Author Topic: #1115/1116: Robservations 09/22/03: Roxanne in Love  (Read 1317 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1115/1116: Robservations 09/22/03: Roxanne in Love
« on: September 21, 2003, 12:13:31 PM »
1115 - Barnabas anxiously watches the sleeping Roxanne, whom he has placed on her bed.  She opens her eyes and gazes at him, smiling.  Oh, I've never felt this way before, she says dreamily--it's such a strange feeling.  I'm sorry, he says, ashamed.  (as if he'd taken her virginity).  She cups his face in her hands--why? she asks--you said you would come back to me, and you did.  It was wrong of me, he says, I should have resisted the temptation to see you.  All I want is for you to be with me, she says, drawing him close for a kiss--I'm part of your life now, and you are part of mine.  You will soon learn, he says, that I can communicate with you without being near you--I will come for you tomorrow evening at dusk--and we will be together again.  They kiss, passionately.

Gabriel wheels himself into the drawing room and covertly watches Samantha, who is sitting by the fireplace.  A hundred dollars says I can read your thoughts, he says, startling her.  They are my own concern, I don't wish to share them with you, she says haughtily.  But I want to show you my ability as a mind reader, he says--Gerard did it quite well.  Go to bed, Gabriel, says Samantha, nastily dismissing him.  I think you are contemplating what life would be like without Quentin, how unfair it is to be widowed so young--what will you do?--what does life hold?--when will the loneliness end?  Infuriated, she rises--why this sudden concern about me? she asks bitterly.  We are one big family, he assures her, you don't need to worry about the future--we'll all take very good care of you.  Don't you have it slightly backwards? she demands imperiously--it is I who will take care of you--and your wife--providing you both behave yourselves and don't try my patience.  (Does this seem like a very mean thing to say, even if deserved?)  As long as Father is alive, there is a chance for the will to be changed, he says.  You already tried that, she reminds him, it didn't work--even in his present state, he knows enough not to leave his empire to a man who's enjoyed being a cripple all his life!  You watch your tongue! he warns.  You watch yours! she counters--I know where the nerve ends are, Gabriel, and I know how to get to them--this is my house, I'll suffer your presence in it--only as long as you stay in your place!  (He has been angrily squeezing the ball during her speech.)  When finishes her bitchy speech, he wheels himself out without another word.  Gerard, smiling, stands outside in the foyer, watching him leave, then joins Samantha.  You've been under a tremendous strain, he says, and your brother-in-law doesn't seem to help matters--"Am I correct?"  Don't start reading my mind, too, says Samantha.   I see, he says, has Gabriel taken to reading minds now?  No, it's just his way of trying to make me miserable, she says.  Gerard closes the doors--you'll find my readings far more relevant and accurate, he promises--you really should admit the strain you feel--"Only then will you learn to cope with it."  He sits beside her--it's Tad, isn't it?--you really can't accept the fact that he's gone forever?  She nods--no, she says, I suppose you're right.  She takes out Tad's letter--I've read this a thousand times, she says--it was the last thing he wrote me.  Yes, I remember him well, says Gerard--sitting on the deck, writing--he talked a lot about you, about the love he had for you, and his longing to see you again.  Oh, God, I wish he were back so! she cries.  I'm sorry, he says, I shouldn't have said that--forgive me.  No, she says, I want to hear everything he said, I want you to tell me.  Actually, it was Quentin who spoke about you the most, says Gerard, he made me feel as if I'd known you almost forever--I want to help you.  You don't know how I'd like to start over again, she says intensely, but I don't know where to begin.
I do, he says, gazing at her lustily, and leans in to kiss her, hard.  She allows it for a moment, then pulls away--I shouldn't have done that, she says.  Why not? he asks.  What about your loyalty to Quentin's memory? she asks.  Quentin is gone, he says, my loyalty has gone with him--and so has yours, Samantha.  Gabriel wheels in--Samantha, is it permissible for me to come into the drawing room? he asks sarcastically.  I have nothing further to say to you tonight, Gabriel, she says.  Gerard hands her back Tad's letter.   Samantha leaves the room, wishing only Gerard good night.  Gabriel, I would like to retire, too, says Gerard.  Gabriel refuses to excuse him.  You and I are going to have a talk--"Mr. Miller!" crows Gabriel. Gerard looks at him, taken aback.

What name did you just call me? demands Gerard.  I called you by your rightful name, says Gabriel--Ivan Miller, isn't that it?--he glances through some papers sitting in his lap--but you didn't change your name to Gerard Stiles until about 10 years ago--in London.  What do you have there? Gerard asks, unnerved.  The complete, unabridged record of your rather infamous past, reveals Gabriel--I really don't know where to begin, it's all so fascinating and so incriminating--you really aren't a very nice person.   Just where did you get that? asks Gerard.  Gabriel reads from the report--embezzling in Paris, gun-running in Sicily, smuggling in North Africa--held on suspicion of murder by the Portuguese--about that last item--did you really murder the woman in question?  If your report is correct, you will read that the charges were dropped and I was released, says Gerard.  But only because the body disappeared mysteriously, points out Gabriel.  Why don't you come to the point? asks Gerard.  Really, I paid so much money for these, says Gabriel, let me savor them a little bit longer.  He rifles through the pages--the other item that intrigued me was your interest in the occult, says Gabriel--"The black arts seem to have served you quite well."  Gerard tries to snatch the papers out of Gabriel's lap, but the latter grabs his arm in a grip of iron--"I have a surprise for you, Mr. Miller," says Gabriel, forcing him to his knees, painfully twisting his arm.  Have you had enough? asks Gabriel.  Yes, let go! cries Gerard, in agony.  Gabriel releases him, deliberately drops the papers on the floor and says, if you really want the paperwork, you can have it--"Pick it up--it's yours!"  Gerard scrambles to retrieve the report--"At least the copy is," adds Gabriel.  Gerard, on his knees, looks at him.  There is another in my safe deposit box, says Gabriel, in the Collinsport Bank.  I see, says Gerard--and if anything should happen to you, it will fall into the hands of the police.  Precisely, agrees Gabriel--now, shall we talk?  I can't believe you've taken all this trouble to get me out of Collinwood, says Gerard.  You're quite right, I haven't, says Gerard--you're a man of rather extraordinary, if dubious, talents--I plan to use them right away.  Rubbing his aching wrist, Gerard says, that all depends on what you want of me, and whether I'll do it.  You don't really have a choice in the matter, Mr. Miller, points out Gabriel.  Gerard chuckles--I do, he says--I can always leave Collinwood voluntarily.  You could, but you'll gain more by staying, says Gabriel.  By becoming a slave to you? asks Gerard--no thank you.  Very well, Mr. Miller, says Gabriel--if you do not accept my offer, then leave--you may get quite far before I contact the police--go on, Mr. Miller.  Make your offer, says Gerard.  My offer will come under the heading of rewards, says Gabriel--we will discuss that later--first, you will get me a large quantity of arsenic--can you arrange that?  Possibly, answers Gerard.  When? asks Gabriel.  Tomorrow, says Gerard--what, may I ask, do you want with such a large quantity of arsenic?  First we must establish some ground rules, says Gabriel, the first being that you do not ask questions, you just get the arsenic for me.

Roxanne awakens to sunlight and turns away from the window.  She rises from bed and closes the curtains, darkening her room.  She touches the spot on her throat where Barnabas sucked her blood.  When Samantha knocks on her door, Rox quickly buttons up her nightgown to hide the giant hickeys.  Just a minute, she says, turning on a lamp.  She opens the door.  Samantha bids her good morning--were you expecting a highwayman?--you never used to lock your doors.  Roxanne smiles--I guess I did it without thinking, she says.  You also never used to sleep so late, points out Samantha, pointing to the unmade bed--are you still upset about last night?  Last night--what do you mean? asks Roxanne.  Your scene with Lamar, her sister reminds her--you were worried about how you were going to deal with father when he got back.  Roxanne grins and says, oh, yes, what difference does it make?--I will simply refuse to see Lamar and that will be that.  Well, smiles Samantha, you're certainly more optimistic than you were this morning--it's so dark in here, why don't I open the drapes?  She starts to do so.  I want to keep them closed, insists Roxanne.  You are still upset about something, insists Sam, looking at her sister carefully--tell me what it is.  Nothing at all, Roxanne assures her.  Samantha touches her face--are you feeling ill? she asks--"You look so pale!"  Please, says Roxanne, walking away from her sister, there's nothing wrong with me.  I know better than that, says Samantha, turning on a light that illuminates her sister's face--you're not yourself this morning--darling, we've always been able to talk to each other, please tell me what's troubling you.  Dreamily, Rox says, I'm not troubled by anything.
Then I guessed correctly last night, didn't I? asks Sam--when I asked if you turned down Lamar Trask because of another man--Roxanne, there IS another man, I can tell.  Yes, there is, admits Roxanne.  Are you in love with him? queries Sam.  Oh, yes, says Roxanne happily.  Samantha hugs her--I'm so happy for you!--please, tell me all about him.  One day soon, perhaps I'll be able to tell you all about him, promises Roxanne, but right now I can't--please try to understand.  Samantha, disappointed, doesn't respond.

Gabriel squeezes his ball.  Gerard enters.  Close the doors, orders Gabriel.  After doing so, Gerard shows him a packet of enough arsenic--enough for you to kill an entire army.  Oh, no, I'm not going to kill anyone, says Gabriel--my friend, YOU are.  Just a minute, says Gerard, angry.  Come, come, we're not going to be squeamish about this, are we? asks Gabriel.  If you want to dispose of somebody, says Gerard, there's enough in this package to do it--why won't you do it yourself?  Because, responds Gabriel, I wish to remain above suspicion--it's as simple as that.  I see, says Gerard.  Now I want the death of this person to come about slowly, explains Gabriel, I want it done with great skill, which I'm sure you have--I don't want the cause of death to be known.  (His hair is so pretty!)  Then I would suggest you not use arsenic, suggests Gerard.  I chose arsenic for a reason, says Gabriel--there is a great deal of suffering.  Suffering that you will enjoy watching, guesses Gerard, yet showing much concern.  Yes, indeed, agrees Gabriel.  May I ask who this unfortunate victim is to be? says Gerard.  Hearing the front door slam, Gabriel checks his pocket watch--your timing is excellent, he says--the first person who comes through that door is your victim.  Gerard turns to look.  Samantha enters and innocently appraises them.
Noting Gerard's upset face, Samantha asks, what's wrong?  Nothing, he says.  If my brother in law is disturbing you, she begins.  We were having a friendly conversation, interrupts Gabriel, until you interrupted.  You have such a short memory, Gabriel, smiles Samantha--I go where I please--now you may continue your friendly conversation.  She exits.  Gerard quickly closes the doors--Gabriel, he says, you're out of your mind.  Don't tell me you're surprised, hisses Gabriel, she is the logical victim, isn't she?  There must be another way to get the family money! insists Gerard.  There isn't, insists Gabriel, I've tried to reason with Father, but his mind is too far deteriorated--Samantha hates me, she always has--as long as she is alive, my days are numbered in this house, and the only solution is to dispose of her--are you still with me or not?  I need time to think, says Gerard, slapping his head with his hands.  I don't have time--I want your answer! says Gabriel.  If I work with you, asks Gerard, what do I gain out of it?  10 percent of the Collins estate, says Gabriel.  It's not yours to give, Gerard reminds him.  After Samantha dies, it's mine! says Gabriel, pointing to himself, his eyes huge in his face.  Are you telling me you're planning to kill your father, also? demands Gerard.  In his state of health, he won't last much longer, points out Gabriel.  Gerard, licking his lips thoughtfully, considers it--10 percent of the Collins estate...  It's a considerable sum of money, says Gabriel.  We have a deal, agrees Gerard.  Grinning, Gabriel hands Gerard back the deadly packet of arsenic.

Barnabas rises from his coffin and writes Ben a note: "I beg you to forgive me for what I am about to do--I do it because I am unable to endure the loneliness of this life any longer.  I pray that in time you will understand"--he signs his name.  Barnabas blows out the candle and leaves the secret room.  He goes to the gazebo, turns, and calls to Roxanne:  "You will hear the sound of my voice in your mind, and you will respond to it--the time is now!"

Lying in bed, Roxanne opens her eyes and, in her mind, hears him summoning her to the gazebo near Collinwood--I need you, Roxanne!--we shall be together as I promised.  She rises from bed and slips on her robe.  At the gazebo, Barnabas awaits her, and opens his arms when he sees her coming to him.  She floats into his embrace.  "I want you with me always," he says.  "I will do anything you ask of me," she vows passionately.  "There is a way for us to be together through all eternity," he says--"are you willing to take that way?"  "I am willing to die for you," she assures him.  "Then we shall be together," he promises--"don't be afraid, Roxanne."  "I'm not, Barnabas," she whispers, opening her collar to expose her throat--"I'm not!"
He buries his face in her throat and feeds on her blood, withdrawing so much, she faints.  He eases her down on the floor of the gazebo and says, "Tomorrow, you will be dead--but be unafraid of death--for beyond it there is a life you never dreamed of knowing--a life for the two of us.  Tomorrow they will find you here, and they will grieve--but tomorrow night, you will be mine again."  He leaves.

NOTES:  Why Barnabas would want to leave Roxanne lying there, where she might be found before she's too far gone, seems kind of peculiar.  Then again, I know what is to happen next, and that colors my view.  You would think he would want to take her back to the secret room and let her die there, where there is no hope of her being saved.  Their last scene was creepy, yes, but erotic, too.  These two people fell in love very quickly.  Samantha is puzzled by her sister's refusal to share this with her, and probably thinks Rox might be in love with a married man.

It always struck me as romantic--and odd--when Barnabas kissed Roxanne on the lips, as well as taking blood from her throat.  They always seemed to keep his kisses relegated to the neck, so watching him passionately kiss her mouth surprised and pleased me, giving me a little tingle of anticipation.  While the Roxanne of 1970PT was annoying, this one is fiery, not taking any crap from anyone.  I like that about her, and the instant attraction between her and Barnabas seemed believable, not forced, as in 1970PT when he fell in love with a comatose girl.  Roxanne seems older here, not the child she was in PT, and a better match for Barnabas.  This is definitely heat here, IMHO.

Gabriel dug up quite a lot of dirt on Gerard Stiles, which, as it turns out, isn't even his real name!  Possible murder, plus all those other crimes--was he guilty or innocent?  One senses the former.  He isn't the type who likes being forced against a wall, and he could possibly get the arsenic turn the tables and drop it into Gabriel's hot cocoa, then break into the bank and steal the incriminating papers.  Gabriel is an SOB and he had better watch his step!

Right now, determined to kill his sister in law, Gabriel seems more of a villain than Gerard--but Gerard has willingly accepted the assignment, so he isn't any too nice, either.  Interesting, in any case.

1116 - Collinwood - Samantha, impatient, anxious, sits, then stands.  Julia enters, hangs up her cloak and joins Samantha.  I was looking for you earlier, says Samantha--I understand you spoke to my sister, Roxanne, tonight.  Yes, says Julia, I found her charming.  You didn't notice anything strange about her behavior--that she seemed vague, distracted? asks Sam.  Not at all, says Julia, why?  I saw her this afternoon and she wasn't herself at all; it was as though she barely knew who I was, says Samantha.  Perhaps she didn't feel well, suggests Julia.  No, says Sam--I had a feeling it was more than that--her bedroom was almost completely dark, and when I went to open the drapes, she became alarmed--said the sun hurt her eyes.  This registers with Julia, who says, "I see."  I'm sorry for burdening you with my troubles, says Samantha.  You weren't, says Julia.  Perhaps I'm just being overly concerned, says Sam.  I don't think so, Julia says--tell me, did you notice anything else unusual?  As a matter of fact, I was disturbed by something she wouldn't say--she admitted there was somebody new in her life, and that she was in love with him, but wouldn't tell me who it was
--but it surprised me because she's never kept anything from me before. Julia shakes her head, realizing, what I feared has already happened.

4:30 - Barnabas enters Collinwood, a note in his hand.  He places it on the foyer table, looks surreptitiously around, and leaves the house.

Next day - Gerard surveys the packet of arsenic and thinks to himself, Gabriel is a fool, wanting to kill her slowly--one good dose of this, and she'd be dead in an hour!  Samantha comes in carrying a tray of coffee.  He greets her.  She offers him coffee.  He accepts, hiding the package of arsenic behind his back.

On the landing, Ben asks Julia, do you really think Mr. Barnabas has found Roxanne?  What Samantha said made it sound as if he had, says Julia--I'm going to the Old House.  We already looked there, Ben reminds her.  It's worth looking again, insists Julia, her voice ragged--"We've got to find him!"

Drawing room - Samantha sips her coffee.  Are you still worried about Roxanne? asks Gerard.  Yes, she replies.  People in love usually do act a little differently, he says--her behavior is quite understandable.  I don't think so, says Sam, going to stand by the fire.  Gerard looks down at her now-vulnerable cup of coffee and has the packet ready when Julia comes in.  Coffee? offers Samantha.  No, thank you, says Julia, I'm going to the Old House for a stroll--I've heard so much about it.  Enjoy your stroll, says Samantha.  Julia leaves.  Samantha picks up her coffee cup--I like Julia, don't you? she asks?  She seems nice enough, hedges Gerard.  Sam, about to sip her coffee, says, I can't understand why none of the Collinses have ever heard of her.  Ben enters--will you be needing anything? he asks her.  No, she says, I don't think so--oh, Ben, someone left a note for you on the foyer table.  Ben opens Barnabas' note, reads it, and looks very perturbed.  Did you find it? asks Samantha.  Aye, he says, and hurries out the front door, Gerard watching him make a hurried exit.

Old House - Sheets cover the furniture - Ben reads Barnabas' note to Julia--do you think he's going to try to do to Roxanne what he did to Miss Josette? he asks.  Yes, says Julia despairingly, and our only hope is to find Roxanne before it's too late.

I'm going to get one of the servants to clear the coffee away, Sam tells Gerard.  He takes her arm.  Don't leave, he says--I want to talk a while.  I'm not in the mood to talk, she says.  I am, he says--mostly, about you.  Some other time, she says.  This isn't the time to put off important things, says Gerard--you are important, at least to me--you're a very troubled woman, deeply troubled, and that concerns me a great deal, because there is no reason for you to be.  He leads her to a chair.  She sits--what are you trying to say? she asks.  Give me your hand, he asks.  I beg your pardon? she demands.  No, he says, taking her hand, I want to see what the future holds for you.  What are you doing? she asks.  You didn't know I was an authority on astrology, numerology and palm reading, did you? he asks.  I don't believe in such things, she replies.  That's a pity, says Gerard, because it says here that your troubled life lies behind you.  What do you mean? she asks.  Look at your hand, he says, touching her palm intimately--the lifeline, heartline and the love line--the last two converge here, meaning that you're going to have a very successful love life
--but what is more important is your lifeline--strong and clean, although there is a very clouded area here.  Is that bad? she asks.  One might say it's just a clouded area of your life, he says--who it is or what it is is impossible to say.  Do you really take this seriously? she asks.  Yes, and you should, too, he says--perhaps this is the clouded area of your life you're going through--a thought just occurred to me--who in your life is making you the most miserable--Gabriel Collins, am I correct?--what are you going to do about it?  There's nothing I can do, says Sam.  In time, you will become the mistress of Collinwood, he says, now is the time to start planning what you'll do--doesn't that make sense?  Yes it does, she agrees, I suppose I hadn't wanted to face it, but I really must make some decision about Gabriel--at the moment, however, I still feel like being alone--I think I'll take a walk around the grounds--please excuse me.  Of course, he says.  Thank you for your concern and advice, she says.  My aim is to please you whenever I can, he says.  She leaves.  He takes out the packet and bursts into laughter.  Yes! he exults.

Gazebo - Samantha find her sister lying there, blood dripping from her throat--Roxanne, I've got to get you back to Collinwood!
--I've got to find help!  She begins to scream for help, racing away from the gazebo to find someone to help her.

Collinwood - Samantha runs in--Ben!--anyone!--somebody please answer me!  Gerard pounds downstairs--what's happened?  I found Roxanne dying at the gazebo, cries Samantha--she looks like she's been attacked by a wild animal--you must come with me!  The two of them run from the house.  When they return to the gazebo, Roxanne is gone.  She was here, I saw her! insists Sam.  Gerard kneels and rubs his fingers over a red wet spot--"Blood," he says--Samantha, control yourself--she must have gotten to he feet somehow.  Near hysteria, Samantha says, she couldn't have, she was unconscious--we've got to find her, Roxanne couldn't have been taken far.  Gerard grabs her arm--you aren't in any condition to go anyplace except back to Collinwood, he says.  She could be dying! cries Samantha desperately--you must find her.  He hustles her off the gazebo--I'm going to, he assures her.

Josette's room, Old House - Julia tends to Roxanne, daubing her wounds with water.  How is she doing? asks Ben.  She's in very serious condition, says Julia
--I'll now more when she stops bleeding.

Collinwood - Samantha sits on the sofa, sniffing smelling salts.  She tells the pacing Gerard, you shouldn't worry about me--you've got to go to the police.  Yes, he says, I'll help the police search the grounds--you must stay here and take care of yourself, everything will be all right as soon as we find her.  He leaves.  Sam leans back with the smelling salts.

Ben, the bleeding has stopped, says Julia--I must find some way to give her fresh blood.  Maybe we shouldn't have brought her here, suggests Ben--she needs a doctor.  I am a doctor, reveals Julia--I'm going to give you a list of the things I need--I don't care how or where you get them, just get them and get them before dark.  I'll do my best, promises Ben--tell me one thing--is she going to live?  I don't know, says Julia, who doesn't look hopeful.

Over Roxanne's bed hangs a bottle of blood, thick tubing leading down to Roxanne's arm.  I don't understand, says Ben--you give her some of your own blood--I never heard of anything like that (I assume Julia is the universal donor, or I sure hope so.)  How is she? he asks.  Much improved, says Julia, but the danger isn't over yet.  It will be dark soon, says Ben, Mr. Barnabas will know she's still alive and will come looking for her.  She won't survive another attack, says Julia--could you go to Collinwood for me?--her temperature could rise, and I need some alcohol.  It could take a little while, he warns--if I see anybody there, they'll want to know where I've been all day.  Just get back here as soon as you can, please, says Julia, and looks down with concern at Roxanne.

Dusk - Roxanne's throat has been bandaged (with 1970 bandages, I believe).  Julia sits watching her.  She hears the front door slam and goes down to find Gerard.  What are you doing here? she asks.  I wondered the same about you, he counters.  I saw Ben earlier this afternoon, he says, and he told me there was a lot of memorabilia of my branch of the family in the upstairs rooms here.  Have you been here all this afternoon? he asks.  Yes, there were many trunks upstairs, she says--my father was born in this house, if no one told you.  It's not that I'm doubting any reason why you're here, he says.  I'm sorry, I thought you were, she says.  You've got to get back to Collinwood immediately, he says, Roxanne Drew was attacked earlier this afternoon by some wild animal.  How dreadful, says Julia--will she be all right?  We won't know until we find her, says Gerard--she disappeared shortly after Samantha found her--I was searching with the police when I saw candlelight burning from this house.  You thought Roxanne might be here? asks Julia.  Yes, he says.  I wish I could say she was, says Julia.  I must go back to searching with the police, he says--I advise you to go back to Collinwood immediately.  Thank you, I will, very soon, she assures him.  After he leaves, Julia gazes upstairs, concerned.

Barnabas appears in Josette's room from the other door.  He stares down at her raptly, and is about to go in for a bite when Julia calls, "Barnabas!"  So, YOU brought her here! he accuses, his eyes vicious.  You must not touch her, insists Julia, please, please try to understand!  "I cannot go through eternity alone, he says, I must have someone."  It's wrong, don't you see? wails Julia, please, leave her alone.  Barnabas advances on Julia and grabs her into his arms.
"You will not interfere again!" he shouts.  He draws back, fangs bared, and is about to bury his face in her throat and attack when he abruptly stops, his face contorted.  Moaning, he covers his face with his hands, drops his cane.  Julia watches, horrified, as Barnabas sinks to the floor, unconscious.

NOTES:  Julia always has wanted to be bitten by Barnabas, but not THIS one, this cruel man who insists he wants SOMEONE to join him in eternal living.  Why did he pass out like that, and just in the nick of time, too!

Gerard continues to weave his spell over Samantha.  It's clear he wants her, but whether it's for herself or the money she will inherit is anyone's guess.  Judging by what we know so far, it's the moolah, not the woman, which attracts him.  He's putting on the charm full force.

Julia amazed Ben with her medical expertise, but weren't blood transfusions already being used in 1840, perhaps person to person via needles in their arms?  I'm not medically savvy, but perhaps someone out there is.

Will Julia save Roxanne?  Will Gerard somehow learn she's hiding Rox, and have her kicked out of Collinwood--or worse?  Will Gerard do away with Samantha or risk being done away with himself?  Did he already give her a bit o' arsenic?

Love, Robin