Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118738 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1890 on: March 13, 2024, 12:44:12 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1011 (1970PT) - Barnabas - 'I MUST have my coffin.'

From "#1010/1011: Robservations 07/08/03: Interview With a Vampire--Finis!"
Will and Carolyn lead Barnabas into the secret room behind the drawing room bookcase. In your own time, you must have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins? taunts Will--sit down. I must have my coffin, says Barnabas. You'll have it, sit down! commands Will. Barnabas sits. If you'd only let me go, laments Barnabas. Don't start that, the author warns. Will, listen to him, murmurs Carolyn. Shut up, Will says. Please listen, pleads Barnabas--you have enough of my story now. I will decide when we have enough, sneers Will. You can write your book, says Barnabas.  Oh, sure, says Will--and let you free? There's only one thing I want, says Barnabas sorrowfully--to go back to my own time, to the Collinwood I know. Let him go, Will, says Carolyn. He's got no chance of getting back, says Will. I have, says Barnabas. You don't know how to make the change, insists Will. If I could only get to that room! begs Barnabas. Hah--nothing will happen, says Will.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly. It's been more than a week since that happened...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Will - 'In your own time, you MUST have spent plenty of time in here, eh, Mr. Collins?') was back on July 19th of 2021, the second (Yaeger - 'Why MUST I become Longworth again-- go back to the same miserable life?') was back on September 9th of 2021, and the third (Yaeger - 'I MUST play it smart. I'll hide in Longworth until it is safe to walk the streets again') was back on November 9th of 2021. So that all means that Ep #1011 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #54, #66, #106, #119, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #315, #340, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #462, #466, #479, #481, #503, #506, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #644, #646, #647, #655, #678, #709, #717, #727, #734, #742, #743, #746, #750, #883, #884, #886, #889, #915, #975, #976, #977, #993, #1006, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1127, #1128, #1197, #1199, #1206, #1218 and #1232. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #44, #52, #66, #133, #208, #211, #300, #367, #377, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #629, #639, #646, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #746, #977, #993, #1057, #1111, & #1197 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #377, #384, #449, #646, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 13, 2024, 06:42:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #1078 (1970) - Barnabas - 'Well I MUST congratulate you on such a splendid acquisition.'

From "#1078/1079: Robservations 08/25/03: The Face in the Photo"
I found it in the attic, says David--is anything wrong with my having it? Of course not, says Barn, but I've never seen it before. I only found it yesterday, says David, isn't it neat?  Barnabas agrees--it's in very good condition for something that's been stored away in the attic. It was all wrapped up in paper, says David. Barnabas returns the ship to the desk--congratulations on your splendid acquisition. Thanks, says David.

Another Robservations paraphrasing...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 14, 2024, 03:12:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1129 (1840) - Barnabas - 'I'm afraid it MUST be now. The murder of that girl in the woods MUST be dealt with.'

From "#1129/1130: Robservations 10/13/03: A Certain Blond Returns"
Quentin looks very sad and defeated.  He pours himself a drink.  Barnabas enters the drawing room and says he wants to talk to him.  Not now, says Quentin.  It must be now, Barnabas tells him--the murder of that girl in the woods must be dealt with.  Let the police deal with it, insists Quentin, sipping his drink.  Barnabas asks what Hortense meant by headless creature?  Just what makes you think I know anything? asks Quentin.  Because Julia and I both saw it in your face when she told you about the girl's dying words, says Barn.  You were both imagining it, says Quentin.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'It MUST be only an animal') was back on January 11th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 15, 2024, 03:52:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1210 (1841PT) - Flora - 'She MUST be burned. She had the plague. She had the plague. She MUST be burned. It's not our fault. For everyone's sake, she MUST be burned. Burned. Burned. Burned.'

From "#1210/1211: Robservations 12/16/03: Catherine's Husband, the Clod; Lottery Again"
Melanie dreams:  A grieving Flora asks, what did we do to deserve this?--God, how much must we go through?--do we have to go through this now?--when will the punishment end?  Quentin stands in the doorway, Melanie's body in his arms.  She's dead, he says.
I can't believe it, says Flora.  She died in my arms, says Quentin.  You shouldn't have gone into her room, says Flora.  I had to, says Quentin, staring into Melanie's dead face--she was crying, I heard her.  Take Melanie's body to the village and burn it, orders Flora--she had the plague!--she had the plague--she must be burned--it's not our fault--for everyone's sake, she must be burned...burned...burned!  Melanie awakens, screaming.  Quentin runs in and finds Melanie holding her head as if in agony.  Burned, burned! she cries, I'm, burning, burning, don't touch me.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 16, 2024, 02:20:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #73 (1966) - David - 'Gee, you MUST be a genius.'

From "#0073/0074: Robservations 07/12/01: Two Collins in the Monster's Lair"
Has anyone ever told you that you have a great smile? asks Sam. David shakes his head and says no. You have, and I'd love to paint it someday, says Sam. Are you an artist? asks David eagerly. Am I an artist? asks Sam--son, I can take a raging storm and turn it into something beautiful!--I can take a buttercup and breathe eternal life into it! You must be a genius! says David. Not quite, says Sam

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 17, 2024, 03:08:18 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #254 (1967) - Liz - 'Well, if he has got a hold over me, then I MUST have done something terrible.'

From "#0253/0254: Robservations 11/20/01: Double Wedding"
Liz begs Vicki to help her, but Vicki says the only thing that's going to change all this is if Liz decides not to marry Jason.
Liz insists she only wants to have some happiness, a life of her own, but she doesn't sound very convincing, and Vicki doesn't buy it. Liz loves Carolyn more than anything, but there doesn't seem to be a solution to this.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all, and that's because it's another where there's little detail. However, after Liz says neither Carolyn nor Vicki believes Liz is marrying Jason because she wants to and Vicki confirms that, Liz wonders she can do to convince Vicki. But Vicki says she doesn't have to do anything because it's none of her business and she can hardly tell Liz how to lead her life, though once again Vicki brings up her feeling that Jason is forcing Liz to do things she doesn't want to do. Liz responds that she thought she'd cleared that up once and for all when she let them all into the basement room and they found nothing and questions then what exactly they think the hold Jason has over her is. And after Vicki says she doesn't know is when Liz delivers the quote, prompting Vicki to apologize that she didn't mean that...

Also, the Robservations seems to imply that it's Vicki who brings up Liz calling off her marriage to Jason as a solution to Carolyn acting out, but it's actually Liz who brings it up and Vicki simply agrees.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 17, 2024, 11:36:30 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #402 (1796) - Barnabas - 'She has taken my reason for living. I MUST repay her myself. Today.'

From "#0401/0402: Robservations 03/18/02: Ben Shows Barn He Can Write"
Ben assures Barnabas grimly that Angelique can make anything happen.  Why did she do all this, demands Barnabas. Because she loves you, says Ben. Love? explodes Barnabas--she ruined my family!--no, she did this out of hate, and I'll teach her the meaning of hate! Be very careful, warns Ben, but Barnabas seems far less concerned for his own safety than finding a way to kill Angelique--revenge isn't sweet for Barnabas, but a necessity. Ben offers to do it himself, hide in the woods with a gun and shoot her, but Barn insists he must do it himself--Angelique took his reason for living away, and it's payback time!

The Robservations paraphrases the quote and gets the main points across well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 18, 2024, 05:44:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #513 (1968) - Prof. Stokes - 'In the meantime, we MUSTN'T let this little setback defeat us. We MUST think of a new plan to destroy the witch.'

From "Robservations 6/10/02 - Liz and Stokes vs. Cassangelique - #513/514"
Tony discusses with Stokes the events that transpired in the basement of the Old House; they also talk over their strategy for destroying Cassandra (Angelique), which Tony believes impossible.

Another Robservations with very little detail. However, the quote comes up just before Tony says he beginning the believe that that's impossible. But Stokes follows up by reassuring him that being an old hand at this, it is possible, if not easy...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 19, 2024, 03:24:56 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #757 (1897) - Angelique - 'I don't care what it costs or who MUST be destroyed. Barnabas MUST be kept safe forever.'

From "Robservations 1/7/03 - Angelique Defends Her Ex - 756-757"
Angelique has Magda join them and asks her to deal with "a small matter of theft" for them-- she describes the scarab to the gypsy, who is reluctant to help.  You have no choice, insists Angelique-- I will tell Barnabas you were out of the house when Laura visited him this morning-- my feeling is, he'll kill you.  Barnabas can't kill Magda, says Quentin-- if she dies, I'll remain under her curse.  I can't be involved in that, says Ang--I only care that Barnabas be protected, whatever the cost or who must be destroyed-- Barnabas must be kept safe forever!

Another Robservations that paraphrases but gets the essence of the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I MUST warn you: I am not without powers. And it's good to see that you are not without fear') was back on January 29th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 20, 2024, 03:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #911 (1969) - Julia - 'Well, Professor Osmund said that he died ten years ago, but this says 1968. There MUST be some solution.'

From "Robservations 4/28/03 - #911-912 - Leviathan Amy?; Harrison Monroe Delaware Tate"
Julia holds a landscape that she and Liz found.  It's incredible, remarks Julia--it looks almost exactly like the Tate I found last week--the sky is painted exactly the same way--Harrison Monroe, 1968.  I bought it at a charity auction last year, says Liz--thank goodness it was a worthwhile charity, when I got home with it, Roger told me to come right up here with it, and I did. They chuckle. I wish I knew more about paintings and artists' techniques, says Julia--it seems inconceivable that two artists could paint so much alike. You're asking the wrong person, says Liz. Julia asks, may I take the painting to Stokes? Why the interest in Tate? inquires Liz. Professor Osmond said he died 10 years ago, says Julia, but this says 1968, must be some solution!

Yet another Robservations that paraphrases but gets the essence of the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'I know I-I MUST explain but please, please let me choose the time') was back on January 19th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 21, 2024, 06:04:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1012 (1970PT) - Barnabas - 'Nothing MUST disturb the sleep or sully the name of that other Barnabas Collins who died in this time. Come, we will burn the book together.'

From "#1012/1013: Robservations 07/09/03: Stranger in a Sea of Familiar Faces"
I'll do anything you say, anything you want, I will.  Very well, relents Barnabas--gather all you have written--and burn them.  Burn my book? asks Will, horrified--oh, no, you don't know what a book means to a writer. A writer!--all you did was copy down what you forced me to tell you, says Barnabas--now gather the book together and burn it!  No! cries Will. It's time you do precisely what I tell you to do, says Barnabas. No, insists Will.  "Is that your final answer?" demands Barnabas (hey, Regis stole that for his game show)!  Barnabas advances threateningly on Will; when they are face to face, the writer agrees--all right, I'll do it--I'll do anything you say.  Nothing must disturb the sleep or sully the name of that other Barnabas Collins who died in this time, insists the vampire--"Come--we will burn the book together!"

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Will - 'I MUST do your bidding?') was back on November 9th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 23, 2024, 05:28:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1131 (1840) - Leticia - 'Oh it is you, luv. Thank heaven. You MUST come with me.'

From "#1131/1132: Robservations 10/20/03: Julia Under Zachary's Control"
Leticia comes downstairs at Collinwood at the same time Julia returns.  Come with me, insists Leticia.  I can't, says Julia, not now.  I found the headless body, she reports to Julia--it won't move, it just lies there!

The Robservations barely references the quote...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Angerie - 'Harriet Collins, return again to the waters that are your grave, but know, you MUST COME to Daniel whenever he thinks of Angelique') was back on January 20th of 2021, and the second (Barnabas - 'Julia, you MUST go to Bedford-- find out what you can about the trial. There MUST be some newspaper file of some sort. We MUST find out') was back on January 23rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 24, 2024, 04:58:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1211 (1841PT) - Morgan - 'If you pick the losing slip, I MUST insist that you let me take your place in that room.'

From "#1210/1211: Robservations 12/16/03: Catherine's Husband, the Clod; Lottery Againl"
Catherine waits in her room for Morgan.  When he joins her, she kisses him.  He sits on the bed with her--we're going to be going downstairs again soon, he says--there's something I want to tell you.  What is it, darling? she asks.  If you pick the losing slip, he says, I must insist you let me take your place in that room.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 25, 2024, 06:58:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #74 (1966) - Carolyn - 'Well, if you MUST know, I really couldn't care less.'

From "#0073/0074: Robservations 07/12/01: Two Collins in the Monster's Lair"
I thought you said you were in the middle of a meeting, says Carolyn, carelessly tossing her coat on a chair. I am, says Burke. Where is she? asks Carolyn--in the bedroom? You are a girl with a suspicious, salacious mind, teases Burke. (I like his vocabulary.) If you must know, I really couldn't care less, she says, obviously lying. Good, then we can relax together, he says--why don't you sit down? of course Vicki Winters might be a little upset by it! says Carolyn nastily. Oh, I see, he says, you're worried about Vicki's interests--I'm glad to see she has such a good friend in you. My cousin's governess is no friend of mine, says Carolyn, but she's obviously very close to you! I see, says Burke, smelling the jealousy, you found out I drove her home this afternoon, is that it? Maybe, says Carolyn viciously, anyway, she'll be very happy t know about your little meeting! I'm glad you reminded me, says Burke, going to the closed kitchen door--honey, you can bring the drinks in now! He opens the door, remarking that his friend is a little shy. David comes out, drinks in his hands, and he hands one to Burke. Seeing his cousin, he asks, "What's SHE doing here?" Carolyn, surprised, asks David what HE'S doing here. Visiting my friend, says David. Does my mother know you came up here? demands Carolyn--you know how she feels about Mr. Devlin, you know she wouldn't want you to visit him. Then what are YOU doing here? asks David. Very good, Burke praises the boy--your turn, he tells Carolyn. Angry, she stomps a few feet away.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 26, 2024, 01:58:30 AM »

Ep #1133 (1840[-1967]) - Roxanne - 'I MUST go to my sister.'

From "#1133/1134_1135: Robservations 10/21/03: Valerie Threatens Roxanne"
Roxanne enters Collinwood.  Barnabas calls her name.  Excuse me, Mr. Collins, she says formally.  Mr. Collins? he repeats--Roxanne, what is it?  Hurt, she asks, is it true?--"Are you married?"  Yes, he admits, shame-faced, it is--I am.  Her mouth drops open, then closes.  I must go to my sister, says Roxanne.  Forgive me, begs Barnabas, there's no possible way for me to explain this.  She agrees--there's not, is there?

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angerie - 'Valerie, please, Barnabas-- you MUSTN'T give me away-- you'll give yourself away as well') was back on August 18th.