Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118330 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #525 on: December 06, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #133 (1967) - Laura - 'I MUST solve my own problems first. Then and only then will I be able to, to uh, deal with the other practical realities.'

From "#(0131_)0132/0133: Robservations 08/21/01: Burke and Laura"
How do you stand with Roger? asks Burke. I've asked him for a divorce and custody of David, she says. And if you get those things, what then? asks Burke. I'll make a new life for David and myself, says Laura. Let me talk about the practical realities for a moment--I came back to Collinsport to prove my innocence, he says--you're the key to that, Laura--how do you feel about that? I must solve my own problems first, she says, then and only then will I be able to deal with the other practical realities.
But they will be dealt with, won't they? asks Burke. They will, she assures him, rising--it's been very nice seeing you--I trust we'll meet again. We will, I assure you, he says. They say goodbye and she leaves. Burke sits back down, smokes, and ponders this.
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 07, 2020, 04:00:43 PM »
Fab photo of Laura tonight!

And here it is:

I love how much Laura you've been including of late.

Laura has such great quotes and both Midnite and I have been picking them.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2020, 04:10:55 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #204 (1967) - Vicki - 'You MUSTN'T get into a fight with him.'

From "#0204/0205: Robservations 10/15/01: Willie Goes Too Far"
Blue Whale - Burke is shocked to learn from Vicki that the punk they saw here the other night is staying at Collinwood, invited to stay by Liz. Vicki says she doesn't understand it, and both she and Carolyn are afraid of him. If he bothers either one of you, let me know, I'll handle it, promises Burke. Vicki tells him she believes Willie is dangerous. He knows punks like that, says Burke, a good beating is all he needs. You mustn't get into a fight with him, says Vicki, he hasn't really said anything. Then why are you afraid of him? asks Burke. The way he looks at me and Carolyn, he hasn't done anything much, Vicki begins to explain, then stops. Burke asks what's the matter. Willie has just entered the bar.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Willie - 'You MUST be Mrs. Stoddard's brother') was back on May 24th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 08, 2020, 02:02:31 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #422 (1796) - Josette - 'I don't want to be free of you--I'm yours--I MUST go with you. Not to death and darkness, but to a world of unending joy. Come, take my hand and we'll go together.'

From '#0421/0422: Robservations 04/01/02: "Lit Only By Our Love"'
The panel opens behind her and Barnabas enters.
"They tried to keep us apart, she tells him--nothing can keep us apart, ever again.  This night will fulfill all my longings."  She asks him if he's come to take her away.  Yes, he says.  Then come-let us go and never return, she says.  Never, agrees Barnabas.  Show me the way and I will follow, she murmurs.  It is a road with no return, warns Barnabas, a world of darkness.  Lit only by our love, says Josette-we will share eternity together.  Yes, eternity, agrees Barnabas.  Are you certain? He asks, it's not too late-you can still be free of me-you can have life, find love, perhaps, in the world of light and the living.  The time for questions is long past, she says-I don't want to be free of you-I'm yours-I must go with you, not to death and darkness, but to a world of unending joy-come take my hand and we will go together.  They clasp hands and enter the corridor beyond the secret panel.
[/spoiler]

And yet again the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

This ep might just contain some of the most romantic dialogue Ron Sproat ever wrote - not to mention this may just be one of the most romantic scenes he ever wrote, certainly so far as DS is concerned...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 08, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #550 (1968) - Adam - 'What do you mean I didn't exist? I MUST have existed!'

From "Robservations 7/8/02 - Adam Learns His Origins - #550/551"
what is your first memory? Barnabas, says Adam--I saw him long ago. Two months ago, that's all, says Stokes. Adam asks where he was before that, and Stokes replies, "You tell me." Adam insists he doesn't know, and he wants Stokes to tell him--where was I before, tell me! Stokes, reluctant, finally burst out, "You did not exist!--that is the truth. I only hope you are mature enough to hear it." Adam doesn't understand this--I must have existed, where did I come from? Stokes tells Adam he knows as much as he needs to know, but when Adam demands more, Stokes finally relents. "There was a man who had a unique dream," he says, "he believed he could create a human being. He believed his creation would have the strength of a lion and the mind of a genius. Two months ago, his dream became reality--an incredible experiment was performed and it was successful. The result was that you began to breathe, to live.
[/spoiler]

Well, this time the Robservations references half of the quote...

And this is also another instance where not only is this the second quote from an ep, it's the second from the same scene. The first (Adam - 'I don't mean to frighten her, you MUST TELL her that, then she'll love me') was back on June 26th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #678 (1969) - Beth - 'But Quentin had made up his mind that Chris MUST die. That Chris MUST die! That Chris MUST die!!'

From "Robservations 10/7/02 - #678/679 - Maggie Follows David Into Quentin's Lair"
Amy refuses to believe Chris is all right and runs into the cottage, where Chris is slumped over in his chair. She begs Beth to tell her he'll be all right. This time, repeats Beth, this time, but tomorrow. . .tomorrow! What will happen then? demands Amy. He will try again, says Beth. Who? asks Amy. The murderer, replies Beth--he's coming, he's coming! The door opens. "Stop him!" Beth cries. Amy sees no one there, and tries to tell that to Beth, but she's disappeared. Hearing Quentin's music, she tells Beth it's only Quentin--come back, Beth! Amy asks Quentin to show himself--did you come to see Chris?--he's all right now, she assures him. Then Amy screams.
Chris is dead in his chair, a knife protruding from his chest. David, his face swimming, tells Amy, I tried to stop Quentin, tried to tell him he's wrong--I didn't want this to happen, you've got to believe me. David begs Beth to tell Amy what he's saying, and Beth says he did try, but Quentin had made up his mind that Chris must die! Amy wakes up, screaming, staring wildly around.
[/spoiler]

This time it's another triple "MUST" quote - and once again the Robservations references the quote perfectly - well, at least the part that it includes...

And this is not only a triple "Must" quote but it's also the third quote from this ep. The first (David - 'You MUSTN'T hurt him') was back on May 6th- and the second (Beth - 'You MUST NOT TELL him. You MUST NOT TELL him about me'), which is also from this scene, was back on June 17th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 10, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #883 (1897) - Charles - 'I have a message to take to Quentin and I MUST get it to him. You see, if Quentin is not there within the hour, Charity Trask will die.'

From "Robservations 4/8/03 - #882/883 - Walking the Floor With Q; Fire!"
Barnabas answers the door at Collinwood. It's Tate. I'm glad to see you, says Barn--we have something to talk about. Not now, says Tate. I still believe the portrait of Quentin is in your possession, says Barnabas.  Charles tells him, again--I don't have it. I don't believe you, says Barnabas. Charity doesn't have a moment to spare, says Tate--she's being held hostage by Petofi. Barnabas is all set to go to her.  No, says Tate, I have a message for Quentin that I must get to him--if Quentin isn't there within the hour, Charity Trask will die.
Barnabas stares in horror.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote pretty well, though not perfectly...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 10, 2020, 09:26:05 PM »
MB!!!! What a GORGEOUS photo!!!

One of my absolute fave Hoffman moments, I MUST write to tell you how much I adore your capture of it!

It MUST be said that Hoffman MUST be one of Grayson's finest hours on DS.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 11, 2020, 12:46:53 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #898 (1969) - Mr. Prescott/Paul - 'But you MUST promise not to give it to anyone but Carolyn.'

From "Robservations 4/17/03 - #897-898 - Terror For Megan; David, Book-Keeper"
The door opens--Paul walks in, asking for Carolyn.  I haven't seen her all evening, says Philip.  Paul, anxious, asks, will you be seeing her later this evening?  David looks thoughtful. I don't know, says Philip.  I must get her a message, insists Paul. Call Collinwood, suggests Philip.  David greets "Mr. Prescott." Oh, you're David Collins, says Paul, we met the other day. Yes, agrees David, I must go home--would you like me to bring her your message? Mr. Prescott? Yes, says Paul, handing him an envelope, but you must promise not to give it to anyone but Carolyn. David promises. Tell her I'll be back in my hotel room within the hour, says Paul. OK, says David. Paul leaves after thanking Philip. Did you get the feeling he was frightened of something? David asks Philip. Yes, I did, answers the latter.
[/spoiler]

Once again the Robservations is back to referencing the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 11, 2020, 07:54:17 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #984 (1970PT) - Hoffman - 'Oh, this house needs you more than it's ever needed anyone. If there is some way for you to come back to us, please try to do it. You MUST find it, we're waiting!'

From "#0984/0985: Robservations 06/17/03: Exit the Bride!"
Hoffman, startled to find Maggie in Angelique's room, asks, were you talking to someone? Only to myself, says Maggie icily. I came to apologize, says Hoffman--I'm sorry for what happened. Maggie accepts. I want to explain why I did what I did, says Hoffman--I've been very concerned about Daniel's state of mind, and felt it imperative that you and he become friends--I guess I just forgot that Mr. Collins loved her so much...everyone loved her...who cam blame them, look at her. Maggie looks at the portrait.  She was the heart, soul and lifeblood of Collinwood, blathers Hoffman--she was that rarest among human beings, a legend in her own life.
You're a rare person yourself, says Maggie coolly--you're the only person I've ever met who could turn an apology into a testimonial.  (go, Maggie, go!!)  If you'll excuse me, adds Maggie, I have an apology of my own to make--to my husband--I was foolish to get so upset, I should have had the presence of mind to tell Quentin who was responsible for my buying that recording--well, I've make my mistakes, and will make more, but I'm learning--you bear that in mind, Hoffman--I'm learning. She leaves. Hoffman gazes up at Angelique's portrait and says, "Oh, this house needs you more than it's ever needed anyone--if there is some way for you to come back to us, please try to do it--you must find it--we're waiting!"
[/spoiler]

And yet again the Robservations is referencing the quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 12, 2020, 04:34:04 PM »
MB!!!! What a GORGEOUS photo!!!

One of my absolute fave Hoffman moments, I MUST write to tell you how much I adore your capture of it!

And here it is:

It's one of my most favorite moments, too.  [santa_thumb]

And I also love Maggie's part of the scene in which she tells Hoffman that she's a rare person because she's the only person Maggie has ever met who could turn an apology into a testimonial. Priceless! Gordon Russell was on fire when he wrote the scene.  [santa_thumb]

It MUST be said that Hoffman MUST be one of Grayson's finest hours on DS.

Agreed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 12, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1069 (1995) - Barnabas - 'There MUST be some reason why this has been locked. It was opened earlier.'

From "#1068/1069: Robservations 08/18/03: More Death"
Barnabas goes to the playroom (cool stained glass window in the hall up there). He only carries one candle now. The playroom door is locked. Julia returns with the sheriff. The door has been locked from the inside, reveals Barnabas-sheriff, I want to force the door. The sheriff, however, has some questions. Not now! insists Barn. Look here, says the sheriff, if you two were in the foyer, no one could get a body out of the drawing room, it's not possible. No one knows what's possible or impossible in this house, points out Barnabas--sheriff, you try it-there must be some reason why this is locked-it was open earlier. The door opens immediately for the sheriff, who turns to Barnabas and asks, just how much of this is your own imagination? Barnabas looks at Julia and goes into the room first. The sheriff and Julia follow."
[/spoiler]

And the Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2020, 02:46:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1127 (1840) - Desmond - 'If I destroy The Head, the body is bound to die. I MUST do it before they are reunited!'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Rose Cottage - Desmond, hatchet in hand, quietly approaches the head, thinking it he destroys that, the body is bound to die--he must do it before they are reunited.  I must do it! he tells himself, but when he opens the curtains, he finds the head gone.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references what's quoted almost perfectly, though follows it with an extra "I must do it!" that is not actually a part of the scene.  [santa_undecided]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1218 (1841PT) - Josette - 'You MUST answer that as honestly as you know how.'

From "#1218/1219: Robservations 12/22/03: Unfortunate Timing"
Old House - Josette is shocked when Bramwell tells her he proposed to Daphne.  You and Daphne Harridge? she asks.  Is that all you have to say, Mother? he asks.  No, she says, I can't say I haven't seen it coming--but do you think it's fair to the child?  Daphne's not a child, says Bramwell.  Whether she is or not, do you think it's fair? asks Josette.  So you're against it, too, says Bramwell.  The question is, says Josette, is it what you truly want?  If it weren't, I wouldn't even consider it, and you know that, says Bramwell angrily.  I know you better than any other person alive, says Josette--I know all you've been through, especially these past few weeks--and the question is one you and only you can answer--are you marrying for love or to get back at Catherine and the others at Collinwood?  (She is a practical and gutsy lady; score one for her.)  When he doesn't reply, she sternly says, you must answer that as honestly as you know how.  I do not think I'm doing anything wrong, or being unfair to anyone, states Bramwell--that's all I can tell you.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references this quote perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #195 (1967) - Liz - 'Oh, I know what you MUST have heard. You heard Vicki.'

From "#0194/0195: Robservations 10/05/01: Enter Jason McG"
No, says Carolyn, your door has a very specific creak, as do several of the floorboards in the hallway.
You must have heard Vicki, says Liz, she came to check on me a few times last night--didn't you, Vicki? Yes, I did, Vicki agrees after a moment.
[/spoiler]

Rather than reference the quote directly, the Robservations combines the two parts of the quote into one - though at least it does use the word "MUST". Though the one place where the Robservations excerpt indicates a use of "MUST" but the show doesn't use it there is after Carolyn protests that what she believed happened didn't seem like a dream and Liz actually says, "Well, it was because I didn't get out of my bed."