Author Topic: Robservations 10/21/02 - #696/697 - Quentin Claims David  (Read 1507 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Robservations 10/21/02 - #696/697 - Quentin Claims David
« on: October 20, 2002, 02:19:35 PM »
696 - (John Karlen) - Night over the great estate of Collinwood, a night different from all others. For Collinwood is deserted except for the evil spirits which freely roam the halls, still obsessed by the children who are keyed to the ghosts' mysterious actions. And in an old house on the estate, a governess checking her charges makes a horrifying discovery.

(Willie does the intro! Cool!)

Maggie races downstairs, screaming to Barnabas that the children are gone--neither David nor Amy are in their beds--I know where they are--she shows him Quentin's phone--he's sent for them, and they're at Collinwood with him!
Barnabas asks if she's sure David didn't bring the phone with him. Maggie is sure he didn't--I left it in my room--Amy later said it was gone; Quentin took it and somehow brought it here--he communicates with them through this. Maggie begs to be allowed to accompany him, but in his usual chauvinistic way, he orders, "Stay here!" I don't want you to go alone, she protests--I blame myself for the kids' disappearance. We can't have anymore tragedy, insists Barnabas--you've got to do as I say. She stands in the drawing room, staring at the phone.

West Wing - Amy calls to David, asking why he ran away from her. He doesn't answer, but Quentin appears to her, and she's terrified.
Did you tell David to run from me? asks Amy. Quentin nods. What do you want of us? she asks--I don't like the house and only came because the music sounded so pretty and David was coming--where is David?--I don't want to play the game anymore, and I won't stay here. She starts to leave, but the music begins to play, enthralling her. She locks eyes with Quentin and says, "All right, I'll do whatever you want."

Maggie frets. Willie tells Barnabas he doesn't want to accompany him to Collinwood, Barnabas gets so upset, and besides, the kids aren't dumb enough to go there this time at night. Not dumb, but possessed, says Barnabas, and Maggie adds they that have to accept that the children are possessed by a spirit. Willie agrees with Maggie, having this crush on her and all, and reluctantly leaves with Barnabas.

Amy walks downstairs carrying a dress, commenting on how pretty it is, telling Quentin, who is right behind her, that he knows so many interesting things about this house, like that old trunk. Whose dress was it? she asks. He shushes her. I don't hear anything, says Amy. Barnabas and Willie are outside; Barn tells him to search the man part of the house while he takes the West Wing. They find they can't open the doors, however. Quentin walks away from Amy. "Don't leave me!" she cries. Barnabas hears this, recognizes her voice, and bangs on the door. She hides in the drawing room. Barnabas tells Willie to try the side windows, but the front doors open by themselves. Willie doesn't want to go in, so Barnabas, flashlight in hand, says he's going alone. Willie begs him not to, but Barnabas doesn't listen. Amy cowers in her hiding place in the curtain alcove. Barnabas tries the light switch, which doesn't work. Willie asks if he's all right and slowly enters. Barnabas heads to the drawing room, Willie behind him. Amy bites her lip, fearful of being discovered. Barnabas trains the flashlight around the room, but doesn't spot Amy in her hiding place.
He does find the blue dress on the floor, which Willie bends to pick up, then says, "I feel someone watchin' me. Barnabas chides him for an overactive imagination, saying I hear no spirits. Willie lifts the dress, which Barnabas recognizes as Victorian--we won't take it, he says. Willie asks Barn how they'll find the kids--they'll only run from us if they are possessed. We must hope there is still a faint desire to escape this house, answers Barn. Amy listens to this, scared. She starts to leave the alcove, as if to go after them, but Quentin's music begins to play, and she steps back into the hiding place. Barnabas and Willie hear it, too, and wonder where it's coming from and why he wants them to hear it. He must want to draw us away from something, says Barnabas. That dress, suggests Willie. Barnabas trains his flashlight around again, missing Amy a second time. The music stops. The men head upstairs. Willie nearly has apoplexy as the lights flash on by themselves. We're dealing with spirits, Barnabas reminds him--Quentin is laughing at us--we'll just have to live through it, Barn tells Willie, who stares around, petrified. They enter the landing door.

Amy comes out of her hiding place. Quentin puts a finger to his lips to quiet her, then whispers something in her ear. "Why do you want me to get her?" asks Amy. "You aren't going to scare her, are you? She's so afraid of you, Quentin! If I bring her to you, will you be nice to her?" Quentin grins and nods his head, promising. Amy agrees to go get her, and leaves Collinwood.

1:15 AM.  Maggie paces the drawing room. She picks up the telephone and listens. It's impossible, she says, they couldn't hear anything out of this. Must be their imagination--but it's not! Why doesn't Barnabas or Willie come back? She looks out the window and spots Amy, who runs away with Maggie in pursuit.

In the West Wing, Barnabas and Willie enter the storage room. Maggie followed him into that room once, says Barnabas. Willie isn't thrilled to be there. Perhaps there's a secret passage, says Barnabas, but Willie insists, we know them all. They begin moving furniture around, and Willie subs the search crazy. Barnabas finds the paneled wall, which he tests, pressing his hand into it. The secret panel appears to be back in place. Willie insists they go. Quentin stands there, watching them.

Amy returns to Collinwood, Maggie calling to her. She opens the outside double doors, leaving them open, then goes into the drawing room, closing those doors. Maggie enters the house. She hears Amy humming Quentin's music. She opens the doors and finds Amy sitting on the floor. Amy asks, did you come to visit us?--why do I have to leave.
"I live here," says Amy--David and I belong here now, and we'll have so much fun and be so happy--you don't know what it's like. Maggie kneels down and begs the little girl to please come with her. No! protests Amy. Maggie tries to drag her out. We see Quentin's shadow approaching, walking downstairs. Maggie is attempting to convince Amy that Quentin is trying to harm her and David. I don't believe that, says Amy. Maggie suddenly becomes scared, feeling a presence--where is he? The fireplace, maybe, teases Amy. Maggie looks over there, and is about to take Amy out when Quentin appears before them. Maggie screams, backing away. Quentin closes the doors and balefully surveys Maggie. "Stay where you are!" Maggie insists. Amy assures her, he just wanted to see you. Why? asks Maggie, turning to Quentin--give us David and let us go! Quentin slowly shakes his head: no. Amy tells Maggie not to be afraid of Quentin as he advances on them. "Don't touch me!" Maggie screams, pulling Amy back with her. In the West Wing, Barnabas and Willie hear her screams and race to her aid.

Amy sits at the desk in the drawing room, drawing what looks like a house on fire. Barnabas and Willie burst in on this calm tableau. Amy tells them she didn't scream. Barnabas orders Willie to take her back to the Old House. Willie needs to know who screamed. Amy tells him--Maggie did. Both men are horrified, especially after Amy tells him she "isn't here anymore." Where is she? asks Willie, grabbing Amy's arm. Barnabas commands him to take Amy out. Amy scornfully says HE'LL let her go now--I know I belong here, and wherever you take me, I'll come back. Willie still is worried about Maggie, asking about her even as he exits the house with Amy. Barnabas, staring above him, vows to find them, speaking aloud, "You won't have any of them, he proclaims, "not Maggie, not Amy, not David. I will take them from you!" Quentin's mocking laughter fills the air as Barnabas walks upstairs.

Back at the Old House, Willie accuses Amy of lying--Maggie wasn't at Collinwood! He runs in, calling to her, but receives no reply. Amy tells him not to worry about her. He warns her she had better not be lying about knowing where Maggie is. "She isn't anywhere at all anymore," proclaims Amy. When Willie demands to know what she means, Amy says, "You'll see."

2 AM - Barnabas stands on the landing at Collinwood, perplexed--somewhere in the house must be a room I haven't searched, haven't found--they must be in this house--but where? He heads downstairs, into the dark foyer. He starts to leave, then stops, telling himself to stay, quietly, in one room--Quentin will come to me, he will!--he must. Barnabas opens the double doors. There sits Maggie, wearing the blue dress Amy had carried downstairs. Maggie? he says. She rises from the chair and asks who he is. She's working on some needlepoint, which she puts down on the chair. What did you call me? she asks. He steps forward, scaring her. "It's Barnabas," he says. I know no one by that name, she says, and orders him to get out at once. You must come with me, he insists, I know what's happened--"You are Maggie Evans." No, she says, "My name is. . .is. . ." She screams and passes out, Barnabas frantically calling her name.

NOTES: Quentin is just so chilling, you've got to love him. Without saying a word, he brilliantly he conveyed such intense menace and evil! Denise Nickerson shone today. Now Quentin is "playing the game" with Maggie, that bad boy! How will Barnabas snap her out of it--or will he? And who dressed up Maggie and did her hair so fancy, anyway? Did the ghostly Quentin sneak a peek?

697 - (Louis Edmonds) - A somber night over the great estate of Collinwood, a night filled with forebodings and disaster. For a child is missing, lured by evil spirits who possess him, and no trace can be found. But there is terrifying evidence that the ghosts are still occupying the house, as one man finds when he makes an astonishing and mysterious discovery.

Maggie screams and falls in a heap at Barnabas' feet. He takes her chin in his hand and tries to bring her around. She says his name, Barnabas, and he helps her to her feet. She's stunned to see the old-fashioned clothing she's wearing, and stares in the mirror in confusion at her fancy ¢â‚¬Ëœdo. Why doesn't she remember? Where are the clothes she came there in. He asks her the last thing she remembers, but she's having trouble thinking--I followed Amy here--where is she? They took her back to the Old House, he assures her.
Maggie describes how Quentin appeared, and that's all I remember--no, I looked up into his face, he was so cold and evil, I begged him to let them go, but he. . .he touched me--his hand was so cold, it chilled me all over--he didn't speak to me, I'm sure of that, he called me by another name, a name he chose, that made the clothes seem right--I can't recall the name, it's like a dream, I can't remember anything!  Barnabas and Willie found the dress there earlier, but it wasn't in Quentin's hand when I saw him. Do you remember where he took you? Asks Barn. Maggie suggests they ask Amy, she might know the answers. Barnabas says no, she's completely under Quentin's possession; her mind is with him. Maggie fearfully wonders if he was able to do this to her, what has he done to David? The front door opens. It's Roger, who turns on the light and announces that he isn't leaving the house until he finds David. Roger is shocked to see Maggie in the Victorian duds, but Barnabas quickly explains that they have no explanation for it--she was here in that dress after seeing Quentin, but remembers nothing else. Roger anxiously asks if she saw David; she shakes her head. Roger orders Barnabas to take Maggie back to the Old House--I won't be alone long, because I called the police!--I wonder what I'll say--that I was driven from my own home by ghosts--they'll think me mad. Roger feels they need the cops to thoroughly search they house, even though Barnabas assures him they already did that. Maggie begs Roger not to stay here, but the latter says he must make the decisions now and she should go with Barnabas. Roger encourages Barnabas, who wants to return to Collinwood after leaving Maggie at the Old House, not to return; she might remember something important. Barnabas leads Maggie away. When Roger picks up the phone, Quentin's music starts. Roger retorts, "That music doesn't scare me!"--and challenges Quentin to show himself to him. When Quentin doesn't appear, Roger begins to dial, but then a book opens by itself on the desk. Roger walks over and picks up a piece of paper that says DAVID IS MINE. Roger crumples it. "He is not yours!" he shouts--I am going to find my son and keep him from you, Quentin--forever.

At the Old House, Roger sips tea as he relates to Barnabas how every time he dialed the police, the insane laughter began. When the police came, the house was still, quiet, and they found nothing. Roger urges his cousin not to go back to the house; he's had no sleep, and it's useless to keep looking. Roger says Stokes is meeting him here, he hopes he has some ideas. Stokes has a curious theory--when there's a full moon, legend has it that possessed children are extremely restless. Stokes thinks this might work as an advantage to them--David might reveal himself more readily. The mention of the full moon focuses Barnabas' attention on something else--Chris! Roger heads out. Barnabas tells him to take care, then muses that he's glad a full moon will benefit SOMEONE. The clock strikes 4 o'clock, and he knows the moon will rise in a few hours. Chris!

At the cottage, the phone rings. Chris answers. It's Ned, who tells him he and Sabrina haven't left town, as he probably figured they had. Chris informs him it's no concern of his what they do, but Ned says it sure is--a big concern, or should be. Ned warns him he'd better get interested in Sabrina's condition, because she'll come out of this, and talk. Ned holds the phone to his sister's ear and mouth, and she turns away. No, he says, show him, Sabrina, you can do it!
She opens her mouth and says, "Chris," over and over. Ned demands Chris come now, perhaps if he comes, she'll remember more. Chris says he can't, and he won't. Ned asks if he feels any responsibility for her, but Chris insists he can't help her. Ned reminds him he knows what happened that night--why won't he tell him, why? Chris hangs up. Ned is furious. He assures Sabrina that Chris will come and help them, or he'll kill him--I swear. He presses his head into her shoulder and assures her she will remember. She looks blankly ahead.

Sabrina, laments Chris to Barnabas later at the Old House--I want to help her so much, but just can't--it's all I can do from keeping myself from going over there and spilling the whole thing, just letting her remember what happened that night--something will eventually jog her memory, says Chris, and she will tell. We must see nothing does, says Barnabas--I wish we could find out the curse and the way to end it. Bitterly, Chris says, I wish I had never begun hoping. That isn't true, says Barn. All I could think about during my conversation with Ned is that tonight is another full moon, says Chris. Barnabas assures him, you'll be in the mausoleum and you can't break out. "I'll try," says Chris, "and one day I will break out." The clock strikes six. I'll take you to the mausoleum, says Barnabas, and I will talk to Stuart and get them to leave town--I will have more persuasive powers than you--don't worry. The pains begin and Barnabas hustles Chris out of the house.

Old House - 8 PM - Roger enters, slides something out of his coat pocket and puts it into his jacket pocket. Maggie, sitting in the drawing room, assures him she's feeling better, if still confused. We all feel that way, says Roger, including Stokes. Mrs. Stoddard is with Amy, she says, but all the child does is smile at her as if it's all perfectly clear and she's being idiotic for ever being upset about what happened--still possessed. Roger wonders how David will be when they find him. Roger says I can't stay at Collinwood, I must get some rest--someone must stay here, perhaps Barnabas? He went to the village, reports Maggie. I found something, I'm not sure it was a clue, says Roger, but. . .he shows her what he thrust into his pocket, a piece of the modern dress she had been wearing--and it's been burned. It was the dress I was wearing, she says. I found it in the fireplace in Liz' room, he reveals, upsetting her. I have no memory of being there, she says. We don't know who burned it, but Roger grimly says whoever did it wanted to erase Maggie Evans as she exists.
Why? she wonders. He wants you as you were dressed when Barnabas found you, says Roger. I guess you could be right, she says, and calls him Edward--I wonder what kind of power he has. Roger asks, "What did you call me?" Puzzled, she repeats, "Edward." Edward was my grandfather, says Roger--Quentin was his brother!--Maggie, Quentin is trying to bring you back to his time--he failed with you, but has he succeeded with David?

Since you're such a good friend of Chris', Ned says belligerently to Barnabas, perhaps you can explain him to me. That's not the reason I'm here, says Barnabas, and I'm not here to defend Chris. You couldn't after that phone call this morning, says Ned--how could any man be so callous as to send someone else in his place?--I suspect he's scared and I'll find out what he's afraid of. Barnabas advises him to spend his time seeing to it that his sister gets proper medical care. We've gone to doctors, says Ned. By staying here, you're making your sister's life difficult, points out Barnabas. Ned insists it's necessary. I realize it's a tough situation, says Barn, and tragic, but the truth is, Chris is in love with my cousin, and one of the reasons he doesn't want to see you or Sabrina. "He goes on living," says Ned bitterly, acting as if this never happened, a little embarrassment along the way. Ned offers to introduce Sabrina to Barnabas--she was beautiful--once! Ned wheels out Sabrina, introducing her as a friend of Chris'. "She can hear," cries Ned--"She CAN hear!" Barnabas is clearly shocked, but says urbanely, "How do you do, Sabrina?" to her. Do you think your cousin will end up like this, Ned asks. Barnabas, uncomfortable, walks behind Sabrina. Ned asks if Barnabas can look at her. Barnabas says this is the kind of scene his sister should be avoiding in order to have any peace. Sabrina looks out the window and spots the full moon. "Look at her," says Barnabas--you have made her life so difficult. Ned touches Sabrina's shoulders and says if the only way I can make her remember is to shock her out of it--then that's what I'll do. Barnabas calls him cruel. Ned, dropping a kiss on his sister's forehead, says, I won't have any life until my sister has one--and you can tell Jennings that! I think Chris already knows that, says Barnabas, who bids Sabrina a courtly goodbye and expresses his sorrow that she doesn't realize her staying here is a bad thing to do. Sabrina reacts with horror at the sight of Barnabas' wolf's head cane.
Ned grabs it and forces his sister to look right at it. "She's remembering!" he says triumphantly, as Sabrina's eyes widen with terror.

NOTES: Does this mean Chris' goose is cooked? If Sabrina remembers, will she expose him for the animal he is? How do you like the way Ned manhandles his poor sister? Pretty shocking, huh? Some think it borders on incest at times.

You can't help but feel badly for Chris. The hope of a cure has been dangled in front of him but so far, nothing positive has happened, he's facing another full moon, he has the guilt of what he did to Sabrina, and Ned hounding him. What's a poor wolfman to do when everything is stacked against him?

Roger wants his son back, and he's trying his best, but Quentin is thwarting him. At least they got Amy back, physically, at least. Will they be able to save David, or is he, as Quentin's note insists, "MINE"!

Love, Robin

DVD

Re: Robservations 10/21/02 - #696/697 - Quentin Claims David
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 11:27:25 PM »
DVD episodes for September 28th and 29th.
The 1st and 2nd episodes on Set#13/Disc#1 (1st and 2nd episodes on MPI tape Volume #93)

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Robservations 10/21/02 - #696/697 - Quentin Claims David
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 03:34:05 AM »
Stokes has a curious theory--when there's a full moon, legend has it that possessed children are extremely restless. Stokes thinks this might work as an advantage to them--David might reveal himself more readily. The mention of the full moon focuses Barnabas' attention on something else--Chris! Roger heads out. Barnabas tells him to take care, then muses that he's glad a full moon will benefit SOMEONE.

Poor David - glad to see Roger so concerned right now. But I love that dry humor amidst the turmoil, Barnabas (good one - chuckle).  ;)

Ned demands Chris come now, perhaps if he comes, she'll remember more. Chris says he can't, and he won't.

::Grinning Mischieviously::  Really Ned...is that the best line you could think of?   ;D

Barnabas--I wish we could find out the curse and the way to end it. Bitterly, Chris says, I wish I had never begun hoping. That isn't true, says Barn.

Someone give that guy a reassuring hug, stat!  ;)

Since you're such a good friend of Chris', Ned says belligerently to Barnabas, perhaps you can explain him to me. That's not the reason I'm here, says Barnabas, and I'm not here to defend Chris. You couldn't after that phone call this morning, says Ned

Hey Mr. pouffy-hair...you're the one who made the dirty phone call!  Really... ;D ;D

NOTES: Does this mean Chris' goose is cooked? If Sabrina remembers, will she expose him for the animal he is? How do you like the way Ned manhandles his poor sister? Pretty shocking, huh? Some think it borders on incest at times.

Hmm...perhaps. He's just a touchy-feely guy I guess. ;) Oh, let's just say that when my sister and I were watching these eps. for the first time, an audible groan was heard by all when Ned popped out of the woodwork. [shudder]  ;D  At one time I theorized that Ned & Sabrina were descendants of Vicki and Peter... who knows.  ::)

p.s. Love the captures in these episodes lately, MB  :-*[/color]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*