Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 116444 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #645 on: February 09, 2021, 10:16:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #949 (1970) - Lawrence Guthrie - 'You MUST have gotten some interesting pictures.'

From "Robservations 5/21/03 - #948-949"
The visitor is Lawrence Guthrie, from Augusta, investigating the mysterious murders in town--I know it's late, but I'd like to come in. Philip is more than happy to invite him in.  Jeb requests his ID. This is Jeb Hawkes, our boarder, introduces Philip. Guthrie takes out his wallet and shows his ID to Jeb, then says, Mr. Todd, I want to ask you the same questions Davenport asked. I don't mind, says Philip--I'll tell you anything I can--we were very upset about Davenport.  Why? asks Jeb, when such a man dies in the line of duty, isn't that the way he wants to go?
Guthrie looks at the grinning Jeb and suggests, that's an odd point of view.  Mr. Todd, how long was Paul Stoddard here the night he was murdered?  Just a few minutes, responds Philip. Where did he stand? queries Guthrie. About where you're standing now, replies Philip. So he was never near that door? asks Guthrie. No, unless it was during the time my wife Megan came up to get him, says Philip. Jeb watches, his tongue thrust into his right cheek. I don't think so, adds Philip--I think the minute she left the room, he ran out--she said he was in a terribly disturbed state. Philip offers to awaken Megan to speak to Guthrie.  Don't bother, says the lawman--I'll talk to her another time. As the man walks around the shop, Jeb and Philip stare at each other. Jeb saunters up to the guy and asks, what were those questions about?--I'd like to know. I'd like to know a few things, too, says Guthrie--may I see your ID?  I wasn't here the night of the murders, says Jeb, pulling a piece of paper from his pocket and handing it to Guthrie. Yes, I know--where were you? asks Guthrie. Traveling, replies Jeb, cross-country, on both business and pleasure--I'm a photographer. You must have gotten some interesting pictures, remarks Guthrie--I'd like to see them someday--I'm an amateur photographer myself. He hands Jeb back his ID and says goodnight.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote word for word, something we haven't seen very often lately...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 10, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #543 (1968) - Cassandra - My curse MUST continue.'

From "Robservations 6/28/02 - #542/543 Nicholas Warns, Cassandra Plots"
If she tries to destroy Adam, HE will destroy HER, permanently-this is fair warning, says Nicholas. He heads upstairs and she gazes after him, pissed off. Just find Adam, she says to herself, and she'll find a way to outwit Nicholas and destroy Adam--her curse must continue. Cassandra faces Barnabas' portrait--nothing can prevent it from reaching Barnabas-nothing! she vows.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

And this is not only the second quote from this ep but the second from this scene. The first (Nicholas - 'He will not be destroyed. Adam MUST live') was back on September 23rd.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2021, 10:13:36 PM »
Wonderful Cassandra photo! Our favorite Witch!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 11, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »
 [pointing-up]  And here it is for anyone who might have missed it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 12, 2021, 04:48:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #734 (1897) - Gregory - 'One MUST NOT give in to these petty weaknesses.'

From "Robservations 11/20/02 - #734-735 - Jamison Escapes the Closet; Worthington Burns"
Trask observes, you weren't at dinner tonight--Charity was upset.  I haven't been feeling well, says Tim, give her my apologies.  One must not give in to these weaknesses, advises Trask--I trust you feel strong enough to go to Collinwood--Mrs. Trask has come back with unsettling news.  Do they want to send the children back? asks Tim eagerly.  No, says Trask, Rachel has decided not to return. Tim looks pleased.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well...

One thing that's almost too unbelievable for words is the following exchange between Trask and Tim (Robin's comment is dead on):
Trask orders Jamison to go to his room and study.  Left alone, Trask tells Tim, that boy needs discipline--he shall have it!--you aren't being lenient, are you?  No, says Tim.  Guard against that tendency, warns Trask--children are animals, they can be taught, but not by talking, but through fear.  (Sweet guy--who's really an animal here?!)

I'd completely forgotten about that belief of Gregory's and was floored when I saw/heard it!! Gregory Trask and John Yaeger would have gotten along very well if in some warp of time they'd ever met up...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 12, 2021, 11:40:07 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #678 (1969) - Barnabas - 'There's something I MUST do-- something which may prove most interesting.'

From "Robservations 10/7/02 - #678/679 - Maggie Follows David Into Quentin's Lair"
Julia says, we know what's in the whiskey. Chris asks what was in the booze that got him sick. Julia and Barn exchange glances; Barnabas tells him to be completely honest. Julia tells him the whiskey was poisoned, which stuns Chris. Who put it there? asks Barnabas. Chris assures them he's considered suicide, but I now have both of you to help me--this isn't the time to do it--I never left the house, nor was anyone else there. Then Chris remembers--David, but he wouldn't have done this--the boy was here for a short while about 6 AM--he stayed right with me the whole time. Barnabas finds this startling. Chris calls David a good kid who's been nice to Amy. Barnabas tells Julia he must do something that might prove most interesting. Julia will stay with Chris.
[/spoiler]

Again the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep, the first time there have been four "MUST" quotes from the same ep. The first (David - 'You MUSTN'T hurt him') was back on May 6th, the second (Beth - 'You MUST NOT TELL him. You MUST NOT TELL him about me') was back on June 17th, and the third (Beth - 'But Quentin had made up his mind that Chris MUST die. That Chris MUST die! That Chris MUST die!!') was back on December 7th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 13, 2021, 04:14:08 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1126 (1840) - Lamar - 'I tell you we MUST continue! We MUST discover the evil!!'

From "#1125/1126: Robservations 09/29/03: A Headless Body; a Jeweled Mask"
We must continue with the seance, insists Trask--we must discover the evil.  I'm sorry, says Gerard, it is all over, it's too late!
[/spoiler]

The Robservations adds a reference to the seance that isn't part of the actual quote and it doesn't include Lamar starting off what he says with "I tell you". But other than all that the quote is referenced fairly well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Lamar - 'My father's last remains MUST be found!') was back on May 21st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 14, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #106 (1966) - Sheriff Patterson - 'Well then whoever it was that was trying to get into your room MUST have had a key.'

From "#0105/0106: Robservations 08/03/01: Caught Pen in Hand!"
Roger found out that I knew about the pen, explains Vicki, Carolyn told him--then he came to me and told me his version of what happened that night--that he had been at Lookout Point that night, but had nothing to do with Bill Malloy's death--he said that when he got there, he saw Mr. Malloy, but he was already dead. Did you believe him? asks Patterson. I wanted to believe him, says Vicki, I didn't know what I believed until...things started happening to me--first of all, someone tried to get into my room in the middle of the night. Who? he asks. I don't know, she says, I remember being woken up in the middle of the night hearing footsteps outside in the hall--they stopped outside my door, then my door started to open--I had locked that door! You're positive of that? he asks. Yes I am, she says, I remember locking it--I was terrified. Then whoever it was trying to get into your room must have had a key, says Patterson. I suppose so, she says, locked doors do not open by themselves.!
[/spoiler]

While not word for word, the Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 15, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1013 (1970PT) - Quentin - 'I have to give you the benefit of the doubt, don't I? But you MUST admit that your arriving here at this particular time is an amazing coincidence.'

From "#1012/1013: Robservations 07/09/03: Stranger in a Sea of Familiar Faces"
Are you the same Barnabas those people are talking about? demands Quentin. No, I'm not, replies Barnabas. I've only known you a few hours, points out Quentin--how do I know whether or not you're telling me the truth? If I were that man, why would I lie about it? asks Barnabas--why not just admit it? For a very good reason, says Quentin--the Barnabas they're talking about has lived under a curse. What kind of curse? asks Barnabas. I don't know, says Quentin, but if you are that Barnabas, there's a very good reason for you to be afraid to reveal yourself. I can only reassure you I'm not the man you think I am, says Barnabas--you will simply have to take my word for it. Very well, says Quentin, smiling insincerely, I have to give you the benefit of the doubt, don't I?--you must admit your arrival here now at this time is an amazing coincidence. I can't dispute that, says Barnabas--thank you for understanding.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations changes the phrasing here and there but it does reference the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 16, 2021, 06:16:46 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #144 (1967) - Lt. Riley - 'You MUST have seen another locket.'

From "#0144/0145: Robservations 08/29/01: Lying Locket, Vicki and Frank"
I know it sounds strange, says Vicki to Liz, as they and Lt. Riley gaze down at the locket with a photo of David on one side and a lock of hair on the other, but I know that locket was on Mrs. Collins the day she moved into Matthew's cottage. That's impossible, says Liz. You must have seen another locket, says Lt. Riley, this one was found in the rubble of a burned out Phoenix apartment house only last week. Then there must be another one just like that, insists Vicki. There isn't another just like it unless Mr. Collins had a copy made of it, says Liz. What was David's hair doing in this one if she said it was in the locket she was wearing? asks Vicki, upset. You must have misunderstood her, says Liz, that's the only way I can account for it. I guess so, says Vicki, unconvinced.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 17, 2021, 04:28:30 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #897 (1970) - Jenny's Ghost - 'I cannot help you but he can. You MUST find him!'

From "Robservations 4/17/03 - #897-898 - Terror For Megan; David, Book-Keeper"
Cottage - Chris, having written a letter to Carolyn, slips it into an envelope and leaves it on the mantel above the fireplace.  He takes the gun into his hand. Hearing a woman sobbing, he demands, who's in this room?  It's crazy Jenny, hair a total mess.  You must not do it, she insists. What are you talking about? asks Chris.  You must not die while there is hope, she says. Who are you? he demands. I cannot help you, she says in a hoarse whisper, but HE can!--you must find him!  Find who? asks Chris.
Quentin Collins, she says, and disappears.  Wait! Chris calls, but all he hears is her voice, repeating over and over, "Quentin Collins!"
[/spoiler]

Again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 17, 2021, 08:16:17 PM »
It struck me as a bit odd that Jenny appeared to Chris in her mad woman guise when she appeared quite differently when her ghost appeared to Quentin and Magda in 1897. Maybe because Marie Wallace was playing Megan in the same episode?
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2021, 05:02:17 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #300 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Unfortunately we MUST trust each other. Neither one of us has any other choice.'

From "#0299/0300: Robservations 01/03/02: Mrs. Burke Devlin?"
He tries to sidestep around her accusation that he paid Vicki a visit the night before, but he defensively claims he only wanted to LOOK at her.
Bull, says Julia, I know what you are and what you REALLY wanted. He doesn't like taking orders from her, but she says no Vicki if he wants a normal life. She expresses fear that she can't trust him, and he points out they must trust each other; they have no other choice. A really good scene.
[/spoiler]

Another perfect reference in the Robservations to the quote...

Can you imagine if Julia really did say in as many words that Barnabas' story about being in Vicki's room was bullshit!  [snow_wink]  Though we know the '60s censors would have never allowed it. I doubt the NBC censors would have even allowed it in the '91 Series...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas: 'Burke Devlin MUST die!') was back on April 1st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 19, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #796 (1897) - Aristede - 'Oh, one MUST look one's best at all important moments. And this is an important moment.'

From "Robservations 1/5/03 - #796/797 - Quentin's Bacon is Saved; Another Curse"
Aristede admires himself in a mirror as the pendulum comes closer to unmanning Quentin.  "One must look one's best at all important moments," says Aristede, his back is to Quentin, who has managed to free his left hand from the ropes.  "As your emissary, I'm sure you want me to be at my best."  It's time for me to go for Angelique's answer, says Aristede.  The pendulum is now about two inches from target.  Aristede jovially asks Quentin, are you a gambling man?--I want to make a wager--"Aww, you don't think it's in the best of taste--you may be right," agrees Aristede--"I'll see you again."
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the first part of the quote pretty much perfectly but doesn't reference the second part at all...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2021, 06:38:06 PM »
When it comes to yesterday's screen cap, it was a wonder that Aristede was ever able to pull himself away from -

- looking at himself in that mirror.  [snow_wink] [snow_laugh]