes through the door, but it's fun to speculate.

ProfStokes