Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 116776 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #795 on: June 07, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #550 (1968) - Adam - 'A man MUST grab what he wants!'

From "Robservations 7/8/02 - Adam Learns His Origins - #550/551"
Adam tells the professor he's angry at him-you didn't teach me right. Stokes disagrees. Being polite isn't everything, says Adam, and Stokes agrees with this. A man must grab what he wants, says Adam. Stokes replies, "If his hands can hold it, yes." Adam explains that each man has one chance only. True for most men, agrees Stokes. Adam says he's no different, but Stokes hesitates and responds that Adam is different in some ways.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Adam - 'I don't mean to frighten her, you MUST TELL her that, then she'll love me') was back on June 26th, and the second (Adam - 'What do you mean I didn't exist? I MUST have existed!') was back on December 6th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 08, 2021, 05:40:56 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #908 (1969) - Paul - 'And no one MUST know. You see, we MUSTN'T seem to be friends. If I seem to be cold to you, you MUST trust me.'

From "Robservations 4/24/03 - 907-908 - Weaving a Web Around Paul; Return of Roger"
Paul decides, I must make sense this time--there's a plot against all of us, everyone in this house, and that child upstairs--Maggie gives a start--those two people in the antique shop know, they're part of it, and Barnabas, he's their leader, I think, has come out into the open with me, and I have proof that he's involved. Involved in what? Maggie demands. I feel you can get more out of them than I can, they suspect me, but you can get the evidence I need. I don't understand, says Maggie--what evidence? That the plots exist, says Paul--you can talk to them, find out what they're doing, we've got to stop this before it goes too far--you can talk to the boy, find out how long he intends to stay here, which might be important, then find out what you can about Megan and Philip--and Barnabas, if you see him do anything at all that seems strange, no matter how trivial, come to me, no one else--can you do that?
Maggie promises she will (looking at him like she thinks he's starkers). No one must know, continues Paul, we must not appear to be friends, so if I seem cold to you, you must trust me.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations drops the "you see," adds a "so" and it has "must not" rather than the correct "mustn't", but other than those things it references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'That one MUST have been taken of Carolyn just about the time you left Collinwood') was back on July 18th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 09, 2021, 06:10:44 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #170 (1967) - Mrs. Johnson - 'Oh, they MUST be upstairs. They'll be down in a few minutes.'

From "#0170/0171: Robservations 09/19/01: Laura, Saboteur, Dream-Weaver"
Mrs. Johnson is carrying the tray of coffee into the foyer and sets it down to answer Guthrie's knock at the door. He closes his umbrella, remarking that another minute and he would have gone under for the third time--where does this weather come from? She offers to help him off with his coat. Where are the others? he asks. They must be upstairs, she tells him, they'll be down in a few minutes. Sorry I'm tracking the place up, he says. Well, she says, floor needs to be scrubbed anyway. I'll just go in here and wait for them, he says, heading into the drawing room. Make yourself at home, she says.
[/spoiler]

And once again the Robservations references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Dr. Guthrie - 'We MUST keep this circle unbroken at all times') was back on May 2nd of 2020.

And I also want to mention that I decided to use a Mrs. Johnson quote specifically because dom posted this the other day -
I didn't remember Mrs. Johnson being a live-in housekeeper. Is she? I guess so. It makes sense knowing how things play out in the near future. If she is though, why didn't she answer the phone? Or the door? Maybe she isn't after all. I don't know why Burke would expect her to be there at 11pm. (I can hardly wait to see her!)
- particularly that last part in parentheses. Of course, having her in the slideshow isn't the same as seeing her in an actual ep, but hey, hopefully it helped tide you over, dom.  [easter_wink]  Unfortunately though, the quote I used for her for the Laura storyline isn't what I'd actually wanted to use at first - I'd wanted to use "I don't know, it must have been yesterday or the day before" from Ep #130 and referring to when Laura arrived back in Collinsport - but she wasn't on screen when she delivered that line, Burke was.  [easter_sad]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 10, 2021, 04:26:35 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1118 (1840) - Daniel - 'But the book MUST still be there.'

From "#1117/1118: Robservations 09/23/03: Ben Attacked--By What?"
Do you remember, asks Ben, some time ago, the newspapers told about a series of murders down Bedford way--it was a petrified head mixed up in it somewhere.
The Bedford Atrocity! says Daniel.  How much do you remember about it? asks Ben.  I remember several murders, says Daniel--there was a legend about that strange, disembodied head--yes, I read it about it months later in that book Millicent showed me--yes of course, you must ask Millicent what she did with that book.  Ben leans down--Miss Millicent is dead, he reminds him.  Oh, says Daniel, remembering now, that's right, she's. . .the book must still be there--she always kept everything in that attic storeroom--poor little dear, she never had a happy day in her life---but the book, that's there.  He drifts off to sleep.
[/spoiler]

And once more the Robservations references the quote quite well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 11, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #426 (1796) - Millicent - 'If you have not seen Barnabas, and I have, then someone MUST find out why.'

From "#0425/0426: Robservations 04/03/02: Tragedy on Widows' Hill"
Nathan was married!--Suki was Nathan's wife!
She bursts into tears.  Barnabas MUST defend her, Daniel isn't old enough--why did Barnabas run from her?--even Ben denied seeing him--they must punish Ben for lying to her--and if you have not seen Barnabas, and I have, then someone must find out why.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly - though when it comes to the other "MUST" examples in the except above it's the only one that's referenced perfectly because the others are all altered in one way or another from the ways they come up in the actual ep...

And I do have to say that I'm so happy that I was lucky enough to get a capture in which both Millicent and Joshua have priceless expressions on their faces -

- that are so terrific to illustrate the quote...

And this is not only the second quote from this ep but it's also the second quote from this scene. The first (Millicent - 'Barnabas MUST kill Nathan. Oh I, I suppose it has to be in the course of a technicality like a duel, but he MUST kill him') was back on September 14th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 12, 2021, 06:56:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #993 (1970PT) - Alexis - 'Sabrina, you know that whoever it was near Angelique MUST have murdered her.'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
But there was more, continues Alexis, something else happened while it was dark?--and that's what you saw in the second seance? I began to see it all over again, says Sabrina--Quentin and Angelique in the dark, the noise and shouting, and there was someone else near Angelique. Who? demands Alexis. I don't know, says Sabrina--it was all so dark and confusing. You've GOT to remember, insists Alexis, who did you see near Angelique? I don't know! insists Sabrina.  Alexis apologizes--I didn't mean to sound so harsh. That's all right, says Sabrina, I wish I had seen the person, but I didn't. Whoever you saw near Angelique must have murdered her, says Alexis--why haven't you said anything about this before?
It was all so confusing, says Sabrina evasively, and...please, no more questions. Alexis apologizes--I only want to know for Angelique's sake.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations parapharases the quote a bit but gets the same point across...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first(Cyrus - 'Now also, you MUST take safeguards against any impurities or unbalances within the synthesis-- I mean, I have indicated how important and delicate this chemical is!') was back on October 14th, and the second (Hannah - 'All I know is I MUST LEAVE this house!') was back on January 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 13, 2021, 05:44:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #345 (1967) - Barnabas - 'You MUSTN'T be that foolish, do you understand? You MUST never be as foolish as...'

From "#0345/0346: Robservations 02/06/02: Bad News For Vicki"
Vicki wonders about the Brazilian jungles, and vows to ask Burke about them when he gets back. She appeals to Barnabas to tell her that Burke is coming back to her, and he wisely does so, bolstering his own future hopes by telling her if it were HIM, nothing would stop him from returning to her. Vicki expresses sorrow that they never set a wedding date. She mentions the West Wing, and Barnabas says it's beautiful and suggests they look at it together,
but she prefers to wait for Burke to return. She tells him what a good friend he is, and the widows start to wail. Vicki, hopelessly gazing at the sea, says she always thought the legends surrounding Widows' Hill were untrue, but if she believed Burke were dead, she'd take a jump herself. Barnabas interrupts this in mid-sentence, pulling her back from the cliff's edge. "You must never be as foolish as. . ." he begins, and, as the widows wail, promises her that she will be a bride one day very soon. "Very soon," echoes Vicki, as the widows' wails fills the air.
[/spoiler]

Well, as we can see from the quote, "You must never be as foolish as. . ." is not actually how Barnabas "begins" because that's the second half of what's quoted. But nonetheless, what the Robservations does reference, it references well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 14, 2021, 06:30:37 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

Ep #1081 (1970) - Hallie - 'I MUSTN'T be afraid, I MUSTN'T!'

From "#1080/1081: Robservations 08/26/03: Return of Roxanne!"
David is still staring at the carousel, which stops turning and playing. He smiles and looks around the room, admiring the portrait on the wall (of Tad and Carrie)? Hallie stands outside the playroom door--I know he's in there, she tells herself--I must not be afraid, I mustn't!  She opens the door and launches into an attack--"You promised you'd never come here again!"  What are you talking about? he asks, sitting on the rocking horse--why would I say a thing like that?
[/spoiler]

If it wasn't for the "must not" rather than the correct "mustn't," the Robservations would reference the quote perfectly...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Sebastian - 'I'm not your husband, Mrs. Hawkes. You MUST have loved him very much to think that I was') was back on July 20th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 15, 2021, 07:10:21 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #679 (1969) - David - 'Well then I MUST have been talking to myself, right?'

From "Robservations 10/7/02 - #678/679 - Maggie Follows David Into Quentin's Lair"
Liz enters the room and asks who he's talking to, but Quentin is gone. David claims he was talking to himself. Liz asks if it's about the game he and Amy play. David doesn't know which game, but Liz says it's the one of the phone. David lies about a giant named Lars who lives in a house by the sea--Lars is being held captive by a wicked old witch. Liz is annoyed, feeling David is too old for games involving giants and imaginary people
[/spoiler]

Obviously the Robservations references the quote, but not directly as such...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (David - 'You MUSTN'T TELL!') was back on June 7th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 16, 2021, 08:04:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #710 (1897) - Evan - 'Rise and help us, for there is an enemy in our midst and he MUST be destroyed!'

From "Robservations 11/1/02 - #710/711 - An Old Enemy Joins the Party"
Evan takes a glass of something and holds it over Jamison's head, addressing himself and those here with him to the powers of darkness--I call upon the flame to summon you, upon the raven and the viper and all the dark creatures of nature to draw you like a rising mist from out of the darkness of the earth--rise and help us, for there is an enemy in our midst and he must be destroyed! Rise, rise and help us! And we shall repay you with the gift of innocence. Thunder crashes. "No, stop!" yells Jamison. Evan puts a hand on the child's shoulder, ordering him to be quiet and not break the spell.
"It's going to be here soon--I can feel it!" cries Jamison.
[/spoiler]

And no one on DS, not even Lara Parker, seemed to relish doing incantations the way Humbert Allen Astredo did, no matter which of his characters was reciting them...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 18, 2021, 12:14:11 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #10 (1966) - Liz - 'David-- you frightened me so-- I MUST have fallen asleep.'

From "#0009/0010: Robservations 05/23/01: Carolyn Plots"
Collinwood - Liz lies asleep in a drawing room chair, moaning, "Ghosts...there are no ghosts here..."
She opens her eyes and sees David standing there, covered with muck. David, you frightened me so, she says, awakening--I must have fallen asleep. She looks at him. His clothing is a mess, too, covered with dark splotches. You were talking, he says. Was I? she asks--where have you been?--where did you get so dirty? You were talking about ghosts, says David.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 18, 2021, 04:46:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #609 (1968) - Carolyn - 'They MUSTN'T be caught getting into the house.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
Carolyn waits in Adam's room, leafing through a book. The place is still a mess, but looks a little better. She seems very nervous about this meeting, but tells herself not to be. She's glad Adam has found someone. They must not be caught getting into the house. Should she have trusted Harry? She chides herself for acting like a little girl.
[/spoiler]

Again, while not directly, the Robservations references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Adam - 'Nicholas MUST know nothing about this--nothing!') was back on April 19th of 2020, and the second (Eve - 'Adam, you MUST stop calling me. I hate it. I'm not your servant') was back on May 31st.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2021, 04:42:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #992 (1970PT) - Hannah - 'But I MUST have silence-- complete silence.'

From "#0992/0993: Robservations 06/23/03: Has Angelique Returned?"
Bruno gazes at the pile of ashes in front of Hannah--what does it mean? he asks. Some spirit is opposed to us, says Hannah, and the truths we want to know. Who, Angelique? he wonders. Soon I might be able to tell you, she says--the cards have often come to my aid in times past-- perhaps now, but I must have complete silence. She arranges the cards on the piano--I ask to be rejoined with the spirits here so I might see with eyes more powerful than my own, and read the truth revealed before me--looks, eyes--and see what no man sees.  Quentin quietly enters the cottage. Hannah gasps, "Angelique! Angelique is here--she's here at Collinwood!"
Quentin hastily retreats before they see him, but he has overheard this last.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations combines the two parts of the quote but that still references it well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Hannah - 'Ah, Quentin, my dear, please don't invite me to stay. I've managed to upset Alexis terribly and MUST leave at once--no no no, don't try to see me out, I know the way' - which, as I'd said, plays as an absolute hoot) and was back on October 2nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 21, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #365 (1967) - Julia - 'Our hands MUST touch so that we form an unbroken circle.'

From "#0365/0366: Robservations 02/21/02 - - Welcome to 1795, Vicki!"
Form an unbroken circle of your hands on the table, instructs Julia, but when Barnabas deliberately fails to do as asked, Julia is forced to chastise him. "I'm sorry," he apologizes, not sincerely
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well but not directly...

And what a surprise that Barnabas doesn't apologize sincerely considering he desperately wants to do anything he can to sabotage the seance.

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Carolyn - 'Do you want to stop it, Barnabas? MUST you stop it?') and was back on April 30th of this year, and the second (Liz - 'But you MUST say more') was back on May 3rd of this year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »

Ep #647 (1968) - Madame Findley - 'You...MUST...show...me!'

From "Robservations 9/16/02 - #647/648 - Madame Findlay Tries to Help"
Stokes tells Liz she's trying to reach her control, her guide to the other world. Madame F calls out, "Are you there? Can you tell me the secrets of this house? Are you there? That's not you." Someone else is answering her, says Stokes. Findlay continues, "Who are you? I cannot hear you plainly. Are you in this room? If you are in this room, speak to me more clearly. You are not in this room, but you are in this house, yes!"
David and Amy exchange scared glances upon hearing this. "I must come to you. I must find you!" Liz calls to Madame F, who begins to toss her head from side to side, declaring, "A battleground--this house is a battleground! Yes, I see that. . .whom are you fighting? Lead me to the room, lead me!" Madame F rises from her chair, but whoever she was speaking to has disappeared. "You must show me!" Stokes asks her if she's all right, and Liz notes she isn't coming out of it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the wording of the quote perfectly, though it doesn't indicate the pauses between words...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Madame Findley - 'A war is being waged and we MUST find the one who started it') and was back on April 30th of 2020, and the second (Madame Findley - 'No. No, Mrs. Stoddard. You MUST tell nothing about this house, neither its history nor your personal experiences') was back on May 6th of this year. (Apparently we love to quote Madam Findley from this ep.  [easter_wink])