Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118840 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1200 on: June 01, 2022, 02:20:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #705 (1897) - Edith - 'Well, I MUST sit up for company.'

From "Robservations 10/25/02 - Welcome to Collinwood, 1897! - #704/705"
Edith frets to Judith, "Why hasn't Edward gotten here yet?" Judith doesn't know, but there's someone else who wants to see her. She can't tell the secret to anyone else, insists Edith. He didn't come about the secret, he's a distant relative who has brought her a family heirloom, explains Judith. The poor old lady is delighted to think someone has brought her a present, and agrees to a few moments--she's very tired. She says she must sit up for company, and Judith props her up on pillows.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 02, 2022, 03:56:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #467 (1968) - Dr. Lang - 'Please, Mr. Collins, you MUST tell me. I MUST know what I'm fighting.'

From "#0467/0468: Robservations 05/02/02: Miraculous Sight of Sun"
What about Angelique? persists the doctor. Barnabas hastens back into the room, reluctant to tell him, but finally says she was a witch he married before he realized what she was--her curse turned him into this creature, and he wishes he could hide from her still. In modern medicine he might find his best hiding place, suggests Lang, and he will defend him.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations barely references the circumstances under which the quote is delivered, much less the quote itself. But it comes up while Barnabas is reluctant to explain to Dr. Lang about Angelique...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 03, 2022, 05:30:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1183 (1841) - Judard - 'The first thing you MUST do is realize you don't know all my plans. I have reasons for everything I do.'

From "#1183/1184: Robservations 11/25/03: Another Witchcraftian Death"
What am I going to do? she asks.  The first thing you must do is realize you don't know all my plans, he says, I have reasons for everything I do--I have one why Daphne was in this room.  Don't you think I know THAT? she asks sarcastically. There you go again, he says, my reasons aren't exactly like yours.  What are your reasons? she asks.  Do you think I will tell you, he asks, after the threats you made to me?--your threats are not exactly conducive to confidence.  She looks sorry.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And of course Judard = Judah possessing Gerard...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Judard - 'Daphne, you MUST marry me') was back on September 19th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 04, 2022, 03:36:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #993 (1970PT) - Alexis - 'It MUST be Angelique! It MUST be! I know it is!'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
The piano plays on.  Alexis, terrified, insists, it must be Angelique, I know it is!  I don't believe it, says Quentin--it can't happen. Alexis agrees--but it's true!  Are you sure it's Angelique? asks Quentin.  There was a fragrance in the room when I came in, reveals Alexis--Angelique's favorite perfume--I though it my imagination, but when I started writing to some friends in Florence, slowly, as I was writing, I began to feel something, I can't describe it, a presence--so I kept trying to write, but the feeling grew and grew
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references most of the quote...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Cyrus - 'Now also, you MUST take safeguards against any impurities or unbalances within the synthesis-- I mean, I have indicated how important and delicate this chemical is!') was back on October 14th of 2020, the second (Hannah - 'All I know is I MUST LEAVE this house!') was back on January 9th of 2021, and the third (Alexis - 'Sabrina, you know that whoever it was near Angelique MUST have murdered her') was back on June 10th. So that all means that Ep #993 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #646, #678, #727, 1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 05, 2022, 02:26:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #942 (1970) - Maggie - 'I MUST be going crazy, it can't be happening!'

From "Robservations 5/16/03 - Maggie and the Zombie; Followed By a Moon Poppy"
Why did you cause something to happen to me, why? demands Maggie--where did you come from, why did you do this?  You will understand, he assures her--everything is going to be all right. He sets the box down and adds, I'll make everything all right. Why are you doing this to me? she asks. You know, says Jeb, just as you know who I REALLY am--you do know, don't you? he asks, staring into her eyes.  I don't know, she says, I must be going crazy, this can't be happening! It's happening, he assures her, and I want you to tell me who I am--go on. "I don't understand it, but you're Michael grown up," she says.
[/spoiler]

Aside from changing "it" to "this," the Robservations references the quote quite well. However, there's a glaring error in that Maggie doesn't say, "I don't know. I must be going crazy," she prefaces the quote by saying, "I know," which is exactly the opposite of what the Robservations indicates...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'It said, "For the leader of the Leviathan, there is only one enemy to be feared beyond all others, and that it is against this enemy he MUST be protected." Then it said, "The wolf that walks like a man."') was back on May 8th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 06, 2022, 05:40:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #884 (1897) - Barnabas - 'You MUST paint another portrait of Quentin. ... You MUST!'

From "Robservations 4/9/03 - #884-885 - Farewell, 1897; 1796 Redux"
Continue to paint other portraits, urges Barnabas. Charles picks up a tattered canvas and says, I cared a great deal about some of the portraits destroyed here! And there was one particular portrait someone else cared about, says Barn.  Quentin Collins, says Tate, we're back to that. Was his portrait here? asks Barn. I did steal the portrait, he confesses, believing it would do me some good, but now it won't do me or Quentin any good.
This pleases Charles. Then the next time there's a full moon, says Barnabas..."You'd better stay away from Quentin Collins," advises Tate. There has to be a way of stopping it from happening, says Barn--you must paint another portrait of Quentin, you must--if you did it before, you can do it again
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly (though it does leave out the pause)...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Lady Kitty - 'Why did I change my dress? I MUSTN'T! I know I MUSTN'T!') was back on October 31st ([BOO]) of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 07, 2022, 08:22:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #680 (1969) - Maggie - 'Well, there MUST be something in the storage room that you don't want anyone else to know about.'

From "Robservations 10/8/02 - #680/681 - Maggie, Mr. Jughans and David"
She warns him to stop acting innocent, he can't fool her. Hurt, he accuses her of not wanting to believe him. Stop it, she orders--it won't work--whatever it is, it's something you're terribly afraid of. What? he asks. Whatever he's trying to hide, she replies. He denies that, too. You're hiding something in the storage room, says Maggie--did you really find the phone there?
[/spoiler]

The Robservations turns the quote into "You're hiding something in the storage room," which Maggie doesn't say, rather than going with what Maggie actually says...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'There MUST be something you're terribly afraid of') was back on July 6th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 09, 2022, 12:54:44 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #629 (1968) - Nicholas - 'There's something vitally important that I MUST speak to you about.'

From "Robservations 9/3/02 - Angelique Sends Nicholas to Hell - #628/629"
Nicholas comes to the door and Julia greets him. I must speak to you, he says, his face sober, something of vital importance--this has to do with both you and Barnabas. Liz looks startled.
[/spoiler]

Even though it flips things around with regard to it, the Robservations references the quote well. Though one thing that it makes a bit misleading is Nicholas' arrival because it's actually Liz who answers the door and greets Nicholas - though after that Julia does greet him from inside the foyer...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Diabolos - 'That is the only way you and Maggie Evans can be together, Nicholas. The Black Mass MUST be performed') was back on September 29th of 2020, the second (Nicholas - 'I implore you-- if I MUST account for something, let me account for it, but do not harm this woman. She is not responsible for anything that I may have done') was back on October 2nd, and the third (Maggie - 'I don't understand it. I MUST of fainted') was back on February 21st. So that all means that Ep #629 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #365, #384, #449, #466, #550, #609, #646, #678, #727, #993, #1057 and #1111. However, recall that Eps #211, #449 and #678 have five quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 09, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #393 (1795) - Countess du Pres - 'Clearly, we MUST find Miss Winters. Whether we like it or not, there is a reason that she's disappeared.'

From "#0393/0394: Robservations 03/12/02: Jeremiah Plays Hide 'n' Go Seek"
Later, Natalie assures Naomi she believes she saw what she says she saw.  They agree there is an evil force at work, and ponder who it could be.  Not Vicki, insists, Naomi. The warlock could be Joshua, suggests Natalie. Nat asks Naomi if she's wondered about her, Countess duPres, and Naomi admits, yes, she did, but never came to a definite conclusion. Andre? Never.  Naomi suggests Angelique. Well, says Nat, it would make her more interesting, but she's known her since she was an uninteresting child, and doubts she's the one. (countess, you know zilch!)  The victims, Barnabas or Josette, who earned no pain but got so much of it? They must find Vicki, Nat says. For whatever reason she disappeared, they must find her.
[/spoiler]

Despite not referencing the quote directly, the Robservations does reference it pretty well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 10, 2022, 02:58:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #291 (1967) - Barnabas - 'If we're to succeed, a mutual trust MUST exist between us.'

From "#0291/0292: Robservations 12/19/01: Julia's Amazing Offer"
Barnabas and Julia return to the Old House. Does anyone else know your true identity and mission? demands Barnabas--there must be complete trust between us. Only Dave Woodard knows she's a doctor, says Julia, but no one else knows about Barnabas.
[/spoiler]

Considering this ep falls in the period where there's little detail in the Robservations, it's fairly surprising it references the quote as well as it does...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 12, 2022, 01:12:07 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #154 (1967) - Laura - 'Roger, uh, must we talk about this tonight?'

From "#0154/0155: Robservations 09/07/01: Caretaker of the Crypt"
I have something to tell you, Roger tells Frank--I was going to call you first thing in the morning, hoping to anticipate a call you can expect from Lt. Riley. Must we talk about this tonight? asks Laura. I'm merely going to tell Mr. Gardner what Lt. Riley told us, says Roger, that's all. What did Riley have to tell you? asks Frank. Something very amusing, says Roger--that the authorities in Arizona--they're very diligent, you know--they have identified beyond any question of doubt who that woman was who burned up in the fire. They have? asks Vicki. Yes, says Roger, dental records, blood types--all of the things modern science has invented to make this possible--and at least the great mystery is solved. I'm glad to hear that, says Frank--who was she? The lady who burned up in that fire has proven to be, with absolutely certainty, says Roger--Laura Murdoch Collins. Laura Murdoch Collins, died by fire, murmurs Vicki. I think it's amusing, don't you?
--very amusing, says Roger. Frank, not smiling, looks at Laura, whose face is expressionless.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Caretaker - 'You MUSTN'T go in there') was back on July 2nd of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 12, 2022, 04:50:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #111 (1966) - Frank - 'That means she MUST be here on the grounds. She MUST be someplace close by, but where?'

From "#(0110_)0111/0112: Robservations 08/07/01: Where is Matthew?"
That sheriff has been out there over 20 minutes, frets Frank to Liz in Collinwood's drawing room--why hasn't he found Vicki? Liz, sitting on the sofa, says she doesn't know. He sits beside her and tells her he should he helping them search. The sheriff was right, says Liz, he and the deputy know the grounds better than you do. It would be something, he says--sitting here waiting, doing nothing is driving me nuts!--what's taking so long? She stands and asks if he has any idea of the size of this property--if Vicki wandered off into the woods, it could be hours before they found her--she opens the window to look out--but that isn't saying she isn't going to be found. He comes over to her. You really believe that? he asks. I want to believe it, she says. So do I, he says--I would if I didn't know what's already happened--two attempts on her life--that's what really has me worried. I know, says Liz. Are there any back roads leading from this place into town? he asks. One, she says, but it's practically impassable. I know she didn't take the main road into town, I'd have passed her coming up here, he says--maybe Vicki went someplace with Carolyn. No, says Liz, I sent Carolyn to a friend's house earlier this afternoon--she was very upset about her uncle--and Vicki was with me when she left. That means she must be here on the grounds, someplace close by, says Frank, but where could she be? He paces, and Liz continues to look out the window.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote rather well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 13, 2022, 02:48:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #1057 (1970PT) - Timothy Srokes - 'I MUST talk to you. It's very important for your sake. You MUSTN'T be frightened, I won't hurt you.'

From "#1056/1057: Robservations 08/08/03: More Death; A Near-Miss Rescue"
Roxanne lies on a couch in a strange house--and is finally wearing clothes!  She hears someone coming and hides. It's Stokes, who says, I know you're there somewhere--I must speak to you, it's very important, for your sake--you must not be frightened, I won't hurt you...I've come to warn you...the police are looking for you--can you hear me?  She reluctantly exits her hiding place--I do hear you, she says. Why are you hiding? he asks, you know I'm your friend.  What do the police want with me? she asks. To question you, he says. But I've done nothing wrong, she says. I'm afraid the police might find that difficult to believe, he says. I was forced by you and Claude, she says. If I remember correctly, he says, you agreed because you'd do anything for Claude. I didn't agree freely and you know it, she says. I know nothing of the kind, he says, so you see, my dear, you'd better stay hidden here for a little while, anyway--I'll come and see you and bring you anything you want. Claude will see that I have what I want, she says. Sorry, says Stokes, Claude is dead.
Her face convulses with sorrow.
[/spoiler]

With the exception of changing "talk" to "speak," the Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Timothy Stokes - 'I want to cooperate, Inspector, but I MUST refuse to participate in such obvious idiocies') was back on November 25th of 2020, the second (Roxanne - 'No. I can't STAY here any longer. I MUST GO') was back on January 19th of 2021, the third (Roxanne - 'You killed him and you MUST die for it!') was back on August 4th, and the fourth (Julia - 'I'm so tired, so very tired. But I MUST not fall asleep. I've got to stay awake-- it's my only hope. I've got to stay awake') was back on November 26th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #211, #449 & #678.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 14, 2022, 09:08:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #805 (1897) - Gregory - 'This madness MUST NOT touch you again. Never again.'

From "Robservations 1/11/03 - #805-806 - Portrait of a Confession"
"Do you know the story about the vicar's daughter, named Alice?" she asks, bursting into laughter.  Trask grabs her, forces her to her knees--where you belong, so you can pray!  She rises, laughing, hits him gently with the recorder and tells him, I don't remember how to pray.  He grabs her arm again and says, you're going to, because it's a part of you, of your life, like the blood in your veins!  She continues laughing.  He repeats, "It's your life blood--now pray, Charity, pray!"  She comes back to herself and obediently says, "Yes, Father."  She falls to her knees, in praying posture.  Keep praying, he orders--this madness must not touch you again.  He kneels beside her, says, "Never again," and puts his hands together in prayer, too.  "My plans are too close to completion," he says intensely.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

A bit of trivia about this ep: it wasn't included in WorldVision's '80s syndication, despite the fact that they had a copy of it. Why? Who knows? Even though the Master Tape version was damaged, they were in possession of the kinescope, so they could have easily substituted it in place of the Master Tape as they did in situations when the Master Tapes were missing. But what was even more aggravating is that it was only one of several eps that weren't included despite WorldVision having copies of them.

Interestingly enough, because the Master Tape was damaged at a point during a scene between Charansy and Trask, the damaged portion was removed and replaced with a sepia tinted copy of the kinescope and it was that repaired version of the ep that was released on MPI VHS back in April of 1992. It wasn't seen on TV again until two years later when the Sci-Fi Channel first ran Ep #805 on April 18, 1994. And of course, the DVD version is the same repaired version...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 16, 2022, 01:54:01 AM »

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #655 (1968) - Liz - 'I MUST move! I MUST make them hear!'

From "Robservations 9/19/02 - #654/655 - Joe Unhinged"
Carolyn, in her mother's room, kneels beside her mother, who is lying on the floor. Julia joins Carolyn. I found her here, cries the blonde. Julia takes Liz' pulse, checks one of her eyes, then stands. Liz speaks to herself, asking, "Why can't I speak? Why can't I move? Why can't I somehow let them know?" Julia soberly informs Carolyn, "You mother is dead. The young woman immediately begins to sob against Julia's shoulder. Julia presses a comforting hand to Carolyn's head as Liz continues to talk inside her own mind: "I'm not! I'm not! I must move! I must make them hear! I'm not dead!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly. But what isn't quite so perfect is that the excerpt gets wrong where Liz is found because it's in Amy's room, not her own bedroom.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'But I MUST touch you. And when I do, it will be as though you are dead') was back on December 21st of 2020, and the second (Cassandra - 'You MUST leave Mrs. Stoddard now. She and I have an account to settle') was back on August 8th.