Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 116729 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2021, 06:30:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1156 (1840) - Samantha - 'Yes, I MUST, MUSTN'T I? I never really believed that Quentin's interest in the black arts was anything but a foolish eccentricity-- but I MUST now-- I do!'

From "#1154_1155/1156: Robservations 11/05/03: A Death; An Arrest For Murder"
Collinwood - Samantha looks out the window.  Trask enters--I don't think I should leave until the constable makes his decision, he says.  Where is the constable now? asks Samantha.  He just left Gabriel and has gone up to see Quentin, says Trask.  What am I going to do when he comes down? she asks.  Whatever your conscience dictates, my dear, says Trask.  My son...says Samantha.  Trask reminds her, it would be worse for him to grow up in this atmosphere of evil--when I think of the heinous practices that have gone on in this house!  Please, Lamar, she begs.  Painful as it is, says Trask, you must protect your son from his own father.  I must, she agrees, I never really believed Quentin's interest in the black arts was anything more than a foolish eccentricity, but I must now--I do!  You have just made the most important choice of your life, says Lamar--you have crossed the river of indecision and joined those on the other side that would be saved!  Sam smiles proudly.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite well, though out of context the quote is deceiving because it appears that the first part is also about Samantha's conclusion that Quentin's interest in the black arts is more than a foolish eccentricity. However, as the Robservations excerpt shows, in context it's actually about protecting Tad.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 08, 2021, 12:40:49 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #130 (1966) - Liz - 'The choice MUST be David's.'

From "#0129/0130: Robservations 08/20/01: FIRE!"
What do you mean? asks Liz. I mean I want to live with him permanently, says Laura. You want to take him away from here? asks Liz. Yes, answers Laura. Is that all you want, just to take him with you, asks Roger--you have no other terms? None, Laura says--I have a very good place to live with very good people--I can provide everything for him. I see, says roger. David, of course, says Liz, is in line for a sizable inheritance. Whatever is due him is his alone, Laura assures her, I want nothing, except his love. Are you sure you can get this from him? asks Roger. Laura rises and looks Roger in the face. I have to get it from him, she says--I will--and I desperately need this opportunity. He's not the kind of child that you might imagine, says Roger. He's my child, says Laura, and that's all I need--Roger, do you want him more than I do? What you're saying is, says Roger, you want to take him from me. Well? she asks. Liz watches them. I don't know, says Roger. Liz stands. I think we must all take the time to think this over, she says. I've taken the time, says Laura, I know what I want, I know where I stand and I think I've stated it--and I know what I need. The choice must be David's, says Liz. It has to be, agrees Laura--well, I'll be at the Inn--please call me just as soon as you've talked. I will, of course, says Roger.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote quite perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 09, 2021, 03:10:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #898 (1969) - Paul - 'You MUST find out who's after you, you MUST know!'

From "Robservations 4/17/03 - #897-898 - Terror For Megan; David, Book-Keeper"
Paul senses someone is outside the door, but tells himself, it's my imagination. Is it? Make sure! Find out who's after you, you must know! He opens the door and spots the mark from the cairn tattooed on his wrist
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly, leaving out a "MUST"...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Mr. Prescott/Paul - 'But you MUST promise not to give it to anyone but Carolyn') was back on December 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 10, 2021, 07:14:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #613 (1968) - Joe - 'No. No, not Maggie. She must never know.'

From "Robservations 8/20/02 - #612/613 - Barnabas, Joe and Angelique"
Joe moans in his sleep, "Make her want me--she will, I know she will." Barnabas urges him to be quiet. Joe says she doesn't want him, he won't kill himself, live now, that's what he'll do, get back at her, and at Barnabas, if he's the one she wants. Barnabas reminds him he tried to help him, but Joe, seeming delirious, says he just wants Angelique. Barn cautions him to be silent, but Joe says he'll tell everyone everything, about both of them and Angelique- everything! He swears it, but Barnabas tells him he won't. Would you even tell MAGGIE about Angelique? queries Barnabas--tell her what you've become? No, Maggie must never know, says Joe. Barnabas urges him to sleep.
[/spoiler]

While the Robservations doesn't reference the quote word for word, it does reference it well..

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 10, 2021, 09:44:28 PM »
We used the poisoned medicine as part of the Joe Haskell goes crazy skit The Loco Motion.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 10, 2021, 11:10:01 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Sadly, I missed that one. I bet it was a hoot - especially if it was as over the top as when Joe went crazy on the show. Though to be fair to poor Joe, anyone as straight laced as he would probably go crazy after finding out one cousin is a werewolf and the other was a vampire...  [Wolfie]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 10, 2021, 11:18:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1079 (1970) - David - 'You MUST have bumped it when you fell down.'

From "1078/1079: Robservations 08/25/03: The Face in the Photo"
Playroom - David kneels beside Hallie, calling to her--can you hear me? She awakens, asking what happened, complaining, my arm hurts. You must have bumped it when you fell down, he suggests, and helps her up.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 11, 2021, 01:28:08 AM »
[pointing-up]  Sadly, I missed that one. I bet it was a hoot - especially if it was as over the top as when Joe went crazy on the show. Though to be fair to poor Joe, anyone as straight laced as he would probably go crazy after finding out one cousin is a werewolf and the other was a vampire...  [Wolfie]

It was a riot. The skit follows the vampire Angelique/Chris and Tom Jennings story to the climax where Joe has his breakdown by being caught between his cousin the vampire and his cousin the werewolf. To a song based on the theme from The Patty Duke Show. Unfortunately, the guy who was supposed to play the werewolf flaked at the last minute. And the only one that we could find to play the werewolf was a six year old boy. Yes, we ended up with a shorter werewolf than Alex Stevens.
I wasn't supposed to be in the skit at all but the actor that we had cast as Adam couldn't make the convention, so I had to fill in. We had established that Barnabas and Adam had a Corsican Brothers relationship. Whatever Barnabas experienced, Adam experienced. At the end of the skit, Barnabas and Angelique pretty much recreate what Lara Parker and Roger Davis did on stage the previous year. Barnabas had an orgasmic reaction, so Adam did as well. I recall rolling around on the stage rather like vintage Madonna.
It doesn't quite end there. It wasn't visible from the audience but on the videotape, my pants clearly had dropped enough to show quite a bit of cleavage. Yes, I mooned the entire ballroom.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 13, 2021, 07:56:21 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I suspect the reworking of the The Patty Duke Show's Cathy/Patty Lane lyrics for Tom/Chris Jennings were probably a riot in and of themselves.  [easter_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 13, 2021, 08:32:39 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #274 (1967) - Barnabas - 'I MUST make my plans. I've already selected the next Josette.'

From "#0273/0274: Robservations 12/06/01: Jason Gets Careless"
Barnabas, insisting that he "must live in a prescribed manner," is off to the races again, all set to turn another young woman (and he knows it's Vicki) into his Josette.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations, yet another one with very little detail, doesn't reference the quote at all. In fact, this is yet another example of how a quote was found quite by accident while looking for a different "MUST" line that the Robservations indicates is in the ep but isn't.

But anyway, to start to explain the circumstances surrounding the quote, after Barnabas says that he exists in a prescribed manner (not that he "must live in a prescribed manner"), he also states that there can be no alternative for him. And after Willie indicates that he understands, Barnabas delivers the quote, much to Willie's horror. (Commercial break)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 15, 2021, 01:16:30 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #986 (1970PT) - Alexis - 'How very deeply you MUST have loved her.'

From "#0986/0987: Robservations 06/18/03: Real or Memorex?"
Alexis, sexy in her sister's nightgown, looks genuinely sad when Quentin realizes his wife has left him. He goes into the drawing room and takes a drink of what looks like strong iced tea. Alexis asks if she's intruding, but he warns he isn't good company. She had no idea Maggie would leave because of her, says Ang--can't everyone see how different she is from her sister? Quentin says the resemblance is a but striking. Only superficial, she assures him, even though twins, they were always so different--she had an inner radiance that was reflected in her every movement--people were enchanted by her. Quentin looks evasive when she says this, like he doesn't believe it, but he says he knows what she means. It wasn't easy being her sister, Alexis assures him, believe me. Quentin says he can imagine, and walks off. Everything was so easy for her, says Alexis, and nothing was easy for me, especially imitating Angelique, and she tried to do that--what woman wouldn't want to be as she was? Quentin has refreshed his drink, almost to the top, and he's downing it quickly. Alexis asks his forgiveness, why didn't he stop her immediately? It's all right, he says. How very deeply you must have loved her, remarks Alexis. Believe me, says Quentin, no one knows more than I how extraordinary he was (said with some sarcasm).
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote perfectly.

And hmmm - in the last line of the Robservations except did Quentin let slip something about Angelique that otherwise had remained a secret? That she was actually a "he"?!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 15, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #449 (1796) - Countess du Pres - 'Then...then I MUST accept.'

From "#0449/0450: Robservations 04/19/02: Joshua Tries to Make it Right"
Barnabas isn't dead, which puzzles her. He doesn't understand himself, says Joshua. She wants to see Barnabas--why did Josette jump if he is alive? Joshua refuses to let her see him, reopening her sorrow. He needs her help. This surprises her. Naomi doesn't know, says Joshua, and it would be cruel to tell her. How has he changed? demands Naomi. He's under a curse, reveals Joshua, and again asks for her help. Joshua tells Natalie Miss Winters isn't the witch, and Natalie guesses Angelique--Peter Bradford told her that, too, so she must accept it.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well, though it frames the quote differently from how it actually plays in the ep. Countess du Pres does mention that Peter told her Angelique is the witch, but it's not that she must accept it because Peter told her, it's after Joshua insists it's true...

Offline Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 15, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
And hmmm - in the last line of the Robservations except did Quentin let slip something about Angelique that otherwise had remained a secret? That she was actually a "he"?!

That's probably a blooper. But Myra Breckinridge was very much in the news at the time, so maybe DC was trying to push the envelope to see if he could get a transsexual story past the ABC censors.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 16, 2021, 05:02:43 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Oops - I'm sorry I didn't make what I was saying clearer. In the actual ep Quentin does refer to Angelique as "she" - it's just in the Robservations that Quentin refers to her as "he".

However, that being said, I totally agree with you that if DC had wanted to try to get something on the air, I wouldn't have put anything past him!  [ghost_nowink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2021, 05:18:42 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #880 (1897) - Garth Blackwood - 'And by the power invested in me, I give you the same sentence that he MUST endure!'

From "Robservations 4/7/03 - #880-881 - Plenty 'o' Deaths; Petofi Tries--Again"
In the woods, Mrs. Johnny Romano has the misfortune to run into Garth Blackwood. What do you want? she asks.  You were helping the prisoner, he accuses.  You're crazy, she says--I don't know any prisoners. How do you plead to the charge? asks Garth--I pronounce you guilty, since you gave him refuge. Get out of my way, she orders. By the power invested in me, I give you the same punishment the prisoner must endure!  He loops the chain around her throat and strangles her as she struggles and screams.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote well though not exactly...

And I love how Sam Hall wrote that line - it's like Garth is performing a wedding ceremony instead of an execution!!  [easter_grin]

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Beth's Ghost - 'Quentin. Where is Quentin? Quentin. I MUST find him') was back on October 15th.