Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118253 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1350 on: October 24, 2022, 02:50:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1244 (1841PT) - Bramwell - 'You can fight-- you MUST fight!'

From "#1244/1245: Robservations 01/21/04: The End!"
Catherine, he's trying to possess you! warns Bramwell.  There is nothing anyone can do, she says.  Yes there is, he insists--you can fight--you must fight!  No, she says, there is only one way for us to have peace.  You have the willpower! he says urgently.  No, Brutus will never set us free, you know that! she says.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 25, 2022, 02:50:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1153 (1840) - Randall - 'You MUST be the new governess.'

From "#1152/1153: Robservations 11/04/03: Proof Positive"
Daphne returns to the drawing room, does not find Quentin, and goes upstairs, but before she gets far, someone knocks at the door.  It's Randall, and he introduces himself to Daphne after a moment's hesitation.  Yes, you're Mrs. Collins' brother, won't you come in, says Daphne.  You must be the new governess, says Randall, I'm looking for Quentin.   Daphne explains she's been looking for him herself; she doesn't know where he is.  I see, says Randall.  Daphne excuses herself, saying she'll go look for Quentin and Randall can wait in the drawing room.  He asks her if they know each other from somewhere.  Daphne says she doesn't believe so.  I'm almost certain I've met you before, he says--what is your name?  Daphne Harridge, she replies.  He says her name and says that nothing comes back.  She smiles in relief.  I'm not good at names, he says, but I always remember faces.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 26, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1071 (1970) - Liz - 'You both MUST have imagined this!'

From "#1070/1071: Robservations - 08/19/03: Betrayal"
the fire occurred over a week ago. Barnabas, says Quentin, are you telling us that the room changed over a week ago, with you and Julia in it?
Yes, says Barnabas. Then where have you been? queries Quentin. That's the incredible part of our story, he says-we found ourselves transported to the future-to the year 1995. 1995? repeats Liz in disbelief. Barnabas! says Quentin, skeptical, too. (but how?-he's been a werewolf!) It's true, says Julia, we were there, and the two of you must listen to what happened to us. Unless something is done very soon, warns Barnabas, there will be a catastrophe right here at Collinwood. What are you talking about? asks Liz. After we left the West Wing room, says Barn, we came down to the foyer and found the house in ruins-the beams had collapsed, the floors were covered with leaves, no power at all-the house was in a complete shambles. Julia adds, we couldn't imagine what had happened, the entire place was deserted--we went to the cemetery and saw Mrs. Johnson, who was putting flowers on David's grave. This horrifies Liz. Yes, says Barnabas, according to the tombstone, David had died in 1970. You must have imagined it! insists a stricken Liz. You must listen, says Barn, as don't have much time to prevent what's going to happen. Time for what? asks Quentin. The disaster is due to happen very shortly, says Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And sometimes it absolutely fascinates me what the DS characters are willing to accept and what they absolutely reject. Sure, you crossed over into a parallel world though a room in the house that changes bands of time - NO, you had to have imagined going into the future via said room and discovering a ruined Collinwood and David dead! Though at least when it comes to the parallel world, Liz couldn't argue against that because too many people have seen evidence of it...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'You MUSTN'T be afraid of us') was back on August 19th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 27, 2022, 04:02:22 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1034 (1970PT) - Cyrus - 'She MUST be found...before you feel the pain.'

From "#1034/1035: Robservations 07/25/03: Cyrus' Sad End; Hoffman KNOWS!"
You cannot leave that girl there--she must be found before you feel the pain, because you will, you can't stop turning into him now, you can't!  He leans against the mirror, gazing at his reflection.  It looks like there are two Cyrus'.  I can't call them at Collinwood; Yaeger saw to that!  I can call Barnabas! He picks up the phone and dials.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote practically perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Cyrus - 'I MUST TELL them everything!') was back on June 14th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 28, 2022, 02:54:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #915 (1969) - Michael - 'Now that you serve us, you MUST forget all that happened before.'

From "Robservations 4/29/03 - 913/914/915 - Warning for Barnabas: A Taste of Vampirism"
There's no reason to treat her like some kind of a special case, insists Michael--now that you serve us, you must forget all that happened before. I cannot forget that Julia risked her life for me, insists Barnabas--I cannot take her life and won't let anyone else do it, either. I don't! cries Michael, you can't let sentimentality make you careless!--she is now an ENEMY!  I refuse to regard her as such, says Barnabas--neither will you, and the subject is closed. Furious, Barnabas leaves the shop.
[/spoiler]

One thing the Robserbations doesn't make clear is why Michael says, "I don't!" Well, that's because what's left out is that after Barnabas says that he cannot take Julia's life and won't let anyone else do it, either, he adds, "Now, do you understand that?"

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Adlar - 'Enemies MUST be dealt with, that is the law') was back on April 28th of 2021, and the second (Megan - 'Oh, but I MUST, please, Barnabas, you're the only one I can talk to') was back on November 8th of 2021, and the third (Adlar - 'You are just an outsider. You MUST constantly prove yourself...because you will never be above suspicion') was back on April 11th. So that all means that Ep #915 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 29, 2022, 06:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #710 (1897) - Evan - 'Because it's an important part of what I MUST do.'

From "Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party"
Evan answers the door and admits Quentin and Jamison. Quentin told me we're going to see the future, says Jamison. Evan cautions him--it doesn't always work. Jamison asks about the table in front of the fireplace. That's more of an altar, says Evan--look directly into the flame, and while I'm talking, you're to concentrate very hard and keep looking into the flame--or the spell will be broken.
[/spoiler]

Strangely, the Robservations of this period are quite detailed but this one doesn't reference the quote. However, after Evan instructs Jamison to look directly into the flame, Jamison asks, "What for?" And that's when Evan delivers the quote before he then instructs Jamison to concentrate very hard...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Evan - 'Rise and help us, for there is an enemy in our midst and he MUST be destroyed!') was back on June 14th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 30, 2022, 02:48:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #670 (1969) - Amy - 'Well, he MUST have something to do with it.'

From "Robservations 10/1/02 - #670/671 - Carolyn, Liz & the Werewolf"
After Maggie is gone, Amy sits up. "How was that?" she asks David, and he lauds her performance. You almost had me worried, he praises--now we must make sure Carolyn goes to the cottage to get Chris. Amy wonders why. You don't have to know, answers David. Amy wants to know what Chris has to do with all this. How should I know? he answers. Hearing Maggie's voice, Amy sags back down on the bed. Carolyn and Maggie come in, speculating on what's wrong with the child.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote a bit indirectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Amy - 'I MUST have been dreaming just now. I dreamt that I was with Chris and he was saying goodbye to me') was back on November 6th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 31, 2022, 02:52:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #498 (1968) - Willie - 'But there MUST be something you can do, some way you can fight her.'

From "Robservations 5/28/02 - #497/498 - Barnabas' Unusual Commission"
David told him the dream, says Willie Mrs. Johnson returned from Boston and told David, and so it goes on. Barnabas says Willie will have the dream tonight, bringing him one step closer to it himself. Willie doesn't want to have the dream. Barnabas assures him he has nothing to fear--HE is the intended victim of the dream curse--time is running out for him. Fight her, urges Willie. Barnabas can't think of how. You must do something, insists Willie, but Barn says he tried to destroy her before, back in the very beginning.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote in a roundabout way...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 01, 2022, 03:50:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #663 (1796) - Nathan - 'You MUST be crazy if you think I'd be willing to incriminate myself like that.'

From "Robservations 9/25/02 - #662/663 - Barnabas & Yet Another 18th Century Doxy"
Barnabas takes a sheet of paper out of the desk and demands a signed confession exonerating Vicki and Peter of their crimes. Nathan tells him he's wrong, but Barnabas yanks him from the chair--I'm  not going to argue with you, ordering, "Write that confession!" Nathan refuses to incriminate himself, but Barnabas believes he'd rather be in prison than die in this room.
If you need my help that desperately, points out Nathan cagily, you can't afford to kill me--I don't want to go to jail, so we should agree on a compromise. Barnabas once again grabs Nathan's throat, telling him there will be no compromise--he'll write and sign the confession!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not perfectly...

And this is yet another Joel Crothers quote that I came across by accident while looking for something else.

And this is the third quote from this ep - all Nathan quotes, as it happens. The first (Nathan - 'Barnabas MUST be destroyed before it's too late!') was back on November 16th of 2020, and the second (Nathan - 'You MUST go back to Collinwood, you MUST find a wooden stake and hammer, then you MUST go to the tower room during the day') was back on August 9th of 2021. Perhaps in his last days on the show the writers were trying to make up for the lack of "must" lines they'd given Joel Crothers in the past.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 02, 2022, 03:22:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #308 (1967) - Sam - 'She MUST be asleep.'

From "#0307/0308: Robservations 01/09/02: Vicki Puts Her Foot Down"
Meanwhile, Sam and Joe arrive home to find Maggie very excited
[/spoiler]

This Robservations comes up in the period where there's little detail. And actually, when Sam and Joe return to the cottage they find it in darkness. That's why, as the quote indicates, they assume Maggie is asleep...

The funny thing is I suspect Maggie's sleeping habits get the most mention of any other character's, especially during this storyline. In fact, they also came up recently with October 20th's quote (Maggie - 'I MUST be getting better if I slept so well').

And this is the fourth quote from this ep - mostly all Sam quotes. The first (Julia - 'These pieces MUST be collected in any way possible, however unorthodox it might seem') was back on May 14th of 2020, the second (Sam - 'You MUST know something-- you MUST have some lead') was back on February 24th of 2021, and the third (Sam - 'I guess you MUST think there's, uh, some connection. Is that a possibility?') was back on March 14th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #308 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #742, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #646, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 03, 2022, 03:24:38 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #44 (1966) - John Harris - 'But I MUST point out to you that this trust fund that you've set up is going to cause you to have a slight bind, financially.'

From "#0043/0044: Robservations 06/18/01: Coffee and Conversation"
John shows Liz where she needs to sign the legal paperwork he brought to her. This trust fund can't be touched by anyone? she asks. The principal can't even be touched by David, he assures her--and the interest guarantees him security for he rest of his life. (I wish I were him.) He takes the papers and places them in his briefcase. And this goes on in perpetuity? asks Liz. It goes on as long as we have a monetary system, John assures her--it assures him of an education and an income--but I must point out to you that this trust fund you've set up is going to put you in a slight bind, financially. Liz chuckles and asks what does he want her to do--go around and make sure all the lights are out? John laughs, too, and says nothing that serious--but there isn't any loose money lying around, and when you took over Roger's interest in the company, you tied up nearly all your own cash to do it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote nearly perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first, which also happens to be a John Harris quote (John Harris - 'The notes are signed on the best possible terms and eventually they can be paid off. But I MUST remind you that they are demand notes and can be called at any time'), was back on July 22nd of 2021, and the second (Carolyn - 'But how did you know about it? Oh. I suppose Vicki MUST have told you') was back on June 28th.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 03, 2022, 04:08:36 PM »
Watched the John Harris actor on Perry Mason the other day as the prosecutor. A much more substantial part and he was letter perfect. I guess more rehearsal time and editing make for a much better performance.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 03, 2022, 05:24:36 PM »
[pointing-up]  I didn't realize he did Perry Mason. (I've actually been rewatching the show from time to time on Paramount+ - I'm still in the 1st season.) I looked Patrick McVey up and apparently he appeared three times, playing different characters, in the 2nd season's 29th ep, the 7th season's 7th ep, and the 8th season's 2nd ep. It looks like you caught his first appearance, which originally aired in 1959. Were you even born then?  [hall2_grin]  I was all of 3...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 04, 2022, 10:36:30 AM »
Perry Mason (along with Gunsmoke) is background noise in my house. I can hear them and see it in my mind. Diana Millay was on recently too, she was in at least two. And Dennis Patrick the other day as well. It's always fun seeing DS actors on these shows.

You're older than me, I was one and change in '59.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 04, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #36 (1966) - Vicki - 'Because I MUST.'

From "#0035/0036: Robservations 06/12/01: Will Vicki Stay or Go?"
Liz, perturbed, asks Vicki when she decided to leave us? A little while ago, says Vicki--it's not something I wanted to do. Then why go at all? asks Liz. Because I must, says Vicki. Are you sure it's only about David? asks Liz. Mostly, says Vicki, yes--I know I thought about leaving before, but somehow I never did it--I always thought things would straighten themselves out--but now I see it's impossible. Because it isn't easy? asks Liz--very little in life is easy, Miss winters, I should think you of all people would know that.
"You're going to be sorry you ever came here"--that's what David said to me a little while ago, Vicki tells her--standing in that doorway--those words. So you're afraid of him, too, says Liz--I shouldn't be surprised. It isn't that, says Vicki, I wasn't thinking about fear. Of course you are, says Liz--David threatened you, just as he threatened his father--and then he tampered with the brakes on his car--why shouldn't you be afraid of him--heaven knows, I am. YOU? asks Vicki in disbelief. Yes, admits Liz, but not for myself--for him--for David--she closes the doors, not seeing David standing there
[/spoiler]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'I won't do anything else bad, I promise I won't, but you MUSTN'T stop loving me') was back on September 12th of 2020.