Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118660 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1320 on: September 24, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #227 (1967) - Maggie - 'Well, let's just say that my illness MUST have improved my hearing.'

From "#0227/0228: Robservations 10/30/01: Carolyn is Curious; Maggie Awaits her Lover"
Barnabas takes a candle to the window and sends Maggie a telepathic message--Come with your father tonight to the Old House. I want to see you, Maggie. She suddenly feels well enough to drive Sam to the Old House, and says she overheard Willie come to the door, which Sam insists was impossible. Something improved her hearing, and the flirtatious tone in her voice says it's something Sam would not be too happy about!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote oddly. It's not just "something" that Maggie says improved her hearing, it's her  "illness." And I didn't think she said it in a particularly flirtatious tone that Sam wouldn't be happy about - but maybe that's just me...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 25, 2022, 03:38:48 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #377 (1795) - Josette - 'Oh Angelique, nothing MUST happen now. Not with the wedding so near.'

From "#0376/0377: Robservations 02/28/02: Andre Takes Control--He Thinks"
Josette, in her room, fearing the pox, desperately tries to wash off the brand, but it doesn't come off until Angelique,
who claims she had a similar mark, uses the rosewater, which easily removes it. Josette hugs her maid, grateful, and asks Angelique what she would do without her. Angelique, hugging back, her eyes cold, tells her mistress she will never let her find out.
[/spoiler]

As I've mentioned before, this installment of Robservations is one where there's little detail, and as such the quote isn't even referenced. However, it comes up while Angelique is cleverly using the rosewater to "remove" the mark on Josette's hand...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Jeremiah - 'Because I MUST!') was back on August 22nd of 2020, the second (Jeremiah - 'It MUST! Or everyone will know!') was back on October 22nd of 2020, the third (Jeremiah - 'I MUST LEAVE this room! LEAVE this house! LEAVE this town!') was back on January 4th of 2021, and the fourth (Nathan - 'Then you MUST learn everything from me') was back on September 15th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #449, #466, #678, #1057 & #1111.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 26, 2022, 03:20:41 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #474 (1968) - Roger - 'You MUSTN'T be depressed. We'll leave as soon as your ankle is better.'

From "#0473/0474: Robservations 05/08/02: A Startling Elopement"
Roger opens a bottle of champagne and promises Cass they'll leave as soon as her ankle is better. Cass doesn't mind the delayed honeymoon--she's happy to be with him. He so often thought they were wrong to return to Collinwood. Cass is used to people not liking her at first--Liz will get used to her--she has her little tricks (uh oh).
[/spoiler]

The Robservations only references the second part of the quote...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Vicki - 'You MUST recognize her from the portrait') was back on September 16th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 27, 2022, 03:38:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #715 (1897) - Edward - 'We MUST stay here until the governess goes to sleep. We MUSTN'T take any chances.'

From "Robservations 11/5/02 - #714/715 - Judith Rubs it In; Rachel & the Tower"
"You see what you've done now?" Edward demands of Beth. And to the occupant of the chair, he snarls, "Yes, even you! I'll have to stay in this room with you even longer." We must stay here until the governess falls asleep--we can't take any chance. It's 12:30.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 28, 2022, 02:50:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #894_895 (1969) - Barnabas - 'I expect you to do what MUST be done, exactly as it MUST be done. You speak of time, my children. There is only one time for us-- the time of the Leviathan people.'

From "Robservations 4/16/03 - #894/5-896 - Blanket Boy Falls Ill; Ms. Olivia Corey"
He's a beautiful baby, Barnabas tells Philip. And a very sick one, I'm afraid, says Philip--if we could only find a way to help him. Find out why he's sick, advises Barnabas--perhaps you must find out what is happening. Philip and Megan exchange glances. Barnabas tells Philip, I have decided to sell you the Hitchcock chair--you can come with me RIGHT NOW to pick it up. If it were any other time, I'd be at your door before you could change your mind, says Philip, but I can't go tonight. Yes you can go, insists Barn, and you will. Puzzled, Megan says, you can't expect Philip to leave on a night like this. I expect you to do what must be done, exactly as it must be done, says Barnabas firmly--you speak of time, my children, there is only one time for us--the time of the Leviathan people.
Megan and Philip listen raptly.  The latter repeats the last words Barnabas said. "And that time is now," says Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 29, 2022, 03:58:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #228 (1967) - Carolyn - 'Mother, there MUST be something in there, and if they're my father's things, I have every right.'

From "#0227/0228: Robservations 10/30/01: Carolyn is Curious; Maggie Awaits her Lover"
Study - Roger tells Carolyn he never saw Jason before this current visit; he was away at school during the time Liz knew Jason and Paul Stoddard. Carolyn laments that she knows so little about her father, but Liz refuses to discuss him. Roger tells her that what Paul left behind is in the locked basement room. Carolyn, who never knew what was in that room, is curious about it. Vicki advises Carolyn not to pursue that.
When Liz comes in, Roger tells her that they are all annoyed at Jason's participation in the business. Carolyn asks her mother for the key to the basement room, but Liz, upset, forbids any discussion about that room and leaves.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations is again during the period where there's little detail. However, the quote comes up after Carolyn asks for the key to the basement room, Liz claims she's mislaid the key and forbids the breaking of the lock, and before she insists none of them mention the room ever again and leaves...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 30, 2022, 03:10:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #475 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'You MUST keep it on your person always if it is to be effective.'

From "#0475/0476: Robservations 05/09/02: Give Me Jeff Clark's Face!"
Stokes is fascinated by the house--early Greek revival, but more satisfying than Collinwood. The Professor starts examining a an antique table, and remarks that the man was drunk when he made that. Barnabas is impatient and offers Stokes a grand for the talisman. Stokes says no, he couldn't afford to buy it back. Name your price, persists Barn, and Stokes realizes his impatience. He says he'll give it to Barn on loan, but won't sell because he might need it someday, as Barnabas does now. Keep it on your person, says Stokes, and finally hands it to him.
Stokes says he won't forget this evening, it's a chapter in a book he intends to finish. (a truly delightful scene between these two.) Barnabas holds the talisman and looks at it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though not completely...

This is certainly one, if not my absolute favorite Stokes scene on the show. It's priceless!  [thumb]

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Lang - 'No! No! No one else MUST know!') was back on October 16th of 2020, and the second (Dr. Lang - 'Oh, yes, I suppose I MUST') was back on April 13th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 01, 2022, 02:08:43 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #717 (1897) - Barnabas - 'Why did the light go out? I MUST know. I don't need a key, but I MUST do it Rachel's way-- I MUST use a key. Where is she? Where is she?'

From "Robservations - #716/717 -11/6/02 - Jenny and Her Babies"
Barnabas notes that the tower light is gone and wonders why it went out--I must know!--I don't need a key to open the tower door, but must do it Rachel's way and use a key--where is she?
The door opens and Rachel comes out with the key, explaining how Judith detained her Barnabas tells her to go to bed and stay there--let me handle it. She tells him to take care of himself--I've never had many friends. Neither have I, confesses Barn. They hold hands and look into each other's eyes.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, though not perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Judith - 'And I also know that Rachel is beginning to suspect more than she should. She MUSTN'T know anything about Jenny. Nobody MUST') was back on September 26th of 2021, and the second (Judith - 'Beth, she MUST go') was back on February 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 02, 2022, 03:42:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #476 (1968) - Jeff - 'And I know that you have to have a past, but, well I MUST have a past, but before...'

From "#0475/0476: Robservations 05/09/02: Give Me Jeff Clark's Face!"
Is she going to hear all about Jeff Clark, asks Vicki, but Jeff says he knows nothing about Peter. His past is a mystery, but Vicki might help him learn something. She's his only friend, and needs her help. He apologizes because she can't get straight answers from him. He doesn't know the beginning; he doesn't know who he is. His name might not be Jeff Clark. He knows of no past. Before the sanitarium, he doesn't remember anything. This perturbs Vicki. That's where he was before Lang. He doesn't know why he was there, and he hasn't thought about anything, but since he met her, he's begun to feel things that induce him to want to know his past. He wants to know all about her, and why they met when they did. She already knows, because they spoke a long time ago.
He seems upset she still thinks he's Bradford. She wants to believe it.
[/spoiler]

For some reason the Robservations doesn't reference the quote, well, except for maybe the word "before" because the quote comes up just prior to Jeff bringing up the sanitarium...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'She will enjoy making me suffer before she makes her big move, and that's why I MUST make my move now') was back on March 5th of 2021, and the second (Barnabas - 'I will agree to nothing until I know more. I MUST know what my chances of success are') was back on July 29th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 03, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #709 (1897) - Judith - 'This will upset Edward very much-- I MUST tell him at once.'

From "Robservations 10/29/02 - Barnabas Threatens Quentin - #708/709"
they must conduct a simple, dignified funeral. Barnabas enters; Judith introduces Rachel to him. She rises and looks at him, greeting him politely. Judith informs Barnabas that he will be a pallbearer--at the funeral being held at 2 PM tomorrow (oh, no, that's not vampire hours!) Barnabas says he can't be there; he has business in Bangor that he can't cancel. Judith is shocked--surely you can try to cancel this business? He promises to try, "but please don't count on me." Judith, perturbed, says this is going to really upset Edward--I must tell him at once.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but references the quote well...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Judith - 'I suppose I MUST look at her, MUSTN'T I?') was back on May 7th of 2020, the second (Quentin - 'You MUST be able to hear it now. You MUST!') was back on October 24th of 2020, the third (Judith - 'You MUST remember-- on Grandmother's hand in the coffin.') was back on September 17th of 2021, and the fourth (Beth - It MUST') was back on July 30th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #678, #1057 & #1111.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 04, 2022, 03:54:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #544 (1968) - Nicholas - 'I MUST find Dr. Lang's creation, the man called Adam-- only after I've found him can I avenge your suffering. I command you to lead me to him. Surely you MUST know where he is, each of you is a part of him.'

From "Robservations 7/1/02 - Stokes Demands Answers - #544/545"
Nicholas tells the two deformed ghosts that he must find Dr. Lang's creation, Adam--only after that can he avenge their suffering. Lead me to Adam, he commands, you must know where he is, being part of him--if you can't lead me, then point the way. The two ghosts lift their arms and gesture. "Collinwood!" says Nicholas. He asks what part of the house Adam is in, but they disappear without supplying that information. That's all right, says Nicholas, he knows enough--he will find him!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote perfectly, but it does reference it well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep, the first that isn't from Prof.Stokes. The first (Prof. Stokes - 'If anyone else discovers you, as Mrs. Johnson's son did yesterday, you MUSTN'T panic or be frightened') was back on July 29th of 2020, the second (Prof. Stokes - 'I MUST be more careful. There are times when even a momentary loss of self-control can be dangerous') was back on June 22nd of 2021, and the third (Prof. Stokes - 'Learning MUST come first') was back on August 31st. So that all means that Ep #544 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #365, #377, #384, #449, #450, #466, #550, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057, #1064 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #208, #211, #300, #377, #449, #466, #678, #709, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes...

And as a bit of trivia, I'm sure those with sharp eyes have spotted David Groh of Rhoda fame as the armless ghost:

And some questions to ponder:
  • Did Jeff disrobe the bodies to remove the body parts that he did or were they buried naked from the waist up? I suspect the former.
  • But why does the headless ghost have a bloodied torso? Shouldn't his blood have been drained when the body was embalmed before burial? Though I supposed we're not supposed to think about that.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 05, 2022, 02:42:09 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #303 (1967) - Joe - 'Look, I know how boring all of this MUST be for you, but you gotta understand...'

From "#0303/0304: Robservations 01/07/02: Burke Becomes Suspicious"
Joe and Maggie are hanging out at the cottage, and she is bored, feeling like a prisoner in her own house. She wants to return to her job at the coffee shop, on a day shift, but Joe says they feel she still needs protection.
He begs her to be more patient, and she smiles, kisses him (I want Vicki and Burke to take notes, these two seem to really love each other), and says she'll give them more time.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote. However, it comes up it comes up while Joe is making the point that Maggie still needs protection...

And I came across this quote quite by accident while looking for something else. But then most Joe quotes seem to have been found by accident...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 06, 2022, 03:10:51 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #25 (1966) - Roger - 'Well, it MUST be pretty important for you to go to all this trouble.'

From "#0025/0026: Robservations 06/05/01: Evidence Everywhere"
What is bothering you? asks Roger. Miss Winters, says Liz--she's going to start prying again, wondering again--want answers again. You think she's the only one, Liz? asks Roger.
Liz makes a face. Don't you think I've been wondering about her? asks Roger. I imagine you have, says Liz. Why did you reach out all the way from Collinsport to a foundling home in New York? he asks--why did you suddenly decide to engage that girl? Because she seemed to be well-qualified to take care of David, says Liz. But how could you know this? wonders Roger, you haven't been out of this house for 18 years--how could you know about a girl who was a total stranger when she walked in here? All I know is what you told me, says Liz. Me? asks Roger, perplexed. That's right, says Liz--you recommended her to me. Roger bursts into laughter. Did I say something amusing? Asks Liz. Oh come on, says Roger, I never heard of the girl until you told me she was on her way here. Perhaps you've forgotten, then, persists Liz. Now you're not making any sense, says Roger--how could I forget something I never knew. I engaged Miss Winters, says Liz, because you told me someone at the foundling home told you she was excellent with children--that is what I've told her in the past, and that's what you're going to tell her. Roger nods. I see, he says. She'll undoubtedly ask you the person who recommended her, says Liz--you'll have to prepare an answer for that she can't check on. And what about my answer? asks Roger. I've already told you, she says. You've told me hocus pocus, he says, now I want the truth--why did you engage her? That's a private matter, she says. It must be pretty important for you to go to all this trouble, comments Roger. I said it's private, says Liz. Sure it is, agrees Roger, until some private detective digs up the truth--Liz, don't you understand--if it's important enough for Burke to find out about it, don't you think I have a right to know? It has nothing to do with you, she says again.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

Great Liz/Roger scene!

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'I MUST admire you, Liz--you really have a neat way of managing people') was back on April 11th of 2020, and the second (Vicki - 'I suppose your sister MUST have had something else on her mind too when she told me that same story') was back on July 13th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 08, 2022, 04:14:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #832 (1897) - Amanda - 'I MUST make a phone call.'

From "Robservations 2/28/03 - #832/833 - A Stunning Revelation for Q
Amanda races to the phone.  She reaches Tim--there must be another way to do what you want, she insists--I can't stand looking at him, and the way he follows me around the room...  This is the best way to handle the situation, says Tim.  I don't care, I'm not staying! says Amanda--he's returning, I'll call you back.  Turns out it's not Trask, but Quentin, who is pleased Amanda remembers him, calling it an honor.  I'm sure a girl like you has a lot of names to remember, adds Quentin (what are the implications of that?)
I'm glad you know so much about a girl like me, she says, more than I do myself.  He ambles over, smiling.  You're beautiful, he says.  And you're handsome, she says, and neither of us are very happy, are we?  He grins--when you were a little girl, what did you wish for when you saw the first star?  I don't remember ever wishing on a star, she says.  He moves in close--I'd like to get to know you a lot better, he says--perhaps we can talk again sometime, I'm afraid I must go.  I have to make a phone call, says Amanda.  He murmurs, it's been an unexpected pleasure, but then this whole day has just been full of surprises...if you'll excuse me...  He leaves.  She stands there for a moment, then calls Tim back and tells him, before he has a chance to talk her into going through with it as planned, she would like him to bring her luggage to Collinwood ASAP.  He's very happy she decided to stay, and wonders why she changed her mind.  You were right, she says, I let myself get far too upset over nothing
--I think things will be just fine at Collinwood.  She hangs up.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations substitutes "have to" for must - SHAMEFUL!!  [hall2_angry]  And the Robservations also pulls one of it's favorite tricks: using "must" where "have to" is used and using "have to" where "must" is used, as in "I'm afraid I must go" is actually "I'm afraid I have to go".

And my, how attitudes change once Quentin is in the picture!  [hall2_wink] [hall2_grin]

And when I came across this Quentin/Amanda scene I knew instantly that I had to use it. Not only because of how humorous it is that they both have excuses for why they can't continue their encounter (particularly Amanda's excuse), but also because both Amanda fans (and you know who you are) and detractors (and you know who you are) will appreciate that the shot perfectly showcases Amanda's certain "assets," as seen in the screen capture:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 09, 2022, 03:50:02 PM »

Ep #1199 (1841PT) - Julia - 'I think not! You MUST NOT tamper with tradition!'

From "#1199/1200: Robservations 12/09/03: The Woman in White"
if only Father could live another week--I'd marry Catherine tonight!  Morgan! cries Julia, you cannot marry Catherine tonight, tomorrow--if Justin lives for a week and you marry Catherine, then when Justin dies, Catherine will be part of the lottery!  No! he cries.  She will, it happens to all of us! insists Julia.  No, I won't have it--there will be no women! he says.  There always have been! Julia reminds him.  There won't be this time, says Morgan--I've discussed it with Quentin and he agrees.  Does Gabriel? she asks.  He will, Morgan assures her.  I think not, says Julia--you must not tamper with tradition.  You sound as if it's an honor instead of a curse, he says.  I'm just being realistic, she says.  So am I, says Morgan--I know six Collins have gone to that room and spent the night--three were found dead in the morning, and three were found like Father--mad for the rest of their lives--I am realistic, too, about one thing--that either Quentin, Gabriel or I will be on that list.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Morgan - 'Do you know the first thing I remember?-- I MUST'VE been about 5 or 6. I remember hearing mother and father talking. They were talking about that room and what would happen when we grew up. And one day that Quentin and I would have to go into that room and spend the night') was back on January 11th.