Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 115981 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2021, 06:12:31 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1092 (1970) - Julia - 'On October 14, 1839, the original Quentin wrote: "Tonight I do what I dread-- I MUST GO and see G at the cottage." G MUST mean Gerard, and the cottage MUST mean Rose Cottage-- Gerard MUST have lived there.'

From "#1091/1092: Robservations 09/04/03: Carolyn Finds the Playroom"
Julia gets excited--listen, she says, and reads from the book, "On October 14th, 1839, the original Quentin wrote, “Tonight I do what I dread--I must go and see G at the cottage." G must mean Gerard, says Julia and the cottage must mean Rose Cottage--Gerard must have lived there. Yes, says Barn, and it also could be the cottage on the estate. If we only knew what Gerard's connection with the family was, says Julia--and he wasn't a servant, he wouldn't be living here--the original Quentin's diary doesn't mention him as a friend--I'll go to town tomorrow and check the real estate records again--I am sure, of all the clues, Rose Cottage seems to be the most important. I'm not sure it is, says Barnabas--the murder fascinates me--you'd think there would be some record of it in one of the diaries, but there hasn't been. If we learn about Rose Cottage, says Julia, we'll know about the murder, too, I don't know why I feel so strongly about it, but I do.
[/spoiler]

Again the Robservations references the quote perfectly - and it's the very first quadruple "MUST" quote. Perhaps even the only such quote we'll see...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2021, 09:17:30 PM »
Great post, as always, MB. The Robservations made me wonder what might have happened if Barnabas had also bitten Maggie. Would she have revealed who the mystery vampire was? Would Barnabas have had the same power over her as he did earlier? It would have given Frid and KLS (and Wandrey, if the Roxanne reveal came earlier) something interesting to play. And it would have been a twist that the show had never done before.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Oh, I like that idea a lot! It's too bad you weren't writing the show.  [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2021, 04:20:43 PM »
The reason why two recent days were missing in the slideshow is because I had a quite unexpected health issue and I needed to have it treated at a hospital and they kept me there two days to make sure things were fully dealt with. And if there was at least one upside, I found out I don't have Coronavirus. Not that I thought I did, but where I live cases are currently raging. They gave me a rapid covid test so that if I was fine they could put me in what they termed the "clear" section of the hospital and thankfully that's where I went. In fact, I was practically completely clear of any other patients because my room was at the end of a corridor and as quiet as it could be. I barely had contact with anyone who didn't need to check my vitals or serve me food. And honestly, it was almost like a vacation because I was completely waited on.  [snow_wink]  But now I'm back to reality where I have to do everything for myself again.  [snow_cheesy]

The slideshow entry that would have shown up on the 11th will be posted right after I get the capture for it...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2021, 05:01:29 PM »
I'm sorry that you had to go into the hospital but I'm very relieved that everything worked out.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1116 (1840) - Gerard - 'Now Samantha, you MUST STAY here and take care of yourself. Everything will be all right once we find her.'

From "#1115/1116: Robservations 09/22/03: Roxanne in Love"
Collinwood - Samantha sits on the sofa, sniffing smelling salts.  She tells the pacing Gerard, you shouldn't worry about me--you've got to go to the police.  Yes, he says, I'll help the police search the grounds--you must stay here and take care of yourself, everything will be all right as soon as we find her.  He leaves.  Sam leans back with the smelling salts.
[/spoiler]

And again the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the capture for it:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2021, 05:18:41 PM »
I'm very relieved that everything worked out.

Thanks. Everything definitely worked out, and my stay was almost enjoyable. Everyone who stays in a hospital should be as lucky as it to be as pleasant. And another upside was that it was a nice change of scenery. Not that I don't leave my house, but these days I only do so a few times a month and only to do necessary errands like buying food...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 13, 2021, 08:02:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1221 (1841PT) - Catherine - 'Morgan, the lottery has been held. We agreed on the move beforehand. I MUST GO into the room.'

From "#1220/1221: Robservations 12/23/03: Morgan's Sacrifice"
The lottery has been held, she says, we agreed on the rules beforehand, I must go into the room.  Oh, but darling, he objects, hugging her, it isn't fair!--we've only been married such a short time--you don't understand, one thing or another may happen to you--you may die or go insane--I can't bear the thought of that, and won't let it happen to you--I want to take your place.  The family would never allow it, she insists.  He rises from the sofa--I'll order a carriage, he says, we can be gone long before dusk.  What are you saying? she demands.  I'm going to take you away from here--as far as it will go.  Do you think that will solve anything? she asks.  If it will keep you out of the room, I'm willing to do it, yes, he says.  This family has believed in this curse for a very long time, she says, and they all say that you can't run from it--it will find you wherever you go.
[/spoiler]

And the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the capture for it:

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 13, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
MB, I am so relieved you are OK! And that feels truly miraculous that you had a quiet room and mostly pleasant stay in the hospital. Great as well that you got a clean bill of health on Corona. I have to take a rapid test weekly because I'm working on site (in a huge building, usually with only 2 or 3 other people on the same floor as me).

Today's shot of Liz is gorgeous! Thank you so much for your diligent efforts.

Best wishes for a smooth, comfortable convalescence,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 13, 2021, 11:32:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #51 (1966) - Liz - 'I suppose we have to expect that if Mr. Malloy DOESN'T COME back soon. He MUST have known his absence would cause people to wonder.'

From "#0051/0052: Robservations 06/22/01: Dead Man Body Surfing"
Matthew sips tea or coffee in his cottage. He has just turned off the light when Liz comes to the door. He invites her in and turns the light back on. Is there something wrong? he asks. I don't know, she says, is there? Not that I know of, he says. She sits in a rocking chair and says it seems odd--Carolyn and Miss Winters were so positive. It's tricky light, says Matthew, at first glance, I thought I saw what they were taking about--even with the flashlight, I couldn't tell from the top of the hill--that's why I went all the way down--t'wasn't easy, not knowing what I'd find there. What did you expect to find? asks Liz. To tell you the truth, says Matthew, I expected to find Mr. Malloy. Liz sits up in he chair--why? she asks. His disappearance isn't exactly a family secret, says Matthew, siting across from her--he has lots of friends in Collinsport--all of them wondering. What are they saying? she asks. Not much of anything, just wondering, says Matthew. Don't they simply assume he's away on business? asks Liz. No, says Matthew, they don't, he was a man of habits--one of them was to drive into Bangor in his own car, yet it's sitting in front of his house. Where do you imagine he might have gone? asks Liz. I couldn't say, says Matthew. It doesn't make sense, she says, he was looking into something very important for me--he wouldn't just walk off without saying anything. No, he wouldn't, agrees Matthew. Then what do you think what has happened to him? she asks. I'd like to know that myself, he says, I'd like to find out before they start making a lot of inquiries at the house, tromping on the grounds and takin' pictures and messing around with things that don't concern them. I suppose we have to expect that if Mr. Malloy doesn't come back soon, says Liz--he must have known his absence would cause people to wonder--why do you suppose he's staying away like this? Maybe he was kept away by something he couldn't help, suggests Matthew. Maybe, says Liz--would you mind very much showing me what it was you saw, so I can at least get rid of Carolyn's fears? He goes to find the flashlight and they leave the cottage.
[/spoiler]

And the Robservations references the quote perfectly

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2021, 12:10:10 AM »
MB, I am so relieved you are OK! And that feels truly miraculous that you had a quiet room and mostly pleasant stay in the hospital. Great as well that you got a clean bill of health on Corona.

No one is more surprised that my hospital stay was so pleasant than I am. I really lucked out by getting the "clear" section of the hospital and the room that I did.

I have to take a rapid test weekly because I'm working on site (in a huge building, usually with only 2 or 3 other people on the same floor as me).

What may have surprised me more than my stay was how the rapid test felt. They warned me that many people find it quite unpleasant but I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe that's because they built it up so much that when I did feel it I didn't think it was as terrible as they made it sound. But better it work out that way...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »
MB, sorry about your health issue, but glad it came out the right way!!  And nice that your hospital stay was "pleasant"!! 

I thought the rapid test wasn't too reliable, so I'm surprised a hospital would use that to determine being in the "clear" section.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »
Today's shot of Liz is gorgeous!

And here it is for those who may have missed it:

I tried to capture Liz when she looked like she was really trying to figure out why Bill was so incommunicado?

For reasons that aren't apparent at the time, the best part of that scene is the Matthew part of it.  [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2021, 04:26:27 PM »
I thought the rapid test wasn't too reliable, so I'm surprised a hospital would use that to determine being in the "clear" section.

(There are a few different rapid tests now, some much more reliable than others. The hospital didn't administer the saliva test, it was the full swab the nose version. That's why they tried to warn me about how unpleasant it could be.)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2021, 07:42:30 PM »
Today's capture of Barnabas and Maggie is really good. I don't feel it's ever been really emphasized just how transgressive that storyline was in 1967. Maybe daytime writers don't think that much about it because kidnapping storylines became so popular later, I guess from the 1970s onwards. I've often wondered if DC or the writers deciding to put Maggie through yet another kidnapping storyline in PT 1970 influenced KLS's decision to leave.

I read on a social media group a few months ago about a kidnapping storyline (maybe from a 1980s or 1990s soap opera) where this woman was buried alive but in a coffin with HVAC. The kidnapper, some madwoman (sorry can't recall the soap) would visit her periodically to gloat about how she was taking the woman's man and other possessions away from her. Sounded really whacky. I believe the victim was eventually released, no doubt with hair, eyeliner and lipstick flawlessly styled.

G.